Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RefinedRibbon
Msg: 76
view profile
History
How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Every one should have what they want there is someone for everyone. I am Average curvy women all the right places I am not thin but in the middle just I was blessed with. Every one has there cake eat it two. I like Average to fit men but not over the line. I have guy friend that likes women straight up down thin there nothing wrong in what you like. That is why I like that when someone read a profile some guys just message me but don't read just takes me for the looks. Also its not hard for someone to get fit also they have to do it for there self. Really its how someone carry there self not the size.
 RefinedRibbon
Msg: 77
view profile
History
How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?
Posted: 4/21/2017 1:25:46 PM
Some men do like large behinds I know some but here you can only show so much.
 spot4username
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2017 3:34:58 PM
Hmmmm well... let's see...

Unfortunately what used to be average now means obese. Athletic apparently means watching sports. I have done OLD on and off for years and years *silently weeps* and find that when I do have profiles that are visible and for dating men don't trust what they see. If I am actively searching I post current, dated photos and have always listed my height and weight. Men just ask for more and more photos. I can only guess it is because they have been mislead in the past. That is the only way this "Obesity Crisis" has affected my dating life. I guess it has just made it harder to be taken at my word.

We all have preferences. If I am not someone's cup of tea that is fine.
 flman2015
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/21/2017 4:02:52 PM

I can only guess it is because they have been mislead in the past.
From what I read here, I believe that is true for both genders.

Unfortunately what used to be average now means obese.
That is very often the case. This reminds me of a funny personal experience. In the first profile I had here (years ago), I stated in it that I like the woman to be proportional. One woman I met modestly flaunted during our meet that she was proportional, I nodded in agreement while thinking, "yes, you are proportional... to a swedish meatball". The meet was nice but, her proportions were a little too spherical for my taste. I don't think 4/3 pi r^3 should the formula of a woman's volume.

Athletic apparently means watching sports.
That. or carrying 30 pounds of cholesterol matter on a 24/7 basis. Sometimes I see a picture where the woman claims to have an athletic build and I think to myself.... if that makes you an athlete then looking at the moon makes me an astronaut.

Got to have a sense of humor.... :-)

Maleman999
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/21/2017 4:12:00 PM
If somebody has the same body type as a Sumo wrestler, is it OK to claim that they have an athletic body?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2017 4:53:52 PM
When I was married, I didn't pay any attention to women my age. (Except for the ones riding in electric carts. Those had to be walked around) Now that I'm single, I look at them. And wonder why they let themselves go. Sure, I'd like to date. I refuse to go after women that outweigh me. Which, by looking, is most of them. I thought it was sorta strange, that I'd see so many. A little research, lo and behold- Indiana has more overweight women per capita, than any other state in the union. I really didn't have to look it up. All I had to do is go out in public.

I object to, those that limp, lumber, or waddle. I stay away from those who use a cane. (Those, I'm afraid may use them for something other than walking) Curves, are not supposed to start at the knees. ( Curves, from what I remember were supposed to go in another direction, other than out) Back when I was married, my wife's friends used to visit. This I know from the three broken dining room chairs I threw out, after their fat butts broke them.

If this is what I get to pick from, I'll stay single.
(And no, I don't plan on buying a Goliath casket for someone else)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:38:27 PM
i would say that men are intimated by a heavier woman. Some need to be with someone much smaller, much younger to make them feel a bigger man.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:39:13 PM
that ass has to be with a small waist though..... right!!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:40:01 PM
I have done many profile reviews. Seems no matter their size they claim
Average
No idea what average is any more in people's heads... and if you tell them perhaps they a bit bigger than average they melt down
 backcreek7
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2017 7:45:37 AM
^^^^ " melt down " WOW !!! mere words, bring about the discovery of another weight loss program.
congrats Ouija, you lil platipie (< term of endearment) !!!
 gtomustang
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:09:06 AM
As far as the fanny figures, I think for most men, shape is more important than size. That is to say, the contour. Someone blessed with a wonderful upside-down heart shape that is "bigger than expected", may very well turn on the fellow who wants to clutch her and pull her in closer to embrace. Like breasts, more may be the merrier, if the contour is pleasing to the eye of the beholder.

While I love a voluptuous figure, I have respect for the athletic b/c of how much work it takes at our age to have that. Tho in some cases, its from smoking for a lifetime. Still, I can understand that someone with a certain figure, wants to meet someone with the same mindset that got them there. If I took on the "gym life", i'd like to meet someone who finds it just as worthwhile. That's my belief system, and I want to share it with a partner. So I can see why they hate it when "average" or "a few extra pounds" turns into exaggeration. I love women in many forms, so I may be more accepting, but catching a person in a lie is like catching them doing something stupid. Its hard to keep the respect going for the stranger you just met and hope to date. you wonder what other red flags the wind has yet to catch and unfurl.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:44:50 AM
You claim to live in one of the most image-conscious, shallow cities in the country. I'm from the L.A. area and when I go back, I feel out of place. So many living dolls, beautiful, HOT, gorgeous women walking around. I think anyone would have a hard time finding love there UNLESS you are already in the industry, and even with that, it's rarely a genuine connection.

Why are you even on here? You claims to be a 28 yo 6'4" white male who lives in Southern California. You should have an easy time finding some female attention. If you want to meet thin to HWP beautiful women, go out and mingle with them in your circles. Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills, Brentwood, Bel-Air, Westwood, etc...there's not a bunch of obese women waddling around in those communities.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:49:17 AM

I suspect that large butts are not quite as popular

It depends on who you attract. I've never attracted men who like large asses because I don't have one. And just because boobs or butts are BIG doesn't make them nice. Same with smaller boobs/butts and them being not nice. And the men who like smaller boobs or butts are usually not as vocal about it, which may lead people to believe that men only like huge titties and asses.

Ironic side note: I've tended to attract breast men and I've been on the smaller side my whole life. It's only been in the past 2-3 years that I can fit into a 32C but for most of my adult life, I was either an A or B-cup.
 south_city
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/22/2017 9:08:46 AM

i would say that men are intimated by a heavier woman. Some need to be with someone much smaller, much younger to make them feel a bigger man.

Maybe some men are. But I think more men are simply not physically attracted to larger women.
 Maleman999
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/22/2017 10:54:54 AM
Is the obesity issue any different than women who will not date guys who are shorter than them, or any other deal breakers based on physical appearance? It's all a personal preference, and everybody has them, which will naturally affect the size of the dating pool. But another factor is obese people are more likely to have medical issues earlier in life than slimmer people, and may have mobility issues at some point, which can affect being with someone who is more physically active.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/22/2017 11:27:35 AM
If men liked big heads and bellies I'd be Queen lol. Seriously headhunters wet dream, my boss and I measured everyone's head at a job - he and I were first and second place.
I don't understand why if you don't want to date an obese person you simply don't rather than b & g about it. Not like the shunned person is going to go if only I was a twig we'd be wed by now
 benartflick
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/22/2017 2:18:26 PM

more men are simply not physically attracted to larger women.

Perhaps while doing a POF photo search.

A few years back I enjoyed the company of two sizeable bikers I met in a bar. Eventually I became physically attracted to both of them. Maybe one of them flashing her eye-catching breasts or the umpteen****ails had something to do with it, but suddenly Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne Barr look-a-likes were worth sweating over.

I assume 'larger' means overweight. We men are attracted to taller and voluptuous women, but we realize most of us don't have a chance.

Same bar, biker week, I met a woman who looked exactly like Charlize Theron and at least two inches taller than me. Of course I was psychically attracted to her; even after she made out with her girlfriend - who was more stunning and taller.
 south_city
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/22/2017 3:29:00 PM

I assume 'larger' means overweight. We men are attracted to taller and voluptuous women, but we realize most of us don't have a chance.

Yes. I'm not saying no men are attracted to larger women. But when a man is not interested in them, it's most likely to be lack of physical attraction than being intimidated. I can see some men thinking they have no chance with taller women because many women ( in particular with OLD ) want a taller man.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:42:21 PM

Haha, maybe but most likely not. I think it's funny when people who are rejected a lot try to "one up" the people who rejected them by trying to make it seem like there's something wrong with them. "He's intimidated by me", "He can't HANDLE a strong woman", "they NEED someone smaller and more malleable"....nah, it's more likely they just didn't like you.
 Railrunner
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2017 10:16:18 PM
Not sure if there is really a crisis, per se, or if the obesity crisis is really a component of a "Society crisis" (Think about it. Society practically DEMANDS an inhuman level of perfection as a standard, more people than ever are on medicine for this that or the other, weight gain is a common side effect of medicines, so it becomes a nasty catch 22. The fact we have more and more jobs that are desk jobs, jobs with limited physical activity does not help either) but in any event, as a big guy, it used to affect me a bit. Until I accepted that this extra weight, an unfortunate medical side effect from 2 decades ago that will probably never totally go away, will be a component of me. As such, if someone can't accept that, then goodbye! So I've come to think of it as a "Shallow" filter of sorts.

