Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She dumped me, and she updates her relationship status with another g      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PennyAnte
Msg: 25
view profile
History
She dumped me, and she updates her relationship status with another guy the same dayPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
No. I don't think there is any possibility that you were wrong that she dumped you for the other guy. The facebook date was enough proof for you. You didn't need to ask this question. I'm guessing you just want a different answer than the truth. The truth hurts sometimes. Sorry.

You're so young. You will find plenty of other girls who will dump you for another guy. You don't need to go back to this one for a sure shot.
 TexasMaelstrom
Msg: 26
view profile
History
She dumped me, and she updates her relationship status with another guy the same day
Posted: 5/14/2017 11:07:59 AM
Agree with everyone else here, keep it moving. YOU dodged a bullet. Just means she wasn't the one.
 Tjs83
Msg: 27
She dumped me, and she updates her relationship status with another guy the same day
Posted: 5/18/2017 3:14:40 PM
Keep strong man, there will be someone else that will treat you right.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/18/2017 6:47:26 PM

Now my question: Is there a possibility that I was wrong about the fact that she dumped me for this other fella?

Ummm I think you keep asking this question because you keep getting the answer you don't want to hear. I think the answer you are apparently looking for but will never get is "Yes but it was a mistake" or something to that effect. What it boils down to is you are someone till she finds someone else and if you two had stayed together it would of been a matter of time until that facebook status would of changed to another guy the same exact way as it did before. She sees or saw you as like I said a relationship between relationships and nothing else. You let her know this wasn't good enough for you and she hit the road. Some people in general do this even when ending marriages and they usually don't have relationships or marriages that last. Usually they always got a sideliner and even if they got broken up with today by somebody they would have someone else tomorrow. As we all know you can't start a relationship that fast as in 24 hours so reasoning suggests she was seeing you both at the same time. DUH!
 sugarlandguy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Sounds pretty harry to me.
Posted: 6/12/2017 12:39:10 PM
Advice;

Go to the beach, have a beer, and talk to pretty women.

It's been working since Roman Times.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/12/2017 12:43:12 PM
^^^

Not true ,there was a long period in the 6th century where it didn't work at all

OOPS - did I just reveal my true age ?
 SilverWings2017
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/13/2017 10:12:40 AM

Now my question: Is there a possibility that I was wrong about the fact that she dumped me for this other fella?

No you are not wrong.

The problem with being cheated on we want the cheater to be honest and tell us the truth, but cheaters aren't capable of telling the truth. Even with evidence right in front of your eyes, you still don't want to believe it because you loved her and trusted her. It's hard to believe the reality in front of you when it involves someone you love.

You can't make sense of nonsense.

"I can't do this anymore. I can't trust you"

The cheaters mantra is lie and deny. They will try to turn it around on you. They do this so they can demonize you to justify what they did by projecting all the blame on you.

Harrytheguy, you have a big heart, be careful who you give it to.

It says a lot about you that you were willing to forgive her and take her back, but you mustn't ever do that. You will only get hurt again, and next time it will be worse. I speak from personal experience.
 gtomustang
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/13/2017 10:19:17 AM
well, we don't want the cheater to tell us the truth, we want the cheater to tell us what we wish to hear :) I don't think we want to hear, "yeah, I cheated b/c the other person is less/more XYZ than you, plus I knew I had you bent around my finger so I could get away with it."

or

"well, I cheated b/c...what you think about it just isn't important"

many cheaters are just plain opportunists. they take an option when its offered to them. in other parts of life, that makes them lively and exciting to us. they take risks.
 sugarlandguy
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 10:27:00 PM
"Not true ,there was a long period in the 6th century where it didn't work at all"

Maybe the beach was not the best at that time. Especially along the North African shores and into Spain. But rumor has it that someone was keeping the population going.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 10:49:45 PM
It sure sounds like her relationship with the new guy overlapped with yours. She doesn't want to talk about anything, because she knows what she did. If you're interested in going back with her and trying to validate that by asking if you were wrong, it's up to you if you want to give it another shot, but she already said it wasn't working and she doesn't sound too trustworthy. Could you ever trust her again? Is she worth the anxiety about worrying if she'll do that again?

It's been a while, do you have an update?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/14/2017 6:32:05 AM
"Maybe the beach was not the best at that time. Especially along the North African shores and into Spain. But rumor has it that someone was keeping the population going."

Well, I can't take ALL the credit !

( blushes )
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > She dumped me, and she updates her relationship status with another guy the same day