Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Oprah Winfrey for President      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 26
Oprah Winfrey for PresidentPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
No childless single people for president.

See Europe.

And Trump is not running again.
 deetristate
Msg: 27
Oprah Winfrey for President
Posted: 1/8/2018 8:44:52 AM
Mark Cuban?

Is the country ready for a Jewish President?
 N2U16
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/8/2018 8:46:53 AM
Everything is a Political Calculation when it comes to Democrats and they’re worried about the Black American Vote. One of the reasons that Democrats can’t allow President Trump any Credit when he does something positive for the Country, especially minorities, is because it’s a Threat to their Political Power. The Democrat Establishment keeps putting Oprah out there to see how Black Americans will respond. Remember Gary Frazier on CNN when he was talking about Oprah in 2016?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4T_3zmEChA

Mr. Frazier wasn’t accepting the usual Democrat Manipulation so that Jewish woman in the middle had to shut him down. So Condescending but that’s a Democrat for you!
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/8/2018 10:33:27 AM
Thats a great video and is such a clear example of the Dem's callous attitude towards black voters.
Have the black man there but don't let him speak or totally ignore his opinion.

Too funny.

As for Mark Cuban he announced last fall if he were to run it would most likely be as a Republican.

As for Oprah while certainly someone to admire, just what are her political positions?
What will she run on;
Rolling back the tax cuts that have jump started the US economy and put extra money in working class pockets?
Perhaps taxing corporations back off the continent so that unemployment rises.
Or maybe opening up the boarder so that illegals flood across the southern border again lowering working class wages.
Sounds like a sound platform to me.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/8/2018 11:16:35 AM
It seems it was just wishful thinking on the Oprah running. She has said no worries...she's not running.
I think a lot of the public is craving for some sanity and someone that is not such an embarrassment.
What would she run on...you ask?
It's an open book following Trump...people will be glad to see him go.

Too bad...she would cinch the Black vote and the womans....I don't think there is another human that has done more on the
Blacks behalf...she has certainly paid it forward. No phoniness about her.

As for Mark Cuban...funny he supported Clinton against Trump isn't it?
Shows he is for policies and has some common sense... more than party.
I think the Republicans should start smooshing him but of course they wouldn't be able to lead him around by the nose...like Trump.
Might bring back some respect to the party.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/8/2018 11:42:49 AM

Msg: 30
I think the Republicans should start smooshing him but of course they wouldn't be able to lead him around by the nose...like Trump.
Might bring back some respect to the party.

After supporting craddle robber Roy Moore and "grab them by the meow meow" Comrade Trump, the Republican Party needs to go away.
 back_again4917
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2018 12:29:04 PM
Whisky, I had to chuckle when I read your post. I am assuming that autocorrect got you. I could be wrong but I think you meant to write that the Republicans should start schmoozing Mark Cuban.

What made me laugh was the thought that if the Republicans smooshed Trump and Schmoozed up to John Kasich and nominated him they would have easily smooshed Hillary Clinton. After all, during the second half of the primaries, pool after pool said Kasich would easily win the general between Kasich and Clinton. They also had John Kasich easily defeating Bernie Sanders in the general election.

My opinion about Opera as president? Even Hilleary would have been better than Trump and I cannot stand her. The Democrats would have to nominate someone worse suited than Trump to get me to vote to re elect him if he is still in office to run again. I consider myself a pretty staunch republican. Trump is not a President that represents me nor my ideals.

*************************************************************************************

After supporting craddle robber Roy Moore and "grab them by the meow meow" Comrade Trump, the Republican Party needs to go away.

That sir is a shortsighted / acrimonious statement that is symptomatic of the extreme partisanship that in my opinion is at the very roots of the majority of the problems with the Government and politics in the United States and elsewhere. We need to get back to a more balanced political spectrum. We need multiple parties with differing beliefs, agenda, and goals. There then needs to be common sense compromises rather than this current bickering and getting even just because my party is in power now so screw you.

One party doing things that they complained that the other party did when it was in power is still as wrong as when roles were reversed.

Just saying.
 gtomustang
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/8/2018 1:19:14 PM
If Oprah gets in, I'll bet she sends friends Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil to run some department. Anyone else lack faith in these two?

As for what she'll run on, let's see, Obama saved the auto industry while Romney would have let it die, the stock market broke a record 16K under Obama's alleged restrictions on government, and Chump's tax break for him and his rich friends will add to the debt--along with the cost of the wall, which will likely show up in the infrastructure plan, and some attempt to bail out coal, a 1920's energy source even China is leaving behind for the modern age. so whoever gets the Oval Office, has a pile of debt and probably Chump's attempted legacy of isolationism to overcome (And thus run on).

there will still be a racial divide. MeToo might lead to less of a gender divide, but how about a financial one? Will the middle class continue to disappear, as automation replaces jobs and pay fails to increase? We may end up returning to robber barons and Hoovervilles and little in between, if we don't watch it. And what about the social split between "rural values" and the "New York values" Ted Cruz accused his opponent of having on the campaign trail? Red states do not do as well financially as blue states, b/c red states rely predominantly on selling oil and coal and other raw materials driven by market prices. We still believe that "what plays in Peoria" represents America as a whole.

back again, I get your point about vindictiveness when one's party is not in power (like McConnell's stated goal to block everything Obama did). But, there's nothing wrong with pointing out when something obviously, blatantly bad is going on. Especially when even the president's party agrees :) Ronald Reagan himself wouldn't get elected by the Tea Party these days. The GOP is undergoing a crisis of definition. Though, lip service (claiming deficits are bad, then signing a tax plan that adds debt) doesn't help things.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/8/2018 1:27:51 PM

L2L: Msg: 31

Msg: 32
That sir is a shortsighted / acrimonious statement that is symptomatic of the extreme partisanship that in my opinion is at the very roots of the majority of the problems with the Government and politics in the United States and elsewhere. We need to get back to a more balanced political spectrum. We need multiple parties with differing beliefs, agenda, and goals. There then needs to be common sense compromises rather than this current bickering and getting even just because my party is in power now so screw you.

One party doing things that they complained that the other party did when it was in power is still as wrong as when roles were reversed.

As a moderate independent, I have no allegiance to Democrats or the Republican Party.

We need multiple parties with differing beliefs, agenda, and goals.

I agree.

There then needs to be common sense compromises rather than this current bickering and getting even just because my party is in power now so screw you.

Democrats and Republicans have been screwing their constituents for years. I guess you don't have a problem with the Republican Party supporting a craddle robber.

“If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told the orange kool-aid drinkers that Roy Moore is a pedophile, they would tell him, ‘Hold on a second, I need to check with the president if it’s true.”
 John252817
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/8/2018 3:36:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4T_3zmEChA

^^^^Msg 28, I have been saying that forever, how the liberal democrats have kept Blacks down forever. They will always say great things when there is an election and after that....poof!!! That my friends is real.
 kollata
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/8/2018 3:43:58 PM

^^^^Msg 28, I have been saying that forever, how the liberal democrats have kept Blacks down forever. They will always say great things when there is an election and after that....poof!!! That my friends is real.

Yea... its guys like Moore who has worked all of his life to help Blacks out (back to their slave routes), and Liberals like Sanders who have fought to keep them in chains . . . .ROFLMAO

I mean seriously.... where do you guys come from? Just because Trump lives in an alternate reality, does that mean those who stick their noses up his behind have to do so?
 John252817
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/8/2018 3:52:47 PM
I have already talked about my views on Moore, looks like you are ashamed of that video because it speaks volumes about the democrats. Sounds like you have a hard time accepting that. I would be ashamed also if I looked at Blacks like that....YIKES!!!
 kollata
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/8/2018 4:01:36 PM
^^^^ ashamed of what video...Trump speak by Trump's representatives? Here is the thing (1) I am an independent and (2) when it comes to the Black community... the Repubs care even less about the black community than the Dems...although to be fair...neither party seems to care all that much. I have said before and I will again... the Black Communities, if they want to thrive, are going to have to do it for themselves...nobody is going to be able to do it for them.... least wise Repubs or Conservatives...although I'm sure there is always an opening for Cannon Fodder in the US Army for those desperately looking for a job.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/8/2018 4:11:24 PM

I could be wrong but I think you meant to write that the Republicans should start schmoozing Mark Cuban.

Nope...I said it but looks like he's unavailable as well.

Trump is not a President that represents me nor my ideals.

Thatta Guy...see it's not so hard to admit that....shows common sense and you have principles.

As for clips showing one party trashing the other over Black suppression...here's another one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZW3Nva26ZM
 John252817
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/8/2018 4:13:44 PM
You are ashamed of the only video I posted.....YIKES!!!! Good one, Mr deflection. The Black gentleman in the video hit the nail on the head in regards to the democrats.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/8/2018 6:30:42 PM
Dear Democrats,
It is your civic duty to vote The Oprah in as your candidate for POTUS.

I implore you.

Even as you mock and disparage one TV personality as being unfit, you choose to nominate another since if Trump can win anyone can.

Right.

Please, please please. Nominate!

Can't wait to see the liberals crash and burn bigly and yuge in 2020. Not that it would take The Oprah to accomplish that anyway but it would sure guarantee a shoe in for Trump. That would be a perfect beginning for the new decade.

Once more. Please!!
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/8/2018 6:57:17 PM
"It is your civic duty to vote The Oprah in as your candidate for POTUS."

Between the Brownback and Trump experiments, I believe we've had enough experimentation. And I'm sure 99% of Democrats and 65% of independents don't wish to see another populist experiment.

"Can't wait to see the liberals crash and burn bigly and yuge in 2020."

It's good to see that conservatives have found a new language to entertain us with...ebonics v. Whitbonics??

The fact that conservatives are advocating someone from the Democrat fringe is evidence of the terror in their eyes, fearing anyone from mainstream Democrats. Should Biden decide to run, it would be a landslide.

But, I think Democrats should throw away 2020, because President Trump has set the stage, unfettered spending along with decimated receipts, portending an eminent depression or "deep recession" (republican speak for depression) that will be attributed to the next President. I would be willing to bet my next paycheck on that (in republican terms-a years salary for them).
 John252817
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/8/2018 8:47:05 PM
The democrats are in deep do-do as far as any potential 2020 candidate. They can thank the likes of pelosi and chucky and ellison and perez for that. Sorry to break it to you kids but look at those names and their "leadership" abilities and where they have taken the dems so far and looking like they will continue to do so....YIKES!!!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2018 1:44:37 AM
I don't think so. She's an American success story that would do more good outside of politics. She lives in a bubble to an extent, and is out of touch with the rest of the world.

Whiskey, Mark Cuban, that always has the expression of a possessed person, was acquitted of insider trading. It did sound like he was guilty, but he had the cash to win.
 from site to sight
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/9/2018 2:47:26 AM
The big question for Oprah, Mark Cuban, or any other super rich person who would think of running for president is:
Would any of them repeal Trump's new tax plan, that gives the super rich an additional tax break? If the answer is no, then they are no different than Trump, who is in it just for his own personal financial gain.
 deetristate
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/9/2018 3:00:38 AM
Cuban couldn't win. Americans will not elect a Jewish president. The Nazis you claim are controlling everything hate Jewish people more than blacks, right?

BUT Trump is not running again so Dems have a chance with a like-Biden but younger than Biden candidate.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2018 5:41:08 AM
Democrats need to quit with this Oprah stuff. Why? Because unless Oprah’s going to run for Congress in 2018, she isn’t needed yet. The only thing that should matter for Democrats over the next 11 months is cutting Trump off at the knees by retaking Congress. 2020 is a long ways into the future and a million things could happen between now and then, with one of them a certainty: the 2018 midterms. If they don’t win the Senate, then it might not matter who the presidential candidate is in 2020, as it might be too late to save the courts (especially the Supreme Court) from Trump’s disastrous alt-right makeover. So forget all this Oprah 2020 nonsense and concentrate on what’s right in front of you.

Interestingly, Oprah is originally from Mississippi, which is a 40% black state and has Roger Wicker running for re-election in 2018. Perhaps Oprah should consider re-establishing residency in her birth state and running for Wicker's seat -- she could ignite the kind of black turnout that Jones (by way of Moore) did in Alabama and possibly overwhelm Wicker's nearly 100% racist white vote. Then she'd have 2 years to prove herself politically and that she deserves to be a serious presidential candidate in 2020.

“I don't think so. She's an American success story that would do more good outside of politics. She lives in a bubble to an extent, and is out of touch with the rest of the world.”

And this is different from silver spoon billionaire Trump how...? The greatest trick he ever pulled was convincing the working class that he’s one of them. (Although to some extent that is true: despite his silver spoon upbringing, in all the finest neighborhoods, finest prep schools and finest colleges, the dude’s mentality and vocabulary is legitimately straight street. But there’s not really much question that his sentiments lie with his fellow titans of industry and he considers true working class people beneath him.)
 benartflick
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/9/2018 6:51:18 AM

"too late to save the courts ....from Trump’s disastrous alt-right makeover"

It was okay for Obama to fill the Federal Benches with some incompetent judges - right? You didn't or don't have a problem with that - right?

Here in Florida we have one of the worse judges possible. There was a valid petition to remove him from a lower bench when Obama appointed that moron to the Federal Courts. Sometimes race is all that matters - right?

No doubt discrimination is wrong. Appointing someone to a high position based solely on his race is wrong.

The Florida representatives that refused to okay that appointment were labeled racists and attacked by the media until they voted for that grossly incompetent fool.

You're not interested in reality or justice for all - are you?

I'm still bothered a great deal by what I witnessed on Grand Jury here in Florida. You could care less - right? Justice was NOT being served in the Federal Court located in Jacksonville, Florida, thanks, in part, to an Obama appointed judge.

If 100% true and accurate, how would you rate a judge who implies jail time for a juror for not voting for an indictment or even attempting to discuss an indictment with other jurors during deliberations? I doubt very much if Trump could appoint someone that bad.
 gtomustang
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/9/2018 6:52:34 AM
What segment of the population do political parties cater to the most? The population who represents the most at the polls. You vote, you get attention. That's why the GOP caters to the fringe and throws them red meat to stir them up off their asses. The Dems have to appeal to everyone else outside of that homogeneous group. I agree with Hawking, change comes from the legislative branch--even Chump said this week, can't have any Dems, they'll overturn the tax break for him and his friends. Take Congress, lame duck Chump rather than replace him with Pence, and do what they can with the pieces left over.

anyone the Dems front now, has a target on their back until 2020. The best choice is another one from the shadows no one's heard of.
 kollata
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/9/2018 7:37:55 AM
""""The Florida representatives that refused to okay that appointment were labeled racists and attacked by the media until they voted for that grossly incompetent fool. """

Pity, you are too ignorant to get the SENATE confirms Fed bench appointments, not the house. But a good story from a delusional man. If politicians against this appt., a little strange he was brought to obamas attention to begin with.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Oprah Winfrey for President