Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How Many "Meet Me" Notices Are In Your Mailbox?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 76
view profile
History
How Many Meet Me Notices Are In Your Mailbox?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I have just over 640 meet me requests...I don't know if this is average for most women though

You forgot to express a "hair flip" when you said that. :) You're hot, you're going to get a lot of dudes knocking at your door... duh! :)
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 77
view profile
History
How Many Meet Me Notices Are In Your Mailbox?
Posted: 1/29/2018 4:12:03 AM
is that even real or like fake?
 spot4username
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 5:36:14 AM

is that even real or like fake?

Consider the source and we have our answer.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/29/2018 6:13:05 AM
And how many people look at us when we go grocery shopping, walk the dog, go to a drs. appt. , walk through a mall, etc. ???

In the grand scheme of things, it is meaningless. All you need is to meet one good person, regardless of the venue.

These little widgets are like FIDGET SPINNERS, designed to keep people clicking away on a site, to generate more advertising revenue.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 8:17:42 AM
Well said Ms Angel....

I’ve not paid much of any attention to the MM feature because I recognise it for what it is, a visual hot/not button pusher.... once I “played the game” and discovered 5 mutual meet mes.... two were too far away and two couldn’t write much of content... I’m confident in my guess that none of them had looked at my profile... (and FWIW, before I consider a yes or maybe, I peruse that person’s profile, although that became more difficult when I was last there - about 6-8 weeks back)
 gtomustang
Msg: 81
How Many Beet Me Notices Are In Your Mailbox?
Posted: 1/29/2018 2:46:47 PM
purpura, that's so sweet you're shocked by that number. Too many women in your league are princesses who think their beauty can get them anywhere. That said, if you landed anywhere in America and started speaking with your native accent, you'd definitely be beating the men off. So I can't really deny those women in your league thinking their looks are like currency :)

"how many people look at us, as we go about our daily business?"

>>>the fun question is, "how many do we even notice?" Probably just the ones we "wish to give the business". The ones who are far out of our league, we don't notice, just like we don't notice things present in our lives that do not give us pleasure. And then there are people who don't notice their surroundings b/c they are focused in getting pleasure from their cellphones.

"meatmarket me" features may seem silly to some, but they are fidget spinners--activity wasters for those who wish to "spin the dial" when they are bored, like I guess those candy crush games.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 3:49:54 PM

"meatmarket me" features may seem silly to some, but they are fidget spinners--activity wasters for those who wish to "spin the dial" when they are bored, like I guess those candy crush games.

Essentially this is what the "swipe" apps are, like Tinder and Bumble. Instead of selecting parameters to narrow your search to people who are at least CLOSE to what you'd like, these apps just grab a boatload of people and shove them in your face, requiring you to MANUALLY reject each and every one, until the world seems like a merry-go-round with a stomach full of cotton-candy and candied-apples, round & round, and round, and round, and....
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/29/2018 3:56:51 PM

the fun question is, "how many do we even notice?

Well GTO, I think what I said a few hours ago is a good answer:

In the grand scheme of things, it is meaningless. All you need is to meet one good person, regardless of the venue.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/29/2018 5:24:27 PM
9 so far! Whoohoo!!!!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2018 7:27:41 PM
Mustang, it's a fact of life. People are nicer to good-looking people. C'est la vie.

Hanover, you're a nice looking guy with a nice profile. It shows the system, pof, is broken.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/29/2018 9:09:37 PM
^^^ thank you for the kind words NY58, I am mostly here for the forums, so my profile is hidden quite often
 northwildwoodnjman1969
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/30/2018 9:34:38 AM
35 but I suspect 100% have never ready my profile.
 DINNO76
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/30/2018 10:06:36 AM
If they say yes to meet me . I know it is a fake profile.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/30/2018 12:38:38 PM

35 but I suspect 100% have never ready my profile.

If they say yes to meet me . I know it is a fake profile.

Guys, self-deprecation is not attractive!

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:53:04 AM
I don't know. I've never paid to use this site and I think that can only be accessed if you pay.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:56:57 AM

And how many people look at us when we go grocery shopping, walk the dog, go to a drs. appt. , walk through a mall, etc. ???

These little widgets are like FIDGET SPINNERS, designed to keep people clicking away on a site, to generate more advertising revenue.

That's the truth. Many get distracted by quantity instead of focusing on quality/compatibility.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2018 3:32:44 PM
Pretty, you can see meet me peeps, not that they're worth it, here: https://www.pof.com/basicusersearch.aspx

They're not reading profiles, so they're just looking at pics for who they want to screw. I'm glad they're so obvious.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:04:38 PM

It shows the system, pof, is broken.

The system is not broken.

The system is fine.

It's the people using the system that are the problem.

It's not the system's fault that so many people- especially women- cannot figure out who are the right people to contact or respond to.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 94
view profile
History
How Many As$hole's Meet Me Notices Are In Your Mailbox?
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:35:25 PM
Women can be really gullible. Men too, but I think more so with women

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2,000,000 of the last 3,000,000 posts are yours you can not post to this thread, unless you're crafty
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/6/2018 10:31:05 AM

They're not reading profiles, so they're just looking at pics for who they want to screw. I'm glad they're so obvious.

Hi Newyorker58: You're right. I literally have never paid attention to seeing that until today (over 3500+). I agree that most that use that feature don't do anything more than just look at photos. I think some even favorite, which is creepy to me - to have someone want to keep looking at their profile, photos and never say anything.
 Dinno76
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/6/2018 11:32:18 AM
The meet me feature is just a trick to get people to upgrade. Most people don't. A few fall for it and do.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 9:10:08 PM
Pretty, that "favorite" thing may be their passive-aggressive way of contacting women, but it's still about sex☺ Of course it's entirely possible men that read profiles are mostly the same, but it's nice the men distinguish what they want by using Meet Me☺

Dinno, I wish I had a dollar for every guy that states they can't see Meet Mes, and plead with women to message them instead, or save him to her favorites, so the guy knows who she is. If men think they can't see who contacts them that way, why do they keep contacting women that way?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/7/2018 7:03:46 AM

Pretty, that "favorite" thing may be their passive-aggressive way of contacting women, but it's still about sex☺ Of course it's entirely possible men that read profiles are mostly the same, but it's nice the men distinguish what they want by using Meet Me☺

Dinno, I wish I had a dollar for every guy that states they can't see Meet Mes, and plead with women to message them instead, or save him to her favorites, so the guy knows who she is. If men think they can't see who contacts them that way, why do they keep contacting women that way?

Meet mes and favoriting. OMG!! RED FLAG!! Oh, the horror of it all. Men just can't do anything right in your eyes.

If it's any consolation to you, there will come a day when not a man on Earth is going to give a shit about your existence enough to "favorite" you or click "meet me", and then maybe, just MAYBE women like you can finally be happy.

Oh, who am I kidding? No, you won't.
 ohenryx
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2018 7:51:35 AM

prettybrwneyedone
I think some even favorite, which is creepy to me - to have someone want to keep looking at their profile, photos and never say anything.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I never used “Favorites” to keep track of anyone. The only time I ever used it was years ago, when I was still learning my way around. If I encountered a profile that interested me, but could not message directly due to some restriction on her profile, I would try adding to favorites because I knew they would get notified. This was way before the 14 year rule.

That never worked, so I quit doing it. Right now, I have absolutely no idea who is in my favorites and could care less. Incidentally, that is one of the things that works a little better for paying members. You can send them a gift, even if they (the user) or the site itself (14 year rule) have prevented messaging. I was able to re-establish contact with one woman who had accidentally blocked me by sending her a gift and (temporarily) placing a message to her at the top of my profile.

prettybrwneyedone
I agree that most that use that feature don't do anything more than just look at photos.

Tinder and Bumble are taking the OLD world by storm right now, and the average profile on those sites has no words to read. Well, other than “No Hookups!”.

NewYorker58
Pretty, that "favorite" thing may be their passive-aggressive way of contacting women, but it's still about sex☺ Of course it's entirely possible men that read profiles are mostly the same

Trust me, it is. I read profiles, and I want sex. Thank you for asking.

NewYorker58

Trust me, the exact same words can be found in millions of women’s profiles. What’s cute is when I run across those same words in a woman’s profile on a different site, which doesn’t even have “Meet Me”. It becomes obvious they have done a cut-and-paste from their profile here with no editing whatsoever.

TPOYD
If it's any consolation to you, there will come a day when not a man on Earth is going to give a shit about your existence enough to "favorite" you or click "meet me", and then maybe, just MAYBE women like you can finally be happy.

Indeed, indeed. I have stated, countless times, here in these forums, in online conversations with women, in face-to-face conversation, about every way imaginable:

“One of these days you’re going to cross a threshold, and no man will want you anymore. And you will look back on these days when men desired you for sex with great fondness, wishing that those days would return.”

Of course, that isn’t literally true. When you’re 80 years old, in the retirement home, some 90 year old man will make a pass, and you’ll tell him he’s too old for you!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2018 1:27:51 PM
I really hate saying the same s*** over and over, but here goes.

I just clicked on the "Meet Me" feature / top of page.
Immediately I saw a man's profile / above his picture I could choose, Yes / Super Yes / Maybe / No.
Easy peasey!
I dropped down to view / read his profile.
I'm not paying to use POF.
Soooo WTF am I missing?

Below is my Mail Settings. I have selected NO for each option.

Send me an email when I have mail at POF:
Yes No
Send me an email when someone says yes to me on meet me:
Yes No
Send me weekly matches:
Yes No
Send me an email when someone adds me to their favorites:
Yes No

NOPE, not one option for SEX, none, nadda, zilch. Holy crap! I've been shut out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How Many "Meet Me" Notices Are In Your Mailbox?