Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 26
Men height vs women weightPage 2 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
There have been a few times when people freaked out about my height, even though I'm not a 7 foot tall giant or a dwarf.
It's usually at an event like a funeral or one of my siblings reconnecting with a childhood friend-with people I haven't seen since childhood, and don't recall who they are. I'll be introduced to the person, and they'll say "What happened to you? The last time I saw you, you were this high (indicating a height with their hand of about 3 feet high). How did you get so big?" I guess these people never caught on to the concept that children sometimes get taller as they get older. Either that, or I should've stop drinking the radioactive kool-aid when I had the chance.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 27
Men height vs women weight
Posted: 5/18/2017 9:31:21 PM
here is a funny one
https://pics.me.me/how-tall-are-you-why-i-only-date-tall-guys-19961194.png
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/18/2017 10:43:03 PM

I got to be honest I didn't think you had a point but thinking about it I think you might. You have to understand from my perspective of being 6'1" tall I'm not tall and I'm not short. When a man gets at that point below 5'10" tall in my opinion that would qualify as being short. Short people scare me and I kind of avoid them. I think of them as a circus freak or something. It's a phobia I got and it isn't rational but it is what it is.
I would never date a woman shorter than 5'6" tall and would date them as tall as they come even if they were much taller than me. Either way there are plenty of short women in the world for a short man like you to date. Like the 5' and under sized and such. I'm not interested in a midget it just doesn't raise my flag poll and actually creeps me out. So why does anyone hide or lie about their height or weight? I just never got it as why would you date without the intent of finding someone you are physically attracted to who is physically attracted to you? Isn't that the goal everyone should have? If you're 5' 700lbs. do people really think that they can win your average person over with their personality?
I get why some of the fat girls lie because they are hungry of course and are looking for a free dinner as their grocery bill has to be out of this world. However, I don't get why a short guy would make himself out to be tall. Someone said you were 5'8" I think OP is that correct? Get a fellow midget and buy one small kids meal and drink and the two of you can share it as it will be huge meal to yawl. Enjoy being little people don't venture into big peoples world like that.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2017 11:50:04 PM

What's funnier is the "die alone" comment. Women see that as the worst-thing-in-the-world. Guys aren't afraid to die alone. We know we're immortal until we aren't. We also know our buds will praise our bravery, stupidity, comraderie, friendship ... and all that's good because it means they remember us. Who wants someone to watch them die - that's icky.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/19/2017 9:02:40 AM
Wowzers.
One post and I'm bummed out.
Who knew pirates felt that way?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/19/2017 10:57:12 AM

Who knew pirates felt that way?

Arrrgg gimme your booty.

There are guys out there that seek really short petite women even though they are very tall men. I guess for me I see short and then you add petite on top my mind goes to feeling like I'm with a child or something. So for me it becomes a turn off because I'm interested in a woman not a little girl. If I were shorter then it would probably be fine because then at least me and a short woman would be a comparable size. So because many of your shorter women hit on taller guys it creeps me out and I avoid them entirely. Best way I can explain it.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2017 11:00:41 AM
Height is something one has no control over---it is just a fact. On the other hand, weight is considered by many people to be something within one's control.

When a weight question is asked, a person (both men and women) can feel defensive if they are overweight. Why? Because they can then be judged by the other person as lacking in self-control or self-discipline, which can be perceived as a negative character trait or personal failure.
 Nestaron
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/19/2017 12:19:42 PM
Women say things like their kind caring understanding sit in bar in a group or whatever and say something like all the good guys are taken the rest are either small, or disabled. Then laugh about the statement.

Now if a group of guys sat in a bar and said all the good women are taken and the rest are either obese, or judgmental. The previous women immediately find the guys rather rude, insulting, and inappropriate, they dont acknowledge how inappropriate their own statements were.

Fact is most women dont believe guys actually have feelings and emotions. They believe the only thing they care about is sex and who they have it with.

When both can do the right thing simply avoid those topics in public. If a person in those classifications come across your path simply say I am sorry, I dont find an attraction to you. Who we are attracted to is not upto us, it was integrated into our brains at a young age you cant change it. What people can do is be respectful and appropriate in public places where others will not be hurt.

You think weight makes a difference woman becomes controlling, cheats, shows no interest in her man or his likes, cuts him down to her friends. You think he is going to want to stay regardless of weight, or looks it's not happening.

If a man turns out to be a cheater and abuser you think his height is going to out weigh how they treat you and make you feel. That's not happening either.

