Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 51
view profile
History
How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Men have double standards and feel the hottie should overlook his gut, his bald head or whatever but she must be perfect.

They will overlook it if he's wealthy. By the way, double standards go both ways.
 Nestaron
Msg: 52
How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?
Posted: 4/10/2017 12:15:16 AM
Obesity crisis has no effect on my dating cause I not obese.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 12:55:40 AM
No such thing as an Obesity Crisis --- women of every shape and size get laid. Go to a mall or a grocery store, you will see lots of obese women with kids in tow. Somebody's on that crack. Like any other woman, all they have to do is say "yes".

If OP moved to Japan, or Paris, he may be shocked to find that all the women aren't slim, and they aren't interested in a wanna-be actor.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:13:36 AM
@ Message 51
That was a rude comment. Getting more attention because youre feeling confident and sexy doesnt mean youre jumping into the sack more.
 south_city
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:42:02 AM

That was a rude comment. Getting more attention because youre feeling confident and sexy doesnt mean youre jumping into the sack more.

I think his point was some men will have this perception or assumption about larger women. Doesn't necessarily mean that is true though. In general, I think some women look better when they are curvy compared to thin. By curvy, I mean the traditional hourglass figure with round breasts and butts with a relatively slim waste.
 Maleman999
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/10/2017 7:05:03 AM
So far, so good-referring to not seeing comments that are on other threads in the past that reference weight, where some "gravity-challenged" women would say "A guy should look for a woman's inner beauty, and ignore the lack of outer beauty." Yet, in many cases, their profile states certain physical features they want their ideal man to have. I don't know any woman who would lust after a guy that she finds very unattractive, hoping his "inner beauty" alone wins her over.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 7:08:09 AM

Based on comments made in other threads, it is possible that was the case because the men thought that you'd be easier to lay than a woman in shape. Just a possibility.

Based on other threads, men are less intimated by a heavy woman.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 7:29:29 AM
I can move faster than a fat man, works to my advantage.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/10/2017 9:22:59 AM
It's obvious which women don't get in the sack enough.

Jaysus...
 flman2015
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/10/2017 11:23:16 AM

That was a rude comment.
It wasn't rude nor was it meant to be. I simply pointed out another possibility. one that is a lot more common than you believe.

Getting more attention because youre feeling confident and sexy doesnt mean youre jumping into the sack more.
I never implied that curvy women (a few extra pounds?) jumped in the sack more. Simply, that the attention they are getting may very well come from the perception from the man that they will be easier to lay, which may or may not be the case.

I think his point was some men will have this perception or assumption about larger women.
Exactly.

Based on other threads, men are less intimated by a heavy woman.
That seems to often be the case.
 gtomustang
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/10/2017 11:50:23 AM
"Getting more attention because youre feeling confident and sexy doesn't mean you're jumping into the sack more."

>>I don't think it has to, any more than a rich person has to spend money in order to feel rich, or to prove it to themselves or anyone else. its just a peace of mind to know you have options. If those of us who get ignored by the opposite sex, suddenly woke up to find out we're getting offers like crazy, would we really clear our schedule for the day to get laid? We might just bask in the glow of attention, instead. I've known women who've lost weight and since they already had a pretty face, got more attention. They didn't suddenly turn into the town doorknob, but they did smile more and have a more positive attitude and enjoyed peoples' company more simply b/c, they weren't being ignored as part of the scenery anymore. Guys were more willing to do things for them, and women were a little more envious and less cutting.

its nice when life is a little nicer.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/10/2017 12:03:27 PM
I imagine the recession has caused a husband shortage crisis as many women flail to find a port in the storm.
 Like2dance
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 12:27:15 PM
Residing in a body conscious part of the world I find myself surrounded by many gorgeous, svelte and sexy women. However when I travel to some of the other parts of the country I realize how grotesquely overweight many folks have let themselves become,
 Maleman999
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/10/2017 12:29:25 PM

...the largest woman I ever dated was my first GF when I was 20, she was 5.7 and about a 27 BMI

Does BMI stand for Bum Mass Index, and the higher the number, the bigger the bum?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 5:54:23 PM
flman

that is a sad indictment on the attitude of men but there is some merit in what you say. However some men like boobs and butts for instance and the washboard look is not for everyone. Some cultures also appreciate a curvy woman who likes to eat and enjoy her food.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 5:56:09 PM
BMI index for mature women at least is average at 25....so how heavy would 27 be especially at 5'7" ???

she was not a pretzel that is all.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:01:54 PM
Obese men making more of an effort with sex would only seem that way as they are unfit and sweating lol! What men lack in physical appeal can be compensated with by money and success.

