Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When do men decide its a "relationship"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 121
view profile
History
When do men decide its a relationshipPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
When do men decide it's a relationship?

Simplest answer -
When the woman decides to stop questioning it and goes with it.

Not to be mistaken for the 'Silent Treatment', which is deadly.
 hyper828
Msg: 122
When do men decide its a relationship
Posted: 6/6/2017 12:31:03 AM
I hear you and I sense your heart is open to moving in a direction which feels like you're in a solid connection with this person. I am curious, how would you feel about asking him these questions and expressing what your heart is really wanting to say? You could frame the expressions in a way that does not cross your healthy boundary which is staying in and expressing from how you feel? (which would look like "I feel _____ when this happens or when you say this" as opposed to "you make me feel _______ when you say or do this." which is accusatory and crossing healthy boundaries). Then allow him to speak from his heart which might be a challenge or not. True connection comes from that authentic, vulnerable place and if he is like most men, he was probably told, right from birth, to suck it up, to be a man, to never show his emotions. So he may have a guard up now, protecting his heart which is a strategy he learned as a little boy. If he is capable of meeting you in your vulnerable true heart then that is a real foundation for a relationship. If he is a keeper, he will be willing to meet you where you're at and when you express from your true authentic, vulnerable heart, you will quickly know if he is in or out. What if the world actually functioned like this? All war is possibly caused by a this emotional vacancy. By men who were never allowed to express their emotions, their frustrations in a healthy way.

Lead with your heart and speak from that place and stay in your healthy emotional boundary.

Life is too short to not be authentic and true to yourself.

Take care.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/6/2017 11:27:08 AM
When do men decide its a "relationship"

I don't like the above title of this thread...It's not upto men to decide, when to have a relationship? IT'S UPTO A MAN AND A WOMAN TO DECIDE, ON WHEN THEY BECOME A COUPLE...IT TAKE'S TWO TO TANGO
 gtomustang
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/6/2017 4:56:50 PM
"Not to be mistaken for the 'Silent Treatment', which is deadly."

>>>ah, another silent but deadly thing shared by people in a room....and just as unappreciated. Too bad, couples should share.

It is up to both people to come to a conclusion. Cynical to say the last person to make the decision has some sort of control. It takes strength to risk the relationship by asking about its status.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2017 7:50:12 PM

Too bad, couples should share.

I've heard of Dutch Ovens bad enough to end a marriage. Just sayin'...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When do men decide its a "relationship"