Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 110
?height?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
A recent survey concluded that 98% of women feel that all men under 6 feet tall should be shot

That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy

Go figure
 Ouija2025
Msg: 111
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 2:59:47 PM
Surprised it isn't a 100% :/ You ok Chuck? You can always msg me
 yourstillhere
Msg: 112
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 3:58:01 PM
I`m actually glad when I see womens profiles where she states a preference that I do no possess.
It saves me the time and effort for everyone.
 forumslady
Msg: 113
?height?
Posted: 7/8/2017 4:46:33 PM
msssalexxx- " Forumslady
Just keep repeating to yourself whilst on the date
"Mental patient....mental patient......this IS a mental patient"

If that fails drugs and alcohol really do keep a poker face pokered ?? "

Duly noted. Hmmm, maybe it's time to start taking Uber, to and from dates. ;)

You guys are a hoot! (I mean you msssalexxx and those who commented after you) Y'all have NO idea how badly I needed to laugh today, so thank you. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 114
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 12:39:47 PM

I`m actually glad when I see womens profiles where she states a preference that I do no possess.

Yeah, but if I saw a gal who seemed compatible in a hard-to-find way + pretty attractive -- and then I see "Guys who are under 6 foot deserve to be shot," -- I wouldn't feel so Glad. :)

But that line wouldn't be necessary. It'd be a little disheartening to see said gal, at say, 5'4", instead have a footnote saying "I don't date guys under 6 foot." I wouldn't be glad there, either. If I Missed that footnote and I Did write her, and we Did exchange some messages but then she Disappeared -- THEN it'd be more like I would be Anti-Glad that I didn't catch the footnote in her profile.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 115
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:25:33 PM
"A recent survey concluded that 98% of women feel that all men under 6 feet tall should be shot"

I remember that survey only too well because for about a month afterward all the women at my work would point their fingers at me like guns and smile.

BRRRRR , still gives me chills just thinking about it !
 Chromis1
Msg: 116
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:36:09 PM
^^^^ There have been a few megalomaniacs in recent history who just as arbitrarily justified the euthanasia you describe.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 117
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:41:42 PM
^^^^

I remember about 20 years ago at this other job this coworker was talking to a very tall guy. I came around the corner, she looked at him then looked at me and said " wow , you're short ! "

Could you imagine if I had been talking to a thin gal and an obese gal came around the corner and I had said " wow , you're fat ! " ????

I have plenty of examples just like this that would impress Rodney Dangerfield himself
 Chromis1
Msg: 118
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:45:32 PM
I don't get it, Chuck. I'm an inch shorter than you and not once in my entire life have I ever been dumped on as being "short".
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 119
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:48:34 PM
^^^^^

Do you live in some sort of AMISH community or something ?

Sorry, not buying what you're selling

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Chromis1
Msg: 120
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:55:51 PM
The Amish are not short, they just have really long beards.

But it's true.

Let me put it this way ... nobody has ever said anything directly to my face. Has a woman passed on me because I wasn't tall enough for her? Probably, but I wouldn't know. I basically wouldn't care. NEXT! (Haha, felt a strange compulsion to yell that, too.)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 121
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:01:53 PM
Easy to say you wouldn't care when you've never had people say rude , uncalled for, insulting things all throughout your life like I have

order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 122
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:30:32 PM

Let me put it this way ... nobody has ever said anything directly to my face.

5'8" isn't classified as being SHORT -- but will fall into kinda-short... or even as 'short' in comparison to someone who's notably Tall. And although never getting "dumped on" to your face as "short" -- it is hard to believe that nobody ever at least referenced you as being in the short range in height in comparison to anything... unless you've usually always been surrounded by folks who aren't any taller than you or something.

Has a woman passed on me because I wasn't tall enough for her? Probably, but I wouldn't know. I basically wouldn't care. NEXT! (Haha, felt a strange compulsion to yell that, too.)

Well, it'd be HER saying "NEXT!" passing on you. ;) But you can Know if any woman ever has. If some woman taller than you but not that stunning brushed you off on several occasions, you can pretty much bank on you not being tall enough being The key factor with some of them, and almost always A factor with some weight to it with any of them.
 Chromis1
Msg: 123
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:38:43 PM

And although never getting "dumped on" to your face as "short" -- it is hard to believe that nobody ever at least referenced you as being in the short range in height in comparison to anything...

Hey, thanks for the redundancy.

Well, it'd be HER saying "NEXT!" passing on you. ;) But you can Know if any woman ever has. If some woman taller than you but not that stunning brushed you off on several occasions, you can pretty much bank on you not being tall enough being The key factor with some of them, and almost always A factor with some weight to it with any of them.

