Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Oprah Winfrey for President      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 from site to sight
Msg: 51
Oprah Winfrey for PresidentPage 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Has Oprah ever talked about her political views in public, including what she thought of the presidential election, Trump, and his agendas? Has she ever led a rally to protest a government decision that she considers unjust-or joined a rally to support a candidate? If not, it doesn't sound like someone who is interested in being in politics in any capacity. She seems content to collect millions to interview celebrities and do the occasional feel-good story.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 52
Oprah Winfrey for President
Posted: 1/9/2018 8:11:38 AM
At least we can say that President Obama did not appoint anyone to federal court whom had never seen the inside of a courtroom before"

Poor Vetting Sinks Trump’s Nominees for Federal Judge

And before Petersen was this:

3 Trump Judicial Nominees Withdraw, Raising Some Questions About Vetting

Not to mention:

It took longer for the handwriting to become clear for Brett Talley, a 36-year-old Justice Department official, ghost hunter and believer in the paranormal.

Federal Judicial Nominee Who Has Never Tried A Case Advanced By Senate Committee
He was approved by the Judiciary Committee on a party-line vote in November, despite a rare and unanimous unqualified rating by the American Bar Association. But as his nomination sat waiting for a vote by the full Senate, news organizations reported that he had failed to disclose key information required for all nominees on his Senate questionnaire. Specifically, he failed to disclose thousands of controversial blog posts under a pseudonym, including one supporting the early Ku Klux Klan, and failed to disclose that he is married to the chief of staff for White House counsel McGahn.

How were Obama appointee's different from Trump appointee's?

While the Obama administration sent all its potential nominees to the American Bar Association for rating as to qualifications, the Trump administration has refused to do that prior to nomination. And at the Senate Judiciary Committee, where traditionally appeals court nominees were considered on their own at a hearing, they now are routinely considered with several other judicial nominees, and senators have to pick and choose who they will question in the five or ten minutes allotted.

The result is that the vetting process at both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue has become, as one Senate aide put it, an accident waiting to happen.

And how about that Middle Florida Federal Judge appointed by President Obama:

Biography
Judge Davis is a United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida. He was appointed by President Barack Obama on December 26, 2013. Prior to his appointment, Judge Davis served as a Circuit Court Judge for the Fourth Judicial Circuit of Florida having been appointed to that position by Governor Lawton Chiles in 1994. Before his service on the bench, Judge Davis practiced in the civil and criminal arenas: Mahoney, Hadlow and Adams (labor law); the State Attorney’s Office, serving as the first African American Chief Assistant (prosecution); and Brown, Terrell, Hogan, et al. (tort law).

Davis earned a Bachelor’s Degree from Princeton University, 1974, and in 1980, a juris doctorate from the University of Florida, serving on Law Review and receiving Moot Court and Appellate Advocacy honors. As an active member of BALSA, he served as a mentor and tutor to incoming students.

Davis served on the Florida Supreme Court's Governance Workgroup, Civil Jury Instruction, Children's Court Improvement, Treatment Based Drug Court Steering, and Trial Court Performance and Accountability Committees and the Florida Bar's Legal Needs of Children Commission. In 2002, the American Board of Trial Advocates honored him as Judge of the Year.

Davis volunteered with Leadership Jacksonville, NCCJ, Urban League, NAACP, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Jacksonville Community Council, Hubbard House, Help Center, Pace Center for Girls, OneJax and the Jaguars Foundation.

Davis chaired the Mayor's 1999 Domestic Violence Task Force causing significant changes in the treatment of domestic violence victims and cases within his community. He is an active supporter of Urban Scouting which brings scouting to children without cost. In 2002, Davis co-chaired JCCl's "Beyond the Talk: Improving Race Relations" study resulting in an annual race relations progress report for Jacksonville, and in 2012 co-chaired "Project Breakthrough" a community leadership initiative against racism. Davis, in 2008, helped establish Nassau County's Mental Health Court one of only ten in Florida, where he presided over a docket designed to provide rehabilitative services to the mentally ill in lieu of being incarcerated. He currently serves on the Community Foundation's Board, the Board of the Jacksonville Public Education Fund, and the Boy Scouts of America, North Florida Council’s Executive Council.

Post #48 is an exercise in expressing racism.
 kollata
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/9/2018 8:18:07 AM
^^^ Trump's intended appointment not only never tried a case before...but he had zero experience in litigation...never took a deposition, never argued a Motion, knew nothing about the Rules of Civil Procedure or the Rules of Evidence. To say pathetic is to malign the word.

