Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men Over 70      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Men Over 70Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
What is wrong with a person with a disease wanting to date, fall in love, etc.? Being open about it is a good thing, why would you complain about it, be worried about those who lie about being clean (for lack of a better word) but are not. If you really want to be safe, get tested together, find out the results together. But beware, a person can have an STD but not have it showed up at the time of testing. Looking for sores is fine but that won't always work. Many people don't know they have a disease. As for finding out you don't have a disease, pure luck in almost all cases, even if you don't behave in risky sexual practices doesn't mean the other person(s) isn't. I worked in an AIDS testing clinic for three years, people lie, you can't believe how much they lie.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/1/2017 2:59:46 PM
Pig, I don't think every man and every woman should be married. Some people should say no to marriage, because they are not good marital partners, but it doesn't stop them from wanting to be married and still want to have kids.

You've got a cute little friend there in the new picture with you. Did the mouthless mask help with possibly curbing things you might have ordinarily said, LOL?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 103
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/1/2017 3:16:40 PM

Pig, I don't think every man and every woman should be married. Some people should say no to marriage, because they are not good marital partners, but it doesn't stop them from wanting to be married and still want to have kids.

Wonderful. But here's the thing - how often do you hear women preaching about the risks and dangers of getting married as they do about sex and the possibility of catching a disease? How many women sit down with their sons and tell them all about how they can be ruined by marrying?

You've got a cute little friend there in the new picture with you. Did the mouthless mask help with possibly curbing things you might have ordinarily said, LOL?

Pfft. Bunny rabbits are cute. This chick was a bombshell. The body on her...holy shit.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/1/2017 8:37:48 PM
(Above.)

Try to identify the feeling under the anger, Hon.

(Above that.)

You seem to be drawn to men who treat you poorly. Please be nicer to yourself :)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 105
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/2/2017 8:07:55 AM
Anger? I've never been married and have never had to deal with the misery so many others have had to endure in a marriage, but yes, watch out world, I'm a walking time bomb as a result of it.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 106
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/2/2017 11:21:59 AM
If your prospective partner is unwilling to sign a prenup, don't marry that person.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/2/2017 3:17:52 PM
Pig, that is a real sticking point with me that parents don't sit a child down, both male and female, and talk about one of the biggest things in their life that they are going to sign a contract over that can be a disaster for them emotionally and financially.

The picture isn't great of Miss Cutie Patootie, and I can't see the bod, but I take your word for it that she is the💣! Would it be indelicate or inappropriate for me to ask if you tried to take her or did take her back to your sty?🐷🐷🐷🐷

The funny thing about prenups is that people of middle-income probably think that they are not of the income level where they need to do a prenup, when in actuality, they have the most to lose that they can't afford to lose💸💸💸💸
 gtomustang
Msg: 108
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/2/2017 4:39:54 PM
"try to identify the feeling under the anger, Hon"

>>Could be worse, his screen name could be Arlo T and have the shrews stand up to his comments :)

but yes, the lass in his photo does look amazing from what little we can see. and by "We", I mean we conn-e-sewers of women--we can spot a pretty face by just seeing one detail. She reminds me a little of the actress from "Crossing Jordan" and I think she was a DA in Law and Order for a while...can't remember her name at the moment, likely after my 15 minutes of edit is up. That actress was physically attractive AND sassy. Nice to have the whole package.

"Pig, that is a real sticking point with me that parents don't sit a child down, both male and female, and talk about one of the biggest things in their life that they are going to sign a contract over that can be a disaster for them emotionally and financially."

>>>parents don't help children much by teaching them to ACT nice, rather than what it takes to actually BE nice people. Children who can see from example how to be financially secure, likely tend to hook up with partners who have the same self respect for their own money--knowing that money is just a tool in life.

the healthier the partner...the healthier the relationship. unless one's just lookin' to get some.

NewYorker58
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/2/2017 7:44:28 PM
Mustang, I'm not familiar with those shows or that actress, but I was thinking she looked familiar like someone I have seen before. I was watching Johnny Carson the other day, and Victoria Principal was on in her pre Dallas days when she was just a kid. I think she looks like Victoria Principal prior to any cosmetic procedures. I could put the url in for the picture I had in mind, but it's a long Google url, then the Pig would have a fit, LOL. Really, I don't want to stretch out the page anyway. I'll try this. It's the pic on the right.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/115940.jpg
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 110
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/2/2017 8:20:56 PM
I didn't see any resemblance to Victoria Principal. If I were to compare her with a celebrity, I'd say she looks more like a young Linda Ronstadt.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/2/2017 8:48:39 PM
Yeah, I see a resemblance.

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2013/10/linda-ronstadt-parkinsons-listening-singing
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 112
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/3/2017 4:42:57 AM

Pig, that is a real sticking point with me that parents don't sit a child down, both male and female, and talk about one of the biggest things in their life that they are going to sign a contract over that can be a disaster for them emotionally and financially.

I come from a gigantic family, and never saw a single example of a happily married couple. That's all it took for me.

