Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoodLord1
Msg: 151
The Democratic LeaderPage 7 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

Tom... the "short joke" isn't because you are short... It's because you present yourself as someone who has a severe case of "little man syndrome"... whenever you get a difficult challenge on a point of fact...

there is no such thing as a little man syndrome.
very large men brag too.
big guys do the very same thing I do.
you need to work in a steel mill for 30 years.
I worked alongside many guys 6'5 and 250 pounds or more.
their exploits put mine to shame.

allow me to illustrate.
I remember golfing with the mill vice president, a strong man 6'8. I had to crane my neck up at him.
we were on a par 5 hole and he drove a good one about 275.
he turned to us and said "I got it all. no one's going to touch it."

I've golfed since I was eleven. I outdrove him by 5 yards. he proceeded to brag the rest of the nine how good he was in all things over me.

men and a few women brag. it has nothing to do with their size.

Candy and everyone - I don't follow Trump like a piper piper's mouse. i have my own ideas. I don't like Sean Spicer at all. he stumbles and hems and haws too much. he's not a good communicator. I don't like Trump's BS tweeting. some tweets are ok but he does too many and shoots himself in the foot.
Melania wants to be Baron's mom, not first lady. i'm not impressed with one or two of his cabinet picks. but I think in general he will do the job we elected him to despite his missteps. that job is to get all America working again with GOOD paying jobs.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 152
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/2/2017 1:17:32 PM

there is no such thing as a little man syndrome...

..allow me to illustrate.

So you just illustrated there is no such thing as little man syndrome by telling everyone a story about how you drove a golf ball further than a tall person.

...but I think in general he will do the job we elected him to despite his missteps. that job is to get all America working again with GOOD paying jobs.

Which would mean investing in future economies and not trying to bring back the past, so tRump is literally doing the opposite of what is needed, but I know this is well beyond your level of comprehension so I will not bother asking you for any details, as it is clear you do not have a clue what you are talking about.
 tomfiend
Msg: 153
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/2/2017 2:57:58 PM

but I know this is well beyond your level of comprehension so I will not bother asking you for any details, as it is clear you do not have a clue what you are talking about.

LOL for somebody who I am guessing does not have an IQ much North of 100...... you sure do like to call almost everybody else stupid don't you? Did it ever occur to you that you are the, relatively speaking, lower IQ person here..... it sure occurred to me in your case.
 tomfiend
Msg: 154
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/2/2017 3:39:29 PM
And I just went back to read some of the posts here...having missed them the first time...(I generally don't read the long posts of Cotter...since I assume they are all a lie... and saw these gems ....from Cotter:

To date, I have not seen one Trump supporter in here denounce Trump's despicable behavior. Additionally, that man (that you are referring to) had a picture of himself on his profile with his hands all over some little girl ... and regardless who she is, when you have a man like that who is ready to defend such a pervert to the end, then quite frankly, there is need for concern.

Have you no shame woman? He posts a photo of his granddaughter and you accuse the guy of being a pedophile.... because you don't like his political opinions. See what I mean about intolerant leftist trash folks? But even I did not recognize how low into the swamp some of these people would go (Okay...that's I lie.... I recognized long ago Cotter is lying pos swamp creature....but i am talking in generalities here)

Don't feed the trolls and in his case, don't feed the mentally ill trolls.

Well Cotter, you would be awfully lonely if people took your advice.

Kj ... yes we are friends, but I am standing my grounds on this one. Mentally ill or not ... any man who supports such a horrible pervert needs to be watched closely when they are around defenseless women and little girls. And I do mean ANY man.

John this woman has defamed you. To the extent people know who you are... she has stated not an "opinion" but a defamatory fact. You can make her life miserable if you want to. Feel free to PM me and I will give you advice on how to do it....and you can do it from your local court house....she will have no option but to hire a lawyer if you do so, or if she has the right insurance.... she will be forced to use it. Just saying.... This lying piece of trash needs to learn a lesson. Simple subpoena John...you will know who she is and where she lives for service of process.

From Forumslady:

Frankly, I've been trying to avoid you because I have come to realize that you are truly mentally ill. I wish I had never said that jokingly, or even in the midst of an argument with you. It isn't funny. You are a person in great pain who needs to lash out to feel better.
I feel sorry for you, you need help..... It wouldn't be kind of me to joke about your frame of mind at this point, not now that I'm certain of the fact that you have deep seeded issues to resolve, like I said, it isn't funny or something to make light of.
What you do on these forums will never ease the pain of whatever it is that happened to you.
I'm just going to avoid you from now on.
I doubt you will realize I'm being serious right now, but I truly do hope that you get help

Of all of the patronizing Bullshit on this board, especially from somebody who had a mental breakdown before our very eyes this weekend.....this is too much.

More from Forumslady
April calls him that because she's racist, plain and simple.
I'm calling out right bs on her "English isn't my first language" nonsense

more patronizing bullshit......Forumslady... you've had your fun... now grow up or get help.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 155
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/2/2017 3:42:59 PM

but I know this is well beyond your level of comprehension so I will not bother asking you for any details, as it is clear you do not have a clue what you are talking about.

this is a good illustration of why i have to constantly tell you what i have accomplished because we have a guy saying i'm basically pretty dumb. i get it from several people on here. stupid people generally don't do well in life.

so instead of "bragging" about my business and social successes i'll just say-
"You're right. i'm dumb as a rock."

is everyone happy?

joe:

Tom... the "short joke" isn't because you are short...

so you call me the garden gnome and Little Tom Thumb because....? i'm cute?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 156
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/2/2017 4:26:34 PM

Tom... the "short joke" isn't because you are short...

so you call me the garden gnome and Little Tom Thumb because....? i'm cute?

It kind of helps when saying such things... to not have previously posted.... that you understand the reason... and suggest that it may be right... but just not as originally specified...

there is no such thing as a little man syndrome.
very large men brag too.
big guys do the very same thing I do.
you need to work in a steel mill for 30 years.
I worked alongside many guys 6'5 and 250 pounds or more.
their exploits put mine to shame.

allow me to illustrate.
I remember golfing with the mill vice president, a strong man 6'8. I had to crane my neck up at him.
we were on a par 5 hole and he drove a good one about 275.
he turned to us and said "I got it all. no one's going to touch it."

I've golfed since I was eleven. I outdrove him by 5 yards. he proceeded to brag the rest of the nine how good he was in all things over me.

men and a few women brag. it has nothing to do with their size.

You may very well be right about that... perhaps "small man syndrome" is the wrong term... if I understand what you are saying here...

You're giving us a story... about a guy who shot his mouth off... got "called"... and then spent the rest of the time in full braggadocio... because he couldn't "up" his game to match... and couldn't admit that he had been "called"...

Now I'm confused... isn't that pretty much what I said... minus the words "small man syndrome"...?

Were you trying to agree with me...?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 157
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/2/2017 4:52:33 PM

this is a good illustration of why i have to constantly tell you what i have accomplished because we have a guy saying i'm basically pretty dumb. i get it from several people on here. stupid people generally don't do well in life.

Then prove me wrong.

Lay out why you think tRump's policies will create jobs.
 deetristate
Msg: 158
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/2/2017 4:53:06 PM
If all they have is to talk about your size, they must have no valid responses to your positions.

---Insults are the last refuge of the out-argued. ~Unknown
 GoodLord1
Msg: 159
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/4/2017 4:49:37 AM
World's Shortest Books 
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY COUNTRY 
By Jane Fonda, Cindy Sheehan, & Michelle Obama 
Illustrated by Michael Moore, Foreword by George Soros 
______________________________ __________
                           MY CHRISTIAN ACCOMPLISHMENTS 
                    & HOW I HELPED AFTER KATRINA 
               By "The Rev Jesse Jackson" & "The Rev Al Sharpton" 
                      ______________________________ ________
                                 THINGS I CANNOT AFFORD 
                                               By Bill Gates 
                      ___________________________ ______
                 THINGS WE KNOW TO BE TRUE 
                                          By Al Gore & John Kerry 
                            ______________________________ _______
HOW TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST
By Dr. Jack Kevorkian 
______________________________ ____
TO ALL THE MEN WE HAVE LOVED BEFORE
By Ellen de Generes & Rosie O'Donnell 
THE AMISH PHONE DIRECTORY
______________________________ ______________________
 HOW TO WIN A SUPERBOWL 
BY THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS 
______________________________ _____________________
 JUST ADDED: 
My Complete Knowledge of Military Strategy 
By Nancy Pelosi  

And the shortest book of them all.......................

THINGS I DID TO DESERVE THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 
By Barack Obama
 LOLTrump
Msg: 160
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/4/2017 7:12:46 AM
How I c*cked a group of conservatives

by D. tRump

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Maleman999
Msg: 161
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/4/2017 7:33:49 AM
Another one to add to the list:
How I got Hillary's emails hacked and blamed it on Hillary

by D. Trumpovski
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 162
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/4/2017 5:48:23 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-white-men-flee-trumps-approval-rating-dips-again/ar-BBzm43g?li=BBnb7Kz

The WURMS may slowly be crawling back into their holes

W=white
U=uneducated
R=racist (or bigoted)
M=misogynists

The Dems need to apply the pressure; go out to town hall meetings and lay it on!
They gotta roll up their sleeves and make the most of this break while they have the chance.
Making their case to the "pple" is their only venue, and the evidence is clear
It will be time well spent going into 2018!
 congupnaroad
Msg: 163
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/4/2017 6:37:03 PM

You lost because of a career-corrupt, dishonest candidate named Hillary Clinton. You lost because the Democratic Party, intent upon crowning Queen Hillary, sabotaged Bernie Sanders, resulting in many supporters staying home while others voted Trump. You lost because you applied, ad nauseam, your divisive identity politics: black/white, poor/evil-rich, victim/oppressor, etc.
You would not respect our honest feelings regarding (illegal) immigration, race relations, crime and a disastrous Obama foreign policy. Your pseudo-world of political correctness selectively strangled speech, behavior and our very thoughts. You marginalized innocent people by your incessant smearing; you know — racist, fascist, homophobe, etc.
Hillary called us "deplorables". I cite a letter to the Journal by Lauren Wong who intelligently expressed a legitimate civic concern. She questioned the wisdom of resettling refugees in our already economically-strapped community. Watchdog Roger Mann, applying super-analytic skills, quickly diagnosed her a "bigot". Shameful!

In summary, you lost because millions of decent American voters rose up and voiced their hurt and frustrations. Trump haters, continue your disruptive protests and blind rage and you will succeed in unifying us further, increasing our numbers and, in 2020, ushering in the cry, 'four more years!".

poughkeepsiejournal.com

This article pretty much sums up why Trump won.True democracy in action! Further to that I would bet that a fair majority of Trump haters didn't even vote, so they have no right to complain.

So suck it up and build a bridge and get over it.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 164
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/4/2017 7:11:16 PM

This article pretty much sums up why Trump won.

No, this article pretty much sums up why you think Trump won.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is what is happening right now, and it does not look pretty.
 John252817
Msg: 165
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/4/2017 7:23:09 PM
Do you think the Bern and corrupt Hillary are going to spend Easter together? Hardly, the Bern put corrupt Hillary in her place a couple days ago as far as her deplorable statement and why SHE lost. There is no one home as far as any resemblance of a democratic leader. Wait, maybe Susan Rice is. I know I know, not funny at all. She does keep a straight face when she lies on TV(benghazi). Now is she lying again????? Quite possibly. So no, there is no leaser in the party. I bet Obama wishes these things didn't get exposed....YIKES!!!!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 166
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/5/2017 6:12:46 AM

So suck it up and build a bridge and get over it.

The bridge is being built...the objective is to take back the Senate in 2018.....step 1
Lots of disgruntled Trump voters being left with a bad taste!

Do you think the Bern and corrupt Hillary are going to spend Easter together?

No, because the Bern is Jewish......Hey, that is another reason why yous can despise him!

She does keep a straight face when she lies on TV

I guess you oughta know lots about lying.......as Trump has been hornswoggling you with his lies since he started campaigning!
 Maleman999
Msg: 167
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/5/2017 6:46:29 AM

Do you think the Bern and corrupt Hillary...

Who has spent more time in court fighting allegations-Trump or Hillary? How many times has Trump lost court cases over ripping off contractors and workers, and any crooked deals he's made? Trump lost a court case just before inauguration. When has Hillary been in court and found guilty of any crime? I guess the rule of innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to her for some reason-but applies to everybody else. Shouldn't the chant be "Trump the crook. Lock him up" and get the nickname of "corrupt Donald", since he's the one with the rap sheet and proven in court to be corrupt? His rap sheet might not even end there, if there's evidence that shows he had help from hackers to win the election.
 gtomustang
Msg: 168
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/5/2017 6:46:52 AM
Subbing in a GOP target for Bernie Sanders was a mistake. The Dems applied divisive identity politics? Yeah, they are the ones who said Mexicans are rapists and Vietnam POWs are losers. They did waste time focusing on social issues when they should have remembered James Carville's favorite line, "its the economy, stupid". Of course, they figured with the stock market hitting record numbers under Obama and recovering from the Bush recession, that the economy was doing ok. For sure, voter turnout was low as usual. Some people thought HRC had it in the bag, the country couldn't be so stupid as to go Chump, might as well stay home and keep hands clean. Comey's unique announcement sure didn't help get people up off their ass.

the Dems do focus on where the GOP gets its money from, and since the GOP is getting rid of unions that save those jobs in the Midwest, that's the old fashioned source of DemParty cash, so hey, who can blame them? Chump's got Goldman Sachs and Jamie Diamond in the White House, so it sure isn't like the GOP is out to help the little guy, just use him. Chump's no fly zone over Mar-A-Lago alone is ready to put small businesses at local airports out of business.

Its true, the Dems didn't worry about bullshit feelings, but dealt in facts. blaming immigrants for business chasing the dollar is avoidance of the real issue. Romney wanted to leave the American auto industry to die (that would help out trade balance) while Obama saved it and the jobs it creates in the Midwest, but the Trumpets voting to get rid of unions who speak for them, seem to forget. Nixon also catered to the "Silent Majority" and did the Southern Strategy, how much did he help them? Automation and a weak consumer demand from baby boomers retiring is as much responsible for those "honest feelings" that something's wrong. General Electric was moving from making light bulbs to financial markets decades ago. the simple fact is, the ecomomy is changing. Sears and Roebuck is going out of business due to the internet, and as anchor stores like it go, so go the malls that sucked business out of Main Street. Things are changing, and smart laborers will change with it.

Race relations? Yeah, the southern states used to say they were too genteel to be racist, now its the Midwest saying they're too nice to be racist. They voted Obama for hope and change, now they vote for the guy who says Mexicans are rapists...oh, excuse me, deplorables. Its Hillaryious the Trumpets only worry about labels when they are on the receiving end.

Millions more voters voted HRC--not b/c they liked her, but b/c they were too smart to fall for Chump's shill game. But Trunpets voted for their feelings, and now are wondering where their insurance is going.
 John252817
Msg: 169
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/5/2017 7:02:37 AM
California, a place that trump didn't focus on, gave corrupt hillary more votes. gto, maybe you can read up on how a president wins the WH because you are still hugging onto what hillary hugged onto....YIKES!!!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 170
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/5/2017 7:16:21 AM

Millions more voters voted HRC--not b/c they liked her, but b/c they were too smart to fall for Chump's shill game. But Trunpets voted for their feelings, and now are wondering where their insurance is going.

Does not matter what tRump does, they are going to blame Obama for it anyway.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 171
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/6/2017 2:37:02 PM

Does not matter what tRump does, they are going to blame Obama for it anyway.

And that is exactly what Trump did when he gave his speech along side King Abdullah (who incidentally, speaks better English and is a better orator than Trump...by leaps & bounds).

All Trump did is take cheap shots at Obama during his assessment of the Gas attacks in Syria; and assailing Assad threatening retribution of some kind!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/opinions/trump-foreign-policy-ghitis-opinion/index.html

What Trump STUPIDLY doesn't realize is that this gas-attack could have been staged!!!!
By whom?.....well no prize if you guess Putin.

Why would Assad order such a Gas attack while in the midst of a successful campaign against the insurgents, that he is expected to win & complete in a short period of time?

Why (in theory) would he himself risk alienating Russia; who is supporting him in all aspects...and who clearly was supposed to be in possession of Syrian poison gas bombs.

Why would he risk the ire of all other Arab nations; who are also in his corner for the sake of defeating ISIS and enacting stability back in his country???

Why would Putin orchestrate this you ask?
Well, who would benefit from the US miring itself back into the ME mess?
who would benefit from further polarization of Dems vs Pubs here in the US
who would benefit from wasting more US money & resources
who would benefit from shifting the attention away from Russia

Trump has painted himself in a corner; he now must act with the tough talk he gave
Otherwise he will look as "weak" as Obama did (which is what the GOP was accusing him of); maybe worse!

Get ready for another war...GwB style!
 HawkingJr
Msg: 172
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/6/2017 3:30:59 PM
There’s almost never any sort of real leader to the opposition party in the United States -- that's the thing of parliamentary governments, where the opposition party leader is very likely to be the next head of state/government when the opposition party retakes power, but that doesn't happen with our presidential republic. The closest thing the Republicans had throughout Obama’s presidency (with the exception of 2012 post-primary) was John Boehner, and not only is he not running the GOP today, he’s no longer even active in politics! If anyone should have been the leader, it probably should have been McCain, since not only was he their candidate for president opposite Obama’s first run, but he also went back to being an active member of the Senate after the election was over, but he’s so different from the Tea Party faction that took over the party in 2009, he just got shoved aside and sometimes it’s forgettable that he ever led the party.

On a similar note, Pelosi is obviously the most tenured Democratic leader (though she should have left her position long ago) and Schumer is the most powerful elected Democratic leader (since legislation can be filibustered in the Senate, so he has more power than Pelosi), but both of them are quite hated and too far to the left to be considered the current leader. Obama is still quite popular but has largely gone underground as most former presidents initially do, if for no other reason than to do their part in the peaceful transition of power, and he can never really be politically powerful again on a national scale. Nobody cares who is *officially* running the party (Perez).

I would argue that Sanders is the current Democratic leader (even though he is even to the left of Pelosi and Schumer) because he is consistently the most popular American politician in polls, even getting thumbs up from many Republicans. In fact, despite being 79 around that time, he could probably trounce Trump in 2020 and would have likely easily beaten Trump in 2016, socialist or not. He’s the current active Democratic politician that most people will sit down and listen to, and he may be the only one the vast majority of Americans consider to be honest.

The obvious problem is that he’s 75, so he’s not going to be the “leader” for much longer. Democrats have no bigger problem than all of their “stars” being on the verge of retirement (or in Obama’s case, already forced into retirement) or death. Being decimated beyond the White House over the past 8 years has led to a dearth of quality candidates for high profile gigs, and they have nobody with Obama’s charisma and youth on deck (except maybe Booker, but, come on, man – are we just going to keep repeating the past exactly?). Ignoring the remote possibility that Sanders or Warren runs in 2020, I haven’t the foggiest idea who will get the nomination (besides maybe Booker), or even who will be a serious candidate – it will almost certainly be a dark horse, some lesser known senator, or governor. Regardless of who it is, the most important qualification is for the candidate to be fairly squeaky clean like Sanders, because HRC would be president easily if not for all her baggage, but if the economy is in the gutter and we’re mired deep in a Syrian war and half of Trump’s supporting cast is in jail by then, even Clinton might be able to beat Trump this time (but let’s not try that again, shall we?).
 trinity818
Msg: 173
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/6/2017 3:42:54 PM
^^^

OMG. "Back from the dead". Good to "read" you again Hawking
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 174
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:00:01 PM

he could probably trounce Trump in 2020 and would have likely easily beaten Trump in 2016, socialist or not. He’s the current active Democratic politician that most people will sit down and listen to, and he may be the only one the vast majority of Americans consider to be honest.....................................if the economy is in the gutter and we’re mired deep in a Syrian war and half of Trump’s supporting cast is in jail by then, even Clinton might be able to beat Trump this time (but let’s not try that again, shall we?).

^ you've finally seen the light!

right now, I think Biden should position himself for 2020
 forumslady
Msg: 175
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:06:43 PM
yule liquor- "right now, I think Biden should position himself for 2020"
I do too, and have pretty much since Trump won.
I think (hope) he will.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader