Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Oprah Winfrey for President      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kollata
Msg: 101
Oprah Winfrey for PresidentPage 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Essentially why bother having juries? The prosecutors and judges know the law. They wouldn't be prosecuting innocent Americans without just cause - right?

Maybe you don't realize this Flick, but a Grand Jury is not the place to try a case. In fact, the defense isn't even there. You see this is the way it works... a Grand Jury determines, more likely or not, given the facts and law presented to it by a prosecutor...whether a crime was likely committed. Its not the job of an ahole grand juror to decide whether he agrees with the law....you shouldn't be there if that is how you feel. You took an oath and swore to do your job and then refused to do it.

If an indictment is handed down... the defendant has every right to defend himself...claim the guns aren't his, the drugs weren't his.. didn't even know they were there.

The Jury then gets to decide whether the crime was proven beyond a reasonable doubt at trial. It can find Guilty...Not guilty... etc. It never finds innocent.

Sometimes Jurors even acquit because they don't agree with the law. Maybe they think its okay to have drug dealers with guns locked in safes in the next room...who knows....so when they acquit regardless of the facts and the law...its called Jury Nullification. Usually only used by Juries when they simply don't agree with the prosecution...for example...Dr. Kevorkian...(death) being acquitted several times.

See Flick... I am educating you. Hope you appreciate it.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 102
Oprah Winfrey for President
Posted: 1/11/2018 3:12:31 PM
What about

You.

Now.

You.

Ever.

As of this minute, my only rescued living thing in my house is my dog, which I drove 12 hours each way to rescue. Most recent assist was helping a friend in NH provide winter clothes to 250 kids in an institution. Every Quaker Meeting I've ever belonged to that had its own building has had one or two permanent homeless families living in their rec rooms. In NYC, they ran a homeless shelter, and you signed up for night duty as many nights as you could spare. In my adult life, I've brought home hitchhikers, and found them homes, worked as an aid in a nursing home, done in-home care, and hospice. A dozen years ago (not very very very long ago) I inadvertently became Julie Twelve Cats. My last died four years ago. Since I've become home-bound, I've been glad so many many of my friends are rescuers, because I'm able to help through them.

When my mother died in 1999, my brothers were clearing the house. They had a huge dumpster type cart in the driveway. On the day of the yard sale, a group of men stopped by to ask if they could have the furniture in the dumpster, as they were settling in some of the first Kosovo refugees to arrive in Utah. My brothers pulled everything out the men wanted, and helped them load their trucks, and got addresses where we could bring more things. Everyone chipped in and went to K-Mart to get more bedding.

While der turnip was signing executive orders to turn around emigres, friends were meeting them at NOVA airports and spiriting them to safe houses. Calls were put out to provide bodies (show up) for protection. As I said, this is what humans do.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
 chameleonf
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/11/2018 3:46:48 PM
^ You need to be cloned. You're a fine fine person, Ms. Wooby!!
 kollata
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/11/2018 4:10:04 PM
I do congratulate ms wooby with a few caveats. The days of taking hitchhikers and the homeless to your home should be over due to the risks. It's not worth it, especially with the homeless who are often mentally ill and unstable. Helping as you can without putting your family or self at risk is a good thing of course, and anybody who has the time should do a little at least, to help others. Me, I am a nemesis of banks who like to foreclose....amomong other things. Anybody who can should help put in time at places like food pantries, etc.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 5:34:27 PM
Kollata, it's a shame you're wasting your time battling with a nice person, instead of some of the dirtbags here. Dee is a kind and generous person. You do know that you can be more giving by taking care of yourself, then you have more to help others. Have you made any donations to anything?
 kollata
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/11/2018 5:46:10 PM
"""Dee is a kind and generous person"""

I obviously see a person you do not see.

"""You do know that you can be more giving by taking care of yourself, then you have more to help others"""

What does this mean?

"""Have you made any donations to anything?"""

Charity..of course. Donation of significant amounts of my time is more important and helpful though.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 5:52:55 PM
Gosh, I have no idea how Oprah would run our country. I don't know her platform, I don't know her abilities to think under pressure, and I have no idea what or who she would stand for.

Yet, I'd rather see her and her team... Whoever they might be , running our country over the poor excuse for POTUS we now have. Both Trumps policies and disdain for truth telling are becoming tiring to me. This in turn makes Oprah, or for that matter anyone with integrity and half a brain very appealing.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 6:27:11 PM
Kollata, I guess I do see a different person. I know Dee donated during the hurricanes in TX and FL.

