Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LOLTrump
Msg: 51
The Democratic LeaderPage 3 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

says the two safe space open border everything is free snowflakes who said Trump had zero chance and Hitlery would win in a record landslide.......

Awww, tell us agian how the big bad liberals hurt you tommy?

Either way, you better get that checkbook out there timbo, cause tRump needs your tax dollars to pay for that wall.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 52
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 1:20:28 PM
"says the two safe space open border everything is free snowflakes who said Trump had zero chance and Hitlery would win in a record landslide........"

I never said that but I will confess I totally underestimated just how many IDIOTS live down there
 Ouija2025
Msg: 53
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 1:30:05 PM
There will never be a better thread that this. ever
You started playing Santa when you were 17 Tommy?
What newspaper would like to read the article
 LGL1975
Msg: 54
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 1:44:53 PM
Sorry Chumps. O'congo care is staying. And there's not going to be a wall.

Personally I'm looking forward to when Trump let's in a flood of Hindu STEM grads. It'll be good for the col blanc to get a feel for what the working man has been going through.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 55
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 2:04:35 PM
Freedom caucus, Tuesday Group, Tea party, I hadn't known there were so many factions to the Republican party in Congress.

So in Congress, are there more factions that what I have recently read about?
 forumslady
Msg: 56
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 2:43:42 PM
goodlord1- You imply that the right does not resort to violence.
Clearly, that is not the case because any gathering that the right opposes is ALSO guarded.
There are going to be extremists in ANY gathering.
Not everyone on either side resorts to violence.
The media draws attention to it because it's the media and that's what they do.
Are YOU like the violent people on the right?
I take it the answer to that is no.
The right to peaceful protest and the right to free speech in guaranteed in the constitution and that is NOT going to change.
We can NOT let our nation become one that only allows one side or the other to speak their minds.
THAT is un-American!
 John252817
Msg: 57
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 6:11:52 PM
"The right to peaceful protest and the right to free speech in guaranteed in the constitution and that is NOT going to change.
We can NOT let our nation become one that only allows one side or the other to speak their minds.
THAT is un-American!"

^^^^^^ And that is something I agree with. The problem is we have an anti Trump organizer that doesn't want any physical altercations but wants to shut down the Pro Trump people who are rallying. THAT does NOT fit into what is constitutional at all! No one should have the right to shut down a peaceful protest......correct?????
 forumslady
Msg: 58
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 6:22:14 PM
John252817- I'm about to have dinner with my son. (I made bar-b-que ribs, angel hair pasta and a green salad, YUM!)
Can you please show a (credible)source so that I know what you are talking about with this..........?
"The problem is we have an anti Trump organizer that doesn't want any physical altercations but wants to shut down the Pro Trump people who are rallying."
I'll be back after dinner.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 59
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 6:28:51 PM

The problem is we have an anti Trump organizer that doesn't want any physical altercations but wants to shut down the Pro Trump people who are rallying. THAT does NOT fit into what is constitutional at all!

tRump literally sh*ts on the constitution on day one. John meh.

Someone wants to stop a rally. John Wahhh the constitution.
 John252817
Msg: 60
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 6:41:58 PM
“We aren’t going to start fights, but we are going to try to stop them from completing their march,” said Byron Lopez, an organizer, who added that he expects about 100 people."

^^^^^^ This is the liberal fanatic forums I am talking about. So what you said earlier I agree and what this man (Lopez) was a part of is not acceptable to anyone who believes that protesting peacefully should be allowed. Please please, if you reply to what I just said, hopefully you will stick to this and not go off onto something else....We have too many people who deflect. My post is pretty clear, hopefully anyone who wants to reply will reply to it and not "wander" off.

^^^^^^^^ I see Lol has proved me right once again in deflecting. Good job Lol....YIKES!!!!!!
 gtomustang
Msg: 61
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 6:51:30 PM
When will Chump be promising to pay the legal fees of anyone who punches a demonstrator? Or has that promise already been made on Stormfront or Breitbart and its not been mentioned in the "fake media" yet? I was going to include Faux News, but as of late they've been firing people like Napolitano for making them look like fools.
 forumslady
Msg: 62
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 7:35:37 PM
JOhn252817- Well, IF he said this, (you still didn't site a source) he's sounding like Trump.
As GTO pointed out, Trump DID offer to bail out anyone who slugged a protester at any of his rally's, so I'm glad to know you agree with us.
 John252817
Msg: 63
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 7:56:57 PM
forums, I am happy to see that you agree with my post in saying that this liberal organizer has no right to do what he wanted to do. Thanks, we agree on something!!!!

LOLTrump
Msg: 64
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/26/2017 8:44:47 PM

When will Chump be promising to pay the legal fees of anyone who punches a demonstrator?

Right after he pretend gives back his paycheck.

tRump all talk no action, Sad.

Can't even get any action from the little women. I mean when you pay top dollar you think you would get lifetime guarantee.

Guess he was not the best negotiator after all.
 2ufo2
Msg: 65
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 7:31:31 AM
Forumslady...

John never cites any source or answers direct questions.
He just deflects. or talks about something else inane.

I looked up some relevant phrases (lopez pro trump rally) and discovered that Lopez wished to have a non-violent counter-rally to make a wall so the pro Trump rally cannot complete their march but planed to de-escalate any violence by parting the wall if/when confronted.

This march was this past weekend and I understand that two counter-protesters illegally used pepper spray on pro-Trump marches (and were arrested and taken away towards the beginning of the march) then words (i.e. angry and obscene) were exchanged at the end of the march by subgroups from each side.

No slugging of or by anyone that I could find, so Trump gets to keep his legal fees.

ETA: quotes I could find by Lopez in the one article I read (a Huntington Beach newspaper article):
"“We aren’t going to start fights, but we are going to try to stop them from completing their march,” said Byron Lopez..."
and
“We’re not looking to start anything,” he said.
Asked about the reason for the counter rally, Lopez said, “Because this is where the conservative revolution came from. With the rise of Trump has come the rise of hyper-nationalism and we aren’t just going to let that happen.”

John said: "...what this man (Lopez) was a part of is not acceptable to anyone who believes that protesting peacefully should be allowed."
Why?
His protest was planned to be as peaceful as the pro-Trump protest but you would deny him that right? But you say you believe in the right of peaceful protest and individuals voicing their beliefs? So... which is it? From your comments below: don't both sides have the right to protest???

Don't make any assumptions about me.
 John252817
Msg: 66
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 7:42:27 AM
2ufo2, you left out in your post ^^^^^^^^^ his exact words and the quote I posted. That is not the way it goes when you protest, both sides are allowed to be protesting(I know the pro trump rally had a permit), one side doesn't have the "right" to do anything else otherwise. Forumslady agrees and I will assume you do also.....I think......
 LOLTrump
Msg: 67
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 7:51:37 AM
hey John, why can't you answer this question?

John, how can you justify supporting a judge who attempted to deny a worker his right not to die while working?

Are you still a coward John who cannot answer a simple and direct question?
 deetristate
Msg: 68
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 8:12:29 AM
John:

Have they noted any other cases besides the Trucker one ( which the trucker won, by the way), alleging that he "rules in favor of big corporations?"
 gtomustang
Msg: 69
The GOP showed no leadership in the campaign, and Chump failed to lead the push against ACA
Posted: 3/27/2017 8:19:28 AM
Johnny's just a terrified little boy, watching what Chump's real plan is for people like him. the rational part of his brain prays Chump fails to screw over the forgotten people, and he doesn't know how to deal with that feeling.

dee:

" Notably absent was a similar critique of conservatives who pursue their interests in the court system. And Gorsuch has advocated for making it harder for investors and shareholders to bring lawsuits when companies commit securities fraud.On the bench, his judicial decisions show a remarkable ability to shape and re-shape legal arguments in ways that benefit large corporations and disadvantage ordinary people seeking justice. In the Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores case, when he had to choose between the “rights” of corporations and the rights of women, Gorsuch sided with corporations. In consumer protection cases, when he had to choose between the “rights” of corporations and the rights of swindled consumers, Gorsuch sided with corporations. In discrimination cases, when he had to choose between the “rights” of corporations and the rights of employees to be free from harassment and abuse, Gorsuch sided with corporations. He has taken positions that are even more extreme than his extremely conservative colleagues. When it comes to the rules that protect public health and safety, Gorsuch is more radical than Scalia was. Gorsuch believes that courts should not be required to defer to expert agency interpretations of their governing laws. If he had his way, he’d make it even easier for corporations to challenge health and safety rules that prevent them from polluting our air and water, poisoning our food, undermining public safety, or cheating people out of their hard-earned savings. Big companies and rich right-wing billionaires are spending top dollar to help a judge like Gorsuch get over the finish line. But that’s not how our court system is supposed to work. Our courts are supposed to be neutral arbiters, dispensing justice based on the facts and the law — not the party with the most money or political power."

