Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > North Korea - What Next      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 151
North Korea - What NextPage 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
What next?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/threats-of-nuclear-war-with-north-korea-may-be-scary-but-not-necessarily-dangerous/ar-AApMrRr?li=BBnb7Kz

Amidst all the bluster that is being slung by each of the 2 respective pompous fools; the possibility of mis-steps stemming from miscalculations and over-estimations by 1 or the other .....spurred mainly by bruising of the ego.

Not to be outdone... Kim J Un has CALLED all of Trump's bluffs...and crossed his virtual red-lines;
Trump wants to make sure that Un sees him flexing his military muscle which signals that this would be a fight that N Korea cannot win.

But does NK care whether or not it is able to win?.....As the NK leadership knows that the regional damage (to China, Japan) from this conflict will be substantial,..... so that no winner will emerge!

The talking heads seem to think that nothing will come of this verbal tussle...and maybe none will; but the final stage has nearly been achieved by NK...and that is the acquisition of ICBMS which will soon no doubt be fitted with a nuclear war head...and at that point, they cannot be "put in their place" any longer!
 gtomustang
Msg: 152
so, what has Chump done lately?
Posted: 8/9/2017 6:28:56 PM
NK is happy they FINALLY got under the skin of an American president. They're sick of us ignoring them, and Chump finally fell right into their hands. They're now the center of attention. They've got nothing to lose and everything to win. They've become the thorn in the lion's paw. But hey, Chump always said during the campaign he wants to get his gun off, so let's see what a nuclear missile headed in the direction of Russia's and China's borders does to their early warning systems. That would be fun, right?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/trump-makes-false-claims-about-us-nuclear-arsenal/ar-AApMDG6?ocid=spartandhp

well, maybe Chump finally figured out how to get around firing Mueller.
 from site to sight
Msg: 153
Posted: 8/10/2017 6:02:44 AM

Donald Trump has been granted the authority “by God” to “take out Kim Jong–un” with “fire and fury”, a leading US pastor declared.

I wonder what the reaction would've been if Adolf Hitler said the reason he was ordering to have tens of millions of people killed throughout Europe is because God gave him permission to do it. If he got the thumbs up from God to exterminate people, wouldn't that make Hitler the good guy in World War 2, and his enemies the bad guys, who tried to stop him from doing God's work?
 gtomustang
Msg: 154
Posted: 8/10/2017 6:17:36 AM
even better, Hitler was the good guy b/c he turned around the German economy, which was the ultimate God's work. Even Prescott Bush invested in that religion. Tho the papacy DID support Mussolini and Franco, thinking fascism beat God-less Communism. but hey, what choice did they have against the Luftwaffe.
 from site to sight
Msg: 155
Posted: 8/10/2017 6:50:15 AM
Chances are, the real reason Trump is peed off at North Korea is because they're messing up his 17 day vacation, and aren't waiting for his return to do sabre rattling. If it's enough of a distraction to mess up his golf score, then that's grounds for Trump to order an attack on them.
 hakkata
Msg: 156
Posted: 8/10/2017 7:30:44 AM
Regardless of Trumps mouth, Korea was going to have to be stopped one way or the other...which means war is coming. It didn't have to be this way. We never should have been in Korea to begin with and by calling it the evil Empire, we destroyed any chance of fostering some sort of reconciliation between NK and SO. We never learn
 deetristate
Msg: 157
Posted: 8/10/2017 7:39:36 AM
Given how Obama and the West turned on Gahdafi after he complied with their requests, if I were Un, I wouldn't stop anything.

No problem with how Trump is handling this.

Have a breakfast lecture. Later.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:00:09 AM

Korea was going to have to be stopped one way or the other.

You stop it, by employing the advice rendered by the Chinese shown in this very insightful article below.
China has a vested interest in keeping the peace here, and they are willing to do just about anything to prevent war.
The important thing China cites is that if you antagonize NK, it will not bear fruit

As was pointed out by the ancient Chinese proverb:

" a man with nothing to lose, does not fear a man with lots to lose"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dodging-blame-china-urges-us-to-stop-hurling-threats-at-north-korea/ar-AApO4oP?li=BBnb7Kz

At this point, we should let China be the honest broker here...as they are willing to do shuttle diplomacy.
We should NOT be blaming China for NK...if we ignore their advice

We never should have been in Korea to begin with and by calling it the evil Empire, we destroyed any chance of fostering some sort of reconciliation between NK and SO. We never learn

I agree, so the next best thing is to allow China to help cool things down to the way they were before Trump started flapping his big mouth

```````````````````````

No problem with how Trump is handling this.

...and the seals all line up to clap
 gtomustang
Msg: 159
Posted: 8/10/2017 2:23:10 PM
"given how Obama and the West turned on Ghadafi duck after he complied with their requests..."

>>heck, Un had an even better role model....Saddam had sanctions, too, but he didn't have WMDs. You can bet NK watched what happened next, closely. Meanwhile, the Chinese have plenty of models to witness what happens when an economic power has a destroyed state on its border. They love keeping us busy and out of their hair in the Pac Rim, but that's going to be the ultimate leverage bar.

if we can keep Chump from twitting about currency manipulation in China. Talk about a bull in a china shop. Boy, we sure did dodge a bullet by not having HRC here to handle this.
 chameleonf
Msg: 160
Posted: 8/10/2017 4:16:54 PM
Perhaps China is getting tired of Trump's pompous mouth enflaming a situation that affects them and other northeast asian countries so directly and it will be the u.s. starting to face sanctions by other countries. Other world leaders are being suspiciously quiet at the moment.
 deetristate
Msg: 161
So, Leftists still whining and delivering ad hominem. Yawn.
Posted: 8/11/2017 3:47:40 AM
Yeah, good thing we don't have HClinton.

If you had this NK issue to handle, what would you do?

But I doubt that HClinton would have been quiet like her disappointed and still upset about the loss voters would like Trump to be.
She is a hawk and probably would have bombed NK by now.

I heard a joke recently but all I remember is the punch line, something like,
'People really don't care that much if Un bombs LA or San Francisco because they keep hoping that they fall into the ocean anyway."

The "oooooh, don't hurt Un's feelings" is not surprising from leftists.

Don't hurt the feelings of terrorists.
Don't hurt the feelings of illegal aliens.
Don't hurt gays' or GTBXYZ feelings,
Don't hurt the feelings of college studies by having a lecture ( that they don't have to attend) from someone who is not a leftist.
Don't hurt BLM's ( most of whom are young white leftists) feelings.
Don't hurt gang member feelings.
Etc.
Etc.

Even some MSM commentators this morning and last night were saying that meeting pompous with pompous may be a good thing.
One also asked, why is the MSM in general making Trump the issue rather than NK.
Because they can't help themselves.
If Trump sat quietly, the leftists would complain about that as well.
""""WHY ISN'T HE SAYING ANYTHING. Whine.""""

Other world leaders, if you mean the West, are quiet because, unlike Un, they rely on the big dog, the USA, to protect them.
 from site to sight
Msg: 162
Dee is still delusional
Posted: 8/11/2017 6:25:47 AM
Has any American government official talked to the South Korean leaders, and see how they feel about the U.S. attacking North Korea and possibly using nuclear weapons? It doesn't seem like it. Any war with North Korea is going to affect South Korea since they are neighbors, and if nuclear weapons are involved, how is the radioactivity contained so that none of it goes across the border into South Korea? And if NK's missiles don't reach American targets, they might launch missiles at South Korea. I guess for Trump, having a lot of people killed-even if it involves casualties on both sides of the border-is worth the ego boost for him, and would allow him to tell everybody that he's the world's greatest military leader in history-since he's always claiming everything he does is the greatest in history.
 chameleonf
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/11/2017 7:08:34 AM
Complaining about Trump's big mouthed, uneducated posturing has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else's hurt feelings but his own. Those people who support his rhetoric are the same type who pour gas on an already high flamed bon fire and then wonder why it tracks back to them, burning them to a crisp and only then proclaim they didn't realize just how stupid they were/are.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/11/2017 9:33:27 AM

burning them to a crisp and only then proclaim they didn't realize just how stupid they were/are.

No they don't... They never admit when they've been stupid... they blame liberals... and gush about how wise and smart they were and how successful they would have been... if only the liberals hadn't gotten in the way...
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2017 10:16:48 AM
Personally, I'm too young to go out of this world looking like a burnt weenie sandwich. So are my children, grandchildren and everyone elses friends and relatives.... Worldwide.

Earlier, when their offices opened I called both of my Senators and also my Congressional representative and asked these folks if they could get together and get our President to tone down his rhetoric and to kindly ask our POTUS to shut up. I asked them to do this on my behalf since they work for me. If I'm going to complain I figure I should complain to those who can do something about it. Plus, it made me feel better.

Posting it here makes me feel better too especially if it spurs other forumites to act as far as letting your Reps. know how you feel about our "Leader".
 chameleonf
Msg: 166
Posted: 8/11/2017 10:27:17 AM

No they don't... They never admit when they've been stupid... they blame liberals... and gush about how wise and smart they were and how successful they would have been... if only the liberals hadn't gotten in the way...

There definitely is that - as evidenced by one particular prolific poster here, who will sometimes sit on a picket fence depending on which way the wind blows - ya know, just in case the head derpist winds up getting impeached or something - then it can say that it "didn't agree with everything" the head derpist had to say, thereby thinking it will look less of a fool.
 hakkata
Msg: 167
Posted: 8/11/2017 10:54:06 AM
DEE is a king troll and a supreme babbler but if she wasn't here, you all would have nobody left to argue with. Long ago Marilyn called her an angry black woman and she was attacked by Trinity and others. I wonder if calling Dee an angry black woman now would be considered against pof protocol?
 chameleonf
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/11/2017 1:30:40 PM
It's obvious that you don't have to come to a forum to "argue". You only have to read to determine that a preponderance of people agree that Trump and his derpist followers seem to possess some form of throwback gene that prevents the ability to use logic. Aside from that gene, or perhaps in conjunction with it, arguments are inevitable when utter and deliberate stupidity is interjected into threads - it matters not what colour the interjector of said stupidity is.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 169
Posted: 8/11/2017 2:25:54 PM
Word is...us Canadians have had a couple talks with N. Korea....since this hype has started
I hope they said....make sure you aim for Trumps golf courses/hotels first....hahahha...jk

Funny.... watching Trump being all tough guy....I thought he was such a great negotiator..big deal maker.??
He almost looks like he's deliberately baiting him....weird.
What a buffoon!!
Most Presidents would let others handle this but the attention seeking narcissist....is having meetings everyday to yak off.
 gtomustang
Msg: 170
where's all the patriotic support for Chump? anyone see any?
Posted: 8/11/2017 2:51:48 PM
It is eerily coincidental that Johnny, KJ, DoubleSpy,, Viking Hoosier, Purplerider, et cetera have all gone on vacation and have just absolutely nothing to say about what's going on. When The Annointed One barely won the White House, they made sure to come back and have something to say. Only D "Stands by her man" and keeps insisting he ain't the Chosen One. shoot, when Bush went into Iraq, there was more standing in unity by the GOP, what the hell happened this time?

So Chump is borrowing the "fight tonight" line Obama used:

“Our forces on duty here — American and Korean — are highly trained, closely coordinated, fit to fight tonight and every other night,” Obama said during a visit to U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan in Seoul in 2014.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%E2%80%98fight-tonight%E2%80%99-explaining-trump%E2%80%99s-retweet-that-says-us-bombers-are-ready-to-strike-north-korea/ar-AApSXeL?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

but has Chump done anything in...well, you know...preparation? In 1994 Clinton raised troop levels in S.Korea when they came to the brink of war. Dependants haven't been ordered out of SK. Warships aren't moving in, as they usually have in the past with prior presidents. Nukes haven't returned to SK. All there is, is hot air from the Bully in Chief and a Pentagon trying not to admit they aren't doing anything and a GOP talking about how stupid the president is. maybe b/c they have no "Korean Fries" to rename, the GOP can't figure out what to do to show love of country?

To be fair, tho, this isn't the first time a Republican president has been willing to recklessly endanger the lives of his own people....remember Bush cheering on the terrorist in Iraq, sneering "bring...it...on" as he stood behind Secret Service protection? WTF is it with Republicans who refuse to go to war, wanting to send your children to war?

Hey, speaking of people's feelings the right are afraid to hurt:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/news-analysis-combative-trump-pulls-his-punches-for-one-man-putin/ar-AApTbEC?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rebel-yell-southern-nationalists-again-crying-secede/ar-AApTlMz?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 171
Posted: 8/11/2017 6:04:29 PM

Perhaps China is getting tired of Trump's pompous mouth enflaming a situation that affects them and other northeast asian countries so directly

Yep, so much so...that they are willing to get into NK's corner in the event of a conflict.
As much as they hate Kim J Un...they hate Trump even more

you employ diplomacy and get China directly involved right in the aftermath of the UN resolution vote that went 15-0 against NK
---------------------------

Has any American government official talked to the South Korean leaders, and see how they feel about the U.S. attacking North Korea and possibly using nuclear weapons?

How could they, since we do not even have an ambassador there that they could confer with.

-----------------------------

They never admit when they've been stupid... they blame liberals

Its kinda like what the T-tards in kentucky say....we don't want Obamacare, but we wanna keep the ACA
As long as it doesn't have a Blackman's face (or name) on it....then its all good!

---------------------------

I asked them to do this on my behalf since they work for me.

the only way that a GOP lawmaker would work for you...is if you are a big GOP donor!
---------------------

He almost looks like he's deliberately baiting him....weird.

Un is baiting Trump for sure
----------------------------------

WTF is it with Republicans who refuse to go to war, wanting to send your children to war?

these are the chicken hawks.
Its very easy to look & talk tough....when somebody's else's kids are on the line
 benartflick
Msg: 172
Posted: 8/12/2017 10:13:59 AM

I have no idea and I'm relieved I don't have to get involved in making that decision. But I would prefer Hillary in the WH only if Bill was running the show (but my guess she doesn't listen to Bill, if she had, she might have won).

Did JFK make the right decision involving Russia's missiles in Cuba or how about Truman dropping those big bombs?

Those two incidents are less complex than the current NK problems and what's going on in our country.

My guess you and KJ might have noticed the insanity that's been going on over the last 8 months. The few Americans on this forum probably didn't notice there might be a highly contagious insanity virus going around. Clearly most of the media and politicians on both sides have been infected. That virus might turn out worse than the plague: resulting in more deaths than imaginable. All we need to save the world is a cure for stupidity and political hatred.
 forumslady
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/12/2017 1:12:08 PM
Yule Liqour - "If you had this NK issue to handle, what would you do?

"you employ diplomacy and get China directly involved right in the aftermath of the UN resolution vote that went 15-0 against NK"

That ^^^^^is what you would do if you are a president who knows what he is doing and cares about the people you represent.
Trump is neither of these things.
Besides, he's on vacay right now, playing golf and costing tax payers, 14,000 dollars, per golf game, for his secret service protection to ride around in golf carts alongside him to protect his sorry hide.

Not to change the subject or anything, but if you all haven't checked your news feed today, the spit is hitting the fan in Charlotte Virginia, where an alt right group is protesting the removal of a confederate monument.
They showed up with citronella torches, rebel flags and nazi salutes, I kid you not.
Fifty shades of the KKK. :o
A car was driven into a crowd of counter protesters an hour ago. A state of emergency has been declared. For most of this Trump said nothing, until Melania made a twitter post. Boy, that will show them. Trump FINALLY, after the car hit the counter protesters, went on twitter to condemn the protest.
A state of emergency, growing violence and the president does nothing but send a tweet.
If people start dying, maybe he'll send Ivanka. I bet she could calm things right down. :(
 gtomustang
Msg: 174
Posted: 8/12/2017 5:01:32 PM
The GOP is upset that Chump isn't calling a car going into a crowd, terrorism. Maybe if a mooslim had been driving?

But hey, as posters here claimed before, all those monuments have nothing to do with racism, its just about soldiers, right?

"Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, a Trump supporter who was in Charlottesville Saturday, quickly replied. “I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists,” he wrote. Dozens of the white nationalists in Charlottesville were wearing red Make America Great Again hats. Asked by a reporter in New Jersey whether he wanted the support of white nationalists, Trump did not respond.
"Tensions began to escalate Friday night as hundreds of white nationalists marched through the campus of the University of Virginia, chanting “White lives matter!” “You will not replace us!” and “Jews will not replace us!”
"On Saturday morning, men in combat gear — some wearing bicycle and motorcycle helmets and carrying clubs and sticks and makeshift shields — had fought each other in the downtown streets, with little apparent police interference. Both sides sprayed each other with chemical irritants and plastic bottles were hurled through the air. A large contingent of Charlottesville police officers and Virginia State Police troopers in riot gear were stationed on side streets and at nearby barricades but did nothing to break up the melee until around 11:40 a.m"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/three-dead-amid-clashes-at-white-nationalist-gathering-in-virginia/ar-AApUdhF?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

gosh, those violent libtards, why do they label such people deplorables?

Meanwhile, someone's worried that war with NK, plus failure of retail stores, could spark another 1929, since the stock market apparently is at that level:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/dow-at-1989-levels-amazon-at-dollar4-what-a-1929-style-crash-would-look-like-today/ar-AApJ6ut?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
 forumslady
Msg: 175
Posted: 8/12/2017 5:33:43 PM
gtomustang- A half hour ago, the announcement was made that one of the counter protester's has died.
No name has been released, pending notification of family. 26 people were injured. Last I checked, no statement had been made as to their conditions.
President Trump has yet to make any statement, other than on twitter.

The governor of Charlotte made a scathing public statement, saying, among other things, that such hatred has no place in his state or the US.

The situation with North Korea continues to fester while Trump golfs. Neither leader is budging, with both posturing and threatening nuclear attacks.
Although, with Trump on vacay, I guess a nuclear Apocalypse is on hold, while his orangeness is busy choosing which club to choose and getting to his tee times, on time.
Priorities and all that.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > North Korea - What Next