Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > WHO is WHO? or MULTIPLE ids ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 42
view profile
History
WHO is WHO? or MULTIPLE ids ???Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Irish ... wish you lived closer.

Our club overstocked on Guinness for St. Patrick's Day and if you lived closer, I'd invite you down ... we're having a special on it ... all the Guinness you can drink for the price of 1 Guinness!

All this talk about people ganging up on others trying to get others deleted sounds so childish although I do know someone in here who openly admitted he tried to get me deleted.

I don't understand it ... who cares that much about what someone says in a public forum? I do not take anything in here so seriously that I find it necessary to try to get someone nuked. It would be like trying to get an empty pop bottle nuked. Doesn't mean anything because people will just come back with a different profile and still keep posting.

You really never know for sure if someone is even behind the profile. Well, in my case, I've actually sponsored several POF parties and there are pictures of me here on POF from POF parties I've sponsored. They can be found in the party threads.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 43
WHO is WHO? or MULTIPLE ids ???
Posted: 4/11/2017 5:23:14 PM
All you can drink for the price of 1??? MANNNN...I miss out on all the best deals.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/11/2017 6:13:32 PM
And now Razor talking about all our late night hot chatting :)
I think I know who most are that have multi. Back when there were Mods I was told that POF had crawlers and would eventually catch and delete multi profile users.. so doubtful that some were ganged up on and nuked but
Do you ever wonder about what happened with a reg Forumite who then just vanishes?
I like to think they meet someone or got an exciting new job, or won the lottery.
Wish forum members lived closer.. it would be fun to meet people from here
All you can drink for the price of 1? Sweet dreams made of this :) 3 glasses of wine and you carry me out doing Patsy from AB Fab
If I call you sweetie darlin time for me to go home
 LOLTrump
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/11/2017 6:23:20 PM

I was told that POF had crawlers and would eventually catch and delete multi profile users..

They were not "crawlers" but there were is a system in place to catch people with multiple profiles.

As some would have a "forum" profile and a "dating" profile.

...so doubtful that some were ganged up on and nuked but

It happened but it usually came at the cost of the person doing the reporting as well, as the system is a two way street.

It tracks reports and also tracks reporters and when a certain value / frequency is reached the account is deleted by the system.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2017 8:04:41 PM

It happened but it usually came at the cost of the person doing the reporting as well, as the system is a two way street.

It tracks reports and also tracks reporters and when a certain value / frequency is reached the account is deleted by the system

Of course Frank is speaking from experience.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2017 8:19:23 PM
Hey Franky boy, you must be the arithmetic guru around here because you;

1/ Add trouble

2/ Subtract pleasure

3/ Divide attention and

4/ Multiply ignorance

I have an idea, why don't you knick off and check out e-bay to see if they have a life for sale?
 razors_edge55
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2017 4:15:45 AM
Miss Ouija ,,,I was just trying to make the other jealous,,,,,
But ,did you have to tell them all it was ,,,late night and "hot" ?
;-)

Party at Cotter's
 Cynderella
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2017 4:58:58 AM

It would be one crazy party...
 cotter
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2017 6:52:24 AM
Message 57 ...
razor ...
Party at Cotter's

That would be fine with me ... I have had some of the POF people over to the house ... when I lived in Lakeland, Florida. We had some really nice POF parties there and some of the people would come over to the house afterwards. One time I made lasagna for about 8 of them and surprised them with a cheesecake for dessert.

"bucsgirl" was there, also our good friend, "ladydi8" and several other POF'ers. One brought his guitar.

Message 58 ...
Cynderella ...

I occasionally sing Karaoke with numerous POF members who do not post in here in the forums ... except to sign up on POF party threads or gatherings.

It doesn't have to be a party ... there are organized picnics here, bowling, and a group that meets for breakfast every Saturday AM ... even a group that camps on the (warm-weather) weekends at state parks where people can fish and swim and go boating.

Cynderella ... check out your area for scheduled POF parties. If none are scheduled, consider sponsoring one yourself. It's really not that difficult.

It would be one crazy party...

It's fun and yes sometimes it gets a little crazy. Beats sitting at home all by yourself! Also, it's fun to meet people you have only otherwise seen as a profile picture. POF gatherings are great for people who are shy or are a bit socially awkward or even perhaps rather introverted.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 51
Posted: 4/12/2017 9:15:51 AM
Message 50: What is your obsession with other people's hair? At least the guy has hair.

By the way, your new avatar with the wig is an improvement over your original one.

Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/12/2017 9:22:05 AM
Miss Skies, I think Mr. Clooney has a crush on you like a school boy who likes to pull a girl's pigtails. He imagines himself to be your inamorato but goes about it in the wrong way.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/12/2017 9:35:19 AM
Well, if he was hot, I might be flattered. Unfortunately, that's not the case.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/12/2017 10:45:18 AM
Blonde and Babblefish told me quite a bit.

Blonde says you've visited other forummites besides myself

I'm gonna start sharing details soon....
 Cynderella
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2017 1:41:28 PM
Cotter...
I put together one in Penticton BC
It was a blast. I meet and retained many as close friends.
Might be time to schedule a new one.

With most of my favorite forumites being all over the world...it would be cool for a true gathering.
 cotter
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2017 2:59:48 PM
^^^
We did that in Lakeland, Florida many years ago. I was living in Phoenix, Arizona at the time but flew over to Lakeland for the POF party ... others flew down from New England and all along the coast. We had all been posting in the forums and encouraged one of the moderators to schedule a party in Lakeland ... where he lived and then a bunch of us flew in for the party. It was great.

I eventually moved to Florida and was able to host still more parties in the Tampa / St. Petersburg / Clearwater / Pinellas Park areas.

Someone once suggested a POF Cruise.
 Kj521
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/12/2017 3:10:11 PM
"Someone once suggested a POF Cruise."

LMAO imagining this!

Who do you think would be the first to be thrown overboard? :D

But.....I could picture you, Ms. Cotter.....arm draped on a piano....singing....in an evening gown....slit to highlight those sexy legs!

Gee....hope I wouldn't "disappear" before getting to see that! :)
 hopefulhunk
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/12/2017 7:14:29 PM
I'm buying a boat down there... but it only sleeps 16.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/13/2017 2:51:29 PM
I'd be the first tossed ( turns out I get terribly sea sick) But maybe a really big boat would be better.
Only??? Must be one large boat.
Some beautiful boats here.. I should learn to sail.
 hopefulhunk
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/13/2017 7:42:40 PM
I guess if you can live in it.... itsa yacht.
But technically you can live in a van and not be homeless.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:43:39 AM

Someone once suggested a POF Cruise.

Anyone remember :
"The Last of Sheila", is a 1973 mystery thriller that was directed by Herbert Ross and written directly for the screen by Anthony Perkins and Stephen Sondheim. It starred Richard Benjamin, Dyan Cannon, James Coburn, Joan Hackett, James Mason, Ian McShane, and Raquel Welch. (Copied from Wikipedia)

All aboard!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > WHO is WHO? or MULTIPLE ids ???