Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Brexit? A coup de grace?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 651
Brexit all the way to the door.. but no further?Page 27 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
Thread 1/ Let’s assume for a moment that it’s April 2019 and the UK has left the EU.

We are in the position that Brexiteers fantasise about and we have no trade agreements anywhere in the world and are trading around the world under WTO tariff regimes.

2/ Where would be the very first place we would go to in order to start discussions about a new trade agreement?

Three principles would guide our choice: gravity, comparative advantage, and the ‘dynamic’ gains from trade. Together, they suggest that, if we were developing a

trade strategy from scratch, Britain would be straight on the phone to Brussels.

In the 1960s, Dutch economist Jan Tinbergen discovered that there was a close analogy between Newtonian physics and trade flows. This is intuitive –

it costs less to ship goods between neighbouring countries, and the value of trade between big economies will always be higher than between small ones, simply because large economies suck in more imports.

For every percentage point increase in a country’s

distance from Britain, Britain’s trade with that country fell by 0.6 per cent. And for every percentage point increase in a country’s GDP, Britain’s trade with that country grew by 2.5 per cent. see graphic.

the EU buys just under half of British total exports, but its economy comprises just 18 per cent of world GDP, why does Britain trade so much with it? The answer lies in the proximity of EU member-states – on average, they are only 1,200 kilometres away from Britain.

Meanwhile, the OECD members that are not in the EU – the US, Japan, Australia and so forth – are far more distant, on average, which explains why Britain exports far less to them than to the EU.

Of course, other factors explain why Britain exports less

/ to the ‘BRICS’ emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), despite the fact that they make up more of the world economy than the rest of the OECD. Mainly, it is because their GDP per capita is lower – poorer countries are less likely to buy Britain’s

expensive, high value-added exports than richer ones.

Brexiteers want us to tear up our trade agreements and start negotiating new ones. With the end result guaranteed to be worse than what we already have, what on earth is the point?

Again, credit to Jason J Hunter
 vlad dracul
Msg: 652
view profile
History
Brexit all the way to the door.. but no further?
Posted: 8/25/2018 5:47:47 AM
P

"Sorry Vlad.
But calling me hen and saying that I was on the wrong side of history doesn’t mean that the facts posted above are wrong just because you’d like them to be "

What facts? Fullfact is used widely and quoted widely by many many sorces. And the FACT is we pay more in than we get out............

"You think that the Uk doesn’t benefit from being in the Eu on any level just because you say so.
That is complete nonsense."

And the FACT we pay more in than we get out is just my belief? The ecj ruling that profit comes before the right to strike is just my belief?

That is beyond belief..............

"We had a referendum and we won? That’s it. So no one is allowed to post anything saying that the Uk benefits from being in the Uk without being ridiculed by you?"

Show me with FACTS the benefits we get then?............

"Away you go. I’ll keep posting my opinions. Tough if people who voted leave don’t like it."

FFS stop being the 'victim'. Post all the opinion you want. But unless you show FACT rather than someones opinion then i reserve the right to question your posts.

That ok then?..............

"Why are the Uk govt publishing 80 papers preparing for a no deal scenario if Brexit is going to be so great? But wait. You say there’s not going to be a no deal Brexit so that’s ok."

Stop putting words in my mouth. I said we voted brexit. None of this hard or soft rubbish...........

"Well I truly hope that Brexit doesn’t affect you and yours. I have a feeling it might do though."

And i am sure we will get through. I have stated many times tough times will be ahead but it will be worth it when WE the voters elect politicians and WE can get rid of the fvckers just as easy. Try that with the gulag commissars..............

"Thread 1/ Let’s assume for a moment that it’s April 2019 and the UK has left the EU.
We are in the position that Brexiteers fantasise about and we have no trade agreements anywhere in the world and are trading around the world under WTO tariff regimes."

Lets ASSUME. No FACT just an ASSUMPTION.............

"2/ Where would be the very first place we would go to in order to start discussions about a new trade agreement?

Three principles would guide our choice: gravity, comparative advantage, and the ‘dynamic’ gains from trade. Together, they suggest that, if we were developing a trade strategy from scratch, Britain would be straight on the phone to Brussels.

In the 1960s, Dutch economist Jan Tinbergen discovered that there was a close analogy between Newtonian physics and trade flows. This is intuitive –

it costs less to ship goods between neighbouring countries, and the value of trade between big economies will always be higher than between small ones, simply because large economies suck in more imports.

For every percentage point increase in a country’s

distance from Britain, Britain’s trade with that country fell by 0.6 per cent. And for every percentage point increase in a country’s GDP, Britain’s trade with that country grew by 2.5 per cent. see graphic.

the EU buys just under half of British total exports, but its economy comprises just 18 per cent of world GDP, why does Britain trade so much with it? The answer lies in the proximity of EU member-states – on average, they are only 1,200 kilometres away from Britain.

Meanwhile, the OECD members that are not in the EU – the US, Japan, Australia and so forth – are far more distant, on average, which explains why Britain exports far less to them than to the EU.

Of course, other factors explain why Britain exports less"

That MAY happen IF his ASSUMPTIONS are correct..............

"/ to the ‘BRICS’ emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), despite the fact that they make up more of the world economy than the rest of the OECD. Mainly, it is because their GDP per capita is lower – poorer countries are less likely to buy Britain’s"

Lol he again ASSUMES other nations will not trade.............

"expensive, high value-added exports than richer ones."

ANOTHER ASSUMPTION.............

"Brexiteers want us to tear up our trade agreements and start negotiating new ones. With the end result guaranteed to be worse than what we already have, what on earth is the point?

Again, credit to Jason J Hunter"

Again his ACTUAL evidence for this is WHAT? Oh wait his ASSUMPTIONS

Must be true then eh?
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 653
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:08:46 AM
I think Vlad Dracul is the only one behaving rationally
here. I voted Brexit. Any one who didn't is evil. Pure evil. It seems for the globalists that it's all about how
poor we are going to be. As if they have any clue how wealth is created. Indeed many of them would have a parasitical relationship to wealth creation whether they'd be banker, bureaucrat, politician or corporate fascist lackey. And an economy where the elite despoil
the worker more is their single true policy.

Let's be clear here these "trade" agreements have destroyed the working class future both here and
in America. Our natural advantages built up during
our empires have been thrown away by remaining
globalists. In short we have exported our manufacturing bases to Asia. Our future will be
immense economic pain as we try to re-establish manufacturing and the supply chains .

I don't know Jason j (jackass?) Hunter but I suspect he
may be a little thick. You know stupid. Nuance is not
his bag. Simplistic maybe. Just so Jason J (Jason?) Hunter understands the facts of life the status quo
...not the rock band...has increasingly all the money.
The political process has been bought. Got It?
The global economy their global economy is leveraged
to over 2 quadrillion dollars. They have ****ed it up.
Not brexiteers. Vladimir here sees it so why can't you. You doughnut.

Comparative advantage does not work in this instance.
As Riccardo was talking about specific trade between portugul and England. Take a look at the repeal of the
corn laws , the impoverishment of the working class as
a small parasitical elite enriched themselves. Leading to the Britush empire falling into the shitter, world war one and world war two. Despite unlike today the world enjoying a soundish monetary framework.

And Jan tinbergen ?? Well words fail me but two things
come to mind ...one... close analogy is not an exact one and two...Newton was wrong. And three Jan the man is
probably an academic and these people are peer reviewed which means it's a world where they simply game the system. Would we let restaurants peer review themselves or should the end user decide.

We voted to leave. There's no debate. As I think an American founding father may have said let's fight them today so our children don't have to fight them tomorrow. Courage over fear. Wealth over our present
and growing debt Serfdom.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 654
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:23:27 AM
Is that right?

I actually have no issue with vlad as a person. I just don't agree with his Brexit stance.

Are you trying to suggest that a debate on Brexit should only be debated by people who vote leave?

Ah, you're on here to troll me. Do crack on. Hope it brightens up your existence.

State of you calling anyone a doughnut with your faceless troll profile. Why not just say who you really are. Two posts in and you are having digs at me and calling me names. Away you go. You'll be saying you've never been on here before in a minute.

Your exit from the forum didn't last long did it?

Didn't think it would to be honest.

Think I might make myself a profile with no pic and follow them around here.

(never been done before in the history of plenty of fish, ever)

Like I give a shit what some sockpuppet profile thinks.
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 655
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:34:37 AM
...Yeah .
...Ok.
....we voted leave or hard Brexit in your parlance
. there is no debate ...
...it's all about you ...I never use the word troll it's
for losers ...jmo...
...whatever.........try sticking to the issues...
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 656
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:39:32 AM
Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

And again lol lol lol lol lol. Lol lol lol. New poster Billy Big baws has beef with me two posts in. Funny that eh. Went straight to defend Paul. Nae? Needing hauners was he? Out of all the threads you could have posted on

Two posts in and they are having a go.

Put your real pic on WEE MAN and say what you've got to say under your real self. Don't think you'll have the balls somehow. I mean come off it. The first thread you post on is one to defend Paul and then go in on me on here. Surely if you wanted to be a bit less obvious you could have waited a few days before showing your hand.

Big chief fanny baws has spoken.

BTW. Like many other posters on here over the years I've had sock puppets following me around many a time.

It's nothing new. You can follow me around till the last cow comes home wee man.

If that's what gets you off. I mean we've had Paul and Leon ski. We've had man of substance.

Pull up a pew and join in the antics.

Paulineandzeus
Msg: 657
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:18:16 AM
Number 10 have called a no deal brexit crisis summit.

Except they haven’t. I made that up.

As I’m a doughnut remainer type

It’s in today’s times online apparently

It’s kind of unravelling by the day eh.

Negotiations aren’t going very well are they.

I wonder if Krispy Kreme will be affected by brexit.

Will all the doughnut shops need to shut. Will we have to make our own ??

I don’t really like doughnuts as it happens
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 658
Posted: 8/26/2018 5:23:02 AM

Yeah .
...Ok.
....we voted leave or hard Brexit in your parlance
. there is no debate ...
...it's all about you ...I never use the word troll it's
for losers ...jmo...
...whatever.........try sticking to the issues...

Nah, you just came on here calling me names in post one.

I'm quite aware we voted leave cheers

And it's not hard Brexit in my parlance.

There are preparations being made for a hard Brexit by the Tory party as we speak

Funny out of the numerous pages of people posting (both remainers and people who voted leave), my posts were the ones you took issue with.

There's plenty of debate on here as it happens

Just that debate in my view consists of a lot more than, we won, get over it, you are a remoaner, there will be no hard brexit

HTH

Now if you want to carry on calling me names due to my position on Brexit, you carry on. If it brightens up your life you go for it.

Whats the position on the Irish Border? Any progress yet?

Jacob Rees-Mogg has sparked anger after calling for people to be “inspected” crossing the Irish border after Brexit in the same way as “during the Troubles”.

The Irish deputy prime minister, Simon Coveney, attacked the “ill-informed” comment, saying on Twitter: “We have left 'the Troubles' behind us, through the sincere efforts of many + we intend on keeping it that way.”
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 659
Posted: 8/26/2018 5:25:45 AM
No more. Last Thursday, the government finally published the first tranche of no-deal notices, which set out advice on preparing for a no-deal Brexit. The government didn’t admit that no-deal would be a disaster in so many words. “Our institutions will be ready for Brexit – deal or no deal,” came the reassurance from Brexit secretary, Dominic Raab. But the drily named “technical notices”betray a different reality: the huge upheaval businesses and consumers will face in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

For every business that exports, there will be layer upon layer of additional bureaucracy. Pharmaceutical companies have been advised to stockpile medicines for at least six weeks. Consumers may face more expensive credit card transactions with retailers on the continent, and organic farmers a nine-month block on exports to the EU as they wait for the UK organic certification bodies to be approved by the EU. These are the just some of the gritty realities that will together produce the £80bn annual price tag of a no-deal Brexit estimated by the Treasury.

Read more
The government’s own scenario planning rubbishes two of the main arguments Brexiters advanced during the referendum campaign. Voters were told that leaving the EU would allow Britain to take back control. But the technical notices make clear just how much control Britain would give up in a no-deal Brexit. In order to maintain supplies of food, energy and medicines, the government says it will have to shadow EU regulations. This is the first admission that – whether we leave without a deal or remain part of the single market – Britain will shift from rule-maker to rule-taker as a result of Brexit. And that’s before we try and independently forge trade deals with giants such as the US, which will insist on imposing its laxer regulations in areas such as food on British consumers.

The reality is that the Brexiter fantasy of regaining control harks back to a time when Britannia ruled the waves. There’s no such thing as 19th-century-style national sovereignty in an interconnected world where economic success is built on international trade. The future lies in more, not less, intergovernmental co-operation and the European Union – for all its faults – is the most functional model of that. The reality is that the UK is giving up membership of the world’s most significant trading bloc – in which it has exerted real influence for a decade – in exchange for having its terms of trade dictated by other governments.

Advertisement

Second, Brexiters promised that shunning Brussels would lead to the slashing of red tape. But a no-deal Brexit will create a huge increase in bureaucracy, and not just for businesses. Raab has said it would require up to 16,000 extra civil servants – half the number of staff employed by the European commission.

Meanwhile, the impossible conundrum of what to do about the Irish border remains unresolved. And Herman Van Rompuy, former president of the European council, warns in the paper today that a no-deal Brexit could potentially risk the unity of the United Kingdom.

The crazy pretence that all will be well in the event of no deal – the equivalent of the government sticking its fingers in its ears – is the product of the impossible political bind Theresa May finds herself in. The hard right of her party want her to “chuck Chequers” and are actively lobbying for no-deal chaos. The tightrope she walks between keeping them on board, while simultaneously moving negotiations with the EU forwards, becomes ever thinner as the article 50 deadline draws closer.

And the technical notes underline the extent to which the Chequers plan falls short as a starting point for those negotiations. It would require the EU to pick apart its four freedoms, which it has said it is not prepared to do.

The British negotiating strategy rests on the idea that the EU has just as much to lose as the UK from no deal, forcing it to allow the UK to cherry-pick the bits of the single market it likes. But in saying that Britain will unilaterally adopt European regulations in the hope that the EU will return the favour, the technical papers put paid to that strategy: the reality is that the EU is in a stronger position and can dictate the terms on which it would do so.

Raab implied the blame for any no-deal Brexit would lie with the EU. But the public won’t buy this: most voters say they’d blame the government for a bad deal. That’s the problem with mainstream politicians adopting a populist-lite strategy. Once they’ve bought into the idea of a scapegoat – and taken it out of the equation, on leaving – the blame for the ensuing chaos will rightly and squarely be directed back at them. Populists such as Nigel Farage will be standing by to capitalise on it. Theresa May is about to learn a hard lesson: you can’t beat the populists by aping them. And it will be ordinary Britons who suffer the consequences.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 660
Posted: 8/26/2018 5:28:33 AM
If Britain leaves the European Union with no deal in place to govern trade with its biggest partner, it will fall back on World Trade Organisation rules. The same set of rules would apply to EU countries and non-EU trade partners. This is why the UK government has published a series of “technical notices” detailing preparations for a no-deal Brexit.

Here are seven reasons that sum up why a no-deal Brexit and defaulting to WTO rules would be bad for British businesses and the wider economy.

1. Tariffs
When countries trade, they have historically imposed taxes on imports from other countries. These are known as tariffs. The WTO (and its predecessor the GATT) has been focused on making trade easier between countries and has been successful in bringing down tariffs from an average of around 40% after World War II to less than 5% by the end of the 1990s.

But tariffs remain a feature of trading under WTO rules and the EU charges a range of tariffs depending on the product or service. For example, the tariff on food products and beverages imported into the EU is 21% of the value of a shipment. The UK’s fishing exports to the EU would be subject to a 9.6% tariff under WTO-only rules. Clothes manufactured in the UK and exported to the EU would be subject to an 11% tariff.

This would be costly for these exporters and others affected by tariffs.

2. Costly non-tariff barriers
WTO rules on non-tariff barriers (things like regulations on product safety, rules of origin and quotas) are very limited and not recognised universally. For example, they do not prevent the EU requiring certification for a whole host of goods and services that originate from outside the EU.

Things such as medicines, product and food safety standards in the UK are currently recognised as EU ones. But when the UK leaves the EU, UK manufacturers may need conformity assessments from the EU recognised body, which is a legal responsibility of an EU importer. This would mean that UK exports would take longer to reach the EU markets and the UK products would be more expensive in the EU.

3. Border control
Under WTO-only rules, the UK will not be able to have a frictionless border with the EU. Exporters would have to prove they meet all of the EU’s product standards and regulations, which will be costly and slow down business.

WTO-only rules come with lots of form filling. Shutterstock
One suggestion has been that the UK scrap all tariffs and regulations for EU imports and continue to accept all products from the EU without checks. But, according to the WTO rules, the UK should extend this approach to products from all other WTO members (it has to treat everyone equally). Is the UK ready to allow all food products, tariff-free and without checks into the UK market? Not only would this be very damaging to UK farmers and the food industry, it would threaten food quality and safety standards.

4. Services not covered
WTO rules barely cover trade in services, including financial services and transportation. So, trading on only the WTO terms would mean no deal on air transport. Access to the EU single aviation market requires airline companies to have their headquarters and majority shareholdings in the EU so airlines would have to relocate.

There is also nothing in WTO rules that would allow UK-based banks to keep trading across the EU. This is why the government has said banks could set up subsidiaries in the EU.

5. Hard to enforce
WTO rule enforcement is lengthy. It takes two years on average to settle a dispute. That also frequently leads to non-compliance with the WTO rulings

Also, there is no supremacy of the WTO rules over national and sub-national rules and regulations. For example, the EU and the UK have ignored some of these rules for a long time – there is no science-based evidence that genetically modified food and chlorine-washed chicken is bad for human health so, according to the WTO rules, they should be allowed to be sold to consumers. But these rules have been ignored and the products banned from sale in the EU.

By this same logic, the EU could ignore some of the WTO rules and block UK products it doesn’t like from being sold in the EU market in the future.

6. The need for trade deals
Issues with the WTO has led to a proliferation of trade deals where countries make arrangements for preferential trade either as part of a bloc or one-on-one. More than 50% of all trade is now done under preferential terms. As we’ve shown in our research, preferential trade agreements grow in importance over time and they increase trade between participating countries by about 40%. Inevitably, these agreements deal with areas where the WTO has failed – reducing and synchronising non-tariff measures, increasing mutual access to services and investment.

The UK would have to start from scratch in brokering its own trade deals, which require considerable capacity and time, with the potential for significant delays even between signing and implementation. Plus, the UK would be likely to find it harder to make deals when outside a large trade block. While these new deals are being struck, it would be left with just the WTO rules in place.

7. Reduced EU trade
The EU is the UK’s biggest trade partner. In 2017, 44% of UK exports went to the EU and 53% of all UK imports came from the EU. So new trade deals with non-EU countries, should the UK sign them, would not compensate for the decline in EU trade as a result of new trade barriers.

If the UK leaves the EU with no deal, the UK would lose all the benefits of the free trade agreements it had as part of the EU, most importantly losing benefits of the preferential trading with the EU itself, since under WTO terms, the EU should treat the UK as any other country without providing any preferences and applying WTO tariffs – a big change from the zero tariffs that the UK has now.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 661
Posted: 8/26/2018 5:30:46 AM
Why are the Govt publishing no deal Brexit impact reports if it is not a possibility

The government has admitted that it will not be able to ensure UK fund houses are able to service European clients under a no-deal scenario, saying firms will have to ensure they have delegation rights.

It added that any deal to facilitate future cross border sales was dependent on the EU.

'The government has committed to taking unilateral action, if necessary, to resolve this issue on the UK side,' said the Department for Exiting the European Union, in one of a series of industry briefing notes it published today on the consequences of a hard Brexit.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
'However, this is not sufficient to fully address the risks, and coordinated action with the EU is necessary.'

Any plan to break the current deadlock would have to be initiated by the EU, it added.

'The UK authorities are ready to agree cooperation arrangements with their EU counterparts as soon as is possible, the documents noted.

Labour said that the lack of detail on how the government planned to mitigate the impact of a hard Brexit revealed it was 'thin on detail, thin on substance'

This 'exposes the reality that this government is simply not prepared for a no-deal scenario,' said shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer.

While abandoning any form of passporting, Theresa May's Chequers deal said the UK will seek an enhanced version of the regulatory equivalence recognition which currently governs financial services sold into the EU from third countries.

Without movement from EU negotiators the UK will not be able to access terms currently applied to US or Canadian products, however.

'Unless the EU confirms it does not intend to put such arrangements in place, asset management firms can continue to plan on the basis that the delegation model will continue.'

The funds industry would be one of many areas of the financial service industry likely to face serious challenges on the first day after Brexit.

UK consumers are likely to be mainly impacted by more expensive and burdensome crossborder payment costs, while UK pensioners in the EU may face difficulties accessing annuities and insurance products.

Capital market particpants face the potential loss of a legal and regulatory framework in settling contracts.

The potential consequences of failing to reach an agreement revealed in the 24 impact papers contrasted sharply with the confidence of Dominic Raab, secretary of state for leaving the EU, that a deal remained the most likely eventuality.

'I am confident a good deal is within our sights,' he said in an earlier speech introducing the papers, adding that it was 'by far, the most likely outcome'.

The government said that it plans to allow firms in the European Economic Area (EEA) currently passporting into the UK to continue doing so for up to three years.

Similar regimes would cover EEA electronic money and payment institutions, registered account information service providers, and EEA funds marketed into the UK.

While the government noted it is currently looking to align legislation to try to remain in the EU payments system, it added ‘the cost of card payments between the UK and EU will likely increase’ and would no longer be subject to a ban on surcharges.
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 662
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 6:57:05 AM
My doughnut epithet was aimed at Hunter .
Sorry for any confusion.

You do seem to think us brexiteers are to blame
for Brexit. This I do take issue with. You are to
blame for all the above as you are unequivocally
an apologist for the satanic remoaner, globalist,
Fascist, warmongering, greedy globe you support.
You have an extraordinary flare for blaming others.

You vote for this system I don't .. SNP.....?

When it came to it I voted for Brexit you voted to conserve
and send a message of approbation to
to super wealthy that's it's quite ok to continue to extract wealth from workers.

As for your often stated remark about the pound tanking .
Why don't you stop voting for it as this
is your policy. The fiat pound sterling must tank.
Or we starve. The problem at this instance is the
Non tanking fiat dollar. If it doesn't tank quickly
then we really will be in trouble. Yes currencies
must tank to make headway for the debt that
must be expanded. A policy you support when you
witter on about austerity.

Do support the rich man's plundering game. But don't
come on here fretting about the shrinking scraps working people are left with.
You support an evil
system pauline. All hail the 52%.

The newspapers and the SNP manifesto are unadulterated propaganda.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 663
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:37:14 AM
Vlad, who you were praising in earlier posts, also votes SNP as does more than one other poster on these forums. Are you going to challenge Vlad for voting SNP, or just me? Most people on here who have spoken to me about politics know I only started voting SNP in 2015. There are posters on here who have voted SNP their entire adult life. What has me voting SNP got to do with Brexit exactly? There are plenty of SNP voters who voted leave. My decision to vote remain had zero to do with being a member of or voting for the SNP. Zero.

This is the thing about democracy, or what is left of it, is that you can vote for the party who serves you the best.

A policy you support when you
witter on about austerity.

Listen, you can accuse me of wittering on to your hearts content, but some people are directly affected by Tory party policies, I've worked with numerous people who are struggling very badly. You have your opinion and I have mine, lets leave it at that eh?

The newspapers and the SNP manifesto are unadulterated propaganda.

I only buy one newspaper, the National in Scotland

I suggest you don't know much about the SNP manfesto or their record in Scotland to make a sweeping generalisation like that

https://www.snp.org/record

I'll express my opinion on here, like everyone else, if you don't care for it that is up to you, but you won't stop me expressing it.

Oh and by the way, people who know me well (which you do not), know there are plenty of SNP policies that I disagree with strongly. Very strongly. And those policies I have disagreed with strongly, I have expressed to the relevent elected representatives.

Vlad and I disagree strongly about Brexit, he thinks Im wrong and I think he is wrong. But he is entitled to call it as he sees it and so is everyone else on here.

Or we starve.

Some people are already starving

This is Charlotte's own blog. She lives in Ashton Under Lyme which was one of the roll out areas for Universal Credit, she spends one day a week outside the job centre helping to refer people on to services that they don't and giving out food parcels when needed.

https://thepoorsideof.life/

A Trussel Trust foodbank in Airdrie which is ten miles from me almost closed its doors a few months ago because it literally could not feed people, they were seeing 90 people a day and were faced with the prospect of having to close because they could not feed everyone who walked through the door. They've seen usage spike by 103 per cent in a year due to the roll out of UC in the Lanarkshire area and DWP sanctions.

Some people are already starving.

But don't
come on here fretting about the shrinking scraps working people are left with.

You don't have a clue. Clearly.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people on here have a PHD in that.

Is that right? And what difference does that make to your life exactly, or your forum experience, given that you've been on here for precisely a week now. Would you like me to tell you what I think of the posts you've made to me so far?

Here's a tip, if and when you get that degree in psychotherapy and you know me away from here, I'll pay heed to your opinion of me.

I am not sure why, after two posts on the site you seem to be concentrating on me and my posts, given that this thread is well over a year old and numerous people have posted on it. Why don't you critique everyone's?

Cheeses you off that I voted remain and vote SNP? Don't like the way I post or what I post about?

No one is asking you to 1 Read them or 2 respond to them. Are they? There are people on here who don't share my politics who I get on very well with away from these boards, i

Why don't you tell the boards who you vote for and we can see if that party is 100 per cent perfect.

You do seem to think us brexiteers are to blame
for Brexit.

Shit sherlock no.

You are to
blame for all the above as you are unequivocally
an apologist for the satanic remoaner, globalist,
Fascist, warmongering, greedy globe you support.

You know feck all about the SNP if you think that is the case

Wee clue for you. The SNP are not the party in power in the UK. The Tories are.

I don't support war nor facism, but you crack on.

You are to
blame for all the above

Sound of the irony klaxon fires up in the distance.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 664
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:42:03 AM
Fiat money?

Having a dig at me for voting SNP. We've had this conversation before. My politics had nothing to do with my remain vote. Zero.

Why don't you just ignore my posts completely if you find them so objectionable and I'll do the same, as it's clear you and I aren't going to see eye to eye on here (and we weren't before you left the last time).

Cheers. By the way, if you had seen ALL of the interview I did with sky news and not just part of it, you'll have seen just how much austerity is personally affecting me (and not just me) right now and if you want to have a dig at that, you crack on. Some of us are fucking living it right now mate. I was on anti depressants due to the behaviour of the DWP. Ive had to involve my MP on more than one occasion thanks to being threatened with sanctions for nonsensical reasons. I have spent much of the last 18 months unwell due to the sheer relentless pressure I have been under, so don't make digs about me about austerity. Particularly when the SNP have spent something like 400 million pounds buffering Scots from the effects of austerity. Do you get bedroom tax evictions in Scotland? No you don't, why? Because everyone on a low income gets DHP for bedroom tax. Unlike in England. I was speaking to Charlotte Hughes the other week and she was saying that she wished it was the same in England. Scottish welfare fund? SNP. Please, it make sense to know what you are talking about before you label the Scottish National Party and me for voting for them, someone who votes for austerity.

Oh and by the way, even though I am NO fan of sky news and I did the interview with James Matthews because someone else was too far away to do it, they were absolutely lovely to me and they got it. They got what being on this horrible benefit is like and how people are suffering right now due to certain policies. And that is one reason I don't vote Labour any more, they brought in sanctions that have spiked since 2010 since the con dem coalition came to power.

You don't like my posts. Just stay away from me, full stop. I don't care what beef you have with me and how you want to express it. But don't accuse me of wittering on about austerity. Its not wittering on, its living it.

But if you want to follow me around the boards going in on me because I voted remain and SNP and make digs about Scotland, you just save it for someone else. Or crack on if it makes you feel better, obviously it must.

Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 665
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:46:14 AM
I voted for Michael foot in 1983
I voted for Neil Kinnock in 1987.
I voted for Brexit in 2016..

My point a vote for the SNP is a fascist vote..
You may disagree. I'll give you a rest now .
You continue supporting fiat currencies..

If you supported the conservative and unionist party ..
I would say the same thing..

I'm not digging you. Stop using rhetorical devices to stymie debate.
Just saying it's the brexiteers who are on the side of the angels.
You and others are propping up a house of cards that is leveraged to
over $2 quadrillion dollars...

No "digs " about Scotland ...
No one else on the "boards " but me and you.
I simply made a post on the Brexit thread.
I know remainers like submissive debt serfs.
I don't have a "beef" with you ..
This is not eastenders .

Sorry to hear anybody's troubles..
I would care to see no troubles just
like you. I'm not criticising you...just
your remedies. I have my opinions.

Can't remember if it was Macmillan
who said all politics was local. I think
that may be our problem.

At this stage pauline austerity is what
is coming. For twenty years we ( the world)
have been borrowing money to fund our lifestyles.
Unproductive debt. You have nothing to say on this
and its implications.

The banks are on welfare..Corporations are
on welfare...it's a fiasco. That simple economics or even simple mathematics evade bright people . Who is creating the
wealth that 8 billion souls can consume.

The system that you vote for and that I stopped voting for in 1987. Over thirty
years ago is a house of cards designed to
transfer wealth from the productive to
The rentier class. Voting labour or
Conservative or the SNP supported that
system down the years. My point is why is
a bright lady like yourself still supporting it.

Paulineandzeus
Msg: 666
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:24:31 AM

I'm not digging you. Stop using rhetorical devices to stymie debate.
Just saying it's the brexiteers who are on the side of the angels.
You and others are propping up a house of cards that is leveraged to
over $2 quadrillion dollars...

Your first post to me on this thread was full of digs. You came on here slagging me off and praising Vlad to the hilt, did you forget he is an SNP voter? Are you going to go back and give him shite for voting SNP? No you won't because he voted leave.

Square votes SNP as well.

Have you had digs at them over the party they vote for? Or just me? Just me it is then.

Sorry to hear anybody's troubles..
I would care to see no troubles just
like you. I'm not criticising you...just
your remedies. I have my opinions.

You've known my situation for quite some time. I have spoken about it on the boards in the past openly. Its not troubles btw, its being on the receiving end of a situation that treats people like they are pieces of crap. Millions of people. Like the person with a stage 4 brain tumour who was this week declared fit for work. That is life under the DWP regime at the moment for some people.

I have my opinions as well. So, see if I want to campaign for Scottish independence and vote SNP, that is exactly what I will do, but as I said previously my remain vote had absolutely squat to do with the party I vote for. Diddly squat. It had zero influence.

At this stage pauline austerity is what
is coming. For twenty years we ( the world)
have been borrowing money to fund our lifestyles.
Unproductive debt. You have nothing to say on this
and its implications.

We are already living in austerity times.

I believe people's lives will be worse off due to Brexit and you don't. Neither does vlad. Thats my opinion. The Govt are already preparing for a no deal scenario. That might not frighten you, but it very much frightens me.

Have a look at the way this thread has progressed. Ha ha remoaner, ha ha snp, ha ha, no hard brexit, suck it up, ha ha etc

You might think that is debate but I don't

Its been a pro Brexit or GTF thread for quite some time now.
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 667
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:48:25 AM
Vlad is a lovely 52 percenter...a rebel ...

It was anyone's troubles. You do write very well on
the welfare state by the way.
Brexit is not where it's at pauline. The world is broke
now. Brexit is a propaganda sideshow. It's being able
to see the wood from the trees.

A strong economy is not an indebted one . Every major
economy in the world is up to its eyes in red ink.
Please wake up from your Brexit matrix.

Debt has to be serviced. Our global policy has been to
have our globalist governments get rid of interest rates
. That's never happened in 5000 years of economic history.
What next a debt jubilee ? Let's start again ?
We are awash with unproductive debt. And you are
worried about Brexit. It's a cat up a tree. It's not a holocaust.

Yes poverty is here in this country. For parts of the world
it's always been here. It's going to get worse irrespective of Brexit.

The only choices...left...
We either destroy the debt by inflation ...
A collapse in existing living standards.

Or let Deflation send everyone into abject
Poverty.

We'll print some more debt first though ..
Yeah our currencies are debt . We circulate debt and call it money..

I'm not trashing you or going in on you or digging you....pauline just trying to state my
opinion ....that you refuse to engage in substance ...only politics which is a sham.
Sorry if I'm bothering you..

Remain is one of the globalist key policies.
That 's why I'm upset. As try said we should
not be concentrating risk. The CIA wants a United
States of Europe subservient to America of course. It's the dollar. We always
need a weak dollar. Alas since 1971 the dollar and all fiat currencies
have lost 97% of their value. Here's to the remaining (intended) 3%.

Memo do not mention SNP...again..

Paulineandzeus
Msg: 668
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:54:24 AM
Don't go in on me for voting snp if you leave other people alone. There is no "debate" on this thread. Just pages of you lost suck it up buttercup everything will be wonderful.

Debate is not trashing people simply because they voted remain

There's a cabinet meeting on the 13th of September to discuss a no deal Brexit

Post that on here and you are told that's nonsense.

By the way. I voted remain. Remain lost. So how anyone can think I'm to blame for all the ills of the world is absolutely beyond me.

Because I didn't vote leave? We've all to vote the way leave wanted us to or be hung out to dry. Again that's not debate

Don't go in on me for voting Snp while leaving other people who vote snp alone

Do you know who Jason J Hunter is? Go look him up. You post something from a remainer and it's all just rubbish rubbish rubbish. Brexit is all brilliant brilliant brilliant. That is not debate. Nothing like it

I'm not just directing this to you. It's been right through the thread.

Oh and if Brexit does leave people with less disposable income then many people will suffer.

How many jobs has Brexit cost already.

Sorry, but I won't put up with being mocked while some leavers refuse to see the harsh realities that very much look like they are coming our way very soon.

Tell me what substance some people who voted leave on this thread have posted to date?

You aren't bothering me. I think it's just off to start slating me for voting snp when you are sucking up to other people who vote the same way.

I'm an idiot because I voted remain. Don't think so.

And politics isn't linked to Brexit? No? Who called the referendum in the first place
 vlad dracul
Msg: 669
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:26:34 AM
P
"Do you know who Jason J Hunter is? Go look him up. You post something from a remainer and it's all just rubbish rubbish rubbish. Brexit is all brilliant brilliant brilliant. That is not debate. Nothing like it "

I had a wee look at him. He is involved in trade deals. BUT his view is still CONJECTURE. He is GUESSING. Now i tried to find an article on him where he predicted the economic crash back in 2009 but to no avail.

But i did find this FACT about economists..............

"An astonishing record – of complete failure
‘In 2008, the consensus from forecasters was that not a single economy would fall into recession in 2009’

The record of failure remains impressive. There were 77 countries under consideration, and 49 of them were in recession in 2009. Economists – as reflected in the averages published in a report called Consensus Forecasts – had not called a single one of these recessions by April 2008
https://www.ft.com/content/70a2a978-adac-11e7-8076-0a4bdda92ca2

"There's a cabinet meeting on the 13th of September to discuss a no deal Brexit Post that on here and you are told that's nonsense."

Who has declared the cabinet meeting is nonsense?..............

"Oh and if Brexit does leave people with less disposable income then many people will suffer."

How? We DO NOT KNOW yet. Brexit has not happened. But the economist's who are shouting loudest are the same who never seen the financial crash. Which put millions out of work around the globe.............

"Claim
The Institute for Public Policy Research found household bills will rise by between £245 and £1,961 a year after Brexit.

Conclusion
Incorrect. Consultancy Oliver Wyman (not the IPPR) estimate household bills will rise by between £245 and £961 (not £1,961) a year after Brexit. The figure of £1,961 was a typo in a newspaper.

The £1,961 figure originates from a typo in an article by the Guardian which has since been corrected."
https://fullfact.org/europe/claim-about-2000-cost-hard-brexit-comes-typo/

"How many jobs has Brexit cost already."

I don't know the figure. But how many jobs were lost when cheap imported exploited labour arrived from the eu? And as i have already proved as a FACT the eu court said businesses can move to nations where wages are lower. BY LAW.................

"Sorry, but I won't put up with being mocked while some leavers refuse to see the harsh realities that very much look like they are coming our way very soon."

What realities? Why, maybe, could be, might be are not realities. They are points of view. Yes BOTH sides lied with there claims. Obviously those with a vested interest in the gulag want to stay. Many who had not much to start with want to leave.

"Claim
Options for post-Brexit trade deals with the EU will lead to between 2% and 8% lower GDP.

Conclusion
This is based on government analysis of 3 hypothetical deals, which explicitly can’t be used as economic forecasts and are very uncertain. According to the analysis GDP will continue to grow over the next fifteen years in each case, but more slowly than on existing OBR projections.

GDP would still grow in each scenario, but more slowly
Although it’s not a forecast, the analysis does give an indication of the comparative impact of different trade deals. GDP is not expected to fall in any of the three Brexit scenarios, but it is expected to grow more slowly in each scenario over a 15 year period (with the caveats outlined above about the uncertain path of growth, and there being no modelling of short-term impacts)."
https://fullfact.org/europe/viral-image-brexit-costs-wrong/
 vlad dracul
Msg: 670
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:29:39 AM
And the much claimed eu citizens are leaving in droves?...............

"Has there been a ‘Brexodus’ of EU citizens since the referendum?

Around 3.8 million people living in the UK are citizens of another EU country, a record number. That’s about 6% of the UK population, according to the latest figures covering 2017.

That compares to 3.4 million in the year before the EU referendum. Overall, the EU citizen population in the UK has gone up by an estimated 240,000 in the last 12 months, an increase of 7%."
https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-citizens-brexodus/

What's your opinion on the rise of anti eu political parties on mainland europe? Why are citizens voting for them in their millions if the eu is so beneficial?...............

"Not intimidated’ Eurosceptic parties set to increase by 60% in EU elections.
EUROSCEPTIC political parties are set to expand their strength by over 60 percent at next year’s European Parliament elections, according to a shock survey, in a stark warning to EU chiefs.

The survey, compiled by Reuters and based on national opinion polls conducted in the EU27 nations, points to a rise in anti-EU transnational groupings in the Parliament next year.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/999893/Brexit-news-EU-Parliament-elections-eurosceptic-parties-increase-60-percent-UKIP

"I'm an idiot because I voted remain. Don't think so."

Who has claimed that? Because us leavers get bombarded with that insult constantly by the pro gulagers.

But out of interest what do you like about the eu?

See i think the economic policies they have forced on enslaved southern european nations is disgraceful. The 40/50% youth unemployment. The draconian financial policies forced on nations so the central bank and germany can suck money like leeches from working folk.

"And politics isn't linked to Brexit? No? Who called the referendum in the first place"

No one voted for a political party though. All the main uk wide parties were/are pro remain. For once our votes counted. And look at the result. Every elitist westmonster apparatchik is running around like a headless chicken.

And imagine giving the demos a say eh? Whatever next.

Ps good result for Well the day
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 671
Posted: 8/26/2018 1:44:40 PM

Who has claimed that?

The poster above. On several occasions

But out of interest what do you like about the eu?

I'll post a separate post about that.

Ps good result for Well the day

I only wish I had been there to see the celebrations at goal 3. I share my season with my bro and he was there today

My issue more than anything else with Brexit right now is that it should not be conjecture, we should KNOW what is happening by now

Its not your Rees Moggs or Mays who will be hit by a hard Brexit, its people like me and you

This UK govt want to seem to cherry pick the best bits about being in the EU but want to leave as well, they have been told time and time again that its not going to happen

PS, I don't care if people slag me off for voting SNP, but I won't put up with them being called pro austerity. I have a mate who has a restraining order out on her ex, she had a dreadful life with him, she basically walked out with the clothes she was wearing, the Scottish welfare fund kitted out her house for her and her kid, shes not Scottish, she is English and she has nothing but good things to say about the SNP and scotgov

Id be a lot poorer than I am right now without the scottish govt giving me DHP for bedroom tax (when I was renting)

I used to vote Labour, Labour let me and a lot of other Scottish people down. I don't vote Tory (no shit sherlock)

I almost left the SNP a few months ago thanks to a lot of shit directed at me and my family that was bang out of order (and I got an apology) from my local branch, so no, I don't think the sun shines out of their arse.

I'm a socialist and if that sticks in some people's throats too bad. Oh and by the way, I don't agree with a people's vote, because all that is offering is a vote on the final say, that is a nonsense. I accepted that we voted leave, like everyone else out there all I want to know is what is going to happen going forward, no more than that.

PS. I studied Economics to degree level, 3 years. Im not some wet behind the ears type who knows nothing about global politics, I just don't fancy the prospect of a hard brexit.

Oh and I know people around the world suffer poverty and I do not dismiss it as nothing, I never would, when I have had money to spare I have always, always tried to help people home and abroad. Ive sponsored kids, Ive volunteered my time for charities, several. My mum has as well and so did my gran when she was alive as does my brother.

That does not ease the worry of wondering whether I personally am going to suffer due to Brexit when its tough enough as it is living well below the poverty line.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 672
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:03:20 PM

.it's all about you ...I never use the word troll it's
for losers ...jmo...
...whatever.........try sticking to the issues...<

I don't give a monkeys if you think Im a loser

And it's never been all about me. Forums are two dimensional, you see the written word, you don't see the person behind the screen and that is the same from me to you or me to anyone else on here.

I've spent half my adult life campaigning, working with and volunteering for people who have been in poverty and people who have needed extra support for one reason or another. The fact that some people who vote a certain way are ok and others aren't is fair enough. And I have been posting on here when I have been absolutely floored with depression (and mocked for it sorely by one particular poster). There are days where putting one foot in front of the other is a huge achievement for me and Im certainly not alone. That is what a year and a half on the receiving end of shite from the DWP does to people. I actually said a few months ago if it had not been for the support of my mum and brother, I would probably be dead by now (cue people lining up to mock, I am totally past caring). If I wasn't as strong as I am, I wouldn't be here. Its not poverty that grinds you down, it is the control people have over you, it is knowing that people can cut you off and leave you with nothing for nonsense reasons. Even being threatened with it has made me ill, it is horrible. I know someone who has been living on 96 quid a fortnight since he was put off ESA, The DWP are taking a huge amount in advanced loans and he has asked for them to be reduced. No. 96 quid a fortnight. He eats because his foodbank allows him one food parcel a week instead of 3 a year, so if you think I despise the Tory party, guess what, you would be spot on. Hes got multiple health conditions including one that leaves him in hospital for long spells, but according to the DWP he is fit for work. Oh and I despise Labour equally, because they brought in sanctions and they brought in ATOS.

Let that sink in. He has tried to kill himself twice since February this year. This is Tory UK. Oh and by the way, I speak to more than one person on here who votes Tory. They just don't slate me for voting SNP. It is hard enough for loads of people out there right now and there are many more people who are suffering much more than I am.

David Cameron lives on his inherited millions, called the referendum and then effed off and left other people to clear the mess up (and they are doing it badly in my view).

So if I vote SNP and for indy, I do it because I want a better life for me and for Scotland (and I honestly hope that England turfs these Tory shysters out on their arse asap).

I'll stick to the people in my life who do not mock me for my political beliefs and do not mock me for voting remain

Or looking like Dave Gahans gf in a photo as well :) (jokes) This was probably one of the better threads the OP started, but as a remainer, I don't feel comfortable posting on it anymore, I'll leave you to your leave utopia bubble

As you were, take care x
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 673
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:35:33 PM
Oh and when the guy I know posted up the diary of what he had coming in, he got called a liar. He was mocked for having internet access. You have to be online to jobsearch, it is mandatory. He lives 15 miles away from his nearest library, hes in a wheelchair, he is in a very rural area and he has no access to public transport. He has kids that he sees at the weekend, he goes without food so his sons can eat. Is Brexit going to make his life better? Is it going to make mine any better? Answers on a postcard.

He got all the get off yo ass and get a job comments. He cant walk, he has a condition that leaves him paralysed and in and out of hospital frequently, just who is going to employ him.

I get it as well. I get quizzed on whether I have a TV (no), if I smoke (no). About getting free money from the DWP (must have forgotten about all the taxes I paid for almost 30 years). I had someone from here who used to phone me and ask me how I managed. As in, I was living the high life, as if. The last time I went on a night out was February this year. Some people are clueless. Ignorant. I was posting online last week and someone was giving it the, Ive worked since I was 14 and all these unemployed people with their huge tellies, who writes this shite? Since when did we go in on people who are in poverty. But we do. And yeah, I know loads of people all over the world have it much much tougher than me, but that still doesn't make life easy.

There is a scheme in my local town that feeds kids who are suffering from holiday hunger (that is, the free school meal that they get in Scotland, p1-p3), might be the only hot meal they get a day. There are school uniform banks in my area, there is a baby bank in my area, there are schools in England that wash kids clothes because the parents have been sanctioned and do not have the money to wash their uniforms. This is 2018, we are the 5th richest country, this is WRONG! So forgive me if I am not hopping up and down over Brexit, I am shitting myself! Because for a lot of people, things cant get any worse. Homeless people died in tents last winter. It is shameful. I cant even type anymore, I am too disgusted.

This is how people on benefit get treated (and I work as well)

So if I am concerned over Brexit, I am concerned because people like me who are under employed are going to find it harder (in my view) to get work than it is at the moment.

I also cant start my own business again (which I would love to do), as on Uc you get a year to make 35 hours a week x min wage and then all support is pulled. You used to get working tax credits, that is gone now.

It is harder for anyone to make a living unless they are in a very secure line of work or have an established business. Its hard going.

I dont even care about politics right now, I am too ground down and boy, that is a huge admission for someone like me. It took me everything I had to campaign for a local indy group recently. 3 years ago I was out campaigning every spare minute I could get

This is the difference between being at the mercy of the department of work and bloody pensions and actually having a life of your own
 Theydidnotfixit
Msg: 674
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2018 3:56:28 AM
I Agree. We are getting poorer and it's going to get worse.

You blame the Tories (pure evil) Brexit. Labour. Ok
And maybe you propound the SNP as a remedy.
Although in your penultimate paragraph you do seem to waver.

You have studied economics to degree level as a way of
establishing your bona fides with me. Fine and I do notice
you do that a lot but I have to say that the federal reserve
has about 800 PhDs and it really is not
the issue. I know people who are doing well and some
who are not. So what, it is not an issue we disagree about.

The issue is surely we are all God's children and we all should be getting
a fair break. Now what sort of (global ) economic policy has a $70 trillion economy ( and I'm using their inflated number) has $247 trillion dollars of debt. And you can double that if you include the stuff accountants leave off the global balance sheet. Let's forget the derivatives...

That $247 trillion cannot be paid even at nonsensical zero interest rates. The reason is that there is too much unproductive debt. The marginal productivity of debt is whack. We have a world where very clever people ( clever because you hang off their every word) issue more and more debt to pay OUR daily bills and hence keep us talking about non issues such as Brexit and whether Theresa is better or Jeremy.

This equals more and more interest payments throughout
the banking system. Which leads to more
debt for the increasing interest payments and more for
the daily living expenses. This system cannot reverse.
Obviously, because 4 billion people might die.

Why isn't this on the news ? Because it's eh actual news .
No one talks about it much. I do on here.
And much to my chagrin people tune out including
the fearless jo, formerly of this parish.

I mean if I was your husband pauline and took to
borrowing large amounts of money to pay our way
through life. With no intention of paying it back. You
would ignore your economics degree and punch my
lights out for bringing ruin on us. All would be clear.
And because you caught my idiocy early like a good wife
we maybe with a period of belt tightening could
save the day and live happily ever after. Hence
re-establishing commonsense and eschewing nonsense.

But give a guy a PhD and they run riot .....pauline!!

Obviously in the end without pauline's intervention
I will , sadly for a once great man, start to counterfeit
pieces of paper but because I haven't a PhD
No one will bother to swap me some goods and services. With a PhD?
Well let the looting begin and the killing and let's blame
Brexit. Up the 52%. ..down with the looters.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 675
Posted: 8/27/2018 4:12:19 AM
Why don't you just ignore my posts and I'll do the same with yours. Why don't you ask vlad why Scotland no longer votes Labour. I'll vote for who I choose thank you. I've no idea why you keep making references to PhDs either. I don't have a PhD as most people know. It's irrelevant how I vote. The Snp only stand candidates in Scotland and who runs Scotland if you don't live there has no effect on your life. I'll say this one more time. If any party is worth criticising I will criticise it and that includes the snp.

I vote snp. I don't care if that displeases you. I voted remain. I don't care if that displeases you

I also don't care what you notice what I do a lot.

Do you want to talk about Brexit or do you want just to spend your time having dogs at me because of my political views.

I suspect the latter. Can't think why!!!!!

Please just ignore my posts if you find my political views so offensive which you clearly do.

Ps. I studied economics to degree level because I wanted to. Not to establish boma fides with you or anyone else

If I wanted to brag about my educational qualifications I'd be running around the boards giving it.

I've got a PhD. (or other qualifications as appropriate). Wait did I tell everyone I've got a PhD. I'm better than all of you old wrinkly posters as I've got a PhD.

You notice that I do certain things a lot. Big wow. Someone pass me the smelling salts.

By the way. One person in my circle of friends has a PhD. And it's not anyone from here. The last person I met who has a PhD really didn't impress me much. I could not care less about peoples educational qualifications or lack of them.

Give a guy a PhD and they run riot? Is it amusing you this?

Whatever point you are making when you repeat PhD over and over. If you have something to say just spit it out and then just put me on ignore

Permanently thank you
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Brexit? A coup de grace?