I don't know whether Flick is a racist or not...but he is delusional and incredibly ignorant... that much is beyond dispute.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2018 8:23:53 AM
Hawking, he works/hires regular working class people. He does represent the rich too. The American people liked the idea that he has business savvy with $$$$, and of course we saw Hillary as 4 more years of Obama, and didn't want new supreme court justices to reflect democratic beliefs. A lot of people liked Obama because they thought he looked good in a suit, literally. If you recall, he started out his presidency with a lot of stammering when he spoke. Everyone looked past that. I look past Trump not being eloquent. It's not important to me, nor was it to other voters.

We want to sustain the middle class while democrats want to obliterate it. Democrats only want to represent the illegal aliens, those who don't want to work and the poor, but unlike Robin Hood, they don't want to take from the rich, they want to further drain the middle class. They're doing it in my state. A foreign woman was elected to congress that only wants to represent illegal aliens and immigrants. Instead of attending Trump's inaugeration, she was sitting in a circle having a chat session with them. WA state is soon to become a sh!thole.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/9/2018 8:52:28 AM
^^Oh Boy...are you naive about what Trump represents....it's not just about his lack of "eloquence"....rollseyes.
But I will let Hawkings respond..he is much more of an intellect than I am.
Most Trump voters will not listen to anything accept what he feeds you....so much proof of him being a shyster.

So you're happy to pay for a wall....I thought his promise was the Mexicans were paying?
How long do you think these supposed tax cuts will exist with his spending.?
How much more debt can your country take?

John252817
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/9/2018 9:00:55 AM
NewYorker, have you read and heard much about our "great" AG Ferguson? Just one of the biggest hypocrites in the state. Like I say, just one of the many. Then we have that "great" seattle city council, nutjobs!! Not sure about the new seattle mayor yet as she is new, after another nut job liberal mayor was forced to resign for his pedophile excursions. His $15/hr minimum wage is blowing up and now I see California is experiencing the same thing blowing up. Yup, liberal ideas and liberal hypocrisy....YIKES!!!
 benartflick
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/9/2018 9:08:50 AM
Toocash, are you suggesting Marco Rubio isn't a representative?

"a little strange he was brought to obamas attention to begin with"

You honestly think it's strange that a black judge in Florida was brought to Obama's attention?

I wish it was just "a good story from a delusional man." Unlike you, obviously, I'm bothered by what happened in Jacksonville. I'd risk going to prison if someone like Oprah was willing to expose those corrupt and incompetent so-called public servants in that courthouse.

"Post #48 is an exercise in expressing racism."

Well, ya got the easy part done. Unless you're just another troll, care to back up your idiotic insult with what YOU considered racism in my post? If what I wrote was true and accurate, would YOU still consider it racism?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/9/2018 9:41:24 AM

There was a valid petition to remove him from a lower bench when Obama appointed that moron to the Federal Courts.

You're serious, aren't you:

Sign this petition to impeach Judge Brian J. Davis of Nassau County, 4th Circuit Court, Florida.

We have suffered ourselves, our children and families have suffered innocently, or we sympathize with the grave injustice, partiality, prejudice, and bias dispensed by Judge Davis in divorce court. Judge Davis' reputation in divorce court has proven that he does not follow State Statutes pertaining to protective injunctions, child custody, visitation, alimony, and child support, he does not follow the rules of judicial procedure and timeliness, he overwhelmingly favors one party regardless of evidence and expert testimony, and he does not submit to appellate remands. Specific and well documented personal accounts outlining these grievances against Judge Davis are posted on the internet at: http://sites.google.com/site/advocatesforciviljustice/personal-accounts/psdavis. Such personal accounts prove the grave miscarriages of justice and dismissal of inalieanble civil rights.

Snicker...chuckle...

The Florida representatives that refused to okay that appointment were labeled racists and attacked by the media until they voted for that grossly incompetent fool.

The Florida Senator's voted for Judge Davis because:

But Grassley and Rubio both withdrew their opposition a few months ago and voted for him on Friday. This occurred after Davis wrote a letter to Grassley apologizing for his comments and agreeing they were inappropriate.

I doubt very much if Trump could appoint someone that bad.

Really? tRump appointed 5 with absolutely no trial experience, 4 of whom withdrew their nomination upon questioning by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Back to Judge Davis:

Davis was ranked as unanimously well-qualified by the nonpartisian American Bar Association. It is the highest ranking given for prospective judges.

Carl Tobias, a professor at the University of Richmond School of Law who studies federal judicial appointments, said there was never any doubt that Davis was qualified.

Judge Donald Moran, chief judge of Florida’s 4th Judicial Circuit that covers Nassau, Clay and Duval counties, said Davis was an excellent pick for the federal bench.

“He’s been a real asset here and he’ll be a good federal judge,” Moran said.

With 20 years of experience on the bench, Davis has more experience than most people who become federal judges, Moran said.

“He’s been prosecutor, a civil practitioner and a civil court judge,” Moran said. “There really isn’t much that he hasn’t seen.”

Davis became former State Attorney Harry Shorstein’s top deputy in 1991, making him the first minority to hold that job. He became a judge in 1994.

“He’s an extraordinary man,” Shorstein said Friday. “The epitome of an honest and intelligent lawyer.”
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-12-20/story/nassau-judge-davis-confirmed-federal-bench

I think the reason I've called you out on your racism is because of this comment (along with your other inaccurate comments:

Appointing someone to a high position based solely on his race is wrong.

Judge Davis was a highly qualified appointee. But, the 5 white tRump appointee's, who had never set foot in court, were not qualified....
 chameleonf
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/9/2018 9:41:49 AM
Oprah - came from a poor background - she has first hand knowledge of what that means and what it truly means to be "working class".
Trump - although he worked "around" construction growing up, he was never part of the working class in the true sense of the word.
Oprah - is a billionaire who became so on her own abilities. Granted, being in the right place at the right time also played into it, but she took on the challenges and didn't give up.
Trump - is a billionaire who had a major jump start by being handed millions of dollars by his father https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-first-presidential-debate/fact-check-how-much-help-did-trumps-father-give-his-son/?utm_term=.1a877c414676
Oprah - won, on her on abilities, a full scholarship to attend University
Trump - although he likes to boast of Wharton, didn't even finish his courses - whether or not he was bought a placement is debatable or what his marks were growing up is largely unclear
Oprah - strives to learn new things and is a voracious reader
Trump - is reported to not read and thinks he knows everything by virtue of being a self-proclaimed genius
Oprah - is diplomatic
Trump - is anything but
Oprah - is philanthropic
Trump - pretends to be to the point of using donations to line his own pockets
Oprah - knows what it's like to have been abused
Trump - is a misogynistic abuser (by many accounts)
etc. etc.

I too, would think that it would be beneficial, if not crucial, for Oprah to enter the political arena at a lower level before throwing her hat into the ring to even run for POTUS; however, when making comparisons, if she were not to obtain prior political experience, she would have vastly more ability to learn on the job than the dumb dumb filling the job now, who still doesn't display that he has knowledge of how a bill becomes a law or the purpose of various governmental agencies, or even his own job duties.

v If you'd like to concern yourself more with Trudeau, go start a thread about him. This one isn't about him, nor are the Trump ones where the same sort of comment is made.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2018 9:44:23 AM
Whiskey, I'd more concern myself with your PM. What do you think of him, Mr. Selfie? I hear people in Canada are saying this is what we get for voting for someone based on good hair☺

John, I forgot we're in the same state. And now there's the soda tax grab. They're making believe they're helping people with it, LOL. If they feel that way about sugar, why don't they outlaw tobacco while they're at it. People have a right to make their own choices.
 kollata
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/9/2018 10:19:10 AM

If what I wrote was true and accurate

That is your problem.... I used to believe you were a pathological liar, but I believe it goes deeper....to your inability to distinguish between reality and your alternative universe.

For example...your Grand Jury experience...you have given us enough information that I know exactly why the Judge had a contempt hearing based on your actions...but you go on believing this fantasy about how the Court wasted a day of its time having a contempt hearing because you did not vote the way the Prosecutor wanted.

You go on believing its okay to hit somebody in the head with a baseball bat because they owed you five dollars.

You go on believing that caucasians who are "beaten" by the police three times before they are nineteen are totally innocent victims of police brutality simply because that person refused to tell the police where a beer party was located.

Maybe medication will help? Can't hurt to try.
 kollata
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/9/2018 10:29:06 AM

Here in Florida we have one of the worse judges possible.

What the fuk does an idiot know about what makes a judge competent?

There was a valid petition to remove him from a lower bench when Obama appointed that moron to the Federal Courts. Sometimes race is all that matters - right?

A valid petition? as opposed to an "invalid petition"... because everybody knows all you need to remove a Federal Judge, or a State Judge for that matter....is a "valid petition". LOL

You're not interested in reality or justice for all - are you?

Of course I am for Justice...in your case...justice might entail your being Baker Acted.\

Justice was NOT being served in the Federal Court located in Jacksonville, Florida

Yep, I can see why you would feel that way given you had a contempt trial.....I'm pretty sure that anybody who had to go through that would not be happy.... on the other hand, anybody who goes through that brought it upon themselves.

There was a valid petition to remove him from a lower bench when Obama appointed that moron to the Federal Courts. Sometimes race is all that matters - right?

The nomination of Circuit Judge Brian Davis of Nassau County to a seat on the federal bench took a major step forward Wednesday when U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio announced he would withdraw his hold on the nomination.

Davis was appointed by President Barack Obama to a judgeship for the Middle District of Florida in February 2012 but has not gotten a confirmation vote in the Senate. Rubio originally supported Davis, and he and Florida’s other senator, Bill Nelson, introduced Davis at his confirmation hearing.

But the Republican senator withdrew his support last year when U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, announced he was opposed to confirming Davis. At the time, Rubio aides said the nomination was being reviewed due to the concerns of other senators.

Wednesday spokeswoman Brooke Sammon said the review was complete and the senator was supporting Davis again.

“After thoroughly reviewing the objections to Judge Davis by Republicans on the Judiciary Committee, Senator Rubio has determined that Davis has adequately addressed these concerns, particularity in a letter sent to him on Friday.” Sammon said.

Dan McLauglin, spokesman for Nelson, said Davis could now get a confirmation vote within the next month. He estimated it would take about three weeks to get the nomination to the Senate floor for a vote, and anything could happen after that.

Senate tradition allows home state senators to place holds on nominees if they don’t want a vote to go forward. Those holds are almost always honored, said Carl Tobias, a professor at the University of Richmond School of Law who studies federal judicial appointments.

Grassley has said his opposition is based on several comments Davis, who is black, made in the 1990s on racial issues.

In a 1994 speech Davis suggested Joycelyn Elders was forced to resign as U.S. surgeon general because she is black. In a 1995 speech he suggested that Henry W. Foster Jr. was filibustered as Elders’ successor because he was black.

Grassley said Davis is “viewing the world through a lens that I think is inappropriate and unacceptable for a federal court judge.”

In his letter to Rubio, dated Sept. 12, Davis said the specific language he used in those speeches was not appropriate.

“I apologize for any inappropriate statements and deeply recognize the harm that they could cause if they gave the misimpression that I am anything other than impartial or that I maintain any bias or prejudice,” Davis said in his letter.

Tobias said Davis should be easily confirmed now that Rubio is supporting him.

“He’s a very qualified judge and I think he’ll receive a confirmation vote fairly soon,” Tobias said.

Rubio got a lot of heat from people who thought he was wrong to hold up the nomination, so it’s not surprising that Rubio eventually decided to support the nomination again, he said.

Davis has been a judge for 19 years.
 from site to sight
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/9/2018 1:14:49 PM
The Dems should try to convince Bill Clinton to come out of retirement and run for president again. Trump has paved the way to successfully win the presidency while being accused by multiple women of sexual assault and infidelity. All he would have to do is claim every report of sexual assault and infidelity is fake news, call the women liars, threaten to sue them, and ignore protests by women's groups. It has worked like a charm for Trump. He is still worshiped like a God.

The Trumpsters might mot even care if any of the allegations were proven to be true. They would just say it's the American way to make America great again. If Trump can claim he could stand in the middle of 5th Ave. in NYC, shoot somebody, and not lose any voters, why would any of his cult following care about the occasional sexual assault? Trump even has female supporters, which means they see nothing wrong with that kind of behavior-as long as it MAGA.
 benartflick
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/9/2018 1:21:32 PM
As usual, toocash, you're incapable of answering a simple question. Afraid? Toostupid?

"you have given us enough information that I know exactly why the Judge had a contempt hearing based on your actions"

You don't have ANY firsthand knowledge of what went on in that courthouse. You assume stuff that NEVER happened. What's sad is what I shared isn't that unusual to many Americans.

How many times do I have to write that I WASN'T charged with contempt? The judge threatened me with contempt if there's another compliant. I didn't do ANYTHING remotely improper. I said to the jury foreperson, in an elevator, we weren't doing our job. That's it! You actually believe that justifies a trial and a juror's removal?

"I think the reason I've called you out on your racism is because of this comment (along with your other inaccurate comments: Appointing someone to a high position based solely on his race is wrong."

I read what people wrote on that petition and found out firsthand it was true and accurate. The guy shouldn't be a judge. His race has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion. You base your OPINION on what you read. You have NO FIRSTHAND knowledge whatsoever. You never met the guy. I did!

What inaccurate comments? Are all the comments about Trump being a moron inaccurate? There's absolutely no doubt Trump is a lot smarter than Davis and certainly has more common sense. I'm NOT a Trump fan. Davis is the dumbest judge I've ever observed. Dumber than Seymour Hendel and Ruth Bader, by far.

You're suggesting Davis's race didn't have much to do with his appointment? You gotta know there was a petition. Didya bother to read the complaints? Do you usually rely solely on political rhetoric and ignore firsthand experiences? Ya think I was lying about Davis? Why would I make up stuff like that?

Do YOU think its okay for a judge to threaten a juror with prison if he doesn't vote for an indictment? Let's assume the judge is going to have another costly trial, but he tells the juror if he receives another complaint, he will hold him in contempt.

The juror tells the judge, "If I understand you correctly, you're going to throw me in prison if I refused to vote for an indictment or if I try to discuss an indictment with other jurors. If so, ya gotta excuse me from jury duty. I can't do my job. It's a waste of tax dollars."

Let's assume the judge just sat there for several minutes and then excused the juror and told him he would be held in contempt if he told anyone what went on in his courtroom.

Again, let's make believe its all true. Good judge or incompetent fool? Toocash thinks that's the way it should be. I don't! Care to share your thoughts? Justice?

Can you even guess why a judge considers the trial of a juror for saying "We're not doing our job" to another juror confidential? Top secret? I could be held in contempt if I went to the media. I want to! We suppose to have freedom of the press - for good reasons. Can't you guess why? Perhaps it's to help put an end to what I witnessed on jury duty.

Justice was NOT being served and a lot of Americans suffered (I'm NOT one of them). If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have voted for a lot of those indictments and I certainly would've raised Hell. Until the last two weeks, I rarely asked questions and was in hurry to beat the Jacksonville traffic, like all the other jurors. We didn't do our jobs.

Davis IS a grossly incompetent judge. No doubt in my mind. Again, his race has nothing to do with my opinion.
 kollata
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/9/2018 1:50:00 PM

How many times do I have to write that I WASN'T charged with contempt? The judge threatened me with contempt if there's another compliant. I didn't do ANYTHING remotely improper. I said to the jury foreperson, in an elevator, we weren't doing our job. That's it! You actually believe that justifies a trial and a juror's removal?

You know Flick... I don't know if you are actually that grossly ignorant or are just playing dumb... but you have admitted five times to Sunday the Judge had a five hour "hearing" and appointed an attorney to represent you. This is an irrefutable fact based on your repeated admissions of this being what happened. That being the case....THE ONLY POSSIBLE REASON FOR A HEARING was to see if you should be held in Contempt of Court....there is no other reason...Why do Judges hold people in Contempt of Court? FOR VIOLATING COURT ORDERS. If you were merely an obnoxious prick interfering with the panel.. there would have been no hearing...you would have simply been dismissed by the Judge who would have had the absolute right to do so....but instead he had a HAD A HEARING...which makes you more than just an obnoxious prick, but makes you an ahole who violated your oath to the Jury and to the Court and the Country.....So Fuk you and your attempt to put this off on your not voting the way the Prosecutor told you to vote, or your offhand comment to another Juror. YOU ARE AN AHOLE who believes yourself above the law, with the right to ignore a Court Order if you choose to do so.

You never met the guy. I did!

So an IDIOT met the guy...and that means your opinion about his competence is worth more than a quart of your own urine?

Davis is the dumbest judge I've ever observed. Dumber than Seymour Hendel and Ruth Bader, by far.

See the above idiot comment.

Let's assume the judge just sat there for several minutes and then excused the juror and told him he would be held in contempt if he told anyone what went on in his courtroom.

Lets assume you are the IDIOT you have over and over proven yourself to be... I will help you out here...Grand Jury proceedings are confidential... that means you can't talk about witnesses, testimony, what you heard, what or how you decided....that has zero to do with your right to claim this Federal Judge is incompetent and had no right to threaten you in the manner he did. Have at it. don't hide behind the excuse you are not able to....go to the Papers, complaint to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal, complain to your Congressman...call the newspapers... Here you go Flick...have fun: Under the Judicial Conduct and Disability Act and the Rules for Judicial-Conduct and Judicial-Disability Proceedings, anyone can file a complaint alleging a federal judge has committed misconduct or has a disability.

The Judicial Conduct and Disability Act of 1980, 28 U.S.C. §§ 351-364 (link is external) establishes a process by which any person can file a complaint alleging a federal judge has engaged in “conduct prejudicial to the effective and expeditious administration of the business of the courts” or has become, by reason of a mental or physical disability, “unable to discharge all the duties” of the judicial office.

The Rules for Judicial-Conduct and Judicial-Disability Proceedings, as amended on September 17, 2015, provide mandatory and nationally uniform provisions governing the substantive and procedural aspects of misconduct and disability proceedings under the Judicial Conduct and Disability Act.

The judicial conduct and disability review process cannot be used to challenge the correctness of a judge’s decision in a case. A judicial decision that is unfavorable to a litigant does not alone establish misconduct or a disability. An attorney can explain any rights you have as a litigant to seek review of a judicial decision.

For more information, please visit the following links:

Frequently Asked Questions about filing a judicial conduct or disability complaint against a federal judge
Graphical Overview of the process for filing a judicial conduct or disability complaint against a federal judge

Davis IS a grossly incompetent judge. No doubt in my mind. Again, his race has nothing to do with my opinion

Actually, since you are far to dumb and ignorant to judge the man's competence based on his merit, the only reason you can feel as you do is because he is black and you are a racist. I believe Irish got you pegged correctly.
 gtomustang
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/9/2018 2:57:39 PM
Golly, Profa Johnny got the boot? Yikes!

"Chump hires working class people"

>>>he also has a history of failing to pay them, and hiring immigrants for Mar-a-Lago. Americans who thought he had business savvy, forgot he started with an inheritance and turned it into bankrupcy. It was New York real estate, after all, a few people made money just by opening the front door of a new location. I understand, some people do want Republican judges, but to think the Dems want to kill the middle class is to ignore, Obama saved the auto industry and all the middle class, union pay jobs, while the GOP wanted to let Detroit die and petition to vote out the unions that save jobs...to help big business.

meanwhile, Chump continues to do what he does...sows confusion rather than show leadership. He's like the boss in the comic strip Dilbert, swooping in to drop "ideas" and then runs away so employees can try to figure out WTF.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-contradicts-self-repeatedly-in-immigration-meeting/ar-BBIaLNv?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
 benartflick
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/9/2018 3:16:45 PM
Toocash, I keep forgetting you're just a troll. I've been warned several times about you. They're all right. Shame on me for responding to your mindless troll attacks - I should know better.

I still wonder if you're serious. If so, you gotta be insane and extremely stupid.

You have a problem comprehending a simple sentence, yet you remember your absurd interpretations. I give you credit for attempting to read what you're responding to.

At times I think you're deliberately harassing and slandering other members for personal reasons.

In case you might be retarded, I'll try to be nice and attempt to clarify - again.

Apparently I upset our jury foreperson and she notified the head prosecutor. She testified that my words, "We're not doing our job", sent a chill down her spine and made her quite ill.

She was removed from jury duty after my trial. I was EXCUSED from jury duty by my request. Do you doubt that? Ya wanna bet? I'll give you 20 to 1 odds and I will cover ANY wager. My proof will be a letter from Judge Davis. Put up or shut up!

The judge was going to appoint an attorney (tax payer's expense) and was going to waste tax dollars on another absurd trial. To this date, I have no idea what I did that was supposed to be improper.

Try to understand, you ignorant SOB, I DIDN'T do anything improper. Zilch!

Again, ya wanna bet? I'll give you odds. I have the emails of 22 jurors. I'm confident you and I can meet with a few if ya got some money to lose. Ya can't win.

Unlike you, I'm NOT an insane troll who has a problem with getting along with people.

I'm not a kissazz. If someone is rude and disrespectful to me, I don't turn the other cheek, unless it's a judge with power to toss me into jail for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Day one the prosecutor made a mistake of pointing his finger at me and asking me questions. I'm NOT a mindless gullible fool like you appear to be. He couldn't get me to agree that a coin flip was probable cause. That's ridiculous!

I also disagreed with him about the written law pertaining to using a gun while committing a crime. The jury foreperson agreed with him. I KNOW I'm right. Unlike you, I can read. I looked up the law after the discussion. It's clear and simple. My guess you agree with the prosecutor. Failure to say you agree with me means you do AGREE with him.

He told us if someone sold drugs at the door to his living room and had an unloaded gun in a safe in the bedroom - that can be considered as using a gun while committing a crime.

I disagreed with him when he asked for my opinion. I shouldn't have confronted him a week later after I looked up the law. That might have a lot to do with him wanting me off his jury.

There's one other remote possibility. If the following video had anything to do with getting me removed, it might be justifiable. I gotta admit that, but it was just a coincidence. I posted it on youtube a month prior to my trial.

It was somewhat similar to a few of our indictments. Again, an adult saying she was 14 was just a coincidence. If it wasn't, I could have been in serious trouble if the prosecutor thought that video was based on one of our cases. It wasn't!

https://youtu.be/CbANfk42gkU
 kollata
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/9/2018 3:31:26 PM

She was removed from jury duty after my trial. I was EXCUSED from jury duty by my request. Do you doubt that? Ya wanna bet? I'll give you 20 to 1 odds and I will cover ANY wager. My proof will be a letter from Judge Davis. Put up or shut up!

That's like saying I quit before I was fired. Flick...you were gone no matter what... not sure why you don't get that. You think the Judge could or would allow you to remain on the panel after you fuked up so badly that he had a hearing on whether you should be held in contempt and sanction...criminally or civilly? No way...No day. But if it makes you feel better to believe that you were dismissed voluntarily rather than by Court Order....you go on believing that clap-trap.

To this date, I have no idea what I did that was supposed to be improper.

Try to understand, you ignorant SOB, I DIDN'T do anything improper. Zilch!

The only person here who believes that lie is YOU.

Again, ya wanna bet? I'll give you odds. I have the emails of 22 jurors. I'm confident you and I can meet with a few if ya got some money to lose. Ya can't win

ROFLMAO

I also disagreed with him about the written law pertaining to using a gun while committing a crime. The jury foreperson agreed with him. I KNOW I'm right.

Like I said...you are fuking ahole who actually thinks he knows more about Federal Criminal Law than a Federal Prosecutor who has trained in the field for years.. and is going to argue with the prosecutor about what the law means. Too funny. And by the way ahole...jurors don't decide what the law is... the law is as instructed to them... END OF STORY.

I shouldn't have confronted him a week later after I looked up the law.

In direct violation of a Court Order I am sure... like I said....you are flaming AHOLE. You get to decide what is right or wrong... Fuk the system according to you.

There's one other remote possibility. If the following video had anything to do with getting me removed, it might be justifiable. I gotta admit that, but it was just a coincidence. I posted it on youtube a month prior to my trial.

Fuk you. You know exactly why you got in trouble... that's what the hearing was all about. The only issue is whether the Judge was going to sanction you or not. He likely decided you were stupid and a loser so decided to just get rid of you rather than hold you in contempt (unless you were in fact held in contempt)

To those of us who know even a little about the system, you implicate yourself over and over with your own words. You are just too dumb to see it. You want others to buy into your alternate reality. Ain't going to happen. I'm not the most popular guy on this board but I have yet to see anybody come to your defense about anything. Maybe that's because they see in you exactly what I see.
 KJ521
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/9/2018 3:32:11 PM
Trump vs. Oprah 2020

Oprah's TV fame....giving away free cars

Trump's TV fame....challenging and encouraging competion for a great job

***Pretty much sums up the difference between Democrats & Republicans. :D
 kollata
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/9/2018 3:34:36 PM
^^^^ Oprah is just as unqualified as Trump... but at least she has class and dignity..

In the end... maybe Trump's dismal Presidency will teach the country that experience really does matter.
 gtomustang
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/9/2018 4:07:21 PM
Omarosa Manigault might tell everyone in her book that the free car was much better.

Still, Oprah's food line might beat Chump steaks.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/9/2018 5:27:48 PM

Trump vs. Oprah 2020

Oprah's TV fame....giving away free cars

Trump's TV fame....challenging and encouraging competion for a great job

***Pretty much sums up the difference between Democrats & Republicans. :D

Once again Kj you have so beautifully and succinctly summed up the entire debate.

Brilliant!

I wil futilely try to add to your HOF post.
Firstly - reports are Oprah is not running.
Secondly - if President Trump pulls off immigration reform (which looks possible after his brilliant meeting today) nobody will beat him in 2020.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/9/2018 6:42:51 PM
What Oprah should do (given her fame & engaging personality); is to work on getting Dems elected back to congress in 2018 by "stumping" for them in Southern states.......................this could make her the Democratic version of Bannon (in a positive way) and put her in a "power broker" situation if she is effective..............and this could be the spring board she needs for a potential run in 2020.

But to simply "draft" Oprah to run based on her reputation stemming from Television fame is not what the Dems should be looking for in a candidate. Would she be a better quality POTUS than Trump?????....without a doubt, but this is a big gamble for the Dems...who have historically relied on fronting intellectual and competent candidates.

An Oprah candidacy will be viewed as "My TV/ Billionaire....is better than your TV/Billionaire" contest.
The Dems should put emphasis on policy and highlight the importance of restoring competence in the WH...by showing that by having this Lying Buffoon is not healthy for anybody except for the mega-rich....who will benefit bigly from his tax overhaul many years after he is gone.

Thus, the biggest hurdle for the Dems is to gain seats in the Midterms.....but the good news is that Tom Steyer has fronted $ 30 million of his own money towards that endeavor...and this is only one person............Oprah needs to get on the road, and help get women & pple of color out to vote; and donate a few bucks herself.

if President Trump pulls off immigration reform (which looks possible after his brilliant meeting today)

the dems will never consent to build the wall Trump wants......and trump knows it
So the question really is.....does the GOP want a gov't shut down?
Which is what I personally hope will happen.............for obvious reasons
 deetristate
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/10/2018 2:52:44 AM
A government shut down would be great.

It can drain the swamp - including of some pseudo Republicans. A Democrat ( not a leftist) couldn't be any worse.

Trump actually thinks that it could be a good idea so it will not hurt him personally, contrary to intentions and desires of leftists.

Why codify DACA?

It will just encourage more illegal immigration * which for some reason leftists (particularly childless, single ones ( ON TOPIC- SEE OPRAH) ) love.

A California federal judge in San Francisco (Surprise? No. Forum shopping by leftists again. Conservatives should take lessons on that) ruled that Trump could not end the DACA program.

And if I am in a foreign country, based on that ruling, I am heading to the USA with my minor child TODAY because I know that the saps in the USA will let me stay eventually.

The judge said that it was a hardship.

Well, remember that woman on the news caught on camera who took her kid to a store and stuck stolen goods in the kid's clothes? That kid should be allowed to keep the merchandise, according to leftist logic, because otherwise it will be a hardship.

Just saying "Oh, well, they are here now" is just encouraging more illegal behavior.

It is not our job to take in the down trodden of the world (no matter what a gift from France says) anymore than it is your job to let the homeless and hungry live in your home, apartment or retirement facility room.
Or are you doing that now, leftists?
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/10/2018 4:15:27 AM

the dems will never consent to build the wall Trump wants......and trump knows it
So the question really is.....does the GOP want a gov't shut down?
Which is what I personally hope will happen.............for obvious reasons

Were you not watching yesterday.
President Trump was brilliant and the meeting was exceptional.
Both sides were put on the record as to what they want in the immigration deal.
President Trump promised that compromise is available.

Remember when the Dems (Pelosi and Schumer) backed out of a meeting last year and the optics of their empty seats?
That did not happen this time.
Why do you think the Dems took their seats this time and not last time?
This was a President Trump the deal maker master stroke.

There is no reason for both sides not to win.
The DEMS will get a form of DACA and the Repubs will get a form of the Wall.

Will Dems shut the Gov down over a wall?
Dems want DACA President Trump said no problem lets do a deal in fact we will give it to you first but then we want this.
So the deal is there but will the party of resistance stand in the way and stop DACA and border security?
This is the first time we have seen the process of one of these meetings.
Goodbye Wolf book!
Goodbye Bannon story!
The winner yesterday was first the American people and secondly President Trump who was in total control.
The deal still has to be closed but now the process has started in this public meeting and both sides are on record.

Happy DACA Day!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Oprah Winfrey for President