Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men Over 70      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Men Over 70Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
That was an excerpt from this article about herpes. And yes, women need to also produce proof they are disease free. Why should they be exempt?

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/herpes/en/
 Baron1644
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/20/2017 10:46:23 PM

Americas: 178 million women (49%), 142 million men (39%)
Europe: 207 million women (69%), 187 million men (61%)

Africa: 350 million women (87%), 355 million men (87%)
Eastern Mediterranean: 188 million women (75%), 202 million men (75%)

What does these figures show us? That Caucasian men indulge less in anal sex than Africans.Greeks and Arabs, but we were already aware of those facts.
 Baron1644
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/20/2017 10:48:41 PM

And yes, women need to also produce proof they are disease free. Why should they be exempt?

Are you trying to say that women are not allowed to have sex for up 10 years?
 Baron1644
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/20/2017 10:56:00 PM

I am free of all STD's?"

How do we know, have you avoid from having any physical contact with either female or male over a period of 10 years, and than had a test taken?
 Baron1644
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/20/2017 10:58:26 PM

I want to know a guy doesn't have an std.

Is that the only kind of men you have slept with?
Mind you I am only asking and not accusing.
 Baron1644
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/20/2017 11:03:16 PM

I'd like to weigh in here, at the ripe old age of 72, and having recently become a widower. I don't know how to text, have never used an ATM, and only have my 7 year old cell phone with me when I drive somewhere, in case of an emergency.

I've been told that I look years younger than my actual age, guess it's in the jeans, err, genes (or both ;) ). The phrase, "age is just a number" certainly seems cogent, at least as a general guideline.

In looking at ladies pics on the pof dating site, the age thing seems to be quite individual; some gals just don't take care of themselves, and appear older than their stated ages, while in other cases, I've done double-takes on women who look years younger (now they wouldn't be trying to fool us with old pics, would they?).

On the discussion regarding meeting; personally, I simply want to exchange messages at this point, which I stated in my profile, but have been approached a number of times by ladies wanting to talk on the phone, or hurry up and meet. So it ain't just the guys doing the rush, ladies

BINGO. Why would you want to spend weeks and months waiting, by tomorrow you may be dead.
Once I reached 70 I stopped buying green bananas, for I never knew I be around before they went ripe.
With kicking the bucket there is no ifs, it is when.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/20/2017 11:03:52 PM
That's for herpes, not AIDS. If you don't want to minimize your chances of getting an std, that's up to you. I'm not debating or trying to dictate how you should conduct your life. I'm just saying I want to minimize my chances. I do not want herpes. I've seen several profiles where men said they have herpes. Herpes is real, and it's not curable. 😷💉💊
 from site to sight
Msg: 83
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/21/2017 6:51:03 AM

I've seen several profiles where men said they have herpes.

I find it hard to believe that men would actually put that in their profile. I've never seen a profile from a woman saying she has any kind of STD. Does that mean women are more likely to keep something like that a secret?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/21/2017 11:04:38 AM

I've never seen a profile from a woman saying she has any kind of STD. Does that mean women are more likely to keep something like that a secret?

I have a couple times. Once back in the day when you could search by username and someone posted their name, and another time around where I lived some gal said that. It's weird to do + ineffective. It'd be like a guy saying "I have a 3" penis when fully erect, I just gotta say it now..."

Herpes is real, and it's not curable.

True, but pretty much everyone has it. Maybe not on the genitals, but around another area open to romantic transmission (mouth). And the two main strains, yes, can go in either area (one's just more preferable for each). The one set on the mouth they say is actually a more nagging/effective strain. Not feasibly curable no, but almost all have had little symptoms and stays inactive for pretty much most their lives -- like many viruses that we all have that don't do anything / discovered. HPV is another one pretty much everyone has (even "down there"). Research places say for all practical purposes, it's a mark you're not a virgin. Hundreds of strains, almost all which do zero harm, and go on the skin in all sorts of areas. Most don't really do anything, but a couple strains can potentially cause health problems in women, hence the vaccination for those specific strain(s) out of hundreds.

Your naked body's covered in germs, too. Covered. Bacteria all over the place. You have e. coli, too, which is fine up until a certain point. Chlamydia also can get passed not just in the urethra, but in other mucus membrane areas -- notably in your throat/chest. Back in college campus I had a cough, they said I probably had a bacteria, walk it off, and if I can't, then they'll give the antibiotics (as to not make resistant strains as people aren't so up-to-par to take full regimen). I asked what -- they said Chlamydia -- oh, it's not sexual. Just a common one when bacterial and not viral cough. UTIs -- oh, they're sexually transmittable or non-sexually transmittable. If it's not one of the feisty ones (Chlamydia or Ghon) -- it's OK, you're innocent - lol. Both Chlam & Ghon for someone with a healthy immune system, will go away on it's own (but can take Up to 3 months; ymmv).

Basically if it's due to regular every-day life that's not naughty -- it's OK, don't fret -- no big deal. If it is dealing with sex -- it's magnified to apply the fear factor, to scare, to keep people held back -- due to sex culturally "bad" if not married + an understandable tactic to keep people in check away from Actual Bad ones + the not that bad ones but can be for a really small % of people.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/21/2017 2:59:57 PM
Site to Sight, these guys obviously care more about having sex than that they're revealing they have herpes, and this is what may have gotten them in this position in the first place. I also think there can be liability for the herp perp, if they don't disclose it, then infect someone. I saw these profiles last year. I don't remember exactly what they said, but do recall one guy stating statists. He made light of it by saying x (amount) people in x (amount) people have it. I don't recall the figures he used. I don't think these few men revealing it means men reveal it all the time. I'm sure there are both men and women that hide it.

NG, yes, bacteria is everywhere, but I still don't want herpes and think it's a big deal to get it. I do know it can be present anyplace on the body. I knew someone that had it on his back.
 ohenryx
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/21/2017 10:07:42 PM
^^^^ Do you know that you don't have it? I mean, 100% sure, positive, beyond a doubt, that you don't have it? If you haven't been tested specifically for that virus, you would have no way of knowing. Many, many people DO have it, and don't know it, as they have never shown symptoms.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/21/2017 11:48:30 PM
I'm 100% sure I have no stds, that includes herpes. I got tested for stds after divorcing and have not had unprotected sex. I take this very seriously. Herpes is rampant, as are other diseases. I'm trying my best to remain disease free. I've never had an std, and I don't want to start now.
 spot4username
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/22/2017 5:37:44 AM
^
So YOU are 100% sure but could be 100% wrong.
Having protected sex does NOT mean you are 100% protected.
https://www.stdcheck.com/blog/stds-you-can-get-while-wearing-a-condom/ < just one of thousands of links that say the same thing
Please inform yourself and get tested regularly. If you are having sex you should be getting tested (the full gamut) at least once a year depending on the number of partners - using a condom or not.
Many STDs and STIs are rampant because people are willfully ignorant. There is no excuse in this day and age.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 89
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/22/2017 6:32:10 AM

Having protected sex does NOT mean you are 100% protected.

100% troof.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/22/2017 7:57:46 PM
Spot, your link isn't viable anymore. I do understand that a condom doesn't cover the whole genital area if that's what you mean.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/22/2017 7:59:43 PM
I am with you Newyorker 58. I get tested every year, even though I have had no sexual partners. I figure that if a man does not care about his own sexual health, he certainly will not give a damn about mine.
 spot4username
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/22/2017 8:01:46 PM

Spot, your link isn't viable anymore.

Double checked the url - works fine for me
https://www.stdcheck.com/blog/stds-you-can-get-while-wearing-a-condom/
 NewYorker58
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/22/2017 8:03:15 PM
^^^^^I agree. Stds aren't what they used to be, LOL. Now they can stay with you forever or kill you.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/22/2017 8:08:14 PM
Spot, thank you. I tried again and it worked. I did know about the lamb skin and how it can still transmit STDs.
 ohenryx
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/23/2017 11:14:49 AM
So, going back to my original point, NewYorker stated

I'm 100% sure I have no stds, that includes herpes. I got tested for stds after divorcing and have not had unprotected sex.

I reiterate, for emphasis, now that others have jumped in and verified what I originally said:

If you have not been tested, specifically, and recently, for herpes simplex 2 then you do NOT know if you are completely free of all STDs.

If you are having sex, at all, with anyone, with or without protection, you should get tested annually.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/23/2017 12:41:40 PM
The guy I was dating just got out of a long-term live in relationship, "said" he did get tested for stds, if that is to be believed, and I was the first person he dated. With all that's being said, I may get tested again.

Henry, being it can be transmitted orally, which is simplex 1, you can get herpes in the genital area from 1.

Holy F*ck! From this article: Genital herpes is common in the United States. More than one out of every six people aged 14 to 49 years have genital herpes.

https://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes.htm
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/23/2017 2:37:50 PM

Holy F*ck! From this article: Genital herpes is common in the United States. More than one out of every six people aged 14 to 49 years have genital herpes.

It's probably higher than that when incorporating HS1, which, as you point out can be oral too (and either non-oral + non-genital). So if one has HS1 but not HS2, it doesn't mean their technically genitally clear of the Herp "down there". All you can say about that is "No symptoms, you should be good".
 Baron1644
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/31/2017 10:26:25 PM

I'm 100% sure I have no stds, that includes herpes. I got tested for stds after divorcing and have not had unprotected sex. I take this very seriously. Herpes is rampant, as are other diseases. I'm trying my best to remain disease free. I've never had an std, and I don't want to start now.

Are you 100%.
Nothing is 100% sure. see the link.
https://www.stdcheck.com/blog/stds-you-can-get-while-wearing-a-condom/
 NewYorker58
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 10/31/2017 11:05:00 PM
A lot of that has to do with visual sores for syph or genital warts that you can see. I do not want genital warts. I put in an effort to try and stay safe. I don't think I would be out there trying to date anyone anymore and to have sex with them if I got one of these unfixable diseases. That's why it's so important to not get one, but also they are a disease and who wants a disease, fixable or not.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 100
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/1/2017 11:39:51 AM
You know, it's funny seeing all of this "OMG!! Protect yourself!!! It's too risky!!" stuff pertaining to sex from women, yet they will encourage a man to dive head first into marriage with a woman he's "in love" with.

Interesting.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men Over 70