Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 101
view profile
History
How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Purplerider wrote:

Oh, another naysayer.
Assume you're referring to my previous comment, wayback.

6'3" and 197
There are 3 numeric statistics about a man's body that women generally consider. You have passed, with flying colors, the test on the first 2. The other, I do not want to know.

Since I have no idea what "got game" is, then I'll put it in the category of dopes that can lie with the best of them.
Well, I'm sure an ability to lie with impunity does aid one's efforts. But "game" does not mean lying. Game means the ability to charm a woman, make her comfortable, make her laugh, etc. etc.

My career is what I like to do. It pays the bills, carries no title except business owner.
That is a job. And is shows industriousness. Again, good for attracting women.

I've made the effort, My bad attitude only comes out in here.
Still keep making the effort. You're in the Alabama - of the Midwest. Nascar and Country music. Go to a country music club. It doesn't matter if you like country music, what matters is you like women. Learn to two step. Most clubs have lessons. 6'3" is an advantage on the dance floor, as you won't behead women when they're spinning.

Lack of opportunity is more the case.
See the above.

You may sleep with a cpap. Right, nothing like sleeping with someone that looks like they're more ready to go scuba diving.
#1, depends on where they're diving, and #2, if they know how to use a Cpap in bed. Cpaps do suck, don't they?

Can't be any worse than snoring all night.
But better than sleeping alone, I guess...if she's "the one."

If my only choice, is being with an overweight person, then I'll get used to being single. I may not like it much, but the alternative isn't very appealing ether.
Just buy a Cpap.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 102
view profile
History
How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?
Posted: 4/27/2017 4:48:42 PM
Ben wrote:

We men are attracted to taller and voluptuous women, but we realize most of us don't have a chance.
These daze, in the bars, trolling, the discerning gentleman should be careful of those "tall" women.....say...5'10"+ 'cause they just...may...be....men. Especially if a few ****tails impairs one's ..judgement and vision.
 JelleyBean1956
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/30/2017 12:08:29 AM
I won't accept a message from a guy with no pic.. and I like to see 3 or 4 pictures in their profile.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2017 7:06:54 AM
I just can't get my arms around this problem.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2017 7:22:20 AM

I have done many profile reviews. Seems no matter their size they claim
Average
No idea what average is any more in people's heads... and if you tell them perhaps they a bit bigger than average they melt down.

I am guilty of that, I do put down average while I feel a few pounds overweight. I go on BMI charts, I should lose about 14 lbs to be in the "normal" range. I am fairly stocky and muscular, but not enough to make up those 14 lbs, my waist size is 32 and at one time it was 29.

But since my weight is more like average in the USA, I enter average. And I was afraid that if I enter a few pounds overweight, many would assume I was obese.
 Starion
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 5:24:55 AM
Posted: 4/7/2017 109 PM

A number of men I met through online dating claimed their body type was average but in reality, I'd say they were a few extra pounds or overweight even. Therefore, this was a let down for me as I too am attracted to medium built to athletic body typed men.

I have full body pics on my profile which are accrpurate representation of my body type. I see myself as avarage but a lot of women who are of bigger dress sizes than me also say average body type on their profile. So i don't really know what is considered average anymore. It seems that the obesity crisis has made bigger people "average" nowadays.

^ Right. In the US, 2/3 of the population, well more than "AVERAGE" is overweight. More than half of Americans are overweight, while 1/3 are by definition "obese". https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/overweight-obesity

Using a term like average in OLD is a very broad gray area. I've seen some stunning average women, and some who would be a full circle if 2 inches taller. Hence, looking for full pics.

I feel like a jerk asking for (more/clear/recent) pics (from the sounds of it, I'm in the minority and guys often ask for racy pics). If there's not a full body pic or two, I usually move on for lack of effort or upfront honesty on her part. Attraction is important. So is honesty, and equally as important to me is sharing in healthy lifestyle habits & activity level. I'm active, and the same in a woman is a turn-on.
 gtomustang
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 5:53:56 AM
Gosh...if you can't trust a free website to do a proper job of things...who can you trust in this world? :)

I suspect there must be at least one dating site for fit singles? Maybe that's the solution.
 spot4username
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 6:02:35 AM

I feel like a jerk asking for (more/clear/recent) pics (from the sounds of it, I'm in the minority and guys often ask for racy pics). If there's not a full body pic or two, I usually move on for lack of effort or upfront honesty on her part

Sometimes I actually give OLD a shot. When I do, I post my height and weight in my profile. I usually post a minimum of four photos that are face and full body. I date all the photos and strive to post new ones every month to keep it up to date. Doesn't matter. I still get lots and lots of messages requesting new photos before a man will meet. They want me to send them a selfie at that moment.

I can only surmise that they have been burned in the past. It does make it more difficult for the people who are honest in their profiles. The people who lie make it harder for everyone. Doesn't matter what the lie is - height, weight, age, marital status, intent. You become rather jaded and judgmental.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/18/2017 6:35:08 AM

Attraction is important. So is honesty, and equally as important to me is sharing in healthy lifestyle habits & activity level. I'm active, and the same in a woman is a turn-on.

So refreshing to hear someone tell the truth rather than what is PC.

Gosh...if you can't trust a free website to do a proper job of things...who can you trust in this world? :)

LOL, Quite ironic, I am sure there are people in this site who are "easily" 55 & up claiming to be in their early 40's. Hell, I finally remarried last year & am here for forums only & listed myself 38 when I am 58, but I am NOT looking & don't deny my age. But if I were single & looking it would be a huge faux pas.

I can only surmise that they have been burned in the past. It does make it more difficult for the people who are honest in their profiles. The people who lie make it harder for everyone. Doesn't matter what the lie is - height, weight, age, marital status, intent. You become rather jaded and judgmental.

You are right, those honest people who are looking, pay for the obfuscation pulled by others, photo shop, my space angles, out & out lies about age, sex, location, income, family members, you name it. Like such a person lives in an alternate universe.

No matter how many drinks a person has, if the person in front of them is a fake, well, it is pathetic & sad.

OLD is just a tool; if you cant attract a person IRL what makes you think online makes you any cooler, younger, thinner & prettier? At the end of the day you are still the same person, & living a lie.

"This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill: the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill: you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." - Morpheus, The Matrix
 2016summer2016
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 11:45:43 PM
I can completely agree OP. Seems to be only obese women around these parts
 moraima
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2017 2:57:23 PM
"Seems to be only obese women around these parts"

And men.

20 to 1 available in my age range. I would rather not date thank you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How has the Obesity Crisis affected your dating life(if at all)?