Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 548
Men height vs women weightPage 23 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Formatting a floppy is a good skill for fat chicks
 NewYorker58
Msg: 549
view profile
History
Men height vs women weight
Posted: 10/18/2017 4:59:15 PM
Forumslady, I wouldn't really pay her any mind. That's the way she wants to be, what can you do.
 siisaa
Msg: 550
Posted: 10/18/2017 6:22:10 PM

Why worry about people who aren't interested in you?

LOL Dayna. If that were the case, these forums would be much deader than they already are - or maybe completely void of existence. Imagine that!
 gtomustang
Msg: 551
Posted: 10/19/2017 6:36:25 AM
"some people could save themselves a lot of time and emotional pain, if they didn't waste so much of that time feeling enraged about other people"

>>>Alas, it would require the strength to overcome the Id's voice and the Ego's demands. Too many people still see the world only as it interacts with/affects them.

"why worry about people who aren't interested in you?"

>>>indeed, we never seem to care about the 350lb person who thinks they are too good for us. we might laugh, but we never obsess over it or try to prove they are wrong.

"these forums would be much deader than they already are"

>>>And we'd have to go elsewhere to watch a trainwreck :) but would that other place allow us to type in a response, and show how smart we are?
 HawkingJr
Msg: 552
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 5:42:14 AM
“But in internet terms, that's exactly what is going on. Searches are pre-determined by toggling boxes on and off, refusing to 'look' at anyone with one particular bad trait, and so on. It's a 'manufactured' form of attraction. The software is the gate keeper, not your own eyes or instincts. You can't find someone attractive if you don't know they exist.”

I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t really contradict what I said. In OLD people are checking boxes of what they already find attractive – it is true that unlike often in real life, they are not allowing anyone to be an exception, but nevertheless you can’t really say the searcher is in control of what he or she finds attractive, merely in control of his or her efficient use of time while acting on his/her natural attraction impulses. This is a general truth of OLD, of course – thing is, you can’t search by facial attractiveness, which is arguably the single most important attraction determinant (hence, why I fail, no matter what else I may do to improve myself or my opportunities). Tinder and its ilk are arguably in a different realm in this matter from POF, Match, eH, etc. – there are almost no “toggle boxes” on Tinder, just age and distance, really, and every action on it is determined almost entirely by visual attraction. It is interesting that the purest form of what you seek is found on the application most accused of being superficial.

“Place personal ads, go out to places where people look for mates (well, that's actually EVERYWHERE now, isn't it?), and most importantly, learn to spot people who are already interested in you. THen pick one of them. If you've gone a year and don't like anyone who is already interested in you, then you're too picky.”

One of the greatest lies ever told in the dating arena is that there is somebody for everyone. Besides the fact that this is statistically impossible (there are always more of one gender in an age bracket in any given place the other), there’s just the plain fact that some people are undateable. Some lost in fairytale worlds or devotees of a great fairy in the sky believe that every person will have at least one person interested in them, but fact of the matter is, not everyone on this planet was meant to be a Darwinian winner. If you’re a bright red tree frog while all the others are green or gray, then maybe your azz should be eaten before you can reproduce and bring a whole bunch of bright red tree frogs into this world that are going to spend short, miserable lives trying to avoid being eaten because they can’t blend in with their environment. Maybe repulsive human beings shouldn’t be beating the system and reproducing a bunch of repulsive, genetically-disadvantaged offspring with short, miserable lives, either. I know I wouldn’t wish my life on my worst enemy, much less my own flesh-and-blood. Women’s overwhelming lack of interest in me is nature’s way of preventing a repeat of me – if I were to allow myself to mate with an equally or even more inferior specimen, we would be creating a spawn whose misery would be unfathomable, and it’s quite likely society would suffer as a result. So think about that before you go around telling visually repulsive people to stop being “picky.”

“The good news is that there are some males out there who don't mind a few extra pounds. Kermit the Frog is one.”

I have no idea why I get along with you better than the vast majority of women on this site when you frequently say things like that (me-ow!).

Well, it’s been exactly a week since my last update in this thread. In those 7 days, I have... 35 new unsolicited views. The previous 10 days I got 27 views – so 62 new views in the past 17 days. Again, this is a guy who with different pictures (that showed his face in the thumbnail) once went 6 straight months on this site with no unsolicited views. And with the SAME picture except including his head in the thumbnail, got no views just a few weeks ago. Frankly, I know almost no males that get like 30 views a week (of course, I know plenty of women who have gotten more than 30 views a DAY). Had I known it was this easy to trick women into clicking on your profile, I would have gotten back into tiptop shape and cropped out my head in my thumbnail years ago.

But despite all that viewing success... still zero messages. Great looking body is no substitute for ugly face. But what if I had a great-looking face but ugly body? Quite a few times I’ve clicked on a pretty round face and discovered that she probably weighed about 300 pounds... and decided to pass on messaging since that was I was almost triple my weight, so I guess my own behavior is probably my answer, although it seems women are much more forgiving of an ugly body than they are an ugly face (all other things being equal). Being obese is probably not helpful to anyone’s cause, but I really don’t think there is much difference between a muscular guy and a guy with an average, slightly overweight body in most women’s eyes – especially at this age, when most women are at least a little overweight and have become quite forgiving about men being overweight, if he ticks off most of the other right boxes. The only women this age that seem to be very much into muscular guys are equally athletic and ambitious women that want the whole package of perfection, so a guy being muscular is no good to them if the guy’s also short, wrong race and not rich. Honestly, I’m not sure what the point was in getting jacked up again, because I knew that was true – I was just really bored with nothing better to do than work out 15-20 hours a week. So I’m not sure why I’m feeling frustrated, disappointed and depressed with these results, when I knew they were inevitable. This is one of those rare cases where I just wish I had been proven wrong.
 gtomustang
Msg: 553
Posted: 10/20/2017 6:42:42 AM
Here up north, we're still enjoying mid-70 degree weather, but one day soon we'll be back to 40's and below, and thus wearing bulky, layered winter clothing...and body shape won't be nearly so noticeable. But a pretty face will get a nice flush to the cheeks :)

as someone who prefers curvy ladies, I can attest, a pretty face "covers a multitude of sins". On a date, i'm not talking to her b00bs, i'm talking to her face, and its her face that is expressing what's going on in her mind. I've heard others say something along the lines of, "They can always lose the weight". But of course, everyone likes something different. I suppose if a lady wishes a knight in shining armor, she needs a fellow who looks like he could slay a dragon, not weigh down a couch.

there's nothing wrong with getting jacked up, if I ever got the endorphin rush, i'd pursue it too. When you get old, you'll be glad for the good shape/good health you invested in.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 554
Posted: 10/20/2017 12:26:55 PM

But despite all that viewing success... still zero messages.

But did you message any of them?

So I’m not sure why I’m feeling frustrated, disappointed and depressed with these results

With any luck, you will soon hit rock bottom, and the good news in that is, your "I don't give a f*ck" will kick in and any semblance of self-consciousness will fade away. You won't overthink, overanalyze, constantly critique yourself or worry what anyone else is thinking, and from there, maybe you'll trade in what's not working for something you've never tried before.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 555
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 12:40:43 PM

But despite all that viewing success... still zero messages. Great looking body is no substitute for ugly face.

Oh, Jesus H. You don't have an ugly face. If you think you do, your eyes are an ugly lens. :)

Your issue is what you write to them (don't count on them writing you obviously), what's written in your profile, and your profile stats. Putting No for drinking + being short is your main holdup. I say the former being important, because unless one's on Xian Mingle or living in a religiously conservative area, it'll ensure an Off switch for most gals in "Maybe" mode when they're out there single. Your luck shouldn't be that good, but I think emphasis on your body should improve things -- not just for views. If you're only going for white/asian upper-class gals, your luck will be significantly lower, even for said gals just looking to go the fun/casual route when they don't know ya from Adam (but mingling IRL when on vacation... different story).

Post what you write gals on here, and post some links to some female profiles in another area who are Not them (if it's kosher to do) as just an example of the type/look of gals who viewed you and you wrote them. And I always advise, especially when your luck is low, to do cut-n-paste messages that just has quick+minor adjustments to send that aren't long (2-3 sentences; last one a question).

