Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 platypus_man
Msg: 526
view profile
History
Men height vs women weightPage 22 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
The arguments are always from a person who is interested in another who does not find person #1 attractive. Then it becomes the old refrain, 'oh they're so shallow'.
Either someone finds you sexually attractive, or they do not. Sometimes women can come around if the guy has enough money/status/assets, but men rarely get turned on by those things if the woman wasn't initially found to be sexually attractive to begin with.
Then we get to height/weight. Short, rich men seem to have no trouble attracting taller mates. Gee, I wonder why. And beautiful, dumb, poor women routinely attract plenty of young, tall, financially well off men. That's how the world works.
Now then, no matter who you are, there will be some people interested in you. That makes it YOUR job to find them. Place personal ads, go out to places where people look for mates (well, that's actually EVERYWHERE now, isn't it?), and most importantly, learn to spot people who are already interested in you. THen pick one of them. If you've gone a year and don't like anyone who is already interested in you, then you're too picky.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 527
view profile
History
Men height vs women weight
Posted: 10/16/2017 1:38:01 PM

The arguments are always from a person who is interested in another who does not find person #1 attractive. Then it becomes the old refrain, 'oh they're so shallow'.

Yep. Those are people who can't handle it, despite they themselves being physically attracted to some, and clearly not to others. Some don't see the hypocracy. Also similar to what you point out: For some people when they Really like the other... after several dates and been in touch -- if that other person isn't really into them back -- they think they're being f'd with or something (because they're not getting their way there, either).

Either someone finds you sexually attractive, or they do not. Sometimes women can come around if the guy has enough money/status/assets, but men rarely get turned on by those things if the woman wasn't initially found to be sexually attractive to begin with.

Pretty much. But I think it the sexual attraction can lack being a Wow, so before going steady, another person/option can come into the mix, and one can then treat the other like they aren't (even though underneath it all, there is, but, there's more "over there").

Then we get to height/weight. Short, rich men seem to have no trouble attracting taller mates.

In certain settings it can be not-so-difficult. Really rich (ie "really high up") AND it being known in said environment (like work-oriented environments). But generally speaking, a guy doing really well for himself without flaunting it is only going to be a notable dating asset After he's already gone out on a date or two with said gal ("Oh, he must not Just have a good job... nice!"). Problem is, short guys can't get to that point just doing well for himself. He needs to get his (small) foot in the door, first. Of course, there's environments where there's a lot of shorter guys (like Miami), and many will be a little shorter than several of the gals they're with in big heels at fancy places. But generally speaking, if you're not flaunting it nor on a Sugar Daddy website, making good $$ isn't going counter being short, in terms of getting a date or two (but yeah, it can help turn apathetic-but-willing into something more solid).
 ohenryx
Msg: 528
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2017 3:18:32 PM
^^^ Well, if you’re really well off, then …

Take the case of Steven Mnuchin, 54 years old, uglier than home made sin, who recently married a super model, Louise Linton, 36.

Of course, he’s not actually a billionaire, he’s only worth about $300 million. I think she sold out a little cheap, myself.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 529
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2017 10:08:40 PM

^^^ Well, if you’re really well off, then …

Take the case of Steven Mnuchin, 54 years old, uglier than home made sin, who recently married a super model, Louise Linton, 36.

I'm not "Really well off", no. The difference between "doing good for himself", "well off" and "really well off", and other phrases like that depend on his surroundings. If I lived in a fancy high-rise condo in Chicago among rich folk, I would not be "well off" in that arena. Out in mid-cities in the midwest in general environments, yep, but not "really well off" though. It's a comparative statement to what they're in.

An example with super models -- who most likely hang out in rich environments, thus, one who's seen as really well off is going to be super rich, I can understand that if she wants a sugar-daddy or a guy for the sake of social upstanding reasons (you realize you're not going to be super-model worthy forever hitting your mid-30s and want insurance). But your example sticks out because it's not common. Being a super-model and going for Tom Bradys are more where it's at. :)

Anyway, my point is, a short guy in general environments -- even ones where everyone is making good money as does he -- what his salary is isn't going to much of an aid. If he went to a small town where everyone ends up knowing about everyone (and not making a lot; thus his $$ is even higher then too) -- then that's different. Or if he hung out at high-roller arenas and at least played the part as one and made enough in life to be able to do so -- yeah, he could reel in gals in places like that that attract gals wanting suger-daddies.

But in general: No, making a good amount of $$ isn't going to "flip the script" when you're short, and certainly not when you're ugly. If you went from scraping by TO being well off or really well off... comparative luck before & after can certainly be different. But that's for just about everyone. If you make good $$ and have bad "luck" in the dating scene to being short or whatever it is -- I advise going to an environment which attracts gals looking for guys who make good $$ (and aren't frugal nor projecting themselves as if they mine as well be average-teacher-Joe).
 gtomustang
Msg: 530
when you want to get a lot, its location, location, location
Posted: 10/17/2017 5:59:02 AM
as a lad, I remember an article on picking up women that suggested becoming a photographer, so that you might get a job photographing models and thus entering their orbit naturally. as the saying goes, if you want to catch tuna, you have to leave the bank of the stream and sail to where the tuna run.
 ohenryx
Msg: 531
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 7:59:59 AM

gtomustang
as a lad, I remember an article on picking up women that suggested becoming a photographer, so that you might get a job photographing models and thus entering their orbit naturally.

I remember watching some TV show about the making of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. There was a guy with a feather duster running around dusting the sand of the model’s derrieres before the picture was taken. Talk about a great job!!!

And speaking of being well off – I just got invited to a dinner party. Does anyone remember which fork goes with which course?
 windchymes
Msg: 532
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 8:16:08 AM
Problem in here is people don't allow themselves to "truly care" about anyone until the physical specifications have been met. Because physical characteristics are what makes a good relationship doncha know.
 ozarkguy
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 8:17:38 AM
^^ I always thought that you use the outside silverware first and work your way to the plate.
Or do as I do. Lag behind just a bit and see what everyone else picks up

Back in my college days on spring break, I had a pal who would wander up and down the beach with
his camera asking if he could take gals' picture. He didn't have any film in the camera, but we were all
jealous that he got invited to some parties and some occasional hookups. Was a great way to break
the ice
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 534
Posted: 10/17/2017 8:23:50 AM

Problem in here is people don't allow themselves to "truly care" about anyone until the physical specifications have been met.

Truly care? As in have romantic feelings? Yes, it would only make sense to have that be the next step after physical attraction has been established.

The problem with this is what, exactly?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 535
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 10:12:04 AM

It’s pretty crazy to think any person can control what and who they find attractive.

But in internet terms, that's exactly what is going on. Searches are pre-determined by toggling boxes on and off, refusing to 'look' at anyone with one particular bad trait, and so on. It's a 'manufactured' form of attraction. The software is the gate keeper, not your own eyes or instincts. You can't find someone attractive if you don't know they exist.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 536
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 10:26:53 AM

Problem in here is people don't allow themselves to "truly care" about anyone until the physical specifications have been met. Because physical characteristics are what makes a good relationship doncha know.

Physical characteristics is a requirement for a sexual relationship. Sexual relationship = more than just friends. You can make the argument about people Already in an LTR for years, and one's physical characteristics slip in quality -- OK. But that's a totally different story, but even then, going way out in left field in a bad way and staying there while the other is not, is still going to Naturally affect it.

But as far as garnering someone's interest in a sexual (non-platonic) way, of course physical specs/characteristics are going to play a strong role. It's a natural "scan" of said person, Much simpler than learning/assessing one's persona & lifestyle compatibility, so it's easy to fool ourselves to think we don't really do that to avoid superficiality, when we do (unless we're borderline asexual or something). And not being as picky as many of one's peers doesn't mean looks don't mean much of anything, either.

Some people dislike being turned down or not wanted by those they like because they're not tall enough, slender enough, busty enough, pretty-faced enough, etc -- thus think people are too "superficial" when in reality, they're consistently wanting guys/gals out of their league (hence their results), which is just as "superficial" by their claim.

If you meant "must bone" before "truly caring" -- it doesn't necessarily require that. But consistently having "handshakes & lemonade" dates keeps an emotional distance for most, unless there was some crush had. To deeply bond with someone emotionally, it's usually going to need some physical action / meshing that's more than playing kissy-face on the couch and stopping there for the umpteenth time. Because by the time you deeply bond -- requiring Many outings spent together -- if there's been no real progression on the physical side, but more of an "audition" ... yeah, many men AND women aren't going to be "all in" emotionally about the other. Many frustrated.
 gtomustang
Msg: 537
Posted: 10/17/2017 11:22:27 AM
if we care for people who don't meet our physical specs, then those people are our friends...until they say, "I already got enough friends, I'm looking to get laid".
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 538
Posted: 10/17/2017 12:21:30 PM
I just don't get the backlash wanting physical attraction receives. Unless you have never rejected anyone based on appearance and never would, how can you hold it against anyone else?

Furthermore, if you're not discriminatory in this regard, wouldn't this make your dating life incredibly easy and leave you with no reason to be sour grapes about it all?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 539
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 2:30:32 PM
Here you go, Henry. https://whatscookingamerica.net/Menu/DiningEtiquetteGuide.htm

That guy Mnuchen, he's not horrendous looking. He definitively has a type, because wife #1 isn't so different looking than wife #2.

Giselle has her own money, she doesn't need Tom's cash.
 forumslady
Msg: 540
Posted: 10/17/2017 5:24:51 PM
ThePigOfYourDreams-" I just don't get the backlash wanting physical attraction receives. Unless you have never rejected anyone based on appearance and never would, how can you hold it against anyone else?

Furthermore, if you're not discriminatory in this regard, wouldn't this make your dating life incredibly easy and leave you with no reason to be sour grapes about it all?"

I've rethought my stance on this and realized I wasn't being fair, or very honest, either.
I'm upfront about being overweight on my profile, so I'm not lying to anyone, but I can't get upset about them rejecting me for it, not really.
I'm attracted to big men, but only to a point. When I say big, I mean taller and yes, heavier than a lot of women like, but I also like men who work out, for the same reason. It feels odd to me to be with a man who is smaller than me, so if I feel that way, then I can't complain if they don't want a woman to be bigger than them.
I can say that my desire to loose weight is about my health, more than my appearance, but improving my appearance is also a factor.
I was not overweight until well into my 30's. I never had to think about it before that, I could eat what I wanted and stay thin or at least in a healthy weight range until my 30's. It's like my metabolism decided it wanted an early retirement and checked out, all at once. I'm not comfortable at this size.
Plus, I have arthritis and sciatica, two things I have NO control over, so if I want ANY control over it at all, I have to loose weight to reduce the stress on my joints and my spine.
I have an 18 year old and two grand daughters. My grand daughters, in particular, want their memaw to be able to run and play with them.
They will come to understand I can't control the arthritis and the sciatica, but I can control my weight.
I will have to do the work, exercise more and watch what I eat better. It's that simple.
I can't keep expecting men to just overlook my weight, but most important, I know it would improve my pain level and make me more able to keep up during physical activity.
I have met men who told me it's about being able to keep up, to not have the endurance they have. that is more the factor when it comes to my weight than it is about how the extra weight makes me appear.
So, yeah, it's time to put in the work and exercise more and reduce my weight.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 541
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2017 7:40:54 PM
Forumslady, it's said that when people want to quit something, it can be easier if it's something we don't need so we can distance ourselves, like from alcohol or cigarettes. But of course we need food. Good luck to you with weight loss. You've listed some pretty good health reasons to do so. When you're ready, you'll do it.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 542
Posted: 10/18/2017 9:18:41 AM
Of course some men will lie and say it's all about endurance and keeping up with them, when the real reason is that they aren't physically attracted to overweight women. They just don't want to hurt her feelings.

The good news is that there are some males out there who don't mind a few extra pounds. Kermit the Frog is one.
 daynadaze
Msg: 543
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2017 9:46:43 AM
Some people could save themselves a lot of time and emotional pain if they didn't spend so much time feeling enraged about people, or worse complete strangers, not wanting to talk to, meet, or date them. Why worry about people who aren't interested in you?
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 544
Posted: 10/18/2017 9:49:15 AM
^^^???

The good news is that there are some males out there who don't mind a few extra pounds. Kermit the Frog is one.

I'm not really 'up' on all those Sesame Street characters...But I'm guessing Kermit had the hots for Missy Piggy?

Oh Snap<<<

hahahaha ;-)

Oops. I mean, what a catty thing to say!?! LOL

;-(

Whatever. Carry on~
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 545
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2017 11:16:24 AM

it can be easier if it's something we don't need so we can distance ourselves, like from alcohol or cigarettes.

I don't fully agree. When your body is TRULY addicted to hard liquor or cigs -- it's usually > Excess food. I think it'd take actual starvation to be on that level. Appetite suppressants, natural and otherwise, can be done if thought out, and more effective than popping a Nicorette. Not easy -- not saying that -- but lowering your calories down to a norm (even of good calories) is an easier feat for most when there's a TRUE addiction.

I've rethought my stance on this and realized I wasn't being fair, or very honest, either.
I'm upfront about being overweight on my profile, so I'm not lying to anyone, but I can't get upset about them rejecting me for it, not really.

You can feel a little upset if you had your eye on them, like anything else unrelated to boy/girl stuff, but it's about not holding or angst toward them if it doesn't Objectively warrant it. We're Emotionally geared to be biased in that way, though. But we're also very able to realize reality. Much like I could never expect the hottest girl in school to want me. But if Ugly Betty didn't want me? She better be getting some guys out of her league left & right, if I'm not going to be like HUH? ("Hmmmm. I guess she gives BJs in the bathroom. Can't compete with that..."). But if it's just an isolated incident out of wack, I wouldn't be bent out of shape, nor should.

You can be WTH toward some people about who they're not going to give the time of day to -- oneself included -- all while you yourself "left swipe" many on looks too... there just needs to be some logical basis about the human condition that warrants it.

If single guy 6'0" Joe doesn't want to give Sally a try -- even when, if anything, Sally would at least be slightly better looking than him on the taste scales and they seem to be within the same zone of type -- and it's due to Joe wanting girls 5'3" or shorter, and Sally's almost 5'6", then that warrants criticism on Joe. If it's not that, but Sally's notably below his league or she's clearly not his type without being Hot -- then it's understandable. Or if he has just as good looking gal or two he's chasing, or a better looking one which he has a chance with -- while nothing sticks out for him in his personal tastes with her -- yeah, understandable he'll pass. Or even something unique, kinda weird, but whatever -- like she looks way too much like his Ex. Odd, but, yeah, OK. That happens.

But the "I deserve! Everyone's so superficial," just because I can't get Hot Veronica. If everyone's superficial and I'm not, I wouldn't be p!ssy about not getting the Hot Veronicas. Or Attractive Amys given try after try. If I'm not superficial, I'd be JUST as willing to hit up Ugly Betty (who doesn't give BJs in the bathroom), as I would Hot Veronica, as everyone of the same general type would all look basically the same to me... therefore, I wouldn't be complaining about anything in the first place.
 forumslady
Msg: 546
Posted: 10/18/2017 12:57:58 PM
halcyon skies-" Of course some men will lie and say it's all about endurance and keeping up with them, when the real reason is that they aren't physically attracted to overweight women. They just don't want to hurt her feelings.

The good news is that there are some males out there who don't mind a few extra pounds. Kermit the Frog is one."

Trying not to hurt someone's feelings is something some men would do, but some also truly feel that way.

If you have something to say to me, say it directly and don't pull a pathetic, passive/aggressive stunt like saying "her" when everybody that saw that knew that was directed at me.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you are such an 'itch toward me. Yes, I just called you an 'itch, but I can't think of a reason before now for you to make things personal with me.

I'm not passive/aggressive, I'm direct, so I'm going to tell you that you can keep this up if you want to, but it's rather sad that a complete stranger on an internet forum can get to you to the point you launch an ongoing vendetta.

Btw- The frog comment actually made me laugh. You must have been looking in the mirror when you said that, because you have always had a kind of big eyed, frog like appearance.
That's a sign of an over active thyroid, so you should probably get some blood work done to check on that.

Love you sweet pea, mean it. Bless your heart. :D
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 547
Posted: 10/18/2017 1:28:43 PM
^^^^^ Forumslady, not only are you passive/aggressive, your posting history shows that you are also a liar.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/usermessages.aspx?user_Id=134796198
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 548
Posted: 10/18/2017 3:59:20 PM
Formatting a floppy is a good skill for fat chicks
 NewYorker58
Msg: 549
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2017 4:59:15 PM
Forumslady, I wouldn't really pay her any mind. That's the way she wants to be, what can you do.
 siisaa
Msg: 550
Posted: 10/18/2017 6:22:10 PM

Why worry about people who aren't interested in you?

LOL Dayna. If that were the case, these forums would be much deader than they already are - or maybe completely void of existence. Imagine that!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight