Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sun___flower
Msg: 501
view profile
History
as the diet commericals say, results don't lie, just interpretationsPage 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

Actually, I greatly appreciate the feedback on the pictures.

Okay. I didn't know if you give much weight to the opinions of those outside your desired demographic. If I may, then, I want to make two suggestions; of course take them as you will. I would remove the main headless pic and the Boquillas pic. You do have the "rockin' body," and a handsome face, and those pictures are not particularly accurate representations of that. JMO.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 502
as the diet commericals say, results don't lie, just interpretations
Posted: 10/4/2017 10:05:43 PM
The headless picture surely shows off the physique, but to take it a step further, I would do a shot straight on (not slightly turned to the side) with both hands on the hips in a relaxed pose to give a better perspective of the V-taper.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2017 3:25:10 AM
Unsolicited views are one thing. Unsolicited messages are another.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 504
Posted: 10/5/2017 9:04:01 AM
Lots of Jews in NY and Filly
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2017 11:34:57 AM

Which makes my current level of views seem even more mind-blowing – imagine if I regularly logged in during the hours that most people use POF? But I didn’t log into POF once while on the road (over 2 weeks) or during the several days of Irma build-up/immediate recovery, yet all of the times I returned to work, I had like 10+ new views waiting. Would I have gotten 150+ total views during that period if I had been logging in regularly?

Maybe. You can test that now, if you've been online a lot already. Of course, maybe it was putting you up in the thumbnails More since you Weren't online as much as you used to be... as the system's method of encouraging you to come back by putting you up there to get attention? Just a probably-not theory, but possible, I guess. IMO, it's the picture change itself, and you would get more views being active.

Obviously it has occurred to me a lot of these views are just the result of women trying to find out what the head looks like.

When it's an Attractive body -- of Course. That's not some mere hypothesis. :)

What might be an interesting experiment is to use a headless thumbnail of me in a nice suit to see if ANY headless thumbnail will lead to such results or if it requires a headless “rockin’ body.”

The latter. If anything, out of curiosity for some even if they aren't fans of guys in tank-tops as their main pic. A fancy suit would still do it with headless, but not as much.

And what happens when I start emailing such women and they see this headless thumbnail in their inbox?

If it's the gals who viewed your profile -- they'll remember. It's different. So no problem there. And also remember -- for all the views you get, you'll get a solid % that Also viewed, but they turned off showing up other people's who-viewed-me.

I’m wondering if the thumbnail is turning off women who think muscle guys are full of themselves or smart, thinking women who realize some guy is trying to trick them into clicking and refuse to play along

No. That's not going to be a trend. The only potential negative would be "Doesn't he know how to fix that?" Not that you're playing games, even when sure, many will figure you probably did it on purpose to get visitors to find out, or to show off/focus-on the body. Which isn't going to be some dagger.

it was because they first viewed my profile before the current headless picture, then got “tricked” into viewing it again post-headless because they didn’t realize it was the same guy they previously viewed.

That happens when people rotate their primary photo though, man. That's why people rotate their primary photo. It's not a "trick". It's to make it so a gal who passed over your thumbnail now sees a different one hence not remembering -- which makes them give ya a look when they didn't before. I'm not "tricked" when a gal does that, especially if her new primary photo is Better.

To try and make a comparison to your situation: If in my sprees of viewing profiles I've seen a gal who's been on here a good amount, who's combo factor of a little too heavy for my tastes, has No for drinking, and her facial look is fine but nothing to make up for both of that -- yeah, I'm not going to reach out to write. Fast forward, and I see a headless pic of a gal with a hot curvy body -- I click on it, and oh-yeah, it's that one gal. I've seen her before as I see a couple other pics. Damn, she carries her curves really well. I'm not tricked, I'm liking her more. And I'm going to write her if in the writing mood -- and Definitely responding where before it was a mere Might.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 506
Men height vs women weight
Posted: 10/11/2017 12:37:10 PM

If a woman asks for a man's height she is a bit superficial...same goes for if a man asks a woman's weight. Both those questions seem a bit pointless because liking someone as a person has nothing to do with their height or weight. Heightist and weightists probably do not make the most loving of partners since they should know that it's who a person is that really matters. That is what stays....weight can change and height was never important in the first place. Forget all that nonsense...the main thing is if you like who they are. The rest is window dressing.

I have to disagree with this. Sure, you can like someone as a person, irrespective of height or weight. For a potential partner, I believe that one needs to be sexually attracted to that person. If a guy is turned off by obesity, or a woman is not turned on by a man she towers over, it doesn't make either of them superficial.

