Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > slept with a girl from work...bad idea      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 48
slept with a girl from work...bad ideaPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

There are factors involved so I agree that you can't necessarily make a blanket statement that covers every situation, but the relationships that work out are the exception, not the rule.

Perhaps. But that might be true regardless of where 2 people meet. Suppose you went out with someone that you met from a mutual friend and it ended badly. That might cause some awkwardness between you and your friend.
 gtomustang
Msg: 49
slept with a girl from work...bad idea
Posted: 7/27/2017 5:51:20 PM
good point ^^^ I had a hot friend mention one time she doesn't set up her hot female friends w/ the nice guys she knows, b/c well...she knows how its going to turn out. I didn't ask if that was a reference to me :) But I get what she's saying, she knows her friends and what they like and knows a first date won't turn out well with a guy her friends aren't looking for. I had another friend tell me she wasn't going to hook me up with one of her friends b/c that friend was just a hot mess...she wasn't worried about how the friend was going to react, but how I was :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 50
view profile
History
slept with a girl from work...bad idea
Posted: 7/27/2017 8:13:17 PM

Suppose you went out with someone that you met from a mutual friend and it ended badly. That might cause some awkwardness between you and your friend.

I think that's a good measuring stick when it comes to getting involved at work. Most work places don't have any official rules about not going out with others. But I think, like having mutual friends or being in a shared social group -- warnings will be often brought up to re-state the Obvious.

Heck, it's one of the reasons why some people LIKE online dating. Meeting someone through mutual friends in a social circle -- that can end up getting weird if things get weird between you two, ya know? I don't think it's worth avoiding -- you just get into another gear with the understanding of your surroundings and don't wig out, where one of your Top priority is not to rock the environmental boat... just as much as to impress said guy/gal. Treating the other, once crossing that platonic line, the same as if you met them online -- that's where damage can be done.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > slept with a girl from work...bad idea