People are people they want to feel, compassion, understanding, love, regardless of looks, height, weight and if they forgot the important things, and only base their attraction on height or weight I am sorry but you reap what you sow. Anything that comes from it is your own fault not theirs.
 spot4username
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2017 12:33:01 PM

say something like all the good guys are taken the rest are either small, or disabled. Then laugh about the statement.

In my nearly 51 years of living I have never heard a woman say this let alone say it and laugh.

Fact is most women dont believe guys actually have feelings and emotions. They believe the only thing they care about is sex and who they have it with.

Again, don't know a single woman who believes men don't have feelings or emotions.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/19/2017 1:29:12 PM

Women say things like their kind caring understanding sit in bar in a group or whatever and say something like all the good guys are taken the rest are either small, or disabled. Then laugh about the statement.

Fact is most women dont believe guys actually have feelings and emotions. They believe the only thing they care about is sex and who they have it with

Fact: I do not think the word fact means what you think it does.

And I'm 65 soon and I don't know any woman that think or feel like this either.

I do believe some people are stupid, but I think that happens with both genders.

PS How much do you weigh?
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/19/2017 1:36:28 PM

In my nearly 51 years of living I have never heard a woman say this let alone say it and laugh.

I've heard a lot of stuff in my life time like this but it isn't gender specific. Some people just have bad attitudes about the opposing gender. I was technically married twice I guess and the first time I was married for five years and we divorced. The second we were married seven years divorced didn't see each other for a year and got back together and in total have been together probably about 20 years. Well you know how everyone has that single friend that never has a partner and even when they get one they can't keep one. Somehow they always have all this great love advice to give though? If you don't have a friend like this it's probably because you are the friend like this. It's not gender specific but it's the person that always listens to the stupid minor complaints about an SO and says they wouldn't put up with that and what you should do and this and that. What I call bad advice. lol

My first ex wife she always would listen to that bad advice. I'd hear well if you would blah blah blah and blah blah blah. I mean you would sit down and discuss well if we compromised and worked together but none of that was being heard all that could be seen or talked about is my part in the issue despite the fact that there are two parts to every couples problems. To me everyone may say things they really don't mean or even take seriously themselves and they should find the humor in each others quirks and differences. The advice I take seriously isn't going to be from a person who can't get a partner but from someone who has been married or in a relationship for an extended period of time. like 20 years or 30 or 40 or 50 or what have you. That friend with bad advice is strictly for entertainment purposes and are there simply for entertainment not to be remotely taken seriously.

It always made me laugh to hear my first ex wife say "Ashley at work says I shouldn't put up with you doing x, y, and z." I'd say "does Ashley know you did 1, 2, and 3 that played a part in that?" Of course the answer was "no". Then I'd be like "well how does Ashley handle this situation with her man?" To which I'd hear "she ain't got one" and I'd reply "exactly so if you don't wanna end up single like Ashley maybe you shouldn't take her bad advice".lmao

It ended up kind of sad because she just ended up just like her friend at the end of it all. She got married to another guy they lasted about five years and he got tired of that bullsh!t and she has become the single friend with all the bad love advice.

Again, don't know a single woman who believes men don't have feelings or emotions.

I have and I also have met men that think that about women as well.
 gtomustang
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2017 1:41:09 PM
HS does make a salient point, society tends to see weight as an issue of self control. Still, I find the absolute best way to find judgemental people is to...chase after the hot ones. I don't bother sending emails to profiles that talk about their time in the gym, b/c *gasp* i'm just not in their league. Oh no, the "league" word :) But I find that any woman who spends a lot of time, energy and money on her looks b/c they are so amazing she owes the world to put them out there on display (and of course get all the benefits a gal who is a 9 or a 10 gets in return for all that spent on her display)...just ain't in my league.

and I don't take it personally she isn't in my league, b/c I don't choose to be in that league. easy peasy. we both avoid what we don't want in a relationship, even if it means I also avoid what I want in bed.

there is an old joke about men being like parking spots--the good ones are taken, and the ones not taken are handicapped. some of the women I've heard use this phrase, however, get drunk and go home with some c0cky dude anyway. in other words we find what we seek out, and what we want to find in life is someone who doesn't make us look bad or feel bad about how we approach life...b/c they do it the same way, too.

well, I should amend that...some people are looking for the partner who is a challenge to win over, so they can finally feel like a winner in the game of love. The women who think men have no feelings? ask them how much love their father gave them while growing up. Shall I tell you already what their answer will be? Shall I explain why it makes them chase the men who won't share love, in order to win those "men" over?
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/19/2017 3:31:59 PM

So you ladies state your real weight not your POF weight.

It varies 140-170 depending on the season...November through February are the feasting months. April though June are the fasting months.

OP what's your REAL height not your POF height??? Hmmm???

You sound kinda bitter and obnoxious. Weight can change. Height? Ah well it seems most get shorter with age. I was 5'11" in my youth, but today I stand at 5' 9 & 3/4"...you list 5' 8" in your profile, but I'll take a guess that it's more likely to be 5' 5" without your shoes on. Maybe that's why women keep asking you how tall you are?
 Nestaron
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/19/2017 3:46:01 PM
142lbs not that it matters but since you asked and will even tell you it's toned, and defined. As well as offer the fact I gain about 1 lb a week in muscle.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2017 6:45:53 PM

I got to be honest I didn't think you had a point but thinking about it I think you might. You have to understand from my perspective of being 6'1" tall I'm not tall and I'm not short. When a man gets at that point below 5'10" tall in my opinion that would qualify as being short. Short people scare me and I kind of avoid them. I think of them as a circus freak or something. It's a phobia I got and it isn't rational but it is what it is.

Your opinion is shared by far too many people. 5' 10" is the national average, the peak of the bell curve when it comes to North American men and many in Europe.

I think 'Phobia' might be a reasonable word to choose when talking about online dating. Constantly single people have a record of being difficult to deal with from a personality and attitude perspective. People fear ANYONE new because of that unreasonable fear of every potential - so, they compensate by trying to find someone excessively attractive - as if the 'damage' will be less when their medications go wonky. A superior physical head case is better than an average anything, because we get bored far too quickly of anything outside of the extreme dramas fed down our throats by mass media every single minute of every single day.

142lbs not that it matters but since you asked and will even tell you it's toned, and defined.

OK - Lets see how people do comparing two people side by side. I'm the same height as Nestaron - 5' 8" - somewhat overweight - roughly the same age. He's a smoker - I am not. What do I weigh?

I'll give you a hint - almost everyone under-guesses my weight. I think it's because they see a chubby face and assume the rest of me is built the same way. I do light hand weight workouts nearly every day, and a ton of core exercises. I'm a lot more solid than I look... but online, I'm pretty much just 'Short' and 'Fat'.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/19/2017 7:01:03 PM

OK - Lets see how people do comparing two people side by side. I'm the same height as Nestaron - 5' 8" - somewhat overweight - roughly the same age. He's a smoker - I am not. What do I weigh?

I'll guess 190-205 by comparing your pic to Nestaron's and your hint.
 Nestaron
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/19/2017 7:20:47 PM
I would say closer to 160

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 cooldog65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2017 8:29:36 PM

I'll give you a hint - almost everyone under-guesses my weight. I think it's because they see a chubby face and assume the rest of me is built the same way. I do light hand weight workouts nearly every day, and a ton of core exercises. I'm a lot more solid than I look... but online, I'm pretty much just 'Short' and 'Fat'.

Based on what Danimal says here, I'm guessing he is above the 200 pound mark. I'm currently about 205 and I'm a tad shorter. Since muscle is more dense than fat, numbers on a scale matter less than what you see in the mirror.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2017 8:42:32 PM
You're still guessing too low.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/19/2017 10:28:57 PM

I think 'Phobia' might be a reasonable word to choose when talking about online dating.

Maybe a phobia but I think a part of it is it just doesn't feel right for me to go with a short woman. Especially if she is petite. If a child that is 13 is the same size as you as a grown woman and I'm suppose to be attracted to that it registers for me as a no go. So I'd say phobia but not really. It just simply doesn't float my boat and I could imagine it being the same for a woman as well but I'm not sure their thought or reasoning for it I can just explain mine. So I won't date a woman under 5'6" tall period end of story and that is just my preference. I've made an exception here and there but the woman had clear womanly attributes as in wide hips and big boobs for whatever reason it helps me to get over it and accept you if you are an inch or two shy of 5'6".
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2017 10:55:46 PM
6'1" is tall in anyone's language. If you can afford to be fussy with women's height characteristics, good for you. Short in my book is under 5'8 and anything over that is fine by me. Even small petite women prefer taller men so short men have a harder time of it.
I met a guy once who was 5 foot tall at most and stated he was 5'7". Why he did that I dont know. It made it awkward for both of us when I had to reject him. Looking down on a guy is a real turn off.
 Maleman999
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/20/2017 5:28:50 AM
There's a simple solution for the short guys in the U.S. to specify their height without lying about it, and won't have it work against them-at least on a profile. They could specify their height in centimeters. Even though the rest of the world uses the metric system, the U.S. is behind the times, and Americans have no clue what a centimeter or liter or metric ton is. Some Americans know what a kilogram is though, since drug dealers often buy their drugs by the kilo from foreign suppliers.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2017 12:40:33 PM

Why is it ok to ask a man of his height but you ask a woman about her weight she gets all bend out of shape.