More than that, over the years I have become much more confident in myself. Walking 15 miles nonstop, except for brief pauses at traffic lights is easy. Do it nearly every Sunday. I often joke with people when I recommend good restaurants "I think a guy my size knows good food!" or "You want a salad recommendation go find a skinny beanpole. You want a burger or steak recommendation ask me!" Or my often quote "Round is beautiful!" along with "I AM in shape. Round is a shape! Ask any preschooler!" The confidence can be a real plus here. I suppose though, if the weight were solely a choice, maybe confidence would not be so great. But as the weight was not by choice, that this weight was the result of being on a medicine that the maker has since been subject to a class action lawsuit because of its side effects, that for all the exercise, losing it still isn't happening, the best I can do is to accept it.

The weight has one advantage. Being that it is medical gain, I still am very physically able. Some punk on the streets tried to mug me. Figuring a big fat guy is an easy target. Got the living crud knocked out of him instead. Cops told me that the worst part for him will be living down that a big fat guy beat him up and foiled his robbery attempt. A couple past relationships did figure this out. That physics is on MY side in a fight! Came in handy living in a high crime town at the time.
 Maleman999
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/27/2017 8:18:03 AM
Fat chance of me dating someone who is obese, so it doesn't affect me.
 jrb1979
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2017 9:29:57 AM
Its affected me in the opposite way. The amount of women that have become gym rats is unbelievable. Its one thing to workout and exercise which doesn't bother me. To live at the gym 4 to 5 times a week is crazy. I don't know how these women have time to date between going to the gym and either working or school. A few profiles I have seen say going to the gym as first date. What a great way to get to know some one while they sweat it out. NO THANKS.
 south_city
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/27/2017 2:25:38 PM

Its affected me in the opposite way. The amount of women that have become gym rats is unbelievable. Its one thing to workout and exercise which doesn't bother me. To live at the gym 4 to 5 times a week is crazy. I don't know how these women have time to date between going to the gym and either working or school. A few profiles I have seen say going to the gym as first date. What a great way to get to know some one while they sweat it out. NO THANKS.

I usually spend about 4-5 hours at a gym per week. About an hour for each day I go to the gym. I still had plenty of time to date on weekends and maybe 1 night per week. But a first date at a gym would be strange for me. I would like to focus on my workout. Not a woman.
 Railrunner
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2017 4:09:39 PM

Fat chance of me dating someone who is obese, so it doesn't affect me.

I see what you did there. Good one!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2017 4:46:27 PM
Purplerider wrote:

Oh, another naysayer.
Assume you're referring to my previous comment, wayback.

6'3" and 197
There are 3 numeric statistics about a man's body that women generally consider. You have passed, with flying colors, the test on the first 2. The other, I do not want to know.

Since I have no idea what "got game" is, then I'll put it in the category of dopes that can lie with the best of them.
Well, I'm sure an ability to lie with impunity does aid one's efforts. But "game" does not mean lying. Game means the ability to charm a woman, make her comfortable, make her laugh, etc. etc.

My career is what I like to do. It pays the bills, carries no title except business owner.
That is a job. And is shows industriousness. Again, good for attracting women.

I've made the effort, My bad attitude only comes out in here.
Still keep making the effort. You're in the Alabama - of the Midwest. Nascar and Country music. Go to a country music club. It doesn't matter if you like country music, what matters is you like women. Learn to two step. Most clubs have lessons. 6'3" is an advantage on the dance floor, as you won't behead women when they're spinning.

Lack of opportunity is more the case.
See the above.

You may sleep with a cpap. Right, nothing like sleeping with someone that looks like they're more ready to go scuba diving.
#1, depends on where they're diving, and #2, if they know how to use a Cpap in bed. Cpaps do suck, don't they?

Can't be any worse than snoring all night.
But better than sleeping alone, I guess...if she's "the one."

If my only choice, is being with an overweight person, then I'll get used to being single. I may not like it much, but the alternative isn't very appealing ether.
Just buy a Cpap.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?