Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Equality & Chivalry. Feminism & Femininity. Man & Gentleman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 151
Equality & Chivalry. Feminism & Femininity. Man & GentlemanPage 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

No but maybe it would curve her interest to where she will stop obsessing and stalking me on here.

Please get over yourself. No one is stalking you and no one is obsessing over you. And it's "curb"---not "curve".
 gtomustang
Msg: 152
Equality & Chivalry. Feminism & Femininity. Man & Gentleman
Posted: 5/31/2017 2:55:35 PM
"how does one fake nice?"

>>>I've noticed it in people who were taught to ACT nice as children, so that they weren't disciplinary problems for their parents. But they weren't taught how to BE nice, and THINK nice. perhaps b/c the parents didn't really know themselves. but people tend to learn that acting polite has benefits, and holding doors for old ladies when a hottie is present may eventually pay off somehow. But when things aren't going their way...then the thin veneer shatters. Or they may be really nice when they don't have to put much effort, but when they need to be nice and it requires a little bit of effort on their part...out come the excuses in place of results.

truly nice people, act nice b/c its their nature. its subconscious/unconscious. But other times you can see a person who acts nice when they are tired (For example), and acting on instinct rather than conscious thought...and you're amazed at how self centered they are. Or perhaps they cut the "nice act" when they stop getting credit for it...or whine forever that they are such a nice person and not getting laid as a result, etc. The act is not buying them the result they want.
 spot4username
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2017 3:05:11 PM

how does one fake nice?

lolololololol I had my first retail job at 15. That is over 35 years in retail for anyone doing the math. I have also held jobs in food/bev (usually a second or third job). Faking nice is a job requirement. It is either that or go on a killing spree.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/1/2017 8:00:37 AM

"how does one fake nice?"

Faking nice is a job requirement

There is a huge difference b/w professional courtesy & narcissistic manipulation(s).
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/1/2017 9:08:06 AM
I would say being a little friendlier, but not pretending, because I hate fakes...I'm always being myself at work, or otherwise...Being a good guy comes natural to me...
 Cynderella
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 10:33:12 AM
I still can't drink enough to bring my dog into this fight....lol

I too wondered what LUTZ was
 Cynderella
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 10:35:18 AM
Oops POF won't let me correct.....
Lucky I didn't say something I would regret.

*LULZ
 UnKnownNYMale
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 1:46:19 PM

This is pretty much it. Good manners have slowly been in decline over the past couple of decades.

This is based on what?

As if you look at any crime stat you will see just the opposite and it has been going the over way since the 70's.

Now what has changes is a hyper focus on all bad events and as such a disported perception has been created.

Exactly. I like to say it's because now, "we" have instant communications from almost any point on the Earth to almost any other point on Earth.....the internet. People say there are so many more sicko's now than there was....but that's not true. There are just as many, except now you hear about every little one because of the internet.

When they talk about how dangerous it is in the US "now"......when crime stats show the exact opposite. While yes, there did seem to be a spike in murders in Chicago in 2016, for the entire decade before that, it was a lower rate than it was even back in the 60's!!

It's all perception.

Based on what I've seen, there are a billion more cute cats than there was 40 years ago.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/1/2017 4:21:17 PM

Based on what I've seen, there are a billion more cute cats than there was 40 years ago.

True.

Lulz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJGRlm3alLY
 NewYorker58
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 5:18:20 PM
I don't know what you're referring to by a man not being an active dater and my thinking it's wrong. I don't care if a man wants to date or not.

You're making a statement about my friends without knowing them. They've been wronged and some in the worst ways. Not a man hater, but I have standards and don't want to be treated poorly or abused.

Have you ever read profiles of some of the men here? You would see why they're single.
 spot4username
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 6:07:10 PM

Have you ever read profiles of some of the men here? You would see why they're single.

That door swings both ways.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 11:41:52 PM
It sure does, but I see more men as losers here and in person. Half the men don't even bother to fill out the profile. They put jibberish in. Then you have the loser meet me men. Then you have just plain losers that obviously don't respect women.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/2/2017 3:01:30 AM
NewYorker58
You said - It sure does, but I see more men as losers here and in person. Half the men don't even bother to fill out the profile. They put jibberish in. Then you have the loser meet me men. Then you have just plain losers that obviously don't respect women.

I say - Typical attitude of a sexist and man hater...All you do is talk negatively about men and you wonder why you can't get one...You continually Play the victim card and label all men...It's your toxic attitude towards men, that scares them away...you can't see the good in men, you have nothing positive to say about men, that's your issue and not the men's

Why not admit your a radical feminist? You can dye your hair blue, then go on the slut walks, with your buddies, using hate signs, shouting!! how much you hate men and maybe you could get a date, with one of these women?...either that or you could start forgiving yourself for the bad choices you make, accept you chose to date the wrong guys, stop playing the victim card, learn to choose the right men and start looking at men in a positive way...You decide

In your world all men are bad and all women are good...Stop living in a bubble
 ebolakitty
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/2/2017 4:43:23 AM

Not a man hater, but I have standards and don't want to be treated poorly or abused.

Abused and treated poorly by who? You don't want to meet anybody.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2017 7:48:45 AM

It sure does, but I see more men as losers here and in person. Half the men don't even bother to fill out the profile. They put jibberish in. Then you have the loser meet me men. Then you have just plain losers that obviously don't respect women.

THAT door swings both ways.

How many men in here are 'winners'? Seriously.
We are dealing with the single half of the world here - people who, for the most part, want to BE in a relationship - but can't - because we're too unattractive, or have personality flaws that prevent us. Men AND Women are not immune from having dating trouble of their own. If you're in here, playing this game - and have no full time relationship - YOU, sadly, are a member of of the 'loser' clan - no matter how much you think you are better than someone - or many someones - in here.

Narrowing down your list of 'potentials' to maybe the most attractive 10% of what is in here doesn't make you elite or special in ANY way. It means you're doing the exact same thing as nearly everyone else. When everyone else is doing the same thing - it means NONE of you are elite or special. What you're really doing is denying yourself 90% of a chance because of your own pride and ignorance.

So many people drop into here with the idea they are an outsider, that they don't belong in this group, that they are better than most, and are only here because they want to be - not because they HAVE to be. Puh-leeze - that is what EVERYONE thinks on their first go-round. Drop the attitude that you are better than most, or deserve better, or see most candidates in here as inferior in some way. Because pushing other people down does not EVER make you a better person.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2017 8:29:03 AM
It's just the way it is. Men that are available now tend to not know how to make a relationship work. I have no problem finding dates, but I want a quality person. So many woman haters on pof. I'm not a man hater; I'm not a marcher wearing pink and listening to speeches by man hating women.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 167
Posted: 6/2/2017 8:32:27 AM

I'm not a man hater; I'm not a marcher wearing pink and listening to speeches by man hating women.

Whoa.
You're not referring to the woman's march in January?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/2/2017 8:44:58 AM
I first joined online dating thinking it would be more efficient than meeting a complete stranger in a bar or whatever. You read their profile , see if you have anything in common, etc vs a complete stranger where all you have to go on is what they look like.

I don't think members of online dating should be painted with the same brush. We're NOT all here for the exact same reasons/motives.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/2/2017 8:51:29 AM
NewYorker58 ,
It's just the way it is. Men that are available now tend to not know how to make a relationship work. I have no problem finding dates, but I want a quality person. So many woman haters on pof. I'm not a man hater; I'm not a marcher wearing pink and listening to speeches by man hating women.

Let's turn that around shall we. You are available, but you don't date men, because you hate us...your the one who failed at your relationships, because you had no idea how to make them work. so you blame it all on men, for your failures as a woman...you failed and your bitter.

Oh so you know about the marches then and what colour they wear and that they hate men...Think your trying to hide your hate of men, but it won't work...Your Caught in the net...Femininazi

You keep showing hate for men with every post...Just admit you hate us...go on...we are waiting....How does a feminazi salule?

I bet you walk about with an angry look on your face and sneer at every man you see...Bet you shout at men too...It's like your brainwashed, to hate men and every single thing we do

I think your female friends hate men too and you all sit around complaining about men, but not one of you takes any blame for your failed relationships, because it's much easier to blame it all on the men...

Did you have a bad relationship with your father? Did you not have any positive, male role model growing up? Do you not know what makes a good man?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2017 10:49:11 AM
I agree, its nice to read about someone, so it's good in that way. Sure, everyone, both make and female have their own agenda.

Laid, my parents were happily married until my wonderful dad died. He mostly raised me, so I have more the male mindset. I don't think women are all innocent, far from it. I'm just stating a lot of losers here, but certainly not everyone.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/2/2017 10:53:37 AM

Fake nice is the easiest to spot.

And yet, they keep getting voted into office over and over again.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2017 11:08:08 AM

Do you not know what makes a good man?

Oh, I'm SURE she knows what makes a good man - but putting eye-candy and signs of wealth and power ahead of personal disposition or goals is far easier to do online. There's nothing wrong with that, so long as you're willing to admit fault when YOU pick a pretty azzhat over an average Joe. They both exist, in plentiful numbers.

Assuming the rest of the world is made up of their own small portal of experiences is naive at best, and usually where people show their ignorance.

What doesn't seem to exist is the patience to work through difficulties and personality differences. Maybe that's just MY assumption from my own small portal of experience - but a lot of what I see given as 'fact' in POF usually ends up being from a series of snap decisions, rumor and a very small sampling of the larger audience. People simply don't want to try and WORK on anything.

Running away/staying away from alleged problems NEVER proves you are right with your assumptions -- but many people use it as their soapbox to show they have never been 'proven' wrong.
 sun___flower
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2017 11:11:48 AM
ButterChickenChuck
I first joined online dating thinking it would be more efficient than meeting a complete stranger in a bar or whatever. You read their profile , see if you have anything in common, etc vs a complete stranger where all you have to go on is what they look like.

I don't think members of online dating should be painted with the same brush. We're NOT all here for the exact same reasons/motives.

+1
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/2/2017 11:25:13 AM
NewYorker58, What did your dad teach you about men? Why would you say your dad mostly raised you? What was your mum doing? Are you sure they stayed together?

It's not just your recent rant, but all the other rants, you have had about men and the number of times, you have sniped men...I'm not convinced you like men...No you don't have a male mindset...men don't blame all their mistakes and failures on women, or play the victim card and you have put men down time and time again

If you thought so much of your dad, you would have been happy to see my videos and info, exposing the hate for men, but all you did was attacked me and try to dismiss the facts...not the signs of a woman who has, had positive male role models, in her life, or a woman who cares about the rights of men and boys...

You act like a scorned woman and your having trouble admittin, that you have a lot of hate for men and not willing to change your ways
 NewYorker58
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2017 1:28:18 PM
I didn't attack you, sorry if you feel that way. My dad was home, because he was ill for most of his life, so my mom worked. I was raised with a working mom, way before it was the norm. Both my parents showed me to respect each other. They had a rare marriage I think. They were always in agreement and never argued!!! I can't even say I have high standards, but the right standards, as we all should.

You're so funny about changing my ways, LOL. I would not care to have friends that hated men and I don't. They've been burnt by men in their lives, but they get over it as we all should to move on to better relationships.

I wish I had a dollar for every man I've known that is still upset for a woman breaking up with him. OMG, they don't let go of it!!!! Women don't forget, but we tend to move on. I see men (not all), getting stuck with these memories that they take on to other relationships. When guys tell these stories, they go back to when they just started dating. I don't let a guy change who I am. Men should not let women change who they are either and become filled with hate.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Equality & Chivalry. Feminism & Femininity. Man & Gentleman