Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 451
Men's height vs women's weightPage 19 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
A pig grilling a chicken

Only on PoF

Where's that dude giving women advice on cosmetics?
 Chromis1
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Men's height vs women's weight
Posted: 7/11/2017 7:15:43 PM
Chuck, do you ever need to wear suits?
 sun___flower
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 8:14:17 PM
FullMoonGuy
Doesn't that still make him TALLER than you?

It makes him a short male.

When some of us start seeing a similar number of couples where the woman is taller than the man, as much as the other way around, we will stop bringing up the subject.

The subject is fine with me. I was addressing BCC.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 454
Posted: 7/11/2017 8:39:05 PM

I'm talking about PREFERENCE, I would PREFER to hear it from a fellow shrimp.

Fantastic. I guess I "prefer" rationality. At any rate, I'm not "shutting the f*ck up" simply because someone thinks I'm the wrong messenger for a message that doesn't actually contain flawed logic.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2017 8:31:38 AM

"To judge a person purely on how tall they are, seems to be a strange concept, but it happens a lot"
"Height seems to be a major factor in the dating process and preventer of potential happiness"
"Much like income, looks and all the other superficial things"
"Attraction is about far more than just looks and what some might think are hot, others might think are not"
"Tall does not always mean good person and person of substance, nor does it always mean good relationship material"
"What is it about 6ft + men that make women go weak at the knees and why does dating a giant, when you are say 5"2, so important and rules above all other preferences?"
"Does someone really need to be dating a guy who is 10inches taller and instead why not, perhaps try dating someone who is a modest 4 inches taller?"
"Someone can still have the personality and looks without being a skyscraper"
"Just a thought for ladies to chomp on for a bit"
"In many cases a woman's physical weight can be worked on, but a man can't change his physical height"
 sun___flower
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2017 8:35:47 AM
^^^ Whom are you quoting?
 gtomustang
Msg: 457
Posted: 7/12/2017 9:21:45 AM
Who was the poster a week or so ago who predicted the return of pig would make things interesting again? I can't remember.

I get the notion, wanting to hear advice from a fellow sufferer. It makes rational sense. When an average looking woman laments her looks, I realize someone like me telling her she's attractive doesn't carry as much weight. But, a short guy successfully keeping his noodle wet....what reason is he here on a forum for singles to complain? Isn't he too busy? is he self conscious enough to decide his success is abnormal and he owes men like him an answer? My allergist hasn't had as many reactions as I have, but I still trust his advice based on education.

on the other side of the coin...if someone came up to a dude like me, who hasn't had a date in over a decade, and could prove that it was all in my head, there was just one thing I could have fixed and I wouldn't have wasted all that time and its all my fault...my ego too might make me want to decide to reject that notion.

some of us are attractive to the majority, and so don't need the confirmation they are attractive. most of us are attractive to a minority, so we really need confirmation we are attractive.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 458
Posted: 7/12/2017 9:46:49 AM
^^^

That retired flight attendant supporting a dude with hip and knee issues
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2017 10:27:33 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States
"Yep the healthy lifestyle they must lead, but I suppose they can blame it on all the fast food places?"
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 460
Posted: 7/29/2017 11:41:46 PM

some of us are attractive to the majority, and so don't need the confirmation they are attractive. most of us are attractive to a minority, so we really need confirmation we are attractive.

And some aren't even attractive to a minority, so they will never receive any kind of confirmation. Like that guy who can't afford to see a dentist, and is behind on his mortgage payments.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2017 4:34:05 AM
A long time ago, I watched something on the tube about babies, and who they tend to look at. These researchers found that they will be attracted to good looking people. Knowing kids, their attention spans are about as long as a second. Anyplace I go where there are children present, they like to stare at me. Why, I don't know. Since I don't consider myself good looking. I can count on one hand all the times anyone ever commented on my features.

Then again, maybe it's because I'll make a face at a kid just to make them smile or laugh. They're fun to bait.
 gtomustang
Msg: 462
Posted: 7/30/2017 5:06:41 AM
out of curiousity, were babies looking at symmetric faces, and attractive people tend to have symmetric faces? Or perhaps as you said, it was expressions on the face, and they gravitate towards learning emotions thru expressions.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 5:29:23 AM
"Women have equality and more rights than men, but most only date 6ft + guys and most of the time those guys are much taller than those women, so where does the equality part come into dating? Disney teaches young girls that they must have the tall prince, he is the only man worthy of them, he is the protector, the savour etc, but it is simple brainwashing and pure fantasy"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10180288/Why-is-it-still-so-taboo-for-a-woman-to-date-a-shorter-man.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_discrimination
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=princess%20syndrome
The brainwashing starts at a very young age and spawns into adulthood
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/princess-recovery/201204/combating-princess-syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_complex
"The Cinderella complex was first described by Colette Dowling"
"she is not capable of changing her situations with her own actions and must be helped by an outside force, usually a male (i.e., the Prince)."
"This phenomenon or syndrome becomes particularly significant with regard to the question of why women may choose to stay in dysfunctional relationships"
 forumslady
Msg: 464
Posted: 8/2/2017 3:07:51 PM
gtomustang- " Who was the poster a week or so ago who predicted the return of pig would make things interesting again? I can't remember."

More than one person said it, but I'm pretty sure that I was one of the ones that predicted that.

Where are our forums historians that know what everyone posts? ;)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 3:57:39 PM

..............the return of pig would make things interesting again?

How could a pig IN a dream .................not be interesting? LOL
 HawkingJr
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 6:37:43 AM
So I had my new muscle-oriented main profile picture that everybody here and in real life claimed was so good up for a few weeks but received no unsolicited views during that time, which I naturally partially attributed to women excluding short men from their searches, as is always the case on OLD.

Then I started thinking for some reason: maybe it’s my face.

So as an experiment, I thumbnail cropped the same picture to be “headless” – otherwise exactly the same picture and if you’re looking at my profile you can still see my head, so it’s just the thumbnail that women see when browsing profiles (or the forums) that’s torso-only.

In less than a week since I began this experiment, I’ve had 10 unsolicited views, which is close to my all-time record for a week and about as many as I had in the previous several months combined with other main profile pictures.

I’m trying to figure out what this means. Among the theories (which are not mutually exclusive so multiple ones could be true):

1 I’m ugly as sin but have a great body

2 It’s a great picture of my body but a terrible picture of my face

3 Maybe the lack of clicks with the face-oriented thumbnail is because I’m not smiling, even though most research suggests that men are better off not smiling in their pics (contrary to what women in the forums claim -- forum women are just very atypical from the general population)

4 Maybe it’s a race thing. All of the views I got this time were from white women (most of them very fit as opposed to the obese ones I normally get) – when I have a main profile pic that’s a headshot that gets some views, usually about half of my views are from black or Hispanic women. You can’t really tell I have any black ancestry from the headless picture – I could be Hispanic (this being a heavily Hispanic market) or Middle Eastern or Polynesian or just a very tan guy of European descent.

5 Maybe women are more superficial about men’s bodies than they admit to being if lots of women are willing to click on a picture of a headless but hunky body

6 Women either aren’t using advance search as much as I thought (which is the only way you can exclude short guys from your searches) or they aren’t excluding short men as much I thought from their advance searches – maybe I’m being returned in their searches but nearly all previous pictures that included a clear shot of my face led to them deciding not to click on me, regardless of what my body looked like or what I was wearing. See #1