How a person looks is an important aspect of who they are. Personality is only half of the equation. It's a person's total package that counts.
 poppata
Msg: 507
Posted: 10/12/2017 9:29:37 AM

I have to disagree with this. Sure, you can like someone as a person, irrespective of height or weight. For a potential partner, I believe that one needs to be sexually attracted to that person. If a guy is turned off by obesity, or a woman is not turned on by a man she towers over, it doesn't make either of them superficial.

Must admit I never understood the "superficial" complaint. Does anybody really believe that attractiveness is not inherently a huge part of the equation? *Nobody should obsess about their weight....but you know, if you are not happy with how you look, rather than blaming theo opposite sex, change what you can change...and weight is one of those things within your control... to a degree anyway. As for height, not much a person can do about it... they just need to accept those qualities they were born with and again, not blame the other person for not being attracted.
 poppata
Msg: 508
Posted: 10/12/2017 9:32:01 AM

I changed my location from WA State to NY, then the height of the men changed. WA men are tall, 5'-11" to 6 ft+. NY men seem to average 5'-8". NY men have been Spanish, Italian, Irish and Jewish. WA men may be Scandinavian, Engish, German.

You are really fuked up...you know that? There is virtually no difference between the height of men on the various coasts...especially the
West Coast, which is a melting pot of all sorts of people. You see things that aren't there.

I would suggest psychiatric help...seriously.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 509
Posted: 10/12/2017 9:33:53 AM
I have always found it to be a load of shit, as well.

If we had the ability to create our "dream partner", who the hell would make the person unattractive just to prove they're not "superficial"??

Absolutely nobody.
 gtomustang
Msg: 510
Posted: 10/12/2017 9:46:03 AM
"Does anybody really believe that attractiveness is not inherently a huge part of the equation?"

>>>the only people I can find who do, are either ones who don't want to admit its their looks that get them dates (they'd rather think ONLY their personality is what did the trick, just like rich kids hate to think they have friends who only want to be around the benefits of having money), or PUAs who really want to believe they know a secret trick to get around the fact that their looks matter.

People we like but aren't physically attracted to...are the friends we aren't sleeping with. But we have a terrible time admitting we are just as "superficial" about looks as the people who dare to shoot us down.
 poppata
Msg: 511
Posted: 10/12/2017 10:08:04 AM
True.... Personality of course is important...your personalities need to jell for for a relationship...but you are never getting there without the attraction to begin with. But looks alone will rarely cut it, except for the ease in which you can meet women.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Ignorance
Posted: 10/12/2017 10:34:59 AM
Pop, you need to get out more and travel or just be more cognizant about people and comprehend what you read, without changing it to benefit your perspective. I didn't say west coast vs east coast. I said NY vs WA state. If you understood who lives in those places predominantly, or cared to understand, it would make sense to you.
 poppata
Msg: 513
Ignorance
Posted: 10/12/2017 11:17:43 AM
^^^^ Last I looked, NY is on the East Coast, WA on the West Coast. West is a melting pot and so is NY.... No difference between the men, there is a difference in the mind of the beholder.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 514
Flatulance
Posted: 10/12/2017 12:09:39 PM
Bluemoon? Is that you?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 515
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2017 12:36:15 PM

If a woman asks for a man's height she is a bit superficial...same goes for if a man asks a woman's weight.

No, no it's not.

liking someone as a person has nothing to do with their height or weight.

It absolutely does. I can find things besides looks that goes Yay or Nay on match choices that's Actually superficial, where physical attraction is Not. Like persona, looks can be superficial when their tastes are stringent & compounded beyond natural attraction ("He needs to be between and 5'11" and 6'1 Only, and I'm 5'3""), but no, looks when it comes to body type (height, shape, etc) -- in general within the realm of normal physical attraction is not superficial... in fact it's the strongest thing to be at least Par, pound for pound, and has substantive weight to it.

An example of popular superficiality that gets little criticism: "I'm 42, and he must be older than me or no more than 1, maybe 2 years younger" -- stuff like that. It's how they feel with no real substance for compatibility (but based on being conditioned that it does; so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy). In the end though, it's OK to be superficial to a certain degree. Not a big deal, but it can become silly and immature (see examples).

There is virtually no difference between the height of men on the various coasts...especially the West Coast

I agree if you're going coast-wide. But not all places along a huge coast are the same. Places vary in height. High Asian or Latino population will be shorter. You go to west MI which has a huge Dutch population (average height of a guy in Europe of that population's about 6'1"), it's different... swing over to Chicago -- a lot shorter. Big cities tend to have shorter people than more rural cities. So I could see someone going to a place in WA and seeing people are taller than those in a place in NY. Definitely believable. But it'd be silly to say a whole coast.
 south_city
Msg: 516
Posted: 10/12/2017 1:59:54 PM

Both those questions seem a bit pointless because liking someone as a person has nothing to do with their height or weight.

That is true for a platonic relationship or friendship. For a long term romantic relationship there needs to be at least some physical attraction. Obesity is a physical dealbreaker for me.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 517
Posted: 10/12/2017 2:05:50 PM
Oh, and for the people who believe it's "superficial" to want a physical attraction - I can assure you there are people out there with wonderful personalities you wouldn't touch with a proverbial ten-foot pole. I'll be glad to put it to the test and find them for you.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 518
Posted: 10/12/2017 2:15:57 PM
Silly people. Of couse the men in Washington state are taller. The ground they stand on is higher. Sheesh!!
State............... High point...... Low point....... Mean elevation
Washington... 14,410 feet..... Sea level...........1,700 feet
New York...... 5,344 feet....... Sea level...........1,000 feet
 NewYorker58
Msg: 519
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2017 5:14:18 PM
Obesity usually isn't attractive for a variety of reasons with one who being that it doesn't indicate good health typically. When I see obese dogs, I don't think they look good, and I love all dogs. I see it as someone over feeding their dog and setting them up for a myriad of illnesses the poor dog is going to have to deal with. I don't think people want to deal with another person's illness when it has to do with something they can control by keeping their weight down.

LadyinRed, true, lol. That 14,410 would be Mount Rainer. My town is at least 500 feet above sea level. My ex is 6 foot, but he came from the Pennsylvania countryside and is German and Scandinavian like the the Germans and Scandinavians out here that are so freaking tall!
 daynadaze
Msg: 520
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2017 7:08:37 PM
So not-fat people are healthier and people generally seek healthy people? The world is full of people who do not fit that stereotype, not only do not-healthy people find love, but there are many who are attracted to that, just like ther are people who like crooked teeth, or other things that you might find to be a big turn off. There's no reason to accept people thatvyou are not attracted to, but stop with the BS of assuming you know what other people want.
 gtomustang
Msg: 521
Posted: 10/13/2017 6:24:44 AM
those who focus on obesity, will find it unattractive. Those who focus on other aspects...will ignore it. and those who have an issue with weight...will feel more comfortable with someone who obviously isn't going to judge them on it. and, ok, yes, there will be some dudes who think overweight girls are insecure and easier :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 522
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2017 10:46:22 AM

Of couse the men in Washington state are taller.

Not all of us...
 HawkingJr
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2017 12:04:27 PM
It’s pretty crazy to think any person can control what and who they find attractive. That’s some combination of nature and nurtured subconscious development from infancy into adulthood. You can’t just force yourself to be attracted to someone. Superficiality, if such a thing exists, comes about when you ARE naturally attracted to someone, and then say, “Nope, can’t date him because he’s not rich.” But even in that case, I suppose it’s possible to naturally be attracted to rich guys. I have on numerous occasions been told “I would so date you if you were whiter/taller/younger/older/not married” – was that superficial of them? Probably not – if anything, it was a natural defense mechanism to get them out of trouble. Take for example the MANY girls/women who wouldn’t date me ONLY (or just about only) because I was not white: dating me under those circumstances could have destroyed their lives in the racist times, places and situations we were in, and they knew it – is going on one date with a guy worth destroying your life over? The head was properly overruling the heart. Indeed, my head overruled my heart a couple of times by refusing to date (or continue to date) someone I was strongly attracted to because I knew I would be destroying her life. (My life has been destroyed since the day I was born – there is no reason for me or anyone else to ever worry about destroying my life.)

That reasoning also often holds true for younger/older/married and numerous other characteristics. Body type, including taller/shorter issues, probably not so much. Would a tall woman’s life be destroyed by dating a shorter man? Seems highly unlikely. “But I’ll never be able to wear heels again!” Yeah, well, that’s just your choice, assuming the short guy didn’t tell you not wear heels – in which case, that was your choice to obey him instead of dump his sorry butt. Now with an obese person, maybe your life eventually will be destroyed, by your entrenched love having a massive heart attack or becoming diabetic or some other medical issue related to obesity. But for the most part, these things feel like they still fall under: if you’re not attracted to that thing, you’re not attracted to it. I sometimes don’t understand how some attractions, or more like, unattractions develop – like why are so many really short women repulsed by short men? How’d that become a broad societal attraction development? I would still shrug it off as the heart wants what it wants, but it would also seem to be a defensive mechanism, as I’ve heard quite a few short women say they can’t be with short men because they’d have short kids or because they need more protection than a man close to their size can provide. I suppose where things like this truly start veering into superficiality territory (maybe) is when a woman (tall or short) says she can’t date a short man because she’s worried what other people will think. But why would we find that unacceptable yet be reasonably okay with a white woman who wouldn’t date a black man because she’s worried about how society will treat her? Pretty valid concern, yet basically the same thing. (Although, you’re probably not going to get lynched for dating a shorter or taller person; you might get lynched for dating outside your race. Certainly you can get beat up – I have the scars to prove it.)

Basically, as I’ve said many times before, two people who have great meshing personalities and much in common but no physical attraction are just good friends. I mean, who here tries to force attraction with a friend just because he/she would be perfect to date? That said, there are some people (including in these forums) who claim they are not attracted to appearances but to personalities, and it’s the personalities that make the person physically attractive, though I still haven’t figured out how such people separate their friends from their lovers. Certainly I’ve become more attracted to women I was already somewhat or even very attracted to because of their personalities, but I have never been able to turn initial repulsion into attraction, no matter how stellar the personality. Fortunately, not every one in the world is like that, because I have no doubt there would be a lot more lifelong relationshipless people like me as well and the human race would slowly come to an end.

Update on my profile: let’s see, I last posted here 9 days ago and have been logging on pretty regularly since but haven’t sent out any messages. So in slightly over a week, I have... 27 unsolicited views. Which means, yes, my 10 views a week during the period when I rarely logged in actually was a LOT lower than it could have been if I was logging in regularly! Holy cat!

But still not one message from any of the views...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 524
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2017 12:44:06 PM

Oh, and for the people who believe it's "superficial" to want a physical attraction - I can assure you there are people out there with wonderful personalities you wouldn't touch with a proverbial ten-foot pole. I'll be glad to put it to the test and find them for you.

Oh, I agree. Scooterz needs to back up her argument, or adjust it. I'm legitimately curious about her counter to what everyone's said in response.

So not-fat people are healthier and people generally seek healthy people?

Not noticeably Fat people, all other things generally equal, yeah, are in a better health state than those who are clearly, noticeably fat. And I think it's more that people naturally step aside from people who are noticeably on the lesser-health range. I think our innate tastes are sculpted that way by default (but obviously adjust to some degree in life).

not only do not-healthy people find love, but there are many who are attracted to that

There's a difference between a gal who carries her weight well with good curves, but by the scale needs to lose 25-30lbs to be in a "normal" range but still look attractive, VS many who don't, and are more than "has some meat on their bones" and/or out of proportion with it. I don't think there's a true physical allure to that for anyone really ... no more than, say, a gal wanting a guy who's shorter than she and short in general. But, it doesn't mean someone in their league can't find them attractive, as in the end, most people's tastes adjust for the sake of allowance.

but stop with the BS of assuming you know what other people want.

It's strong trends. If an otherwise average looking guy's 5'4", it's not BS to say that a Vast majority of women aren't going to be adequately physically attracted to him. Tastes on broad scales like that -- height, body shape/proportion -- are not random at all. That said, the shorter guy, if getting to know the gal, and she's not towering over him (or notably she's shorter than he) -- that height thing becomes less a factor than other impeding factors. With one who's clearly overweight, it becomes less picky (as with other visible factors).
 south_city
Msg: 525
Posted: 10/14/2017 8:55:05 AM

So not-fat people are healthier and people generally seek healthy people? The world is full of people who do not fit that stereotype, not only do not-healthy people find love, but there are many who are attracted to that, just like ther are people who like crooked teeth, or other things that you might find to be a big turn off. There's no reason to accept people thatvyou are not attracted to, but stop with the BS of assuming you know what other people want.

Of course there are obese people that are in relationships with non-obese people. But from what I have seen, the majority of non-obese people are attracted to and date body types ranging from slender to somewhat overweight. Also some obese people in these relationships may have been relatively thinner when these relationships started and later gained weight.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight