Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Taking a bad date to small claim court? He did “win”      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 26
Taking a bad date to small claim court? He did “win”Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
"Unless of course, it was one of those new movie theaters
where they shackle you down and stuff sausage rolls in
your face."

Oh wow - can you have pizza instead ?

Sounds like fun !
 sandwater
Msg: 27
Taking a bad date to small claim court? He did “win”
Posted: 5/24/2017 12:17:25 PM

What a ridiculous story. I can't imagine any sane woman wanting to date that guy now, even if they were paying their own way. He's got issues.

He went overboard with the lawsuit. But I think her behavior was worse than his. Sending 1-2 texts to say you got there safely to or check in on the babysitter is cool. Getting angry and leaving because he asked her to stop texting sounds like she has issues.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/24/2017 2:11:41 PM

"Unless of course, it was one of those new movie theaters
your face."

Sounds like fun !

Wait I'm confused who likes to be shackled down and have sausage rolls stuffed in their face? This is a very important question guys.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2017 3:57:09 PM

Getting angry and leaving because he asked her to stop texting sounds like she has issues.

Time to update those tired old dating profile tropes:

- "I like to laugh" == "I like to text nonstop, day, night, meals, movies, work, and sex"

- "My children are my world, they will always come first. Not looking for a Dad." == "Social media is my world, it will always come first. Not looking for a blog editor, critic, or censor."

- "Looking for a REAL man." == "Looking for a REAL content provider & videographer to generate more hits on all my social media profiles and put Instagram models to shame."
 forumslady
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/24/2017 5:32:07 PM
Butterchickenchuck- "Unless of course, it was one of those new movie theaters
your face."

Sounds like fun !

Ppfftt! Absolutely NOT!
Come on Chuck, get with the program, shackles etiquette means sausage roles and only water to drink.
You can get pizza once handcuff's become involved, then they let you have wine too, but you have to pay for the upgrade. Two restraints cost extra. :D ;D
 NewYorker58
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2017 7:40:24 PM
I would have changed my seat and would not expect a ride home. Suing is ridiculous. Women know to take money with them if a date goes bad. No one thinks to sue their date for a taxi fare. It was a bad date, get over it and move on.
 moraima
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2017 8:37:48 PM
Win?

Suck it up Buttercup.

Millions - Billions of daters suck it up every night after a bad date.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/25/2017 5:05:25 AM
"He went overboard with the lawsuit."

I beg to differ. Lawsuits are what we, as a society, decided to substitute for black eyes. He is doing what we all want him to do. He was insulted and stranded. What was his remedy? In times past, it would have been pistols at dawn. Would we prefer he smash her about instead? People have been shot for far less.
 gtomustang
Msg: 34
keeping austin weird
Posted: 5/25/2017 8:44:50 AM
Back when I was paying rent, utilities and university tuition, I was dating a lass who wondered why most of our dates were at my place. I explained to her that she'd fall asleep by 9pm for every situation but sex. I wasn't going to pay for an event just so she could sleep on my shoulder the whole night. Tho if she wanted to go to the free events at university with me, she could certainly do that, and stay the night at my place (no roommate) and drive herself home the next morning.

So, I get the guy made an investment that didn't pay off. But how many of us do that in a week? we try a new restaurant and it sucks. We go see a movie and it sucks--do we sue the movie theatre for the $17.31? Other than getting stiffed for the ride home, I don't see the pain and suffering--and he didn't sue for the uber. if ya can't afford to lose $17.31, i'd say, don't date.

besides, what happened to good ol' fashioned slandering your date on the internet? sheesh.

(yes, that was tongue in cheek)
 Maleman999
Msg: 35
keeping austin weird
Posted: 5/25/2017 9:19:26 AM

I beg to differ. Lawsuits are what we, as a society, decided to substitute for black eyes.

If they met at a coffee shop, where the guy paid for both his and her coffees, and she was texting the whole time, would he be justified to sue for the price of the coffee? Where do you draw the line over how much to sue for?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2017 1:03:06 PM

I don't think a woman offering ( or not offering ) to pay is a general indicator of interest in either direction.

Okay, but I hope you can understand why I took it differently tho implying a pattern, when you initially said:

In the instances when a woman didn't offer to pay anything on a first date with me, the majority of the time it was fairly obvious that there wasn't going to be another date.

But if ya didn't, but was just a random thought that popped in your head, that's fine. My point was just that If there would be a pattern, it would be the other way around (unless the the guy made it clear he was to Take her out).

I never directly asked a woman to pay for part of the date. I had women offer to split the bill and I told them just to pay the tip.

Just to be clear, I wasn't implying you have on the 1st sentence. The second sentence, I agree -- if the offer at least seems genuine, that's a good move to do. I would say though that when the offer or motioning toward the purse seems staged, that it's not the best move to do so... especially if it's implied you're Taking them out on a date. Not to say it'd cost one going from a great date to bad or anything with most... but especially on a 1st date, it's not the best. One of the main reasons even if I'm not ga-ga about the gal that I approach things with a little caution is that I don't live in NY City. People-know-people, word gets around -- it doesn't take a farm town for that.

No women told me on a subsequent date that they would have lost interest if I had accepted her offer to split the bill.

Oh, I hear that all the time, directly or indirectly... like talking about the subject, starting in reference to their friends or my friends going on them... among other subjects, too. I've heard gals (and GFs) say that if the guy wanted to split the bill on any dates after the 1st, or took their faux ("polite") offer on the 1st -- that they'd react anywhere from disappointed to "see ya".

However if that was the case, then I wouldn't regret my decision.

I hear ya. In many cases, retrospectively, if I didn't take the more "safe" route -- I wouldn't either. :) However, there have been handfuls where I would. But again, people-know-people, and that plays a role into playing it more safe. And, enough to tilt the scales from a new gal who has so-so interest that you're interest in giving things a go VS laying low on responding to post-date texts, thus things fizzling out. Once I garner their solid interest, then I feel more freewheeling. :)
 ebolakitty
Msg: 37
keeping austin weird
Posted: 5/26/2017 2:25:32 AM

Where do you draw the line over how much to sue for?

Some places do draw a line. It's a bad idea. If people are supposed to turn to the law for redress of grievances then the law shouldn't leave them to their own devices.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/26/2017 4:50:21 AM

He was insulted and stranded. What was his remedy? In times past, it would have been pistols at dawn. Would we prefer he smash her about instead? People have been shot for far less.

Perhaps the three most likely alternatives would be 1) he finds out where she lives and takes some of her items to compensate for the losses he incurred, 2) he says "you owe it to me" and does a coercion rape, 3) he might keep contacting her demanding a refund.

Best if he doesn't spend any money on her. Women shouldn't let men spend money on them.

Men should only go somewhere he would enjoy being alone. Then he can still enjoy himself even if he gets stood up or she spends the entire time texting, or she's 10 years older and 50 pounds heavier than her photo. Don't spend any money you would resent if the date doesn't go well or it doesn't lead to seeing each other again.

The movie was a bad choice. He should wait until it's on Netflix or Redbox and see it on a "chill" date.

Getting a ride from her was an even worse choice. She's a stranger who could desert him at any time. She could be suicidal, about to take him out with her. She might drive them somewhere her friends might rob and/or kill him.
 spot4username
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2017 6:44:29 AM

Perhaps the three most likely alternatives would be 1) he finds out where she lives and takes some of her items to compensate for the losses he incurred, 2) he says "you owe it to me" and does a coercion rape, 3) he might keep contacting her demanding a refund.

A coercion rape? What exactly is a coercion rape? Forgive my ignorance on the terminology. I am trying to understand how it would be a likely alternative to anything.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/26/2017 6:56:25 AM
The guy bit short of a scammer.. just an attention whore
"It turns out the suit isn't the first high-profile SMDH move on the part of Vezmar—and Chicagoans will certainly recall a previous one well: Vezmar's letter to the Tribune from back in January, in which he trollishly announced his abandonment of his Chicago hometown—except that it wasn't even really his hometown.

We were made aware of the link from a tweet by Daniel Kay Hertz, a Senior Policy Analyst at the CTBA and a prominent urban policy writer in Chicago.

Well, Vezmar, who's the president of a media consultancy firm called The Messaging Company and is certainly still on message, doubled down on both his lawsuit and his half-baked Chicago shade"
But he did manage to get his picture plastered everywhere. He originally wanted $4 for the pizza. What kind of crap pizza costs $4?
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/26/2017 7:53:46 AM
"You owe it to me because I spent $XX on you or did XYZ for you" is coercion. Requiring someone to perform sexual acts in exchange for having spent money or doing some service is a form of rape.

I'd rather have someone take me to court to try to get their money back than an alternative of someone trying to commit rape / assault (or shoot the other person dead as someone posted earlier). Best to be proactive and not get into such a position in the first place.
 gtomustang
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/26/2017 8:27:30 AM
well, i'll be danged, there is such a thing as "coercion rape"

https://www.bustle.com/articles/67926-is-it-rape-if-you-say-yes-5-types-of-sexual-coercion-explained

or, as experts call it...rape. I would think, however, a man with normal ability to think, can use the big head over the little head to realize when he's doing something wrong. As a college student, I had drunk girls come onto me, and didn't go thru w/ it out of paranoia they'd recant the next day. I'd think many guys should be capable of the same level of self-respect (ie, don't cause problems you don't wish to have). Or as they may know it, "the 7 P's".

I will agree with VH on two things:

1) pick a location you don't mind being along at. b/c you might end up alone.

2) don't rely on others for your transport. Who wants to risk a drunken driver?

call me paranoid. but sometimes, they are out to getcha :) as for the choice between being sued and being raped, i'd of course go for choice C, they act like an adult and realize some investments don't pay off. that's why they are a risk. at the end of the day, however, paying the lawsuit off reminds me of that line from the movie "A Bronx Tale". Dork owes one of the main characters $20, the other main character asks the first if he even likes the dork, and when the answer is no, Sonny points out,

"He's never going to bother y0u again, and it only costs you $20. You got off easy."

I know, "its the principle of the thing", and all that. but i'd pay the $20 and then file a restraining order.
 spot4username
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2017 8:41:54 AM

or, as experts call it...rape

Exactly.

pick a location you don't mind being along at. b/c you might end up alone

I also agree with this. I always agree to a spot I will be comfortable in if I find myself alone or agree to a place I have always wanted to check out. That way if the date doesn't work out I have still explored a new venue.

don't rely on others for your transport. Who wants to risk a drunken driver?

Yup. I would never agree to ride with someone I am not already comfortable with. I like to have my own transportation. Having to rely on another person would make me feel too helpless.

As a rule I usually arrive early and order and pay for whatever I would like to drink. That way I can easily walk away if need be without having to sort out the bill.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/26/2017 1:43:27 PM

coercion rape

Yah know at a certain point people are going to skew the lines of rape so much that any sex is rape. I mean is a man lying to a woman about himself rape? She wouldn't of had sex with him if he had told the truth after all. Don't get me wrong I'm not for coercion or even lying to a woman to get her to sleep with you. So I'm not advocating anything like that but real rape is a serious thing and doesn't deserve to be skewed like that because it belittles real victims of violent sexual assault.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/26/2017 3:15:06 PM

Yah know at a certain point people are going to skew the lines of rape so much that any sex is rape.

Jack, we are already there. It is done. There is no such thing as rape. Not saying that forced sex doesn't happen. It just isn't a crime anymore because irresponsible hysteria has made it impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. There is too much money in the rape accusation racket to lend it any credibility.

A lot of guys won't try to stop a rape. A lot of guys won't ever convict someone of rape in court. I'm one of them. We consider it unjust to assist the government in swapping the prosecution of an alleged crime for political opportunism or to deny due process to enhance cash flow.

Too bad for the truly injured but since there is no way to get to the bottom of it, you can't do much. I don't care about rape anymore. Joe Biden does enough white knighting for both of us. He is also one of the most to blame for the current state of affairs. Go figure.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/26/2017 6:02:10 PM

Jack, we are already there. It is done. There is no such thing as rape.

Seems like this gets done with so many serious issues I just don't get it. Seems like the same thing has been done with domestic violence as well with Financial Abuse being considered domestic violence. Beating the sh!t out of someone is not the same as trying to control someone's money that they have the ultimate control over. Anyone can go to their job and ask for a change of their direct deposit. I mean what the f*ck?
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/27/2017 4:17:00 AM

It seems some here have some very skewed ideas of right and wrong

I'd say skewed ideas of criminal and not as criminal. As in the woman in this case could be guilty of misrepresenting herself and wasting a guy's time and paying $17 makes the crime fit the punishment. Now if someone tried to convict her of extortion and gave her 17 years in jail instead of paying $17 that would be the equivalent of what some attempt here and the skewed ideas of right and wrong that we already spoke of before you did. I mean do you believe it is right for someone to be lumped in with child sex offender in both time served and registration for sleeping with a willing 17 year old girl when they are 18 maybe even 19 year old man? Yet they are. So there being a such thing as well as, "coercion rape" how is it that you think the court system will treat that little number?

A barmaid in the area that I live at a sports bar I frequent filed a sexual assault charge on a guy I've seen around for putting his finger on her boob for 10 seconds. He was drunk and they were having a conversation about breast cancer. He said my wife had cancer right there pointing at her boob and things were probably closer than they appeared and touched it according to both him and her. As in they told the same story. I mean this sh!t is out of control crazy.

rape also happens to men and is not solely a female issue.

It does happen to men and I don't remember seeing anyone on here saying it only happens to women but yet only women seem to be the ones skewing what rape actually is. I think any rational human being would agree real rape in it's truest definition cannot be coerced. Try that sh!t with a man trying to coerce another straight man for sex anywhere and see how that sh!t works out for them. It's not going to be pretty.

A lot of guys won't try to stop a rape.

I don't know for me personally it depends on what type it is. If you are talking about a violent sexual assault or a deal where a man spikes a drink or try's to take advantage of a intoxicated or under the influence woman yeah I'd probably try and stop that and have before. If you are talking about a so called "coercion rape" I expect her to pull up her big girl panties and handle that one herself. So I'm not sure what ebola meant and it is really his own personal choice on what he wants to do or how he wants to handle it. Not really my place to tell him what to do.

A lot of guys won't ever convict someone of rape in court. I'm one of them.

Again really depends on the situation as in is it a so called "coercion rape" or a 18-19 year old man with a willing 17 maybe even 16 year old girl? I may decide the same depending on the situation. Not sure what ebola was alluding to and it is on him to make his own decision. Who am I to tell him what to do? Look at the whole believe campaign where people are expected to convict and believe a rape victim based solely on their word even when there is not one stitch of evidence of the crime. I wouldn't convict on that either. People can and have lied about such things despite it being beyond comprehension as to why they would do such a thing.

We consider it unjust to assist the government in swapping the prosecution of an alleged crime for political opportunism or to deny due process to enhance cash flow.

This is very true of our court system today especially when it comes to rape and domestic violence. There can be not one stitch of evidence of a crime yet someone can be behind bars anyway based solely on someone's word and that just isn't right and the only way a person can make this right is to skew their idea of right and wrong.
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/27/2017 7:01:59 AM
"A lot of guys won't try to stop a rape"

>>>I appreciate you used the word "guy" and not "men". I stopped a rape attempt once, the fellow wasn't bigger than me so it wasn't too difficult. Also stopped a drunk from beating his fiancée at a party by offering to drive her home. his friends wouldn't intervene, thinking it was her problem b/c she was nagging him and pushing his buttons. so I merely asked the guy, and he said go ahead, I was the only person here he'd trust his woman with, and he barely knew me. considering how wimpy his friends were, I guess i'd still have to agree with him.

some times in life, you don't know what you can do until you give it a whirl.
 Jackcrusto
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/27/2017 9:43:47 AM

or, as experts call it...rape.

I appreciate you used the word "guy" and not "men".

You just definition raped ebola or, as experts call it...rape.

I stopped a rape attempt once, the fellow wasn't bigger than me so it wasn't too difficult.

Ahhh my hero. wait... you **stard you raped her of her rape attempt or, as experts call it...rape.

Also stopped a drunk from beating

He wasn't beating her he was rapeing her face with his fist or, as experts call it...rape.

thinking it was her problem b/c she was nagging him and pushing his buttons.

She wasn't nagging him she was rapeing him with her words or, as experts call it...rape.

You weren't just telling a story on this thread you were rapeing us with your stupid f*cking story or, as experts call it...rape.

He wasn't propositioning a prostitute for sex he was committing propositional rape or, as experts call it...rape.

That married couple wasn't having marital sex they were matrimonially rapeing each other or, as experts call it...rape.
 SilverWings2017
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/30/2017 5:30:05 AM
ebolakitty is just trolling for an argument. Don't feed the troll.

As for the lawsuit, if it was me, I would just laugh and show all my girlfriends the petition and they would laugh, too. I would never show up for court. Then, block Stupid forever.

Sure, I know texting sucks, but I've had worse dates.

He didn't win. Some company against texting in movie theaters offered him the $17.31 as a consulation to help settle his frivolous case.

Personally, I think she got the sh**** end of the deal for being sued after a first date.

Maybe she's not that into you?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Taking a bad date to small claim court? He did “win”