Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > just      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CressB
Msg: 25
view profile
History
yes man!!!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^

Oops forgot the link:

https://youtu.be/wgSZA3NPpBs
 manreason30
Msg: 26
mirror
Posted: 4/16/2017 10:45:57 PM

(the vid) Yea that's kind of a trip.

Seems like they'd be tapping into "some other place", such that we'd accidentally literally create god.

if one were to perceive the mirror image of all the senses, specifically sight, and the cerebellum were to inverse all motor coordination(explain to me how to raise your left arm), an other would not be able to distinguish between one that does and one that does not operate on mirror images, whether they were themselves operating on mirrors or not
 manreason30
Msg: 27
mirror
Posted: 4/16/2017 11:05:53 PM
^(the math):

1 = 1^(-1)

messages this short may not be posted
yes man!!!
Posted: 4/17/2017 4:22:11 AM

If there is a universal quantum consciousness, what if they are making a machine that is tapping into our base consciousness stream?

My fuzzy understanding of all this is that it's not necessarily about literal multiple universes, but about how reality is a potential...always potentially in every state, but always not collapsed yet into something specific until we do what we do to collapse it. A scientific book I read once, wish I could remember which, was about biological process among other things, and described part of the metabolic process within the mitochondria as dipping down into the 'many possible universes or outcomes' and came out with whatever result which benefitted it - something like that (Johnjoe McFadden - Quantum Evolution?). I'm careful also about exactly how I think of consciousness and the quantum realm...I feel like there's something about it which connects us more to fundamental reality versus us being nothing more than an emergence via atomic/molecular arrangement and biological processes. I suspect that if the quantum 'weirdness' has a major hand in consciousness, with things at that level being weird in the ways that they are...I don't know, words escape me again. But I think that there's just something about how that works which quantum computing uses to give it a different kind of computing power, versus it actually tapping into some consciousness.

...lost again trying to think about this...
 gingerosity
Msg: 29
view profile
History
yes man!!!
Posted: 4/17/2017 6:45:04 AM

I'm careful also about exactly how I think of consciousness and the quantum realm...I feel like there's something about it which connects us more to fundamental reality versus us being nothing more than an emergence via atomic/molecular arrangement and biological processes.

Emergent or direct - does it really matter whether it is possible to approximately describe that part of our quantum reality with classical physics or not? As someone who could be said to have suffered from wave function PTSD in the past, I always hope for the sake of our AI descendents for as many classical shortcuts as we can get.

Anyway when I become president I will make the quanta pay for a wall on the edge of reality to keep them in their own eigenstate.
 manreason30
Msg: 30
yes man!!!
Posted: 4/20/2017 4:53:53 AM

^(the math):

1 = 1^(-1)

messages this short may not be posted

if all is one, it is also equal to its reciprocal or the inverse

https://www.amazon.com/DMT-Molecule-Revolutionary-Near-Death-Experiences-ebook/dp/B003N3U3J4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492688460&sr=8-1&keywords=dimethyltryptamine

mmm, yummy.

already read:

https://www.amazon.com/Psychedelic-Experience-Manual-Based-Tibetan-ebook/dp/B00XMQ78YK/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1492688794&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=psychdelic+experience

a few times, bardo thodol interpretation of a psychedelic experience; exotic.

anyone got any other reads?

maybe:

https://www.amazon.com/Psychedelic-Gospels-History-Hallucinogens-Christianity/dp/1620555026/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1492688986&sr=1-1&keywords=jesus+sacred+mushroom

or

https://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Mushroom-Cross-Christianity-fertility/dp/0982556276/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1492689049&sr=1-1
 manreason30
Msg: 31
yes man!!!
Posted: 4/26/2017 3:24:53 PM
once I visit a desert in Mexico, I'll be sure to retire this name and change it to: MangReason31
 manreason30
Msg: 32
yes man!!!
Posted: 5/9/2017 4:12:51 AM

1 = 1^(-1)

the universe (the all that is one) is equal to its mirror image,

1/a = a implies that a = 1, the only number that is equal to its inverse,

I'm surprised of the simplicity of this elegance, and its interpretations. I'll step away in bafflement now. Don't wanna blow any minds now.
 gingerosity
Msg: 33
view profile
History
yes man!!!
Posted: 5/9/2017 4:19:12 AM

1/a = a implies that a = 1, the only number that is equal to its inverse

1 or -1
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > just