Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > ?height?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 101
view profile
History
?height?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

I got really good at hearing some bizarre stuff and saying "Really?, that is SO interesting."

I try it but apparently my face always gives me away,
Words.....really?.....face.....WTF!
s'why I've never bothered with games of bluff.
 forumslady
Msg: 102
?height?
Posted: 7/7/2017 4:04:17 PM
RoxyMoronic- I got really good at hearing some bizarre stuff and saying "Really?, that is SO interesting."

I try it but apparently my face always gives me away,
Words.....really?.....face.....WTF!
s'why I've never bothered with games of bluff.

Me too!
It's not our attitudes, it's our expressions.
I guess neither of us is going to Vegas to enter the poker championship, any time soon. :D
 msssalexxx
Msg: 103
?height?
Posted: 7/7/2017 5:09:31 PM
Online dating has really improved my poker face😁😁
 forumslady
Msg: 104
?height?
Posted: 7/7/2017 5:43:01 PM
msssalexxx- " Online dating has really improved my poker face😁😁"

PLEASE tell me how.
I have tried.
I wind up looking more constipated than relaxed. :D
People will tell me to smile, then I go from being fine to actually irritated, because it's so presumptuous to tell a stranger to smile.

(Imitates Rodney Danderfield) "I just can't win, I tell ya', I just can't win. ;)
 msssalexxx
Msg: 105
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 3:14:39 AM
Forumslady
Just keep repeating to yourself whilst on the date
"Mental patient....mental patient......this IS a mental patient"

If that fails drugs and alcohol really do keep a poker face pokered 😂
 Ouija2025
Msg: 106
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 6:05:39 AM
Some people's stories do require listening juice ( including mine!)
No poker face here, I make a huh noise and stare off in space when the crazy gets too hardcore
 spot4username
Msg: 107
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 6:13:24 AM

Online dating has really improved my poker face😁😁

I am the opposite. My fuse got shorter. Years ago I would have smiled and nodded through an awful date. I would have just endured if he had lied and now I was sitting across from him realizing that fact. Now I would just say we aren't a match and thank him for his time.
 sun___flower
Msg: 108
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 11:12:17 AM

Some people's stories do require listening juice ( including mine!)

I like your stories, Ouija.

No poker face here, I make a huh noise and stare off in space when the crazy gets too hardcore

Similar here - I tend to say 'Okay' and then avoid eye contact.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 109
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 12:08:02 PM

On a first date I was told by the woman how she wished her father would just die.

Oh, I would be "That's SO interesting, tell me more," then shortly followed by "Have you considered a diet that's not good for him? Something kind of poisonous, but legal to buy so it's all legal?" I'd have a field day with it, myself. :)

If that fails drugs and alcohol really do keep a poker face pokered

Yeah, but then with enough drinks a gal risks waking up next to him thinking "Wait, what did I do??" I've scored a victory that way, with some gals out of my league. Some drinks makes things more easy-going, a couple more makes one's window for attractiveness expand... and a few more will make one more adventurous than they normally are. It happens to us guys the other way around a lot more, of course. Alcohol -- the cause And solution to, all of life's problems. :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 110
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 1:08:53 PM
A recent survey concluded that 98% of women feel that all men under 6 feet tall should be shot

That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy

Go figure
 Ouija2025
Msg: 111
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 2:59:47 PM
Surprised it isn't a 100% :/ You ok Chuck? You can always msg me
 yourstillhere
Msg: 112
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 3:58:01 PM
I`m actually glad when I see womens profiles where she states a preference that I do no possess.
It saves me the time and effort for everyone.
 forumslady
Msg: 113
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 4:46:33 PM
msssalexxx- " Forumslady
Just keep repeating to yourself whilst on the date
"Mental patient....mental patient......this IS a mental patient"

If that fails drugs and alcohol really do keep a poker face pokered ?? "

Duly noted. Hmmm, maybe it's time to start taking Uber, to and from dates. ;)

You guys are a hoot! (I mean you msssalexxx and those who commented after you) Y'all have NO idea how badly I needed to laugh today, so thank you. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 114
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 12:39:47 PM

I`m actually glad when I see womens profiles where she states a preference that I do no possess.

Yeah, but if I saw a gal who seemed compatible in a hard-to-find way + pretty attractive -- and then I see "Guys who are under 6 foot deserve to be shot," -- I wouldn't feel so Glad. :)

But that line wouldn't be necessary. It'd be a little disheartening to see said gal, at say, 5'4", instead have a footnote saying "I don't date guys under 6 foot." I wouldn't be glad there, either. If I Missed that footnote and I Did write her, and we Did exchange some messages but then she Disappeared -- THEN it'd be more like I would be Anti-Glad that I didn't catch the footnote in her profile.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 115
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:25:33 PM
"A recent survey concluded that 98% of women feel that all men under 6 feet tall should be shot"

I remember that survey only too well because for about a month afterward all the women at my work would point their fingers at me like guns and smile.

BRRRRR , still gives me chills just thinking about it !
 Chromis1
Msg: 116
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:36:09 PM
^^^^ There have been a few megalomaniacs in recent history who just as arbitrarily justified the euthanasia you describe.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 117
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:41:42 PM
^^^^

I remember about 20 years ago at this other job this coworker was talking to a very tall guy. I came around the corner, she looked at him then looked at me and said " wow , you're short ! "

Could you imagine if I had been talking to a thin gal and an obese gal came around the corner and I had said " wow , you're fat ! " ????

I have plenty of examples just like this that would impress Rodney Dangerfield himself
 Chromis1
Msg: 118
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:45:32 PM
I don't get it, Chuck. I'm an inch shorter than you and not once in my entire life have I ever been dumped on as being "short".
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 119
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:48:34 PM
^^^^^

Do you live in some sort of AMISH community or something ?

Sorry, not buying what you're selling

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Chromis1
Msg: 120
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:55:51 PM
The Amish are not short, they just have really long beards.

But it's true.

Let me put it this way ... nobody has ever said anything directly to my face. Has a woman passed on me because I wasn't tall enough for her? Probably, but I wouldn't know. I basically wouldn't care. NEXT! (Haha, felt a strange compulsion to yell that, too.)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 121
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:01:53 PM
Easy to say you wouldn't care when you've never had people say rude , uncalled for, insulting things all throughout your life like I have

order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 122
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:30:32 PM

Let me put it this way ... nobody has ever said anything directly to my face.

5'8" isn't classified as being SHORT -- but will fall into kinda-short... or even as 'short' in comparison to someone who's notably Tall. And although never getting "dumped on" to your face as "short" -- it is hard to believe that nobody ever at least referenced you as being in the short range in height in comparison to anything... unless you've usually always been surrounded by folks who aren't any taller than you or something.

Has a woman passed on me because I wasn't tall enough for her? Probably, but I wouldn't know. I basically wouldn't care. NEXT! (Haha, felt a strange compulsion to yell that, too.)

Well, it'd be HER saying "NEXT!" passing on you. ;) But you can Know if any woman ever has. If some woman taller than you but not that stunning brushed you off on several occasions, you can pretty much bank on you not being tall enough being The key factor with some of them, and almost always A factor with some weight to it with any of them.
 Chromis1
Msg: 123
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:38:43 PM

And although never getting "dumped on" to your face as "short" -- it is hard to believe that nobody ever at least referenced you as being in the short range in height in comparison to anything...

Hey, thanks for the redundancy.

Well, it'd be HER saying "NEXT!" passing on you. ;) But you can Know if any woman ever has. If some woman taller than you but not that stunning brushed you off on several occasions, you can pretty much bank on you not being tall enough being The key factor with some of them, and almost always A factor with some weight to it with any of them.

WTF? You've just pissed away quite a few words to make a rather obvious point, about which I don't care the least.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 124
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:38:50 PM
preferences and a straight-up dislike are not the same thing. too many people justify their dislike or even hatred of particular groups with "well, it's just my preference!"
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 125
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:46:58 PM
If a woman isn't in to me because of my height that's her choice.

I can do without the offhand remarks like " Do you ever feel bad about being short ? "

Um....why did you feel it necessary to say that at all ????

Sometimes I think some women have thought that I was full of myself and needed to put me in my place. Otherwise, I don't see why such a remark was warrented.

Fortunately, I rarely hear that anymore. That was mostly before the age of 30. Mostly

"WTF? You've just pissed away quite a few words to make a rather obvious point, about which I don't care the least."

It's not about YOU....or anyone. The MO is keyboard masturbation and this guy clearly needs help !
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > ?height?