Because height is something you can't control, where weight is. Also, weight, unlike height for the most part, can vary and assume the wrong impression when meeting them. We humans are naturally not built for math, and people we mall-watch IRL -- which is most people we observe by far -- don't have height+weight combo to have a mathematical association, and seeing the differences. So we're off and go too much by assumption if we hear "170" -- but she's 5'8", broader shoulders as you can see in her pics, and she has the same body "look" as another gal at 150 who's not much shorter.

Bottom line: It's changeable and women are more sensitive about their body being potentially out of shape + weight is Inexact to assess their body type... where just wanting height is more straight-up and non-changeable. Both Are directly about physical attraction, but it is comparing apples & oranges.

Never ever have been asked my weight.

Yeah, I've never really heard much of that being some question to ask or folks asking. The only times I've heard that come up is when a guy sees pictures that are Very different, almost like a before & after pic, and he can't put his finger on what she looks like now, so he ends up just saying, after pointing out her different pics, "How much do you weigh [now]?"

FYI, I have never met a man who was shorter than his profile indicated but I sure have met a few men who have showed up weighing 100 lbs more than they indicated on their profile.

Yeah... when a gal says "SO many guys are so much shorter than what they say", I raise an eyebrow and roll my eyes. I totally understand a guy once in a while holding his faux card on his height... but when I've gone around asking people what they think my height is -- it varies a lot. The shoes, posture and her shoes and the people around them -- and plus, when folks are notably shorter or taller than you, their guess is going vary a Lot. So a guy rounding up -- which I think IS quite common -- shouldn't result in weird reactions across the board.

I met a guy once who was 5 foot tall at most and stated he was 5'7". Why he did that I dont know. It made it awkward for both of us when I had to reject him.

I would think it be less awkward when the reason is staring you both in the face, right? He put 5'7" but he's rounded-up to 5'0" IRL. IMO, it'd be easier to deal with -- as opposed, to, say, the guy looks like a version of his pic who's a little older + hasn't slept well in several weeks, less fashionable, and a weird voice & persona. :) A half-foot height difference where it makes a big diff between you and he, that he can see too -- you just point out the elephant in the room. Much easier post-date text explanation that he has to understand without any issue.

Looking down on a guy is a real turn off.

I think this is the core concept of OP's concern: Even if you're not physically Towering over a guy to "look down on him" -- gals will Look Down on a guy who's one of the shorter ones in the room. She can be 5'4", but him being 5'7" -- many will look down on him when it's a stranger who's a date-to-be, even though physically he's slightly taller than she in his shoes vs her heels.

OP's concern I think is this: You're not supposed to judge a gal by her body, but you can by a guy's (in height). You can't razz a gal by her body, but you can of a guy (in height)... even though you can't razz the one that one Can control, yet you Can razz the one that one's Can't control.
 Like2dance
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2017 2:25:13 PM
While I was married I never paid much attention to the heights, weights and ages of women I knew at work and socially. However once I started dating and ran into misrepresentations of age, weight and at times height I started to examine the appearance of single women I met more closely. After several years I got to where I could judge a woman's weight to within 3 to 5 pounds for slender to average size women (not anorexic or obese women since they were not on my radar). If a woman was quite athletic and unusually muscular I usually judged them too light. I dated a woman who had been a track star and at 5'3" she was a size 2 to 4, depending, yet weighed 122 lbs.! I could usually nail their dress size although that varies by manufacturer, of course. I got pretty good at estimating their heights within an inch if they ranged from 5'2" to 5'10".

Over time I also became quite good at estimating a woman's age within my serious dating age range which at that time ran from the mid thirties to the mid forties. Some women who have great genetics and take care of themselves can look stunning well into their senior years. Others are perhaps not so fortunate genetically and if they do not take care of themselves their appearance ages rapidly. Nonetheless women all look their age, some terrific, some good, some OK and some not good at all.
 moraima
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2017 2:53:05 PM
"at 5'3" she was a size 2 to 4, depending, yet weighed 122 lbs.! "

What do you mean yet weighted 122????

Sounds like what I put into my size 2 to 4 pants.

Men fear fat women.Women fear short men. That has been what people I have met over the years have told me.

My guess is women don't want short men because they don't want to have to protect them, and men don't want fat women because they want to be able to get it up..................reality sucks sometimes. (I am half kidding - only half.)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight