Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Why is there human life on earth?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 101
Why is there human life on earth?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Forumslady,
That's a lovely example of how we learn and develope.
Infants may have a sense of "self", but until they learn enough vocabulary, they can't express it, - and probably don't care.

I personally don't view God as a simple answer for anything, but a rather complex one. Nothing is easy as a believer.
Remaining seizure free for over 20 years wasn't just by healing myself, but also through my unwavering faith.

I don't expect most to accept that. I also don't expect most to solve differential calculus, let alone in their minds.

Meowzing,
Contrary to the allegations of a previous, hate-filled believer, I'm not a "cruel" person, neither does being an atheist condemn me to a miserable life.
I'm filled with wonder, and curiosity at the world.
It's not my place to try and "convert" anyone.

Religions are like the "training wheels" on the "bike" of life.
The truth is, you're already "balancing", by yourself.

But it's something you have to figure out by yourself too.
It never ceases to amaze me, that people attribute the survival of a single person from a disaster, as a "miracle", and attribute that to "god",
but choose to ignore the deaths of many other thousands, in the same disaster, as also being "his work".
It's an example of "confirmation bias", coupled with "cognitive dissonance".

Theologians have become very adept at "rationalising" these apparent discrepancies, as the "mystery" of "god",
-because they really have no logical answers.

I have no wish to "kick away anyone's crutch", or make someone fall down.
I think the "balancing" analogy is a good one, because you can only balance, if you believe that you can balance.
(Gravity can be such a b1tch, sometimes )
If you can't do that, without the "props", then carry on.

As others have also mentioned, the key thing is positive thinking.
It's just a different sort of "faith".

The problems which religious beliefs cause, on a wider scale, are more pernicious, and not at all personally beneficial.
Homosexuality, abortion, stem-cell research, and gender equality being some of the more obvious examples.

Current "abrahamic" monotheistic beliefs take their ideology from the "Old Testament", which is filled with incitements to tribal religious violence,
and direct instructions from "god" to kill your wife , if she turns out not to have been a "virgin" on you wedding night,
or your children, if they "disobey you",
or any societies which don't worship the same "god".

The bible is very explicit about these instructions.
It's violent, patriarchal, misogynist, tribal, superstitious drivel,
written at a time when mankind knew very little about what caused the seemingly random disasters they had to cope with.

Positive thoughts: cool beans.

But the ideological dogma, espoused by the "holy books", really has no place in a logical, modern, technologically-advanced society.
No offence.
Jmo
Have a nice day.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 102
Why is there human life on earth?
Posted: 5/25/2017 8:26:16 AM
We're here because a long time ago ALIENS came here and mixed their own DNA with monkey DNA .

I saw it on a show called " Ancient Aliens ".

So, there you go.

Next topic, PLEASE !
 meowzing
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/25/2017 8:59:50 AM
Jo Van- I do not believe in the social constructs of religion, nor believe in all the teachings of quite antiquated texts. I believe that ANYONE can go to heaven whether a homosexual (from your list), or a suicide bomber (trying to think of something really horrible). I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. With that said I too agree that what ever anyone believes its a personal choice.

Just like Butterchickenchuck believes that Aliens mixed their DNA with monkeys. That's his choice and right to believe.

I have been watching the BBC series about science, and even have friends now watching it with me.
The BBC usually has such wonderful programming, unlike the average American broadcast :)
Live and lets learn...

ox'
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/25/2017 9:04:32 AM
" Just like Butterchickenchuck believes that Aliens mixed their DNA with monkeys "

It was on a TV SHOW , therefore it's a FACT !

Why wouldn't I believe in a FACT ?
 meowzing
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/25/2017 9:59:04 AM
http://www.psypost.org/2017/04/study-finds-belief-aliens-religious-belief-share-similar-psychological-motivation-48675

^ Thought you might enjoy this link sweetness, being it supports your personal philosophies.
 2plunk
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2017 6:18:24 PM
T o the OP
The evolution of Matter
The more I think about the generality of the notion, the more I’m leaning towards evolution.
However--We / humans have a hard time separating ourselves from any discussion of evolution.
The answer is not about human evolution—OP, ‘life’ on earth –well put..

I think what we are witnessing is the evolution of matter.
An evolution of building block creating more and more complex structures.
The more complex the structure the more able it is to, communicate.

So why is there life on earth—
It’s because matter has a predisposition to attract or repeal.
If matter attracts matter, - the result is 1+1=3 the sum being greater than the whole.
Particle # 1 is still there-- particle # 2 is still there—1+1—the third-- 3 –the trinity—the triangle is an affect of the collision / new energy—or as I like to call it communication.
Hydro communicates with Oxy—we get water..
Water is now a more complex state and better able to communicate and so on it goes…...
—Matter evolves. –

We are going to find life in ‘every’ nook and cranny of the Universe.
There will be all kinds of chatter..
 tommyfiend
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/29/2017 9:07:15 AM

Meowzing, Contrary to the allegations of a previous, hate-filled believer, I'm not a "cruel" person, neither does being an atheist condemn me to a miserable life.
I'm filled with wonder, and curiosity at the world.
It's not my place to try and "convert" anyone

For people to believe that you were not “cruel” they would have to ignore what you have repeatedly said about the religious... which is that they are delusional and weak ...all of them... you even called them all more or less mentally ill.

But worse...you have said that the “crutch of religion” should be removed...even from those who are happy being religious... as many are in fact happy believing in God.

And gee what a surprise you lie about trying to “convert” anyone. You have repeatedly said...over and over....that people should just say not to religion and that the religious should open their eyes. I.e.... you insist everybody see things the way you see them. If that is not attempting to convert, what is it?

You also continue to blast the “Abrahamic” religions and the bible, completely ignoring the fact that many who believe in God or a greater power...reject the bible and organized religion in whole or in part.

And of course you blast Catholics because you are so angry with and obsessed over Priests guilty of raping young boys. Of course the priests should be ostracized... but you blame every member of the religion for those deviants. I still contend you are totally fuked up in the head because you were a victim of those priests. There has to be something that explains your obsessive hatred of religion and the religious. Most atheists simply choose to be nonbelievers... that’s not good enough for you though...you want to convert everybody into seeing things the way you do.... so they too can feel your outrage and disgust at what happened to you. So sad.
 meowzing
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/29/2017 2:11:03 PM
^ I wasn't going to be the one who pointed out the obvious dislike of the spiritual in these forums. I've been called everything from delusional to things I refuse to repeat (even by some of the posters in this thread- the does God exist thread is still here even though it has been closed).

I can take a beating standing firm on the foundations of Christ who was in this world before me, and who will be again after me. Why is human life here on earth? I still enjoy hearing the opinions of others even if they don't want to hear mine.

Post 3598 from that closed thread. Oh my I can read...

This particularly applies to the atheist fundamentalist also.

Who are either unwilling or unable to see the truth even when the facts are presented.

And what are the facts you ask ?

Here is just a few for example.

Another finely tuned constant is the strong nuclear force (the force that holds atoms together). The Sun "burns" by fusing hydrogen (and higher elements) together. When the two hydrogen atoms fuse, 0.7% of the mass of the hydrogen is converted into energy. If the amount of matter converted were slightly smaller—0.6% instead of 0.7%— a proton could not bond to a neutron, and the universe would consist only of hydrogen. With no heavy elements, there would be no rocky planets and no life. If the amount of matter converted were slightly larger—0.8%, fusion would happen so readily and rapidly that no hydrogen would have survived from the Big Bang. Again, there would be no solar systems and no life. The number must lie exactly between 0.6% and 0.8% (Martin Rees, Just Six Numbers).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fine Tuning Parameters for the Universe
1.strong nuclear force constant
if larger: no hydrogen would form; atomic nuclei for most life-essential elements would be unstable; thus, no life chemistry
if smaller: no elements heavier than hydrogen would form: again, no life chemistry
2.weak nuclear force constant
if larger: too much hydrogen would convert to helium in big bang; hence, stars would convert too much matter into heavy elements making life chemistry impossible
if smaller: too little helium would be produced from big bang; hence, stars would convert too little matter into heavy elements making life chemistry impossible
3.gravitational force constant
if larger: stars would be too hot and would burn too rapidly and too unevenly for life chemistry
if smaller: stars would be too cool to ignite nuclear fusion; thus, many of the elements needed for life chemistry would never form
4.electromagnetic force constant
if greater: chemical bonding would be disrupted; elements more massive than boron would be unstable to fission
if lesser: chemical bonding would be insufficient for life chemistry
5.ratio of electromagnetic force constant to gravitational force constant
if larger: all stars would be at least 40% more massive than the sun; hence, stellar burning would be too brief and too uneven for life support
if smaller: all stars would be at least 20% less massive than the sun, thus incapable of producing heavy elements
6.ratio of electron to proton mass
if larger: chemical bonding would be insufficient for life chemistry
if smaller: same as above
7.ratio of number of protons to number of electrons
if larger: electromagnetism would dominate gravity, preventing galaxy, star, and planet formation
8.expansion rate of the universe
if larger: no galaxies would form
if smaller: universe would collapse, even before stars formed
9.entropy level of the universe
if larger: stars would not form within proto-galaxies
if smaller: no proto-galaxies would form
10.mass density of the universe
if larger: overabundance of deuterium from big bang would cause stars to burn rapidly, too rapidly for life to form
if smaller: insufficient helium from big bang would result in a shortage of heavy elements
11.velocity of light
if faster: stars would be too luminous for life support if slower: stars would be insufficiently luminous for life support
12.age of the universe
if older: no solar-type stars in a stable burning phase would exist in the right (for life) part of the galaxy
if younger: solar-type stars in a stable burning phase would not yet have formed
13.initial uniformity of radiation
if more uniform: stars, star clusters, and galaxies would not have formed
if less uniform: universe by now would be mostly black holes and empty space
14.average distance between galaxies
if larger: star formation late enough in the history of the universe would be hampered by lack of material
if smaller: gravitational tug-of-wars would destabilize the sun's orbit
15.density of galaxy cluster
if denser: galaxy collisions and mergers would disrupt the sun's orbit
if less dense: star formation late enough in the history of the universe would be hampered by lack of material
16.average distance between stars
if larger: heavy element density would be too sparse for rocky planets to form
if smaller: planetary orbits would be too unstable for life
17.fine structure constant (describing the fine-structure splitting of spectral lines) if larger: all stars would be at least 30% less massive than the sun
if larger than 0.06: matter would be unstable in large magnetic fields
if smaller: all stars would be at least 80% more massive than the sun
18.decay rate of protons
if greater: life would be exterminated by the release of radiation
if smaller: universe would contain insufficient matter for life
19.12C to 16O nuclear energy level ratio
if larger: universe would contain insufficient oxygen for life
if smaller: universe would contain insufficient carbon for life
20.ground state energy level for 4He
if larger: universe would contain insufficient carbon and oxygen for life
21.decay rate of 8Be
if slower: heavy element fusion would generate catastrophic explosions in all the stars
if faster: no element heavier than beryllium would form; thus, no life chemistry
22.ratio of neutron mass to proton mass
if higher: neutron decay would yield too few neutrons for the formation of many life-essential elements
if lower: neutron decay would produce so many neutrons as to collapse all stars into neutron stars or black holes
23.initial excess of nucleons over anti-nucleons
if greater: radiation would prohibit planet formation
if lesser: matter would be insufficient for galaxy or star formation
24.polarity of the water molecule
if greater: heat of fusion and vaporization would be too high for life
if smaller: heat of fusion and vaporization would be too low for life; liquid water would not work as a solvent for life chemistry; ice would not float, and a runaway freeze-up would result
25.supernovae eruptions
if too close, too frequent, or too late: radiation would exterminate life on the planet
if too distant, too infrequent, or too soon: heavy elements would be too sparse for rocky planets to form
26.white dwarf binaries
if too few: insufficient fluorine would exist for life chemistry
if too many: planetary orbits would be too unstable for life
if formed too soon: insufficient fluorine production
if formed too late: fluorine would arrive too late for life chemistry
27.ratio of exotic matter mass to ordinary matter mass
if larger: universe would collapse before solar-type stars could form
if smaller: no galaxies would form
28.number of effective dimensions in the early universe
if larger: quantum mechanics, gravity, and relativity could not coexist; thus, life would be impossible
if smaller: same result
29.number of effective dimensions in the present universe
if smaller: electron, planet, and star orbits would become unstable
if larger: same result
30.mass of the neutrino
if smaller: galaxy clusters, galaxies, and stars would not form
if larger: galaxy clusters and galaxies would be too dense
31.big bang ripples
if smaller: galaxies would not form; universe would expand too rapidly
if larger: galaxies/galaxy clusters would be too dense for life; black holes would dominate; universe would collapse before life-site could form
32.size of the relativistic dilation factor
if smaller: certain life-essential chemical reactions will not function properly
if larger: same result
33.uncertainty magnitude in the Heisenberg uncertainty principle
if smaller: oxygen transport to body cells would be too small and certain life-essential elements would be unstable
if larger: oxygen transport to body cells would be too great and certain life-essential elements would be unstable
34.cosmological constant
if larger: universe would expand too quickly .

The physical laws of the universe do not change to suit a bunch of improbable and unlikely theories.

But even still the crackpot atheist scientist & some believers will clutch at straws and anything else nonsensical to maintain their attack on the idea of a creator.

In doing this these atheists have become bigger hyppocrites than the hyppocrites they
 LOLTrump
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/29/2017 6:25:12 PM

Another finely tuned constant is the strong nuclear force (the force that holds atoms together). The Sun "burns" by fusing hydrogen (and higher elements) together. When the two hydrogen atoms fuse, 0.7% of the mass of the hydrogen is converted into energy. If the amount of matter converted were slightly smaller—0.6% instead of 0.7%— a proton could not bond to a neutron, and the universe would consist only of hydrogen. With no heavy elements, there would be no rocky planets and no life. If the amount of matter converted were slightly larger—0.8%, fusion would happen so readily and rapidly that no hydrogen would have survived from the Big Bang. Again, there would be no solar systems and no life.

So speculation on what would happen if this did not do this or not do that means nothing when they never actually do those things.

So the fact that constants are constant only means that constants are constant, not that someone built them that way.

The universe does not know that something needs to be between X & Y as math is an invention of man not the universe.

The reason why it is, is because it is, and the fact that it is was not because someone made it so, it was because that was the way it is.

The physical laws of the universe do not change to suit a bunch of improbable and unlikely theories.

Correct, as that is why things like creationism get tossed out with the trash, as they are improbable and highly unlikely.

But even still the crackpot atheist scientist & some believers will clutch at straws and anything else nonsensical to maintain their attack on the idea of a creator.

Quality irony and massively disingenuous.

In doing this these atheists have become bigger hyppocrites than the hyppocrites they

I will take "Projecting" for $400 Alex.
 meowzing
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/29/2017 7:17:51 PM
^ All of what you have referenced was from post #3598 from the thread I referenced. I added it here to simply add another point of few other than my own. That's what this thread is all about.

Peace to all :) and thank you kindly for your addition.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/29/2017 8:16:27 PM

^ All of what you have referenced was from post #3598 from the thread I referenced. I added it here to simply add another point of few other than my own. That's what this thread is all about.

I replied to highlight the flaws in the post.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2017 5:13:14 PM
Dammit. A quick scan suggests to me that a few are bringing at least some degree of clear-headedness and right-attitude, but I just can't catch up and jump in. Dammit. I'm glad though. And I swear that I'll eventually say what I was thinking about in the other thread...eventually. Arg.

I can at least throw this one in real quick:

Lyinjovan

Perhaps...but you miss the point, which is there is much we do not know..that the universe so mysterious so awe inspiring that perhaps only God could have created it. ..perhaps...So although consciousness is not absolute proof of god, it is enough of a mystery to suggest it arises out of and from god..

Except that...why does consciousness need to arise out of a god? Let's forget the part where you say that since the universe is so mysterious and awe inspiring that perhaps only god could have created it...but let's focus for a moment on that part where you say that consciousness needs to have arisen from a god. Let alone that this is so because of the fact that it's a mystery...

...I think this is born of that bad habit of needing some kind of 'thing' before we can have another thing, to 'come from it'. Why do we have to have some kind of god in order to have consciousness come from it? What exactly do you mean by 'god' anyway?

(meowzing's understanding of 'fine-tuning' and what meowzing thinks that it means)

This is simply an abstract-ish demonstration of a certain dynamic. These are metronomes. The table upon which they rest is free to move, and it represents any way by which the others affect each other. Watch and think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v5eBf2KwF8

And before you say something about "but what about the people who started the metronomes in the first place" - der, same process. Same dynamic taking place in another way. Possibly, at least.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2017 8:28:33 AM
The carbon-based infestation -as V-ger described man -has certainly not been good for the Earth, but that is due to the fact that our "purpose" is to be more than just a life form on Earth.
The capabilities of the minds or brains, etc., of other life forms on Earth are generally balanced with the capabilities of their bodies.
Man, however, can imagine doing things which far exceed the present capabilities of their bodies -and have even begun self-evolution and self-design.
Man generally (not considering more powerful natural forces) has dominion over the Earth, but may also take away that dominion and all other life.
In other words, man has the power to maintain or destroy an entire planet.
Regardless of how one believes it may or may not happen, man is on earth so that they may increase in dominion over the universe - and to learn that unless we use our dominion correctly, we will lose it and will not live to accomplish our purpose.
We must also learn to make life enjoyable while being responsible - otherwise there is no point in taking this chaos into the universe.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/3/2017 11:17:55 AM

The carbon-based infestation -as V-ger described man -has certainly not been good for the Earth, but that is due to the fact that our "purpose" is to be more than just a life form on Earth.

How has the Earth been negatively affected by our presence and what are the results of that?
 meowzing
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/3/2017 7:43:00 PM
^We could start with the extinction of animal, and plant species. How about pollution? Nuclear radiation? Giant holes left in the earth from mining? Over fishing the oceans? Global warming maybe? Take your pick; you always seem to have an answer.
 Inicia
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/13/2017 5:42:47 AM
I believe that ANYONE can go to heaven whether a homosexual (from your list), or a suicide bomber (trying to think of something really horrible). I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. With that said I too agree that what ever anyone believes its a personal choice.
with your stated damage to earth and global problems of earth. as extinction of all takes place earth will follow its trajectory and heal or not~ maybe collide with an asteroid,or inch closer to the sun, yet cycles continue..

Many people do not even consider a heaven. Often are insulted when that curse is on them they have no interest in going to heaven, a promise after ending this present of existence, and are not living an existence for heaven. But live an existence that is the utopia of now, affecting change for the now.

Jesus explains that heaven > 1/3 parts:2/3 pharisee, or AS A PREGNANT WOMB SWOLLEN WITH YEAST, explains that pharisees have tainted the yeast with contributions not present in that conceptual context. we all take what we can wherever we find it. Yes, not giving the verses paragraphs and books. look it up for self. If you can find a KJV on mozilla firefox.. good luck lol.

take a deep breath kick back and enjoy the ride.. grate full dead Hell in a bucket, and acdc highway to hell might answer a bit
Ozzy Ozbourn Crazy Train
https://www.google.com/search?q=ani+difranco+official+lyrics+red+letter+year&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 Ani diFranco, put the site because a web search for the others did not provide written lyrics.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/13/2017 9:49:46 AM

^We could start with the extinction of animal, and plant species. How about pollution? Nuclear radiation? Giant holes left in the earth from mining? Over fishing the oceans? Global warming maybe? Take your pick; you always seem to have an answer.

Well for one, extinctions are a product of evolution not mankind, which is why 99.9% of everything that has ever been alive is not extinct.

Has man accelerated those things? yep, but so have other animals within their own ecosystems as well.

So circle back to, has the Earth been negatively impacted.

From the perspective of the Earth, no it has not, as any or all of these changes will not matter to the Earth, but only the living things that inhabit it.

As the Earth changes the living things so suitable to adaptable to the environment will be the one that will carry forward until said time when they are not longer a good match.
 aremeself
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2017 8:25:56 PM
Evolution has never been properly documented.
Its stories upon stories, forever changing and twisted to fit the cause.
What's the cause?
To eliminate a creator.
Evo is a collection of hodge podge ideas put together with big words to make it sound smart.
Its just a bunch of unproven ideas to make their side look smart.
Its finally somewhere for them to go and look intelligent.
They are blind to the truth.
They got their little evo game.
And
For them its the only game.
All the talk about a fine tuned universe goes right over their heads cause THEY DONT WANT A CREATOR AT ALL COSTS.
They come up with multiverse, with a straight face.
I mean,
Whoever heard of such a thing.
They can't explain one thing, so they say that there are an infinet amount of them.
Here's one,
Junk DNA.
This one goes two ways,
There's still a large clamoring of turkeys voting that there is still a lot of junk DNA.
Because,
THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IT DOES.
Then the ones that have figured somethins up are of course saying that its SCIENCE THAT FIGURED IT OUT.
THERE ARE NO HISTORICAL EVOLUTIONARY PATHWAYS IN GENETICS.
In other words no smoking guns.

There is something out there that is actually compounding their blindness.
Anyone may believe what they want.
But
The proposed evidence will continue to get scrutinized.
Come up with one smoking gun and we'll go away.
We would have to, wouldn't we.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/14/2017 7:26:11 AM

Evolution has never been properly documented.

Did someone use a pencil and not a pen?

Its stories upon stories, forever changing and twisted to fit the cause.

Nope, it is science that has the balls to say that answer we have today may change, as it is only based on the information that we understand at the time.

What's the cause?

Life is the cause.

To eliminate a creator.

Tell me more about how science is wrong about an invisible man in the sky.

There is something out there that is actually compounding their blindness.
Anyone may believe what they want.
But
The proposed evidence will continue to get scrutinized.
Come up with one smoking gun and we'll go away.
We would have to, wouldn't we.

So where is all this evidence of some creator?
 yourstillhere
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2017 6:55:44 PM

Tell me more about how science is wrong about an invisible man in the sky.

I have been working on a book which is about science proving that the bible is correct, and that the bible is proving science to also be correct.

If anyone cares to read a tidbit regarding the catalyst for my writings, please visit the forum "Stories/ Creative Writing" and search for my short story "A Walk Through Death"
It is based on a 100% true story, which I did indeed experience first hand.

That story concludes assuming that I`d met, and had been saved by, a well known entity, known throughout the world.

And after a decade of researching, study, fragmented memory rebuilding, meditation, interviews and much calculating, the conclusion of my experience is probably not what anyone posting/reading in this (awesome) thread would expect.

In short, you are all correct in what you post/believe/think/feel/....... in a way.
The hard truth that I`ve found is that none of our existence really matters. We will all be VERY much at peace in the end, and.......well, its going to be alright.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/15/2017 8:52:59 PM

I have been working on a book which is about science proving that the bible is correct, and that the bible is proving science to also be correct.

So will you be cherry picking parts that you can fit, or will this be a front to back 100% everything lines up and fits?
 aremeself
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2017 10:09:33 PM
No one wants to learn things that disagree with their ideas.
We want to be bottle fed stuff that affirms what we already believe, no mater how bizarre.
All materialistic people want to be assured that the impossibly fine tuned universe is a giant fluke.
And that's the way it is. Amen.

Sacrifice of reason, by Sam Harris.

For those who want to throw god out because of some pretty 'good' man made religions.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/16/2017 9:36:54 AM

No one wants to learn things that disagree with their ideas.
We want to be bottle fed stuff that affirms what we already believe, no mater how bizarre.

Do you have a minute to learn about evolution?

All materialistic people want to be assured that the impossibly fine tuned universe is a giant fluke.
And that's the way it is. Amen.

What do you mean by impossibly fine tuned universe?

What property or condition is an indication of something fine tuned?

Also given the fact that the distance between the Earth and Sun can vary up to 5million kms, hows does this play into what described as a finely tuned universe?
 aremeself
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 4:16:28 PM
Are you eluding that its not fine tuned?

The distance from the sun already varies that much.

What would life be like if the distance varied 5 mill miles more.

Not going to bother answering the other questions.
 aremeself
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 7:48:39 PM
OK, I'll bite, I am curious to know what single piece of evidence convinced you that we evolved from bacteria.
Non of it is a smoking gun, but I'm sure you already know that.

So

Im curious, did you read mess 108?

Or do you just not comprehend?
Or
By all means debunk a couple of issues on the there.
Or is it ALL over your head?
Most of its over my head, but I got the gist.
You?

Like if you got something, teach us, if not shut up.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Why is there human life on earth?