Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How Many "Meet Me" Notices Are In Your Mailbox?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Starion
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Not a TOTAL waste of time - You can see who they are unpaidPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Until I recently discovered that we can look up a user name under "Search" when logged out, this was pointless without being a paying member.

If I feel curious to see what kind of interest my profile is generating, I will paste the gal's name in and see who she is. Recently I've actually had a couple good prospects "swipe right". Most are not matches of course, but that's OLD for ya.

Just POF's way of simulating the other dating apps like Tinder, etc. in hopes of mutual right swipe matches starting something up with mutual interest. I won't hate on POF attempting that. I will hate on the inability to hide/block/stop certain members from showing up all over. For example, attractive but non-matches again later when they change primary pics. I'm still not interested in that smoker 85 miles away who likes country music. Time waster.
 south_city
Msg: 27
How Many Meet Me Notices Are In Your Mailbox?
Posted: 5/29/2017 8:26:59 AM

I've seen about 3 profiles where they said they had herpes. I like the way they try to normalize it, LOL. They say it's quite common. Great, but they can take their herpes on to some other person with herpes. I bet there's dating site for people with herpes. Why don't they go there? Selfish men, don't care if they infect someone else.

At least they are being honest. If they were selfish, they would have sex with others without telling them about herpes.

To answer the question, it's 12. But I haven't been actively looking for a date on POF for a while.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2017 5:08:58 PM
These people can be sued for not revealing it to someone, and they CAN still give someone herpes. If I had herpes, I would not risk making someone healthy ill.

From an article from AVVO:

You may face criminal charges for passing an STD to someone else.

Compared to a civil case, a successful criminal case requires more substantial evidence. In many states, punishments include jail time and high fines.

You may face civil charges for passing an STD to someone else.

While criminal charges are usually concerned with punishing wrongdoing, civil charges are often focused on providing just compensation to someone who has been wronged. And that compensation can be big. An Oregon woman sued a former sexual partner for giving her herpes and won $900,000. In the civil suit, her partner was found 75 percent negligent (she was found 25 percent negligent) and was found to have committed battery.
 hemingway234
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/29/2017 7:04:09 PM

What did I win?!

*in my best announcer voice* A profile on Plenty of Fish! Plenty of Fish is The Leading Free Online Dating Site for Singles!! There are hot singles in your area waiting to meet you!

It is worth exactly what you pay for it!

- I've been jipped!
 jeni366
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/30/2017 8:07:55 AM
I love it! 499 people want to meet me but I get very few messages and those people usually don't want to meet me. :)

Why are they sending a message then? Boredom? They want me to help them get their kink on (which I don't do)? Who knows.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2017 6:11:16 PM
^^^ One answer to your question is the 490 of those people NEVER meant to send you a message. "MEET ME" is what the feature is labeled - but NOT how people use it. It's more like "IF I MET YOU, I MIGHT GIVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY". A lot less commital, a lot more vague.

So what do you do with this information? You can see it as GLASS HALF EMPTY: "Gals hate me!" or GLASS HALF FULL: "I'm not a total loser, SOME people find me attractive or interesting, even if I don't find them desirable."

...or ignore it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2017 12:08:01 PM

I love it! 499 people want to meet me but I get very few messages and those people usually don't want to meet me. :)

Yeah, same here. Girls click "Meet Me" -- but of the few who email me, when I tell them I want to Meat them, they don't want to meet me (or meat me). :(

In all seriousness though -- clicking Yes/Meet just means they find you based on your pictures, in the moment, at least "go-able". Many guys will go on a parade just clicking Yes/Meet on any gal who's not ugly -- to see what fish they can reel in via a Mutual Yes/Meet.

It doesn't mean a ton, but it does mean something when one says Yes/Meet: You know there's a high % there's at least a chance. Doesn't mean high % you'll have wonderous fruitful conversations -- but you can at least not waste time writing someone who's "pshaw". Also -- you're just as obliged to write a guy as he is to you, once that ball starts rolling.
 singleprofessionalinco
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/1/2017 12:00:55 AM
I think our society is at a point where it is easier to swipe fingers, credit cards, and digital keyboards. It would explain why no one seems to understand how to pull or push a lever in traffic to utilize the turn signal.
 jeni366
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/1/2017 9:40:01 AM

So what do you do with this information?
... ignore it.

I only checked because of the question - I otherwise never bother.

I find having a glass more important than whether there is something in it and in what quantity.
 _GypSea_
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/1/2017 3:12:45 PM
What boggles my mind are the users who hit ‘yes’ on that feature but when you read their blub they mention that they can’t see who hit the ‘yes’ button, so just message them. I see it as a goose/gander thing.

And then there are the users who hit ‘yes’ when the profile has no pictures. Happened to me twice when I first created this profile. I’m thinking they actually went thru all the upgraded members, then all the pictured profiles and then made their way to the non-pictured profiles. Way too much time on their hands.
 flamingjune1960
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 3:42:45 PM
flamingjune1960, 1897 people want to meet you, talk to them right now!

If someone were truly interested in meeting me, why in the world would they not just send me a message? Am I missing something? If you are too fearful to send a simple message to someone you want to meet, what are you doing here? With the exception of "forums only" people of course, which wouldn't be using this feature anyway, right?
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/1/2017 4:27:49 PM

Gals must HATE me - I only have 80 or so

Just checked. 39.

All "meet me" notices go to the spam folder of my real email.

When I view the message titles in my spam folder, sometimes the "meet me" and "favorite" notices have similar screen names, an indication spammers create new accounts varying just by a number at the end. POF seems good at deleting such accounts, keeping "meet me" numbers from real users low. My profile is hidden, but I would probably still have fewer than 80 with an active profile.
 Kj521
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/1/2017 4:37:48 PM
"Is there a way to zero out the counter without being a PAID member or without deleting one's profile?"

Wish there was. I find the feature to be utterly meaningless and annoying. Men who click on it and not follow up with a message are not men that I would date.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2017 5:10:19 PM
They're losers. They're not anyone you would want to meet. Don't even give them a 2nd thought. They're just casting a wide net and contacting as many women as possible.
 cw35
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2017 9:21:33 PM
I have 100-130 "meet me" at any given time and around 20 mutual ones. The majority have very scary profiles with VERY scary pictures. lol (I may be able to make one complete set of green teeth from 50 of the profiles. Yep, green teeth). I report the "too good to be true" ones because they are obviously spam. After all that I'm left with the 20 mutual "meet me"s. Not too bad. lol
 ready4u182
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/9/2017 3:05:16 AM
A lot, very annoying.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2017 10:02:38 AM

They're just casting a wide net and contacting as many women as possible.

That's what 100% of men do on a dating site. In fact, most dating sites use their member numbers to brag about how wide a net you can cast, as well as touting that they are "international" or "worldwide" to stir the fervor of hooking someone from an incredible distance away.

I actually scored a date with a woman who was in Australia when she got my message. She was there on vacation, wrote back, we made plans, and we met when she got back into town. Gotta say that's the FARTHEST net-cast I've ever made that brought back results.

An online profile is INHERENTLY a wide-net because it's on the World Wide Web. If you want to cast a small net, stay with local papers, church groups, friends & family, or go fish in the company pond.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:29:21 PM
I often wonder if people on this site realize that posting utter nonsense makes them look very UNsharp and is not helping their cause any?

Perhaps posting under the influence is to blame for some of it...
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/9/2017 7:53:54 PM
From my profile, the Mail Settings:

Send me an email when I have mail at POF: No
Send me an email when someone says yes to me on meet me: No
Send me an email when someone adds me to their favorites: Yes

Send me other emails from POF (other than those listed above):: No
Allow emails (first contact) from users without images on their profile: Yes

LOL No wonder I have NO .....................meet me..............emails. Well aside from the fact .............my profile is hidden. Dayam!
 sugarlandguy
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 7:37:05 PM
346, all off a picture.
 Fikirimi
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/6/2017 5:58:11 PM
Yeah, the Meet Me notices are a bs waste of time, and I ignore them.

Someone said they thought being favorited was creepy. I favorited a couple of guys while I pondered whether to message them. I was thinking about it because I thought maybe I didn't meet their criteria. If they say they want a "beautiful" woman, I've never considered myself beautiful, so I pass those up. While I was pondering, one of the guys I favorited wrote me, and we've been messaging for a few days. He seems like a nice guy.

A couple of other guys I've favorited because they make great posts on the forum, and I like to drop people a note from time to time to thank them for their advice and to let them know they're helping people. I would even do that for some of the women who give great advice, but their mail filters won't let me drop them a note. So thanks, gals, for all the great advice.

Now I'm going to go give AintNo a Meet Me notice just to crank his numbers up and make him feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2017 7:30:32 PM

Gals must HATE me - I only have 80 or so. I'm sure people who have been regulars for a few years have over 500.
I'm sure some women have over 3000. Is there a way to zero out the counter without being a PAID member or without deleting one's profile?
'

Nope. you're only less despicable. It's me they hate with only 24.

Meah! I'm worse than you!
 grover14
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2017 1:52:55 PM
So far, 321, but sure get alot of views from women a long distance away. Guess they're just surfing. I'm starting to think Ms right is never to be found.
 IgottaName
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/8/2017 5:37:51 PM
99+ is what mine says.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/8/2017 5:43:33 PM
How many meet me notices ?

How many Fakebook friends do YOU have ?

My, what a competitive, INSECURE world we live in

SMH
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How Many "Meet Me" Notices Are In Your Mailbox?