Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Vote deleted please... just a wee test. apologies.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scareymush
Msg: 701
Vote deleted please...Page 29 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
Munchausen by Internet is a pattern of behavior akin to Munchausen syndrome (renamed factitious disorder imposed on self), a psychiatric disorder, wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves. In Munchausen by internet, users seek attention by feigning illnesses in online venues such as chat rooms, message boards, and Internet Relay Chat (IRC). It has been described in medical literature as a manifestation of factitious disorder imposed on self, or if claiming illness of a child or other family member, factitious disorder imposed on another.[1] Reports of users who deceive Internet forum participants by portraying themselves as gravely ill or as victims of violence first appeared in the 1990s due to the relative newness of Internet communications. The pattern was identified in 1998 by psychiatrist Marc Feldman, who created the term "Münchausen by Internet" in 2000. It is not included in the fifth revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5).

The development of factitious disorders in online venues is made easier by the availability of medical literature on the Internet, the anonymous and malleable nature of online identities, and the existence of communication forums established for the sole purpose of giving support to members facing significant health or psychological problems. Several high-profile cases have demonstrated behavior patterns which are common among those who pose as gravely ill or as victims of violence, or whose deaths are announced to online forums. The virtual communities that were created to give support, as well as general non-medical communities, often express genuine sympathy and grief for the purported victims. When fabrications are suspected or confirmed, the ensuing discussion can create schisms in online communities, destroying some and altering the trusting nature of individual members in others.
 Paulineandsalem
Msg: 702
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/11/2018 3:48:32 PM
Tablet (taiblet in Scots[1][2][3]) is a medium-hard, sugary confection from Scotland. Tablet is usually made from sugar, condensed milk, and butter, which is boiled to a soft-ball stage and allowed to crystallise. It is often flavoured with vanilla or whisky, and sometimes has nut pieces in it.[2][4]

Tablet differs from fudge in that it has a brittle, grainy texture, where fudge is much softer. Well-made tablet is a medium-hard confection, not as soft as fudge, but not as hard as hard candy.

Commercially available tablet often uses fondant instead of the milk products. This produces a slightly less granular texture compared to the traditional home-made tablet, and is supposedly much easier to prepare on a commercial scale.[citation needed]

Contents [hide]
1 History
2 Names
3 Similar confections
4 See also
5 References
6 External links
History[edit]
According to The Scots Kitchen[page needed] by F. Marian McNeill, tablet is first noted in The Household Book of Lady Grisell Baillie in the early 18th century.[5] The traditional recipe uses just sugar and cream. More modern recipes substitute condensed milk and butter for the cream, as it has a tendency to burn when boiled.

Names[edit]
Tablet is sometimes referred to as Swiss Milk tablet (Swiss Milk being a term used by some for condensed milk)[6][7][8] or butter tablet.

Similar confections[edit]

Sucre à la crème

Borstplaat
Tablet is almost identical to Québécois sucre à la crème. It's also reportedly similar to South American tableta de leche. Another close relative can be found in the Netherlands called borstplaat, eaten during the time that Sinterklaas is celebrated. A similar sweet, often with nuts or raisins added, is known as kiri aluwa or "milk toffee" in Sri Lanka.[citation needed]
 Paulineandsalem
Msg: 703
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/11/2018 3:49:21 PM
Aniseed balls are a comfit type of hard round sweet sold in the UK, Ireland, Malta, Canada, New Zealand and Australia. They are shiny and dark reddish brown, and hard like Gobstoppers, but generally only 1 cm across.

They were a staple traditional sweet in the 1950s and 1960s in Australia and New Zealand but have become rare in recent years.[weasel words]

They are flavoured by aniseed oil, have a very strong aniseed flavour, and last for a long time in the mouth before dissolving. In the centre of the ball is normally a whole rapeseed, which is used for forming layers of sugar around, although other nuclei are sometimes used, for example a sugar crystal.

In the spring of 1939 a magnetic mine was constructed in Britain for underwater sabotage actions in the upcoming war. The mines exploded when a****d spring hit a detonator. Between the striker and the detonator an aniseed ball was placed, as it regularly dissolved in water after 35 minutes, leaving the saboteur time to escape. The first of these mines were sent to Yugoslavia and Egypt in the autumn of 1939.[1]
 scareymush
Msg: 704
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/12/2018 1:41:20 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/a-random-selection-all-down-the-ages-of-words-on-wisdom-and-folly-1.444242

"Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd rather have been talking." - Aristotle

"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night." - Isaac Asimov

"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living. We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount." - Omar N Bradley

"You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy." - Garth Brooks

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Winston Churchill

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." - Winston Churchill.

"Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian prophecy

"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." - Marie Curie

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler." - Albert Einstein

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein

"The ideals which have always shone before me and filled me with the joy of living are goodness, beauty, and truth. To make a goal of comfort or happiness has never appealed to me; a system of ethics built on this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle." - Albert Einstein

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford

"In the struggle against evil, there is no shame in defeat - only in not fighting." - Steven Hart

"Your friend is the man who knows all about you and still likes you." - Elbert Hubbard

"Science is organised knowledge. Wisdom is organised life." - Immanuel Kant

"You know nothing for sure . . . except the fact that you know nothing for sure." - John F Kennedy

"Life is what happens while you are making other plans." - John Lennon

"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite." - Sam Levenson

"There are two rules for success: 1) Never tell everything you know." - Roger H Lincoln

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" - Abraham Lincoln

"Religion and science both profess peace (and the sincerity of the professors is not being doubted), but each always turns out to have a dominant part in any war that is going or contemplated." - Howard Nemerov

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"When the passions become masters, they are vices." - Blaise Pascal

"Science is what you know. Philosophy is what you don't know." - Bertrand Russell

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible." - Bertrand Russell

"The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it." - Alan Saporta

"A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence university education." - George Bernard Shaw

"The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is." - George Bernard Shaw

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?" - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"You cannot kill time without injuring eternity." - Henry David Thoreau.

"Let us be thankful for the fools; but for them the rest of us could not succeed." - Mark Twain

"I am different from Washington; I have a higher, grander standard of principle. Washington could not lie. I can lie, but I won't." - Mark Twain

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more." - Mark Twain

"When you're arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing." - unknown

"If you have to swallow a frog, try not to think about it. If you have to swallow two frogs, don't swallow the smaller one first." - unknown

"A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies." - Oscar Wilde
 Squareslice
Msg: 705
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/12/2018 10:37:29 AM
Looks like Pauline is back on the wagon
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 706
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/12/2018 11:31:23 AM
Skinny Cooks Can’t Be Trusted.............

scareymush
Msg: 707
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/12/2018 2:47:28 PM

Looks like Pauline is back on the wagon

Hoots mon!

Although it could be something more sinister like 'reefer madness' that's affecting her....or a large dose of b1tchyitis....maybe the menopause isn't that easy on her.

Och aye!

The joose is loose aboot the hoose!

Gosh darn it...promised myself I'd leave her to it but I've gone and broken me promise now!

damn damn damn.....so disappointed in me right now!

I'll forgive myself later.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 708
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/16/2018 7:42:21 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this so I decided to put it here where it could do the least harm.

I know Bunny has been suffering but I reckon my cold has been worse than his. It's got to be a strain of virus with great fortitude to have lasted since before Christmas and still producing bucket loads of snot! What is that all about? I was expecting my white thingies to go on the attack and knock out the baddies within days, I didn't think to train them for marathons!

Addendum - I've just learned we all produce around 1.7 litres of mucus a day!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 709
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/16/2018 8:05:03 AM
Reading this I’m certain now I caught my virus from you lot!
I’ve been in bed since New Year’s Day!!!.....I’m worstest......or weakest lol
Can you lot please start washing your hands and use tissues when you come in here :)

I hope we all get better soon x
 scareymush
Msg: 710
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/16/2018 8:24:32 AM
Have you tried the usual cough medicines? Expectorant is what I get here, that's supposed to get you to cough up all that mucousy stuff to clear it away ....it gets me high as a kite as well and I will only take the recommended dose.

Hot lemon and honey drinks?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 711
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/16/2018 8:44:04 AM
You have had a simple virus, Roxy? Count your blessings.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 712
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/16/2018 9:16:06 AM
OMG some one slap this man!!!!! :) I would but I’m fatigued
I could be more graphic about my symptoms but it’s dinner time :)
 10ky
Msg: 713
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/16/2018 9:18:51 AM
^^
H3N2, woman. No fun.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 714
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/16/2018 9:26:58 AM
‘Experience from last winter suggests the elderly are a high risk group for H3N2’
But I look so young???

Paul it isn’t flu :)

Justanotherchap
Msg: 715
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 2:06:21 AM
I never realised before that there was so much to this snot stuff. I too have bought expectorants in the past but somehow have always felt they were more comfort than anything else. Now having read that we produce 1.7 litres of mucus in any one day I really can't see how a teaspoon of some evil smelling stuff is going to fight that.