The picture isn't great of Miss Cutie Patootie

I had a hard time keeping the camera still. She kept laughing at the things I was saying every time she put her hand on my shoulder before taking the picture, which caused me to shake. We talked for a bit, but some dude eventually came up and told her she needed to sign in for the costume contest. I have no idea if it was her boyfriend or not.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/3/2017 11:09:27 AM
Pig, were your parents happily married? My parents were, as well as aunts and uncles. Maybe if I saw unhappiness thru marriage it would have colored my feelings. I did see my 2 best gfs have fathers that spent many hours in their local old man bars. My age at that time was 10+. I attributed it to bad husbands. They were also cheating. I didn't correlate it to the act of marriage. The wives seemed nice. My dad and male relatives didn't reside in bars. My parents showed parents come before the kids. They showed us a good marriage and how well they worked together. They never argued, never disrespected each other. Even if I don't get married again, I'm not looking for that, I will be dedicated to whoever I'm with. Now that I'm older, I view having a good marriage being like a crapshoot. I see quite a few guys listing intent here as being married. For the most part, they look like they're in bad shape physically, men that would find it hard to find a date.

Making someone laugh is powerful. I used to like that I could make my ex-h laugh uncontrollably. I don't know that I'm that funny, but I would feed into what made him laugh. I remember just giving him a certain look in the movie theater, and getting him going, and him trying to stop. Those were good memories.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 114
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/3/2017 11:28:56 AM
Not everyone who doesn't want to be married (or remarried) comes from a family with a history of unhappy marriages. Not all people who don't want to be married are male.

There are a myriad of reasons why some people are put off by marriage---e.g. they don't want to marry for financial reasons, they don't want children, their jobs or lifestyles require extensive travel, etc., etc.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/3/2017 12:21:57 PM
Another experience, for what it's worth: From the time I was a child, the idea of marriage terrified me because I thought, what if I were to change my mind afterward? I finally did get married in my late thirties, and... you guessed it.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 116
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/3/2017 1:51:12 PM
Exactly. So, not only do you have to worry about your own mind changing, there's another mind in the equation that could change.

Weeeeeeeeee! Sounds like so much fun. Where do I sign up?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/3/2017 9:35:20 PM
I can show you how to sign up, follow me

You get your county marriage license, then pay the Catholic church their fees, and wave goodbye to your money Then when you become one of the 50% that gets divorced you go back to the church and maybe try for an annulment like I did if you wanted to get married in the Catholic church again, and then they tell you it's going to be several hundred dollars to get an annulment at which time in your mind you say FU, and just don't get married in the church anymore if they want to be like that
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 118
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/3/2017 10:38:04 PM

I can show you how to sign up, follow me

Someone needs to show you how to use the emoticons in moderation. Holy shit.
 gtomustang
Msg: 119
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/3/2017 11:13:13 PM
NY, Jill Hennessy was the actress I was thinking of. Its the hourglass-shaped nose. Pig, I can understand the reaction. At least she was happy she could unsettle your cool :)

a good ingredient in marriage, is friendship. but we already have a post about friends first. For some, marriage is a limitation on what they want or desire in life, for others...its an addition to what they seek in life.

Laughter is fun to share, there's so many types of humor, we can find one person we share it with and another who doesn't like that form of humor.

ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 120
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/4/2017 9:57:47 AM

Jill Hennessy

Mega hawt.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/4/2017 1:05:27 PM
Mustang, I see a slight resemblance with some of her pics. I was reluctant to call it cute, but it was to see a woman make the Pig's heart go a flutter☺

Pig, guys are visual, and some don't like to read, and maybe some can't read. I just read a profile where the guy said he doesn't want women that are lyres and theaves.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 122
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/4/2017 1:25:14 PM

Its the hourglass-shaped nose.

Hourglass-shaped nose? WTH?? ⌛
 purplerider1200
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/4/2017 3:19:56 PM
Ahh yes, the catholic church. Where a fool and their money is soon parted.

I've puzzled over them for years. How can a priest pledge a life of poverty- yet drive a new Cadillac? Pledge celibacy. Yet I know a convent near me where a good many knocked up nuns go to have their babies. A farm owned and run by them- with the latest and greatest large farm equipment. (Not a bit of it older than two years old) That ask for their fair share- Of your paycheck. (5% is nominal, and expected)

Of course you'll pay for an annulment. Because they can get away with it. They have guilted you into believing that their way is the only way- and you must pay for it. (Didn't ya know you gotta pay yer way into heaven?)

These comments are brought to you by an ex-catholic who was asked as a kid to cough up 100% of his paper route profits as a proper weekly donation.
(They got a 100% of nothing from me)
 gtomustang
Msg: 124
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/4/2017 3:29:14 PM
1) yeah, Hennessy's got it. If you like pretty women who fail to follow the rules yet are good at what they do, I recommend the old "Crossing Jordan" re-reruns. She made the clichés in that show worth it

2)"hourglass shaped nose?"

>>>HS, check out the lady in Pig's profile, behind him at Halloween, and draw lines from the bridge of her nose, ie, her eyebrows, to where her nostrils flare out. See how the bridge of her nose tapers in, like a classic hourglass waist?

its a guy-visual thing :)

3) Catholic Church--Amen, brother. Went to Catholic schools.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Men Over 70
Posted: 11/4/2017 3:51:08 PM
Purple, I didn't pay the ransom to get the annulment. I was pretty ticked off! I assumed there would be paperwork, and they would require $, but they were asking too much. My next husband, about 16 years later, he was a Christian, but not a Catholic, so then extra glad I didn't waste my money. Good for you for not giving them money! I can't believe they wanted paper delivery money! That's awful!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men Over 70