Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older woman younger man      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Older woman younger manPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

I'm dating a guy that is 37 & I'm 47. We have a friends with benefits relationship that has lasted since last September. I'm actually a bit surprised that it's lasted this long. He's pretty mature lol,

Yeah, but, we're all biased when it comes to age and judgment of 'maturity'. When you were 30, would you have been like "Oh wow, he's mature. I usually have to find a guy who's 50 to not be immature."? As we get older, we tend to think by itself we're more "mature" -- when really, if you're not mature by 30 -- just aging isn't going to 'mature' ya.

I also think we tend to mistake what younger people do as them being "immature". Like someone liking to go out downtown to the bars on the weekends, etc -- "Oh, they're so immature". Okay, so, one certainly can be very mature at 24 who never and doesn't like going to the bars and wanting to make babies & raise kids and be in family photos as "making it". That though is just a taste clash -- but one gets a "mature" stamp, and one gets an "immature" stamp via society being kinda "high school". :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Older woman younger man
Posted: 5/22/2017 6:13:09 PM
imanorangetiger
As you can only see a head and shoulders of the woman wanting the younger guy, I cant see how you can comment that she does not seem fresh and vibrant especially in body??? You dont know how she really looks or acts. However, doesnt matter, you would be too old for her as well. lol!!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Older woman younger man
Posted: 5/27/2017 8:18:33 AM
Letitia, I think its because OP describes her self as "a few extra pounds" in her profile.

Might also be that she lists a lot of very sedentary interests.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Older woman younger man
Posted: 5/29/2017 6:14:50 AM
Finding younger men are a dime a dozen. Men approach me all the time and I thank them but I tell them I am old enough to be their mother.
I go out in the real world and that's where most younger, available men are. On POF you will find a lot of 20-30 somethings who fudge their age in order to surpass the limits POF puts on age. I think the restriction is 14-17 years. You maybe just looking in the wrong places.

The man I date now is 44. I met him here June 2008. We just wanted a FWB relationship. It's a good one though almost 9 years later.

Not every younger man is just looking for a f7ck. Some of them true, do just want the "experience" but some of them have that preference.
They can find companionship and friendship but to be attractive to a younger or older man you have to have confidence, love yourself, be respectful, kind, considerate, and emotionally supportive. Those are the things that will keep a younger man.

To get a younger man you have to take care of yourself first. You have to maintain a healthy diet, weight, appearance. Not over do make up. Act your age. Dress your age. If you're struggling to be something you are not just to gain attention from younger guys you will just become a joke to them and they will laugh behind your back.

If 99% of the young men you meet only want to f7ck you then YOU are the common denominator and YOU are the one that needs to make that change. It's not the men. It's the way and how you are projecting yourself to them. Can we say "desperate"? Your profile and post reads that way.

Maybe you have friends that can help you look at yourself more objectively and set the goals you need to set to put yourself in that league. Take a few years off from "looking" and spend some time creating the new you that will easily attract men of all ages. Better than complaining about what you want that you can't get.
 JanetPY
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Older woman younger man
Posted: 5/31/2017 8:55:44 PM

The man I date now is 44. I met him here June 2008. We just wanted a FWB relationship. It's a good one though almost 9 years later.

Well, now I know. Your idea of having a man is to have sex. 8 years now.

Where do you spend your time where younger 'men approach you all the time'? I wonder if it is the street curb. Naw.. don't even bother to answer.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 102
Older woman younger man
Posted: 6/2/2017 7:54:51 AM

Where do you spend your time where younger 'men approach you all the time'? I wonder if it is the street curb. Naw.. don't even bother to answer.

I have a secondary job in a bookstore.
Younger men approach me a lot while I'm working there. I'm naturally chatty and friendly.
The bookstore is outside a mall though, not a street curb.
 ohenryx
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Older woman younger man
Posted: 6/2/2017 9:50:03 PM

browneyesboo
I have a secondary job in a bookstore.
Younger men approach me a lot while I'm working there. I'm naturally chatty and friendly.
The bookstore is outside a mall though, not a street curb.

Boo, I would approach you and try to make time with you anywhere. A book store, outside a mall, a street curb, wherever. But then, I just work that way anytime I see a beautiful woman.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 104
Older woman younger man
Posted: 6/3/2017 7:55:12 AM
Awwww. Thank you Henry! I've been visiting texas pretty often lately but it's a big place..you're still too far away! I'd buy you drinks and dinner any day!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Older woman younger man
Posted: 6/3/2017 2:11:18 PM
Here I quote JanetPY in message 105

"Well, now I know. Your idea of having a man is to have sex. 8 years now.
Where do you spend your time where younger 'men approach you all the time'? I wonder if it is the street curb. Naw.. don't even bother to answer."

I just thought I would post this so it might fall back on her for people to see the cruel, abusive, unwarranted, malicious, vile, and disgusting TROLL that she is. She is a ****ing TROLL and people need to stop feeding her. She needed to try to emotionally injure me and bully me because I was being honest in her thread about grandchildren.

She posts no picture. I don't have to lie having posted mine. I am fit, friendly, kind, respectful, intellectual, personable and approachable to men. I am honest, down to earth and there is not one smug bone in my body. Men are attracted to me and I meet them in shops, pubs, the library, at church, fellowship, grocery shopping, through family and friends, at events, at parties, at fundraisers.
I don't stand on a curb and your implying that and suggesting it just shows what kind of a person you are. It has no reflection on me.

I have endure trials that JanePY would not fathom and have come to be a strong, vibrant, educated, caring, loving person. I do not deserve such a vicious response and insult to my integrity, my dignity and my honor. JanetPY YOU have crossed a line with me and I will give you over to demons.

I am a mother of 4, a grandmother of 6. I am active and involved in helping others in my fellowship. I keep a minimalist lifestyle and I am a creative and beautiful woman. My family comes first. My children do. I have one in very poor health but I rise up every day and I do what I ought to do not always what I want to do. I have strong convictions. I taught for 20 years and I know hundreds and hundreds of families in my community.

Why are you here JanetPY to disgrace me and put me down and manipulate readers from your other pathetic thread about your jealousy over a little girl to be distracted to reading personal information about me that I shared as it related to topic on this thread. Not your thread.
Your comment is rude, uncalled for, degrading and you are a bully. A cyberbully. I may report you if others don't.

You are implying that I am a street hooker. I stand on a curb. You are a wretched human being. Karma. Believe in Karma. Your's will be repaid. Karma will come. Expect disappointment. Expect to experience your own negativity seven fold. Expect misery, agony and troubles.It will come down hard on an animal like you, you useless filthy TROLL. Go and reap what you sow.
 Seki1949
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Older woman younger man
Posted: 6/3/2017 3:55:12 PM

I would guess she (Cher) was 35-40 from how she looks on TV.

At 6:00 am, she looks 75.
 gtomustang
Msg: 107
Older woman younger man
Posted: 6/4/2017 5:06:37 PM
yes, but who dates that early in the morning, anyway? :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older woman younger man