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/03/20/neil-gorsuch-does-not-belong-supreme-court

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/gorsuchs-nuanced-record-on-business/520101/

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/courts/news/2017/02/01/297885/neil-gorsuch-would-be-a-dream-justice-for-corporations-suing-the-government/

"Neil Gorsuch, the 10th Circuit judge nominated by President Donald Trump to fill the vacant seat on the US Supreme Court, is widely expected to favor big business should he be confirmed by the Senate."The [Chief Justice John] Roberts court has been the most pro-business Supreme Court in the history of the court," Michael Burg, founder of the Denver-based law firm Burg, Simpson, Eldredge, Hersh & Jardine, told Business Insider.
"When I look at Judge Gorsuch, do I think he is pro-business? The answer is yes,"

"The expectation Gorsuch will rule on the side of big business has been drawn from the opinions he authored while serving on the 10th Circuit court's bench. In that role, he was not able to rule on many big business-related cases, due to the court's locale."

"Gorsuch's history shows a mixed record on cases related to labor and employment, while he has ruled in business's favor on a case related to arbitration."

http://www.businessinsider.com/neil-gorsuch-business-supreme-court-2017-2
 deetristate
Msg: 70
The GOP showed no leadership in the campaign, and Chump failed to lead the push against ACA
Posted: 3/27/2017 8:34:27 AM
Thanks for the info.
I will read up on how other sources discuss those additional cases, particularly in light of your quote:

"""" In that role, he was not able to rule on many big business-related cases, due to the court's locale."

"""""Gorsuch's history shows a :mixed record: on cases related to labor and employment, while he has ruled in business's favor on :a: case related to arbitration."""""".

----------------------

Interesting that he opinion writer that you quoted said:

"""""Our courts are supposed to be neutral arbiters, dispensing justice based on the facts and the law """"

when during the confirmation hearings, the Dems are constantly trying to get him to give an opinion in the absence of facts and law. He then reminds them that """"Our courts are supposed to be neutral arbiters, dispensing justice based on the facts and the law """"
 2ufo2
Msg: 71
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 8:50:08 AM

... ( which the trucker won, by the way),...

The trucker:
A Detroit resident, Maddin has been unable to find work as a driver since his firing seven years ago and is “somewhat homeless,” said Fetter (who represented the truck driver in a suit over the lawfulness of his termination), who has stayed in touch.

The trucker won...?
I don't think so.

Interesting that he opinion writer that you quoted said:

"""""Our courts are supposed to be neutral arbiters, dispensing justice based on the facts and the law """"

when during the confirmation hearings, the Dems are constantly trying to get him to give an opinion in the absence of facts and law. He then reminds them that """"Our courts are supposed to be neutral arbiters, dispensing justice based on the facts and the law """"

It just means that one of them can read.
Or this may be a case of irony.
Or maybe this is one of those things from law school that every lawyer knows... the purpose of the courts.
 Kj521
Msg: 72
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 9:58:34 AM
Joe.....

"It is true... that Garden gnomes always brighten up any neighbourhood...

Since you seem so bothered by the pic I put up for KJ... either from jealousy or hurt feelings... I've decided to add you to it..."

Keep your weapon...I have no use for such things.

You break my heart. Then again...you break everyone's heart. :(
 _babblefish
Msg: 73
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 11:38:05 AM

yesterday Saturday the 25th the conservatives held the Clearwater Florida portion of a nationwide rally to support our troops, the police and the nation's President. we had a series of speeches and prayers then we walked from the Clearwater Marina in downtown Clearwater across the huge Memorial Bridge to Clearwater Beach. there were hundreds of us.

i watched the video x2 you posted and your exaggeration of alternative facts shirley is funny, real funny, maybe there were 100 people iffin you had double vision with half a dozen bored looking cops included in those numbers

yuge turnout honkin' aboot nuttin'
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 74
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 2:09:30 PM

Keep your weapon...I have no use for such things.

You break my heart.

Funny... that it didn't "break your heart"... when Tom, John and Cammer tried to "weaponize" it against me... At least not enough to publicly call them out...

Your lack of "use" for such "weapons" didn't seem to be much of an issue then...

It seems that your "heartbreak" is rather partisan... wouldn't you say...? I get that those posters mean little to you... but wouldn't that be exactly the reason for calling them out on the matter...?

So... I'll ask again...

Do you get kicked out of the "club" for siding with a "liberal"...?
 GoodLord1
Msg: 75
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 3/27/2017 2:34:03 PM
upon closer examination of your cute little garden gnome Mungo Jerry it would appear that he

is in a state of.......... excitement.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader