Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HawkingJr
Msg: 176
view profile
History
The Democratic LeaderPage 8 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Biden will be just short of 78 during the 2020 election. How is that any different than Sanders? And even though Trump seems like a hundred, he's still 4-5 years younger than both of them. Not that that would prevent people from voting for either of them over Trump, but I'm just saying, that's the Democratic Party's biggest problem: the lack of youthful charismatic leaders. By contrast, the GOP, in just the last primary, had Rubio, Paul, Cruz and Christie (among others) and dozens of young charismatic well-known senators, representatives and governors. Nearly all of Democrats' most famous and beloved leaders are old. It's a serious problem for 2020 and beyond.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 177
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/7/2017 9:02:26 AM
Looks like Good Lord ran through one cat door too many...
 deetristate
Msg: 178
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/7/2017 9:30:32 AM
Looks like petty prevailed.
 Walts
Msg: 179
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/7/2017 9:37:22 AM

Looks like petty prevailed.

It sure did Dee. Look above you, it arrived just in time to "replace" the Lord, good or bad.
 Walts
Msg: 180
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/7/2017 10:23:59 AM

I'm not replacing lord...just here to lie...like my counterpart.

You probably should have just stuck with Tommy, same dif.

Is this what you define as "petty" Dee??????
 LOLTrump
Msg: 181
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/7/2017 11:45:01 AM

I'm not replacing lord...just here to lie...like my counterpart.

and you will burn in hell for those words.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 182
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/7/2017 12:05:17 PM
April, if that is you, please don't do this, not bec. of anyone else here. This is a message board, you cannot hurt anyone in here, really, not without their consent.

However, April, if you are playing mean games, the one you hurt the most is yourself.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 183
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/7/2017 12:27:21 PM

I like the ring of the Devil

The "Devil's Onion Ring" ???

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=devil%27s%20onion%20ring

Top Definition

devil's onion ring

anus, rectum, buthole, ***hole, basically the poop hole

That girl is sooo hot I would eat her devil's onion ring

#anus #rectum #buthole #***hole #devils onion ring
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Devils onion ring

This is the area behind your taint. Also known as a butt hole or ass hole.

Man your devils onion ring is stinky today.

#onion ring #devils ring #devil's onion ring #ring of fire #***hole
 LOLTrump
Msg: 184
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/10/2017 10:41:44 AM
Bernie Sanders Scorches Trump With One Amazing 30 Second Answer
Politicus Media
Published on Apr 9, 2017

During an interview on Meet The Press, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) turned the tables on Trump and warned Republicans that they should be helping the middle class and rebuilding America instead of spending more money on the war in the Middle East.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YI-JBqhm7M
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 185
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 4/12/2017 7:24:47 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-survive-election-scare-narrowly-win-kansas-seat/ar-BBzGSyJ?li=BBnbfcL

The Dems never miss a chance to fumble the ball!

In a special house election (to preplace Pompeo's seat) in a deeply red district in Kansas, the GOP squeaked out a win over a Dem unknown (thompson).

What is interesting here is that the GOP was vulnerable in this election, and Thompson informed the DNC of that, and asked for 20K in campaign funds..............the DNC refused, and Thompson ran on a "shoe string" budget.

The GOP however, sent their big guns there (Pence, etc) to shore up the base, and spent what they had to spend to keep the seat in GOP hands; and it paid off.

The point here is that the Dems had a chance to stage a major upset in a district that was in GOP control over the past 20 yrs. This woulda sent shock waves to the GOP Reps; but the Dems wrote it off like the fools they are (and unfortunately have been).

If this was Perez's decision not to send the money; then this guy is clearly not fit to be the DNC chairman, and will likely end up doing more harm than good!
 deetristate
Msg: 186
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/20/2017 7:33:57 PM
"""""""Former Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel pulled off a narrow victory over Democrat Jon Ossoff in the hotly contested congressional special election in suburban Atlanta Tuesday.

The Associated Press projected Handel’s win with about 80 percent of votes counted. She was leading Ossoff 53 percent to 47 percent as of 10 p.m. Tuesday night.

In beating Ossoff, a 30-year-old first-time candidate who mounted a surprisingly strong bid, Handel triumphed over a wave of liberal activism and organizing so robust that it transformed the once-solidly red district to a total toss up in the months before the election. Democrats, fueled by anger at President Donald Trump and the Republican Congress’ efforts to repeal Obamacare, poured millions into the race, making it the most expensive congressional match-up in U.S. history.

Congressional Republicans are likely heaving a sigh of relief at the result, the third straight loss for Democrats in their quest to flip historically red districts in special elections under Trump. Still just last year, Republican Tom Price won the district by 23 points, making Tuesday’s results a stunning swing that could signal trouble for Republicans going forward. They may take a lesson from Handel’s careful positioning on the president as a potential path forward for 2018 if Trump remains unpopular.

Despite a massively fired up Democratic base that turned Ossoff’s election into a national cause and stoked the rise of new groups in Georgia, Handel will now represent the district previously held by Newt Gingrich and Price, who left to become Trump’s secretary of Health and Human Services.

It’s a stinging loss for Democrats, who will need to pick up 24 seats in the midterms to gain control of the House, including a number of red-leaning districts like this one. Democrats also lost a lower-profile special election in South Carolina Tuesday night, though by a smaller margin than was expected in the solidly red district."""""""

Who are the Dems running for President in 2020?
 John252817
Msg: 187
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/20/2017 7:52:03 PM
So much for that big bad georgia democrat that was going to have all the democrats partying tonite.....doesn't it remind ya of november 2016???? YIKES!!! I sure hope the crying has subsided since november...YIKES!!!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 188
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/20/2017 7:54:09 PM
Its a sad turn of events for the Dems
Losing both the SC 5th and Georgia 6th
Of 4 special elections they have not won even 1.

In order to have an impact, the Dems need to win more seats....at the end of the day, that is what matters
Given all the controversy that Trump has mired himself in....his base remains strong
Unless there is a massive economic collapse...I can't see much change for the Dems in 2018
 chameleonf
Msg: 189
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/20/2017 8:06:07 PM
New parties need to rise up and put both the Dems and Repubs out of commission. They're both old, stale throwbacks.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 190
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/20/2017 8:26:43 PM
^^^Agree...Clean House...get rid of all the ole Balls. ;)
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 191
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/20/2017 8:59:26 PM
Neither party will be going anywhere anytime soon
The GOP has a firm hold in the south & much of the mid-west
They have won back all 4 house seats that were vacated by Trump appointees...and now have revived confidence in pushing through the Trump agenda.

The Dems need to remove Pelosi as a party spokesperson......the GOP used her as the focal point to get their pple out to vote.

The only thing I see that is gonna propel the Dems to wider victories in 2018, .....is a major economic down-turn.
Right now, I don't see them having the capacity to win back a majority on their own momentum.

God help us!
 John252817
Msg: 192
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/20/2017 9:04:04 PM
Democrats......0-5 in special elections....YIKES!!! Just think what is going to happen when more bad democratic news/leaks/scandal comes out....YIKES!!!
 gtomustang
Msg: 193
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 4:59:05 AM
apparently a close win according to Faux:

"With all precincts reporting, Handel, a former Georgia secretary of state, led Ossoff 52 percent to 48 percent -- a margin of nearly 11,000 votes out of more than 250,000 ballots cast."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/20/polls-close-in-georgias-record-setting-special-house-election.html

that close a shave could have easily gone another way. and that's a statement, too.
 deetristate
Msg: 194
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:08:19 AM
And hillary won the popular vote.

So who are dems lining up for 2020?
 HawkingJr
Msg: 195
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:35:17 AM
I wouldn’t be high-fiving and back-slapping each other just yet, Trump worshippers. The 4 special elections the Republicans recently won were 4 of the most conservative districts in America, yet they barely won each of them this time.

The Democrats put almost no money or effort into Mulvaney’s old seat in the forgotten South Carolina race last night and yet the Republican winner only got 51% of the vote, vs. the 59% Mulvaney got in November. Mike Pompeo got 61% of the vote for his Kansas seat in November – his Republican successor only got 51% of the vote in the Trump Era special election. Ryan Zinke got 56% of the vote for his Montana seat in November – body slammer Gianforte couldn’t even get a majority at 49.9% during his special election, against some backwoods banjo-player.

And in Georgia, Ossoff was a terrible candidate for that district – only 30 years old with no political experience, extremely liberal and he didn’t even live in that district, and yet STILL he got 48% of the vote against a fairly moderate, reasonable, female former Georgia secretary of state with deep roots in the community. Handel’s 52% is pathetic in comparison to the 62% Tom Price got in November. Yeah, Democrats threw a ton of money at the district and came up empty, but just the fact that Republicans have lost about 10 points across all those conservative districts in the Trump Era tells you they’re going to be in serious trouble in 2018 when they’re defending dozens of seats where they had far less than the 20 point blowouts they had in November for these seats that were part of the special elections.

I’m sure Dee and John and KJ will come back at me with “sour grapes” and “sore loser,” but that’s because they aren’t very intelligent people (like most Trump worshippers) and have no use for math and statistics and science and such, which very plainly spell out “doom” in 2018 for Republicans... assuming, of course, circumstances stay as they currently are or get worse, from the GOP perspective. I mean, there’s this much hate toward Trump with the economy he inherited from Obama booming (although oil and commodities have some big issues coming up) – imagine what would happen if there’s a recession by next November. So long as Trump keeps behaving like a moron (which is pretty much guaranteed considering he’s been that way since childhood) and he keeps pursuing a far-right agenda in a center-left country that voted 54% against him, I’d say the Democrats are in pretty good shape, despite mid-terms generally historically favoring Republicans (but so do special elections) and all their gerrymandering advantages.

That said, I still don’t see the Senate flipping, or at least not by more than one or two votes (because the map is absurdly against them), and answering again the original question of this thread, who the hell knows who the Democratic leader is or who will be the 2020 nominee? Winning 2018 will not automatically create any young charismatic superstars for the party.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 196
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 6:32:09 AM
^

The Democrats put almost no money or effort into Mulvaney’s old seat in the forgotten South Carolina race last night

If true, then this was a big mistake, because it seems that they had the right guy in the "line-up"...they did the same in the Kansas special election....IMO, DNC chairman should be fired!

And in Georgia, Ossoff was a terrible candidate for that district – only 30 years old with no political experience, extremely liberal and he didn’t even live in that district, and yet STILL he got 48% of the vote

Then this ^ reflects poor judgment on the part of the Dems..they sink all they money into a race and put the wrong guy in the line-up.............on the flip side, its good to see that the Dems are getting more votes, but it is not translating into anything!

but just the fact that Republicans have lost about 10 points across all those conservative districts in the Trump Era tells you they’re going to be in serious trouble in 2018 when they’re defending dozens of seats where they had far less than the 20 point blowouts they had in November for these seats that were part of the special elections.

This ^ assumes that the GOP is not gonna make any changes in their tactics come next November. Unlike the Dems, the GOP is better able to learn from their experiences. The SC & Georgia CD election was supposed to be a referendum on the Trump presidency...however, the GOP turned it into a referendum against Nancy Pelosi, and because of that they were able to squeak by. IMO, they will try to build on these wins, and try to carry over their momentum into next year...these wins are more important psychologically than anything else.

imagine what would happen if there’s a recession by next November.

The GOP playbook should now be clear.....they are gonna make future elections all about running against the left wing arm of the Democratic party. They know that if it comes down to Trump vs Pelosi, they will end up winning in their strongholds........IMO, the best hope for the DEms is a big economic down turn for 2018

So long as Trump keeps behaving like a moron (which is pretty much guaranteed considering he’s been that way since childhood) and he keeps pursuing a far-right agenda in a center-left country that voted 54% against him, I’d say the Democrats are in pretty good shape, despite mid-terms generally historically favoring Republicans (but so do special elections) and all their gerrymandering advantages.

The Dems need to tweak their platform toward the right....they will have no problem winning districts in the blue states, but will that be enough to gain a majority?

That said, I still don’t see the Senate flipping, or at least not by more than one or two votes (because the map is absurdly against them),

which is why they need to make some changes....the definition of stupidity is:.... doing the same things and expecting a different result!
 John252817
Msg: 197
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 6:44:20 AM
gto, how did that California influence do in Georgia last night??? YIKES!!! Group hug today? Looks like Hawking needs one also. Do they and intelligence go hand in hand? Doesn't look like it....YIKES!!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 198
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:22:33 AM

The GOP playbook should now be clear.....they are gonna make future elections all about running against the left wing arm of the Democratic party. They know that if it comes down to Trump vs Pelosi, they will end up winning in their strongholds........IMO, the best hope for the DEms is a big economic down turn for 2018

yep and they will also use SuperPac to spread fake news, as they know derps like johnny has such a Hillary boner that he will believe anything they tell him.

Up to and including screwing over his owns grand kids future.

It is sad really seeing someone do that to his grand kids, but in his defense he is pretty much retarded.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 199
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:09:35 AM

So much for that big bad georgia democrat that was going to have all the democrats partying tonite.....doesn't it remind ya of november 2016???? YIKES!!! I sure hope the crying has subsided since november...YIKES!!!

I did feel a trifle sad that that Democratic guy didn't win, but at best they were calling it a toss up and historically that seat has been republican since 1979. So not likely to change and it would have been systemic if it did change. It was a hail mary while Dems were sure Hillary would win back in Nov 2016. So IMO not at all the same. If Ossoff would have won, then it would be more like the same as 2016, just he other side of the same coin.

Honestly, had no idea of the actual merits of either candidate, Jon Ossoff vs. Karen Handel, so maybe the best "man" did win.

I don't often vote a straight ticket assuming I know something about who the candidates are. I like Bruce Rauner in Illinois, he is a republican I voted for though I usually vote democratic.

I guess these special elections proves money still can't buy an election, but is sure helps to lose one if you don't have much money.

I agree with dee, Dems need better candidates and a better message. I am thinking more attack dog like Trump, more passion like Bernie.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 200
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:25:39 AM

Dems need better candidates and a better message. I am thinking more attack dog like Trump, more passion like Bernie.

And they need better strategy. They gotta "retire" pelosi as a spokesperson for the Dems...she had her "day in the sun". This election showed that she is now more of a liability to the Dems than anything else.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader