Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Taking a bad date to small claim court? He did “win”      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 100
Taking a bad date to small claim court? He did “win”Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
But your beaver fur is sold at a high price.

We get it
 ChattyKathie0922
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Taking a bad date to small claim court? He did “win”
Posted: 6/18/2017 7:02:46 AM
[Quote]Do you eat meat [/Quote] very occasionally and very responsibly

do you wear leather products?
nope

Any animal by-products in things you use?
I don't even use products tested on animals

That's something to think about. You can't not like fur and then take part in using any of these products
What is it about me that makes you think I'm a witless child?
 forumslady
Msg: 102
Posted: 6/18/2017 4:50:47 PM
ChattyKathie0922- Great, another new member getting initiated in what sometimes goes on here in the forums.
People, we can't keep running off new members, I'm thinking about quiting this forum as it is.
Chatty, just speaking for myself, it's nice to see a new face here, welcome to POF. Don't get run off.
Also, don't try to explain yourself either.
Your decisions are your own, you don't have to justify them, to anyone.
Myself, I don't wear fur either. It's too ostentatious for me.
I do buy leather and eat meat.
Different strokes for different folks, that's all. :)
How can you tell if a product doesn't do animal testing? Do they have a specific label?
I would cut back on using them, if I knew how to tell.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/18/2017 5:24:26 PM
I wouldn't wear fur however
any meat eating, no matter how they tart it, still eating flesh of animals
Forumslady - they label " not tested on animals, but I reckon they prolly have.. Body Shop bestest bet
I don't hunt and used to argue with Hunters.. quit that
It is like when ppl get warped that some cultures eat dog
meanwhile piglets adorable.
 forumslady
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/18/2017 6:11:27 PM
ouija2025- Forumslady - they label " not tested on animals, but I reckon they prolly have.. Body Shop bestest bet
I don't hunt and used to argue with Hunters.. quit that
It is like when ppl get warped that some cultures eat dog
meanwhile piglets adorable.

Thank you ouija, I'll be on the lookout, we have 2 body shops here, plus there is online shopping.

As for hunting, I used to be the same way.
I was the oddball down here, being against it.
That changed when my brother, who used to hunt, sat me down and explained they get over populated and a lot of deer wind up starving.
Hunting actually reduces over population, so I quit arguing after that conversation myself.
They ain't gonna' get me out there though.
What could be more boring?
Sitting there all day, you can't talk above a whisper, you can't move much, you can't listen to music, the best you can hope for is to watch videos on your phone, but most don't because they are afraid they will miss spotting a deer, it's cold as heck, raining too, sometimes.
Like I said, to each their own, but that is NOT my idea of a good time. ;)

ps- Random fact: Pigs are actually much smarter than dogs. I still like dogs better though. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2017 8:07:17 PM

I was raised to take care of myself and that's what I do.

Except for hitting the dating scene. You're a woman, and you not just prefer, but feel entitled to have a guy take care of you financially when it comes to going out. It's like my little cousin when she announced she was a vegetarian. And she was a vegetarian -- except for McDonalds hamburgers. She had to have her vice. To be fair, they are tasty tho.

I think it's important for a woman to have her own income and be independent of a man in that way for a multitude of reasons.

The concept of "the man" expected to be paying for "the woman" on all dates is Based on the concept of women not expected to be financially independent -- you realize that, right? And a guy should be expected to cover 90%+ of the cost of outings and such, if/when he chooses to go out on dates with gals who are barely scraping it by and can't afford to pay close to roughly half of going out. But if you don't even know *1* woman who's supported by their significant other or husband -- it becomes really surprising you hold a stringent Entitlement Clause to dating, that is anything but financially independent on that front.

How can you tell if a product doesn't do animal testing?

I wouldn't mind animal testing on some products. Like, toys. How do you know if the cat's going to even enjoy your toy idea? Make a prototype and test it with cats. :) And a new line of cat food for a company... yeah, feed it to them and see if they like it. "See mom? Even 9 out of 10 Dogs won't eat your ham loaf! Yes, it IS that bad!" :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2017 11:08:55 PM

ChattyKathie0922- Great, another new member getting initiated in what sometimes goes on here in the forums.
People, we can't keep running off new members, I'm thinking about quiting this forum as it is.
Chatty, just speaking for myself, it's nice to see a new face here, welcome to POF. Don't get run off.

Chatty is a veterean forumite who's been gone awhile. Glad to see her back.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Taking a bad date to small claim court? He did “win”