WTF? You've just pissed away quite a few words to make a rather obvious point, about which I don't care the least.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 124
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:38:50 PM
preferences and a straight-up dislike are not the same thing. too many people justify their dislike or even hatred of particular groups with "well, it's just my preference!"
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 125
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 2:46:58 PM
If a woman isn't in to me because of my height that's her choice.

I can do without the offhand remarks like " Do you ever feel bad about being short ? "

Um....why did you feel it necessary to say that at all ????

Sometimes I think some women have thought that I was full of myself and needed to put me in my place. Otherwise, I don't see why such a remark was warrented.

Fortunately, I rarely hear that anymore. That was mostly before the age of 30. Mostly

"WTF? You've just pissed away quite a few words to make a rather obvious point, about which I don't care the least."

It's not about YOU....or anyone. The MO is keyboard masturbation and this guy clearly needs help !
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 126
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 3:02:25 PM

Hey, thanks for the redundancy.

Actually, it's not redundant. I don't think it's "dumping" on someone to reference them being short in comparison to something/someone. ("Yeah, she's real tall tho dude. She's taller than half the guys here who don't stand a chance, and many are taller than you and I.")

You've just pissed away quite a few words to make a rather obvious point, about which I don't care the least.

Okay, I'm glad we agree that it's an obvious point. I only said it because you said you wouldn't know if a gal Ever has based on height. They do it all the time (including to Too Tall).

preferences and a straight-up dislike are not the same thing.

I agree. And some folks don't realize the difference when it comes to their own POV.

too many people justify their dislike or even hatred of particular groups with "well, it's just my preference!"

Yeah. And when pointing out that no, it's not Just your preference -- they can play a card that you're just criticizing their "mere preference", when that's not the case. Some folks can't stand back & think about it and say: "You know what? Yeah. I really don't like [type/description of men or women]. It's not just a mere optimal dating preference."
 Chromis1
Msg: 127
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/10/2017 3:24:53 PM

The MO is keyboard masturbation

Sigh. Yeah.

ThroatLozenge
Msg: 128
?height?
Posted: 7/11/2017 12:40:36 PM
I'm sure short attorneys are attractive outside of their workplaces too...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 129
?height?
Posted: 7/11/2017 1:56:47 PM
It depends on what he's short of. If a man's short of finances because he has to pay off interest on a mortgage... pass.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 130
?height?
Posted: 7/11/2017 2:15:26 PM
^^^

I bet his knees are going out, huh?

She works hard for the money...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 131
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/11/2017 2:16:12 PM
Butterbuttchuck, you're not short, LOL!!!! I know I'm only 5'-4", but you're still not short to me. If I had to put a number to short, I would say under 5'-6". Doesn't anyone see a gray area, between tall and short, sort of normal? To me, 6' and above is tall.

I came to WA state as a married person, and now with being divorced and checking out men, I feel like I'm in the land of the giants with so many being 6' and taller, but that's due to the Scandinavians here. In NY, there are a lot of Italians and Irish that are short. A lot Italian guys workout and can end up being wider than they are tall.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 132
?height?
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:09:28 PM

I bet his knees are going out, huh?

She works hard for the money...

You don't even have enough money to make a bet.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 133
?height?
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:58:44 PM
^^^^
Nope, because he has a MORTGAGE. Which he never tires of mentioning. Shrug. Who cares .. I have a mortgage.. I hold it.
All depends if the mortgage is a condo on the Beach, a huge house or a former grow up hmm
I have hives from the heat . That should be a selling feature
But a Q for the shorter guys complaining they get past over. Do you overlook HER sorry the pun, shortcomings> smaller boobs, lumpy thighs, crooked nose?
Hawkings is hot so he seems to be chasing the oh so perfect one.

Short to me is 5 feet. Lucky my 4' 8' friend isn't on these forums. LOL. She pretends to be taller, and wears 5 inch heels. I still feel like saying " get in my pocket" but I fear her
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 134
view profile
History
?height?
Posted: 7/11/2017 5:30:52 PM

Butterbuttchuck, you're not short, LOL!!!! I know I'm only 5'-4", but you're still not short to me. If I had to put a number to short, I would say under 5'-6". Doesn't anyone see a gray area, between tall and short, sort of normal? To me, 6' and above is tall.

Yeah, he's Not Short. Literally, he's not. Analyses vary, but by and large, you can't say you're "Short" when you're the average height of an African American male in your age range (~5'9" @50 years old). And if you're only a half inch or inch shorter than the average American Adult male -- you're not "Short". Especially when shoe size & posture combined can easily make the difference between a-little-under-varying-average and varying-average.

He's just not "Tall". But to be fair, many gals, when it comes to guys they don't know (online, at the bar, at a social event, etc) -- they'll only want to consider a guy who's on the Tall side. You for instance, in a recent post said you'd only consider a guy @5'9" Minimum. I think that's where he's coming from -- so he considers himself "short" in that regard, and obviously exaggerating his woes. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >