Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > North Korea - What Next      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lyinjovan
Msg: 26
North Korea - What NextPage 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
"while I await the sweet release of death. "

Hawking, saw a good movie about this very concept. .the Sunset Limited...on a premium movie channel....two actors in the entire movie..in one room.....starring Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel Jackson

you will love the movie. i very highly recommend it to you.
 forumslady
Msg: 27
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/14/2017 9:52:04 PM
Deetristate- Reading what has been said so far, what Yule Liqour said makes the most sense.
We shouldn't be acting as if there was never a concern about North Korea.
It isn't a coincidence that we have a new president and now North Korea is posturing and getting louder.
They want something, a reaction of some sort, but what and why now?
I'm with Yule, there is something more going on that the general public doesn't know.
(btw- I've been off the forums for a few days. I did NOT participate in voting this thread down. It's a good question)
 deetristate
Msg: 28
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:20:06 AM
"""""I believe that there is more to this than what is being made public.
Any air attack on NK, will likely result in a retaliation bombing of Seoul SK; so why aren' t the S Koreans in a Tizzy?

NK repeatedly stated that they will open fire if they are attacked; therefore why aren't the US chiefs of staff calling for more ships and air support to the site.Will 1 AC carrier and a sub be enough?

Diplomatically, the issue will hinge on whether China can diffuse the matter from their end; such as offering NK full nuke protection in the event of a US/SK invasion..... in exchange for dismantlement of NK ICBMs

Conflict-wise; the only way the US will "win" is if it deploys the fabled EMP (electromagnetic pulse) bomb; which will render anything electro-mechanical useless and inoperable, but I don't believe this is something that the pentagon wants to do, because then the cat is outta the bag...in that Russia, China, etc will eventually find a way to acquire that bit of technology."""""

Yule.

There could be more. Well, there definitely is more that we don't know. Perhaps is is just a way to get more military permanently in different areas of the world and then just sit on them in those locations. Just the presence as a deterrence.

Or it could all be political theatre for the masses, like the searches at airports.

Pence is on a plane on his way to South Korea.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 29
view profile
History
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/15/2017 4:06:44 PM
The fat little turd's missile test today was a failure!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 30
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/15/2017 5:06:08 PM

The fat little turd's missile test today was a failure!

I am sure that was just a cover up for another one of his golf trips.
 gtomustang
Msg: 31
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/15/2017 7:30:16 PM
"There was a high degree of confidence it was not an intercontinental ballistic missile, a U.S. official said on condition of anonymity. A second U.S. official said the launch was land-based. The timing of the test, coinciding with Pence's trip and a day after the military parade, would suggest deliberate defiance."
"The North launched a ballistic missile from the same region earlier this month ahead of a summit between the leaders of the United States and China to discuss the North's arms program.That missile flew about 60 km (40 miles) but what U.S. officials said appeared to be a liquid-fueled, extended-range Scud missile only traveled a fraction of its range before spinning out of control."
"Sinpo, where the Sunday launch took place, is the site of a North Korean submarine base and where the North has tested the submarine-launched ballistic missile it is developing. “It appears today’s launch was already scheduled for re-launching after the earlier test-firing,” said Kim Dong-yub, a military expert at Kyungnam University's Institute of Far Eastern Studies in Seoul.“This launch can possibly be a test for a new type of missile or an upgrade,” Kim said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-korean-missile-blows-up-on-test-launch-as-pence-heads-for-south/ar-BBzSwR9?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

So NK can claim it didn't stand down, and Chump can claim nothing needs to be done, like sit down and finally end the Korean War or agree to lift sanctions in return for NK actually less...like Chump. A success for everyone!
 flman2015
Msg: 32
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/16/2017 2:40:06 AM
About North Korea.... among the very few things more dangerous than an idiot with a stockpile of weapons is....

Two (2) self-centered narcissistic idiots each with a stockpile of weapons.

Maybe the first step in solving the North Korean problem would be to send one of the idiots back to N.Y. That would solve half the problem right there.

Poor turd-in-chief, it looks like the Queen of England isn't fond of having garbage in her royal carriage. Maybe Kim Jong-un can put a good word for turd-in-chief with the Queen. Satisfying the petulant president's Cinderella complex might help prevent a war by keeping the septuagenarian infant in a good mood.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 33
view profile
History
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/16/2017 2:16:21 PM
“I really hate when you say things like this, Mr. Hawkings. If only you could see yourself from my perspective....these thoughts would be few and far between.”

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I made it 10 years despite being nearly hopeless. I see no reason I won’t make it another 10 years under the same circumstances. Well, except for the fact that there’s really only so far your mind can collapse on itself before it becomes a black hole, but I have yet to see a formula that can predict that day. In the meanwhile:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/threadlevel.aspx?postID=3980300&ref=0&PageIndex=8

Post 182
 gtomustang
Msg: 34
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/16/2017 4:10:14 PM
"among the very few things more dangerous than an idiot with a stockpile of weapons is....Two (2) self-centered narcissistic idiots each with a stockpile of weapons. "

>>reminds me of when my late father would declare, one lawyer in a small town starves, but two eat very well.

Hawkie, the good news is when you get older, past the biological clock, and you care less about partnering up. its only when you see couples having fun that you realize what you miss. otherwise you get involved in your hobbies, watch older folks pass away and realize your mortality, and get satisfied by the littlest of things.
 lyinjovan
Msg: 35
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/17/2017 10:44:58 AM
This is what should happen but won't happen... because Trump is as much of a war monger as anybody:

The US and China should agree that China will resolve the issue and take care of the NK dictator as necessary in return for the US getting the hell out of South Korea...bringing all of its troops home, and leaving the problem to China itself.

Truth is, One Trident Submarine could vaporize Korea in an instant.... what the heck are we doing in that part of the world. Korea is no threat to the US and it will not matter a whit if the entire Korean Peninsula came under the thumb of China anymore than it mattered when North Vietnam took over South Vietnam. Imperial Washington though is always looking to be on a war footing.... which is why it spends ten times or so what Russia spends on its military.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 36
view profile
History
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/17/2017 12:46:36 PM
"missile test today was a failure!"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/16/mcfarland-no-comment-on-reports-us-sabotaged-north-korea-missile-launch-calls-launch-fizzle.html

“You know we can’t talk about secret intelligence and things that might have been done, covert operations,” McFarland told “Fox News Sunday.” “I really have no comment.”

That is what you need to know. Covert operations.

Do you really think the US doesn't have weapons that we're not told about? Advance weapons of power that are no longer nuclear but equally effective?

So outwardly, the bullies on both sides are doing a war of words. To convince the public of what they want us to think.

Inwardly, the US/world powers aren't going to allow certain things to happen on this planet. At whatever cost to human life they think is necessary.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 37
view profile
History
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/17/2017 1:15:47 PM
message 30 lol T the missile failure was NK not T rump ,,,you have your turds confused ???
best check those turds
 trinity818
Msg: 38
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/17/2017 1:55:48 PM
I never really doubted that Trump would go looking for a pissing match with NK. (One wouldn't have to look far.)

Who knows how far either of them will take this. Neither of them give a shit about the rest of us.

Hawking,
I know it's absolutely no consolation, but you are not alone in your feelings. The hardest thing for me was accepting that I was not going to meet someone to share the remainder of my life with. It's all I can do to just take care of me.
Best wishes to you in all that you do.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 39
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/17/2017 4:09:12 PM
When the Trump administration rattles its sword so loudly that, Kim Jong-un drops a nuclear bomb on South Korea, or if threatened with losing his country, detonates on his own people, we will have proved to the world how great America really is.
 gtomustang
Msg: 40
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/17/2017 4:50:50 PM
Every time the US gets a new president, NK puts him to the test. Normally there is a State Dept to explain to the prez that this isn't anything new, don't give the bully the attention he desperately craves. But of course Chump has gutted the State Dept b/c only the military is cool. China meanwhile, knows that a failed state on its border with starving people isn't good for it, so they won't rush to curb NK soon.

sooner or later, Chump will find himself another distraction from the Russia thingie.
 forumslady
Msg: 41
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/17/2017 4:53:49 PM
bigbadnirish- Didn't you hear?
Vice President Pence went over there.
I feel REALLY reassured by that. ;)
Maybe he left some of those little red New Testament bibles while he was at it.
I bet they are holding hands and singing Kumbaya as we speak. :D
 John252817
Msg: 42
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 1:15:05 AM
forumslady, you should be wondering why Obama allowed a lot of this to expand and take place as far as North Korea, Syria. He was terrible as far as these countries doing what they are doing. If I was you, I would be very worried about that North Korea situation, and definitely worried about seoul south korea for starters. Wonder what happened in the early lives of some in here as far as how they mock religion now? YIKES!!!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 43
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 6:52:01 AM

you should be wondering why Obama allowed a lot of this to expand and take place as far as North Korea, Syria.

John you should be wondering why you think that, seeing as Obama did no such thing.

He was terrible as far as these countries doing what they are doing.

Yes we understand, he was black.

because I would not ask you specifically what he could have done, as I think we all know as you are doing is repeating what the blond lady on fox told you to say and you actually do not understand any of it.

If I was you, I would be very worried about that North Korea situation, and definitely worried about seoul south korea for starters.

But do not give two sh*ts about the fact the tRump and the Russians are in bed together.

Wonder what happened in the early lives of some in here as far as how they mock religion now?

They stop believing they had invisible friends and grew up.

What happened to you John, do you still have invisible friends?

Do you still talk to them and if so do they talk back?
 Maleman999
Msg: 44
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 7:36:35 AM

Wonder what happened in the early lives of some in here as far as how they mock religion now? YIKES!!!!

We wonder what traumatic experience happened in your early life to make you totally obsessed with Hillary and post a billion times "Hillary is a crook", even though she has never been charged or convicted of any crimes. Who appointed you judge, jury and executioner? That's the Christian spirit. (LOL) Do you attend the Church of Hatred? YIKES!!!!
I suppose you're going to say Jesus hates Hillary too.
 John252817
Msg: 45
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 8:29:25 AM
^^^^^^ No Jesus doesn't hate Hillary, whether she is corrupt or not, the same goes for you maleman, no matter what falsehoods you hang onto. Looks like you just can't get that but He does love you no matter.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 46
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 8:31:32 AM

^^^^^^ No Jesus doesn't hate Hillary, whether she is corrupt or not, the same goes for you maleman, no matter what falsehoods you hang onto. Looks like you just can't get that but He does love you no matter.

John are you talking about your invisible friend again?
 deetristate
Msg: 47
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 8:32:56 AM
John

They are trying to convince themselves.
Just let them.
 cotter
Msg: 48
view profile
History
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 10:50:00 AM
Message 41 ...
forumslady
... Pence went over there.
I feel REALLY reassured by that. ;)

Yeah ... me too. :>b

Maybe he left some of those little red New Testament bibles while he was at it.
I bet they are holding hands and singing Kumbaya as we speak. :D

That should "give peace a chance" ... eh?

I wonder if he prayed at the "wall" (DMZ) ... ??

With god in charge (and all), I can't see that there should be any problems ... god will be right on top of this ... right?

All hail the sky wizard ... the sky wizard's got this under control.
 lyinjovan
Msg: 49
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 11:05:17 AM

All hail the sky wizard ... the sky wizard's got this under control.

Look what the cat brought in...Road kill.
 forumslady
Msg: 50
North Korea - What Next
Posted: 4/18/2017 11:16:24 AM
cotter- Trump is going to get us into war, yet.
What is Ironic Is Dee posting this topic, seeing how often she praises Trump.
One of the issues with the situation between the US and North Korea is that they both have immature, irresponsible leaders.
They are having a contest of chicken, but it isn't fun or funny.
I wonder if Dee will still like Trump when we are facing war with them, because that is where this is headed when you have two leaders with no diplomacy or that are willing to back off to prevent war.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > North Korea - What Next