So I’m not sure why I’m feeling frustrated, disappointed and depressed with these results, when I knew they were inevitable. This is one of those rare cases where I just wish I had been proven wrong.

If you give me the green light, I'll make a profile of you (in another area that's Like your own but far away), and I'll have dates where you'd be driving to meet them if you wanted to follow thru (pretending you reside in X town 150 miles away). I can certainly prove you wrong, man -- as far as getting back-n-forth messages and willingness to meat. I'd sincerely put money on it. :)
 sun___flower
Msg: 556
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 4:09:00 PM

Great looking body is no substitute for ugly face.

HJ, you have a handsome face.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 557
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 11:14:10 PM
Sun, I hope your bf doesn't see that. Where is he anyway (butterbuttchuck)?💛💚💙💜💖
 4Lky
Msg: 558
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2017 4:35:51 PM
were all the same height when were laying down... LOL
 cw35
Msg: 559
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:01:58 PM
Comparing height to weight is dumb. They are apples and oranges. It makes it seem as if only men won't date obese people or something. I haven't seen many supermodels with heavy guys. Bottom line is women have a physical laundry list that's a LOT longer than most men when it comes to deal breakers for sexual attraction. I'm really picky for a guy, but mostly in the personality and mental compatibility side of things. If a woman doesn't gel with me mentally or has some annoying personality trait or turns out to be ignorant with low intelligence (upspeaking and vocal fry drives me bonkers), there's zero sexual attraction for me.
 from site to sight
Msg: 560
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:18:01 PM

were all the same height when were laying down... LOL

If guys lie on their back, there could be a height difference. LOL
 sddude
Msg: 561
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 10:44:19 AM
I was always rejected point blank or even laughed at in my face and was told they would feel ridiculous walking hand in hand with me, even when they were way shorter than me; like I had no feelings and could understand how she felt, she was the only thing that matters... money and swag was the equalizer, work hard to gain resources and build the up the personality (fake , BS or not) really works, since I got older after my wife passed away I have had no problem, point at a woman and the target will be acquired with no issues, hehehe, I guess that makes me a pick up artist, the only difference for me is that I actually want a relationship , my current GF looks like a Victoria secret model and is very jealous, I push her buttons to verify her jealous capacity.

I have had very large GFs in the past, did not have to ask her weight I can see by the size, for a man a woman is either attractive or not, almost all guys do not care about upper education , her money , her job or even if she has a car, she has to be pleasant in and out. By the way, I found my big GF attractive in and out but not when we were horizontal, it took a lot of inspiration so I could not stay with them; with smaller body types no problem.

My present GF is has no assets like woman desire in a man but she is very pleasant on the inside and on the outside that is all that counts.

When a woman has rejected me because of height, I usually try to become their friend, I hit the friend zone but they pursue me afterwards when their life changes due to bad relationships arrival of children or job loss, then I friend zone them and let them know they had a chance but they are not the same lady I knew then. When men is attracted to a woman they usually do not want her to change too much from what they are like, when change happens attraction diminishes, usually for me when weight and personality changes negatively.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 562
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 10:58:02 AM

When a woman has rejected me because of height, I usually try to become their friend, I hit the friend zone but they pursue me afterwards when their life changes due to bad relationships arrival of children or job loss

I think most of the time you're probably riding off the probability that it's your height that was the deal-breaker, unless she's taller than you in day-to-day life in public (then it's pretty much a given if you're not out of her league).

But yeah, what you point out is Where height matters. When it comes to someone they don't know -- it Matters A Lot. Which is while online-dating isn't so productive for shorter guys. But when a gal's a friend/social-group friend over time, the height thing means less, as long as he's not shorter than she. Gal's Picky attributes online Lessen, when IRL with someone they've gotten to know. The whole "attributes I'm looking for" checklist fizzles out when Already knowing someone IRL, who has some basic attractive qualities.

, then I friend zone them and let them know they had a chance

WTF? Then why even chase them to be friends? You're going thru ALL that work to tell off a certain % of gals who do become friends with you and want more than just friends, to "fvck off"? Yikes. I can see a situation popping up where, she was becoming a social-group friend Regardless, and did, and Then amongst your chatting when out with friends, she ends up being Open to more-than-just-friends -- and you never were That interested in her to begin with when ya asked for her months ago or something.... but trying to become their friend so you can reject them back If that opp comes up? Big red flag there, man. :)
 sddude
Msg: 563
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 11:30:01 AM
No not becoming friends just to reject them later, I actually become their friend for reals, I like to have many friends, even with women that rejected me, that is how I am, invite them to parties, surfing, have them meet my friends and I meet theirs, they become friends for not months, more than that, I help fix their cars and stuff around the house and they help me out when I get sick, you know real friends, a friend of their families, even become best friends of the guy she dates, you know that is being a friend not a red flag, I met my present GF during one of my friends party at my house (one who rejected me a year before), for some strange reason that friend had a big fight with my future GF (recorded the cat fight on my security system) , I guess she did not want me dating her friend, later she confessed that she decided she wanted me that I met all of her items on the check list, by then ... things changed I did not want to be with her anymore, no longer attracted, she unchecked items on my check list with time.

I needed to clarify before having other people think I had diabolical plans, I never became friends just to reject later, I just became friends, I like to have friends, at that time I had more female friends than male, I dated a lot of their friends, kind of how the "diabolical" plan worked you know... Be friends with the queen bee and date their drones buahahahah!!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 564
Posted: 11/27/2017 11:39:59 AM

When a woman has rejected me because of height, I usually try to become their friend, I hit the friend zone but they pursue me afterwards when their life changes due to bad relationships arrival of children or job loss, then I friend zone them and let them know they had a chance but they are not the same lady I knew then.

Vindictiveness is not a good personality trait. If you carry that much of a grudge toward those women, why pretend to be their friend? Just move the hell on.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 565
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 12:39:55 PM

I met my present GF during one of my friends party at my house (one who rejected me a year before), for some strange reason that friend had a big fight with my future GF (recorded the cat fight on my security system) , I guess she did not want me dating her friend, later she confessed that she decided she wanted me that I met all of her items on the check list

THAT situation, I understand. Hey, no, I'm into Sally -- sorry Marcy, you didn't want to go out with me 3 months ago... suddenly you do because other gals like me? You friend-zoned me, and I like Sally -- you missed your chance. Totally understandable. I can see where THAT Unique situation comes in.

OR another one would be where you're potentially going to be social-group friends anyway (friends of friends as it stands now) -- and the gal isn't That interested, but she's also not ruling it out, so she's Not Friend Zoning either. Some gals don't like going out on dates or hooking up with a guy that's connected to their "Zone", so to speak. "I like to get to know a guy first," which we can take as fat-chance -- BUT sometimes it's not. Still up-in-the-air. Something to bear in mind, so you Shouldn't "Pshaw" them if they Do end up warming up to you, and you're not after someone they know and are 100% single. Sure, as time rolls on, you can think "Ehhh, she never was a hottie or anything, and come to find out, she's not my type either," and her POV Ends Up going the opposite direction in your favor.... But that's NOT how you projected it. Yours was getting Satisfaction / Validation to "Pshaw" so many of them, Regardless of the situation (which I doubt that happens so much).

I actually become their friend for reals, I like to have many friends, even with women that rejected me, that is how I am, invite them to parties, surfing, have them meet my friends and I meet theirs, they become friends for not months, more than that, I help fix their cars and stuff around the house and they help me out when I get sick, you know real friends, a friend of their families

Not as an exception, but as a Trend -- it's laughable that that doesn't have an underlying Motive from Attraction to become buddies with them. It certainly does. You're chasing the 2nd-place ribbon as your motivation, and Hoping she becomes into you (alongside being legit friends). Sure, I can see a certain situation with a particular gal where it's "Ehhh, no. Wasn't that hot to begin with, but she seemed cool. But, I do see she's not my type," but No Way am I going to believe that you're not Liking them as your motive to end up Meshing with them.