I also discovered that the colour of your snot means something. I'm not so stupid to have not noticed that during a cold it does change colour but I now know that clear snot is healthy, white means you are congested and possibly have some sort of inflammation, Yellow means your body is sending white cells and other infection fighting cells, the colour is caused by the exhausted combatants being carried off the field. Green shows your body is fighting back with a vengeance and that your snot is full of dead dying and exhausted cells.

So next time you see someone looking into their handkerchief after blowing their nose, you will know they are simply checking the state of their antibodies and progress of their cold.

You#re welcome.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 716
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 2:33:21 AM

OMG some one slap this man!!!!! :) I would but I’m fatigued
I could be more graphic about my symptoms but it’s dinner time :)

I picked up a heavy cold after Christmas Day but got shot of it in three days. When I got some serious chest pains in the new year during a walk down to the village, I put it down to pericarditis as an aftereffect from the cold. Didn't call an ambulance because my son had booked tickets to see a film and I didn't want to let him down. In any case, the pain subsided after half an hour or so. All my friends said that I should go to the hospital to get checked out but since it wasn't actually hurting any more, I didn't really see the rush. I simply did what most blokes do and did the same walk a few days later to see what would happen. The following Monday I was being fitted with a stent having been diagnosed as having had a heart attack. After being discharged the following day, I was rushed back in that same evening after suffering a mini stroke. All due to hereditary problems with cholesterol. My younger brother had a full on stroke last summer. My dad died at 56. I got lucky. I'd much rather have had a virus though...
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 717
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 2:48:54 AM
Definitely can't top that one. Pleased to hear you're still here. Was that this the Christmas just gone?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 718
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 2:51:32 AM
Chap don’t concede so easily....
Well tiger...... I’m dead.....beat that!!

Ps.....really really good to know you’re ok tiger

imanorangetiger
Msg: 719
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 3:10:54 AM

Was that this the Christmas just gone?

Yes; came out of hospital last Wednesday. The good thing about TIA mini strokes is that you recover within 24 hours. In fact, I was already recovering on the way to the hospital in the ambulance. As for the heart attack, I started gentle exercising last Thursday and I'm already walking two miles a day, much to the consternation of friends who think that walking to the end of the drive should be enough. It's not hurting and I'm not breathless. My BP is textbook at 117 / 79 and my resting heart rate is 45bpm. The stent did the trick, although it still aches occasionally, when I'm lying down.
 scareymush
Msg: 720
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 3:11:06 AM
Is this the hospital wing of the forums?

Where's Matron?

And what are you fella's doing here on the women's ward? Get back on your trollies and stay in the corridors!

I'm not ill...just visiting. Did you hear about what happened in Hawaii?

People across the state were terrified. Many assumed they would die, but sought shelter anyway. They took cover in mall bathrooms, bathtubs, drug stores—even a storm drain. Hawaii has very few shelters, and houses with basements are rare. There were reports of people speeding down highways and running red lights to reunite with family members. Others called one another to say “I love you” one last time.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/01/pandemonium-and-rage-in-hawaii/550529/
 rekirked
Msg: 721
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 8:22:16 AM
Bloody hell orange that sucks, I felt a bit off colour this morning but after reading your post i’ve slapped myself for being so utterly pathetic. Glad to hear things are getting better for you.
 patriciaanne55
Msg: 722
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:28:33 AM
^^^^exactly my sentiments, take care Orange.
A very close family friend died just before Christmas,
he had suffered a minor heart attack and died while
Having a stent fitted. I was so shocked he was seventy.
 patriciaanne55
Msg: 723
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:37:00 AM
But on the subject of snot the colour is pretty much neutral
except for the blood, I’ve had wheezy episodes but my lungs
Are clear and the capacity for my age would be 80 mine is 110
The quack thinks it may be an allergy to nuts so what the hell
I’m doing here I’ve no idea.
Get well soon all you snot grobblers
 Scareyboatrace
Msg: 724
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/21/2018 11:46:26 AM
Hello, yes I'm back and I want to thank whoever got my last profile deleted....thanks Helen! I was lacking the motivation to create a new profile to rid myself of Cowboy's restrictions ....to be free at last but am happy to have been 'forced' to. Now I get to be more of a forum menace than before!

I can't message you Orange because you don't take messages from people who don't reside in the U.K.

What's up with P & P....their silence is astounding, perhaps they're in mourning?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 725
view profile
History
Vote deleted please...
Posted: 1/22/2018 4:21:58 AM
Welcome back, though it's unwise to go trip trapping over the Scottish troll bridge... ;)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Vote deleted please... just a wee test. apologies.