It may be that bigger girls are more naturally sensual and indulge in all the appetites, including sex, with gusto.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:04:18 PM
aintnodeal

Some men will bonk just about anyone if they are desperate enough and alcohol and drugs in the mix. It would explain the women that have kids in tow but how does the father look?? no doubt obese, or very thin....... However rape has to be a factor in this, unfortunately, in some cases.
 flman2015
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:52:13 PM

that is a sad indictment on the attitude of men but there is some merit in what you say.
Unfortunately, there is. There is a thread floating around with lots of examples of that attitude.

However some men like boobs and butts for instance and the washboard look is not for everyone.
True, particularly the part about boobs. The U.S is close to being "implant-land". I suspect that large butts are not quite as popular as large boobs since there are no "butt-fillers" (not to be confused with the common butt-plug which seems to have a significantly larger market share.)

Some cultures also appreciate a curvy woman who likes to eat and enjoy her food.
But, the U.S culture isn't one of them in spite of having a large percentage of clearly overweight individuals.

I suspect that obesity, which is different than simply having a few (a few = no more than 15) extra pounds causes problems in many areas of an individual's life. I also suspect that, generally, it has a negative effect on an individual's opportunities with the opposite sex.
 south_city
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/10/2017 9:39:21 PM

that is a sad indictment on the attitude of men but there is some merit in what you say. However some men like boobs and butts for instance and the washboard look is not for everyone. Some cultures also appreciate a curvy woman who likes to eat and enjoy her food.

There's a difference between curvy and obese. As mentioned earlier, the traditional definition of curvy is hourglass figure with round breasts and butts with a relatively slim waist, However some women will themselves curvy when they are significantly overweight / obese.
 Nestaron
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/10/2017 10:47:56 PM
When someone can truly define obese from a picture let me know would you. I mean you can severely tell a person who is obese but some you really cant. Tell them take a picture while on a digital scale from an aerial view please cause I seen obese women say their only a few extra pounds, average women say she was skinny, I seen a toned claim to heavier you know I just dont know what is real online.

There is a function that says do you want BBW contacting you click it you'll see less of those. Because it stands for Big Beautiful Women. Not Big Breasted Women.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/11/2017 8:43:56 AM

BMI index for mature women at least is average at 25....so how heavy would 27 be especially at 5'7" ???

She would weigh in at 172lbs. The "average" woman in the United States is overweight. 5'4" weighing in at 160lbs.

When I was sixteen (twenty-seven years ago) I worked at a fast food joint...when I first started a child's size soft drink was about 6oz....today it's 12oz. Back then it was cash only. I laughed when we started taking credit cards. I thought it was funny that someone would charge a shitty meal of burger and fries instead of going to the grocery store.
Women's clothing sizes have been changed throughout the decades, too. Marylin Monroe? Every fluffy gal's icon? Yeah. She wore a size twelve, but that was in the fifties. In today's size...that would be a six. Just saying. Throw in the fact that the government controls all and the cost of healthcare in the US along with big pharma lining their pockets...makes me wonder if something is amiss.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/11/2017 10:19:43 AM
this is a great illustration of BMI's & how different people with the same BMI can look

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77367764@N00/sets/72157602199008819/

110 photos, mainly of women
 south_city
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/15/2017 9:00:24 AM
BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass. 2 men can have the same BMI. But 1 is athletic / muscular while the other is fat.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/15/2017 11:07:38 AM

I suspect that large butts are not quite as popular

From the age of 14 to current (almost 58) my A$$ has gotten me more attention from all kinds of men than I could ever have imagined. The donkey booty has quite the fan base.

Ladies, don't under estimate a$$men- they are out there!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?