Taking care of yourself to do well in life positions a person to help others monetarily. You can liken it to flying with a child. The accompanying adult is told to put on their face mask first in an emergency. If the person didn't do that to take care of themselves, they can't help their child or anyone else.

Time is a great donation on your part, it doesn't have to be money.
 whosmeow
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/11/2018 6:33:36 PM
I certainly do wonder what America will be like in three years. Small steps amount to big changes. I just don't see American's collectively electing a future president without political experience again.
 LGL1975
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 6:43:51 PM
Oprah would lose.

Nominating a black woman gains nothing because all the people upset by Trump's racism are going to vote for the "anyone but Trump" candidate anyway.

The way to beat Trump is pick a candidate who can win over the middle. So not an obnoxious black celebrity who hates white people.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2018 9:36:36 PM
I think this video would hurt her chances, LOL! It sounds pretty bad. Southern whites have to die:

https://youtu.be/-1sWsn1Q8lk

Whisky_River
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/12/2018 6:31:17 AM
^^I think you need to listen to that again.....your comprehension is wrong about what she is saying.
Because it's true.

Although, I agree she is a waaay better person than Trump is...almost anybody is.
She is not running....this is an old thread that DB started...
Miss his rationalty here.

@Wooby...You should be proud to be who you are....when people sit on their hands and say nothing is how/why we end up with a man like Trump as President.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/12/2018 7:23:08 AM
^^^
how/why we end up with a man like Trump as President.

What's this 'we' business? You live in Canada. Just sayin'~
 chameleonf
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/12/2018 8:01:38 AM

What's this 'we' business? You live in Canada. Just sayin'~

Not speaking for Whiskey but being from Canada myself, just had to point out that myopic viewpoint that some in the States have. Thinking that Trump doesn't have an impact on the rest of the world is just as obtuse as thinking that the actions of a Kim Jong Un or, in the past a Hitler, wouldn't have any impact on your own country. Just sayin'~
 LGL1975
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 8:12:33 AM
Elections aren't real. Both parties are controlled by the elite. Trump's racism is a con so the liberals will blame his elitist tax policies and beligerent foreign policy on racists (poor whites) and not the 1%. If dems nominate a black woman who hates white people it will push the white fence sitters to give Trump another term and further the charade that keeps working people divided.
 kollata
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/12/2018 8:13:44 AM
^^^ Understand, but it is irritating to listen to people like Zero applaud the broken US health care system while he gets to benefit from the generosity of the Canadian Universal health care coverage system......... He is on the dole but mocks Americans who want the same sort of entitlements. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Elections aren't real. Both parties are controlled by the elite. Trump's racism is a con so the liberals will blame his elitist tax policies and beligerent foreign policy on racists (poor whites) and not the 1%. If dems nominate a black woman who hates white people it will push the white fence sitters to give Trump another term and further the charade that keeps working people divided.

You must have gone to nonsensical Deeism School where they teach gobbledygook and dysfunction. Very sad. :-(
 LGL1975
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 8:39:55 AM
Trump is a phony. All politicians are phonies. You just can't see it because you've been conditioned to respond emotionally every time Trump or anyone uses a racial slur.

All republicans do this. They pretend to be bible thumping homophobes or rich hypocrites because that's what the left hates. And these strong emotions prevent you from critically analyzing their lies. You accept Trump's lies because they trigger you and the conditioned response bypasses your critical thinking.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/12/2018 8:47:18 AM

I think this video would hurt her chances, LOL! It sounds pretty bad. Southern whites have to die:

Bawahahahahahahahahahahaha....which alt-right(white) site did you happen onto to find that piece of garbage?

Did Oprah Winfrey Say 'Old White People Have to Die'?
Detractors have seized on Winfrey's 2013 comments about how to end racism in an effort to discredit the star.

From "Fact Check"

FALSE
 Whisky_River
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/12/2018 9:50:56 AM

Not speaking for Whiskey but being from Canada myself, just had to point out that myopic viewpoint that some in the States have. Thinking that Trump doesn't have an impact on the rest of the world is just as obtuse as thinking that the actions of a Kim Jong Un or, in the past a Hitler, wouldn't have any impact on your own country. Just sayin'~

Shouldn't need to be explained...we are the closest neighbor and an ally....what he does effects us.
And besides...it's like watching the never ending "gong show"....

What Oprah actually said....Just who is spreading Fake News without verifying facts.??

Of course the problem is not solved. As long as people can be judged by the color of their skin, the problem’s not solved. As long as there are people who still… And there’s a whole generation — I said this for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own community in the South — there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die

For the whole interview....
https://www.snopes.com/oprah-winfrey-old-white-people-have-to-die/
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/12/2018 9:52:13 AM
Man oh man you post in here once every 4 or five days and you take flak for several days following.
Now I see "kollata shyt for brains" wants to rename me as he hangs on every word I type.
Why do liberals hate?

But I digress... as for Oprah... that is the thread subject you know... Oprah Winfrey for President....
It seems Oprah does have her detractors;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHx660GQo2I
"Oprah Winfrey, negro woman of the south..."

While that guy is a loon he isn't that unique. All you have to do is read these forums to know that celebrities and politicians do have their nut case fans and anti-fans.

But some times these celebrities/politicians do it to themselves.
Of course we have heard all about the evil past of Trump and how he is a hypocrite and as recently stated in here a "phoney". lol

Well it seems Miss Winfrey in her past has some splainin to do also...
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25532/flashback-harvey-weinstein-accuser-says-he-used-emily-zanotti

Do I think Oprah is qualified or eligible to run?
Absolutely!
Trump has certainly proven that a celebrity/business man can pull it off as well or better than career politicians in fact I prefer a rich business man to a politician who got rich off being a politician - see Clintons and Obama.
I think this celebrity fascination right now is a good levelling off period or "drain the swamp" period for politicians.

However I do not think she will run.
Not sure whether she has skeletons in her closet or just to good a life to want the hassle of the presidency but I do not think she will run.
Just the speculation though shows you the lack of confidence many have in the current Democrat lineup.

Always entertaining.
 kollata
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/12/2018 10:18:24 AM
"""kollata shyt for brains" wants to rename me as he hangs on every word I type."""

Only for the humor...given how verbose your far too lengthy posts, I have to assume you teach at the Dee School of nonsensical Deeisms? Let me guess...you teach Hypocrisy 101 and Living on the Dole like you are a millionaire?? Right?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/12/2018 10:40:50 AM
I suspect our supposed fellow Canadian(Doubleknot) has an interest in Trump because of the line of work he is in....OIL.
Trump voted for the Keystone Pipeline to continue...reversing Obamas decision.
Which begins in Alberta...employs many people here in Canada but also many from the States and other countries...
He could very well be American but just living here....jmo.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politics/keystone-xl-pipeline-trump-approve/index.html

Like Dee,KJ,John, Cobster... he is willing to overlook his character.....regardless of his muddling adminstration...as long as he gets something out of it.
 cooldog65
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 10:49:24 AM
There's another talk show host who is more qualified than Oprah...

Jerry Springer!
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/12/2018 10:54:53 AM
For humour... wow is that what you call it?

you teach Hypocrisy 101 and Living on the Dole like you are a millionaire?? Right?

"Living on the dole like you a millionaire"?
Please explain?
For I am to verbose as you are to inarticulate!

But back to the topic... Oprah...
How will Oprah defend her relationship with Harvey Weinstein?
One thing Oprah does have in common with President Trump aside from money is her school.
It seems both had bad experiences starting schools.
Oh well I guess having a controversial school will be the new requirement for being elected president.

Was I succinct enough?

Oh and "Whiskey", I am not in oil but I AM CANADIAN!

Happy Oprah Day!
 kollata
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/12/2018 11:02:50 AM

you teach Hypocrisy 101 and Living on the Dole like you are a millionaire?? Right . . .
For I am to verbose as you are to inarticulate

How very sad. if you had ever taken a college level class, you would know exactly the meaning of my post. Wow... I mean I have nothing against the uneducated per-se..but when they come on this board and act like they have some inkling of what is happening in the world..understand economic theory, pretend they have some idea of what is actually going on, and then evidence not even the rudimentaries of an educational background...the words "bigley sad" come to mind.

Sorry Zero....nothing is stopping you from going back to school and learning something...being on the Dole gives you the time you need. And if you are laboring away in the oil field, as Suggested by Whisky....good for you. The highest available wages are available to the least educated in those fields. Just remember...its easy to get hurt...and if you do...your employer will throw you to the wolves. Good luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Oprah Winfrey for President