If you're liking them as a person, and have had Attraction to chase -- enough where it butt-hurts for rejection when initially mingling with them -- it's either hard-to-believe there's "so many" you'd flip your hair and pshaw when they Do like you .... or that you would really Would do that to ALL. Sorry. Not buying it. :)
 sddude
Msg: 566
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 1:38:00 PM
I was sincere on what I wrote, still friends with a lot of them that rejected me and put me as a friend, I d not rule anything out but people cannot believe a person can be sincere and a real friend, some of those I introduced guys to them , some I have gotten out with so she can be my wing girl and point out ones that would say yes she will dance, others became my surfer buddy and a couple have become my girl friend's best friends mostly for drinking and doing make up together, one friend is my karaoke partner, like songs , phantom of the opera and so on... I do not understand the judging and negativity out here, so much pain inside people so you could project that to others, ..." I do not believe you, you gotta be the devil ," hehehehe, naw I am just a guy who likes peace and fun, love people and helping others, one of my best friends rejected me years ago and we are still friends, we are dog rescuers as a hobby, I have 18 dogs she has 22, I am currently trying to adopt out a formally abused Chihuahua, My present GF does not like her for some reason but she seems to love the dogs more than I.

Live life to give good example, help one another in life, make friends , good memories, show a good direction to others, have fun ,accept what is not in your control, make uncomfortable into good ones, for example when rejected I usually keep on talking and buy the table a round of drinks and tell stories, in the end I get even more friends and I hope they think I am the most interesting man in the world.... " Last year when I was on a work trip to Columbia, my helicopter pilot had to make an emergency landing... stories like that , wont tell you here what my job is about but it creates a lot of fun stories and fills my Facebook with stuff.

In fact I am usually celibate and tell them unless I get cornered which happens... different story.

I lived with my wife for 11 years until she passed away, we never had a fight, not even a small one, other than my family , no one believes this, they think I am lying, it is possible to be a good honest person you know, I never cheated on her or on anyone, I leave my profile here because I have never been contacted for the last 3 years , I do not care, just for the forums.

Wow you write a lot to try to convince everyone I am deceptive, good for you I guess, I write a lot to rebuttal, its fun I guess...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 567
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2017 7:12:48 PM
SDdude, bless you for helping those without a voice, the most innocent creatures that get so abused, dogs. I have a Chihuahua. They're very special and often misunderstood little dogs. They are the second most euthanized dogs in shelters. Tens and thousands of them are euthanized every year. Because they are so frightened in shelters, they don't appear friendly and they never get adopted. CA is overrun with Chis. I know a rescue there that flies them around the U.S. and to Canada to good homes. The rescue has a constant and never-ending stream of chis coming in and out of the rescue that they pull from a few CA shelters. If you ever have questions about Chihuahua care, feel free to message me.
 saintclara
Msg: 569
Posted: 12/18/2017 6:20:37 PM
Because you think you are being clever but actually we don't suffer from blue balls so not that smart ass are ya
 holaks
Msg: 570
Posted: 12/20/2017 8:31:23 PM
Someone could ask me I would tell them.....who cares. Wow, I am just blown away with some of the silly stuff people ask.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 571
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2017 12:48:32 PM

Live life to give good example, help one another in life, make friends , good memories, show a good direction to others, have fun

you write a lot to try to convince everyone I am deceptive, good for you I guess, I write a lot to rebuttal, its fun I guess...

Okay, I'll bite. My point wasn't so much deception per se, but a self-esteem reaction. No, what you described doesn't fall in line with what I just quoted up there. Look below of what you Originally Wrote (before you switched gears):

I was always rejected point blank or even laughed at in my face and was told they would feel ridiculous walking hand in hand with me

like I had no feelings and could understand how she felt, she was the only thing that matters...

I usually try to become their friend, I hit the friend zone but they pursue me afterwards when their life changes due to bad relationships arrival of children or job loss, then I friend zone them

I have had very large GFs in the past

my current GF looks like a Victoria secret model and is very jealous, I push her buttons to verify her jealous capacity.

It pretty much tells the story. :)
 saintclara
Msg: 572
Posted: 12/21/2017 8:36:26 PM
my current GF looks like a Victoria secret model and is very jealous, I push her buttons to verify her jealous capacity.

^^^^Men in a nutshell! Lucky I've learnt self defence martial arts from my brothers videos .
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Men height vs women weight