Interestingly, my most successful main profile pic of all time was also me in great shape (but not THIS great of shape) last year in a tank top in front of water (except ocean instead of pool), but it was more distant so you couldn’t see my face as well, I was bicep flexing and I had a real Vin Diesel thing going on (most definitely not smiling – more of a scowl). My second most successful recent pic is the one currently in my profile of me in Mexico, imitating the “El Mariachi” pose – I always attributed that one’s success to being a distant shot (so you could barely tell from the thumbnail what my non-smiling face looked like at all, but you could definitely tell I wasn’t white) and also it having a very exotic background (I was in average shape at best at the time, but was dressed up for pose). I’m finishing off the lower 48 states later this month, one of which is South Dakota – I plan to take a similar picture to that one in the Badlands, which is pretty darn exotic looking, though with tank top instead of El Mariachi outfit.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting how much better a headless thumbnail did than one with my face (again, exactly the same picture, only cropped the second time). Based on this and the absolutely nothing I’ve had going on with Tinder over the past several years, I’m starting to seriously question my female friends’ claims that I have an attractive face, and also realizing more and more every day that all my ridiculous effort to improve myself over the years has been pointless, because nothing I do matters, just who I am. In some ways this experiment has been reminiscent of when I would change my height to 6 feet tall and suddenly get many times more views than with the exact same profile and pictures at my real height – just not sure there’s really a point in continuously reaffirming that my main dating problems are things I can’t fix or cancel out. (Again, without a LOT of money.)
 gtomustang
Msg: 467
every star needs a good "height" man
Posted: 8/3/2017 7:22:42 AM
interesting observations, I've always felt a pretty face can make up for a multitude of sins (tho it seems for men, a great rack can accomplish the same thing). I've seen pretty women with "a few extra pounds" who still caught attention if their face was clearly seen. The fit women checking out your body pic, makes logical sense, if one assumes fit people are just looking for other fit people. Maybe for dates to the gym, maybe for the dedication, maybe thinking only fit people deserve them, who knows. gosh, I can't imagine women might be superficial about a hot male body, after all the female dorm room photos I've seen of men looking down while showing off their bod :) But perhaps your friends think your face is attractive from all the expressions they've seen on them...or perhaps your friends are just the type of people to find your face attractive...or they are lying...are these friends who try to hook you up with other friends? in times past, I've had people set me up on blind dates, and it looked like they put me with people they thought were in my league.
 spot4username
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 7:38:50 AM

but received no unsolicited views during that time,

You have been here long enough to know that people can hide when they are viewing profiles.

I’m trying to figure out what this means. Among the theories (which are not mutually exclusive so multiple ones could be true):

It means they are/were curious. You can analyze it to death but I am willing to bet if comes down to plain old curiosity. No head = does he have photos with a head? Is he attractive (to me)? Do I like his profile? Etc.

You did find a way to get the all elusive Click. Going by that you could keep the headless photo and play the numbers that at some point the *curious clicker will be the one.

*trademark pending
 HawkingJr
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 8:14:21 AM
“You have been here long enough to know that people can hide when they are viewing profiles.”

But that was also true during the posting of the uncropped thumbnail. The idea of the scientific method is that all variables remain the same from one experiment to the next except for one, so you can isolate that variable as the cause if there are huge differences between the results of the 2 experiments. So for 3 weeks, I had an uncropped thumbnail that received no unsolicited views but yes, it’s quite possible I received some stealth views during the same period. Then for 1 week, I had a cropped thumbnail that received 10 unsolicited views – and probably some more stealth views to boot. If you assume 2 out of 3 women are working in stealth mode, then maybe the cropped picture actually received 30 total unsolicited views (10 visible, 20 stealth), whereas the uncropped picture received, uh, 0? (2 X 0 = 0). Point is, even taking stealth views into consideration, I received many more views with the headless thumbnail vs. the exact same one that showed my face, in a much shorter period of time. That’s statistically significant.

“It means they are/were curious.”

No doubt, but you being a woman, from your own perspective, would you actually click on a thumbnail of a headless guy just to satisfy your curiosity? Would you not think he was “gaming the system” to trick you into clicking on his profile or perhaps that he was too stupid to properly use the site’s thumbnail cropping system and refuse to click because you think you’re smarter than him? And would it matter what his body looked like? If it was a morbidly obese body, would you click on it? What about skinny as a rail? What about a regular ordinary “dad bod”? Or would you ONLY click on a muscular body? I guess the next experiment would be to post a picture of me wearing a suit or something that covers up my muscles and try both headless and with a head and see if I’m just getting a bunch of clicks anytime I post any kind of headless shot, as opposed to it being the muscles.

But then again...

“The fit women checking out your body pic, makes logical sense, if one assumes fit people are just looking for other fit people.”

It isn’t really surprising that fit women would be looking for fit men. What’s surprising is that obese women aren’t also looking for fit men in this case, as my life long experience has been that obese women don’t tend to think of fit men as being out-of-their-league. (Many fit women in these forums have said the same about obese men.)

I’m going to go ahead and admit that I have clicked on headless thumbnails from women before... but not if their bodies look unattractive, because what’s the point in seeing if she’s got a cute face or interesting personality if she has an obese body that I cannot possibly imagine me dealing with, despite my incredible desperation? In the vast majority of cases of a headless thumbnail with women, it’s because they screwed up when thumbnail cropping, not because they’re trying to focus your attention on their bodies. On the infrequent occasion that I come across a headless thumbnail of a woman with a really attractive body (like a pure cleavage shot), I usually find myself on a profile that has ONLY that picture, and it’s completely cropped (not just thumbnail) so there is no head of the woman anywhere in the profile, and the text of the profile has “scam” written all over it. I imagine that happens far less frequently with women, so I assume most who are clicking on my profile must be thinking I don’t know how to use the thumbnail crop properly.

Or, they’re the kind of women who don’t think much at all...

(Which to some extent is why I'm not all that sure how excited I am about the thought of dating a woman who would contact me as a result of a headless thumbnail, again, despite my desperation and nearly 11 year dateless streak. I imagine it's possible there are women out there that could make my life even more miserable than it already is, and I'm worried they are disproportionately represented among those who click on headless thumbnails.)
 hookup727
Msg: 470
Men height vs women weight
Posted: 8/3/2017 8:54:19 AM
As you look to improve your roster for this raid, the first place you should look is our Heroic Prep Tool spreadsheet (link below). Once you open this doc you can add your squads and refer back as you level and gear up toons. Adding your squads will allow all of us to get an accurate idea of where we stand in our readiness for the Heroic raid. You can also take a look at what our top damage dealers are running that allows them to deal all that damage.
 spot4username
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 9:06:18 AM
^^^^^
The answer to every forum question ever posed.

sun___flower
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 10:44:42 AM
HJ, have you used your Death Valley pic as a main? It's a good one.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 11:14:22 AM
This is pretty crazy. In the 3 hours today I've been discussing this topic in this thread, I've received 4 new unsolicited views, which is pretty close to my all-time (as in 11 years) record for a single day -- all local, so they have nothing to do with the forums. Who knew women were attracted to headless men?

"HJ, have you used your Death Valley pic as a main? It's a good one."

To the best of my recollection, I have not, though I agree with you that it is one of my best, but because so many people have complained about having their pictures deleted because some picture reviewers think sunglasses violate the "no obstruction of face" rule, I've figured it was best not to tempt fate even more by making it my main pic. Plus most women seem to think it's important to fall for a guy's eyes right off the bat, although this headless picture phenomenon is making me question that kernel of OLD wisdom. I have used it for Tinder, though -- merely typical results (I would go so far as to say the muscle pictures like the one we are discussing had below average results there).

By far the most successful picture I've had on Tinder (as far as getting matches) is the one with the dog -- I would say about half the matches I've ever gotten in 5 years on Tinder came from the several months I used the dog picture. Of course, that was purposeful strategy in that case -- most of the Tinder research I had read claimed that pics with dogs lead to higher match rates for guys, plus I'd seen numerous women say in their very short profiles that "I probably matched you just because I thought your dog was cute," so even though I do not own a dog, I went to my parents' home and took a picture with my mother's dog for the sole purpose of having a picture with a dog to post on Tinder. BAM -- immediate results! (But still no dates.) I haven't attempted to use it as my main profile pic on POF yet.
 sun___flower
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 11:29:59 AM
I understand why you don't want to take a chance on having that pic deleted. Maybe you could re-create something similar to it, without sunglasses?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 475
Posted: 8/3/2017 11:37:11 AM
But you don't own a dog HJ.. so I'd remove that one. Main is good
Forumslady.. simply click on the history beneath the name, easy peasy
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight