Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > scammers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 newstart1949
Msg: 26
view profile
History
scammersPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I have noticed the increase...Love the ones who have a ton of pictures that look nothing like the town they claim to be from.
I too don't like to be greeted in an opening email with Sexy, Sweety Dear or any other of those romantic terms that are for people who have had a few dates.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 27
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/14/2017 9:21:30 PM
Nigerian scammers like to use the word dear and my love. Some American men who are not scammers do that to. It's not polite to be familiar with a lady that way without knowing her. To me, it shows no class.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 28
scammers
Posted: 6/15/2017 4:34:35 PM
It's been a long time ago, but the catch phrase, or word, I related to scammers was "God................"
I was asked if I would like to join, "God's flock"

LOL Do I look like a "flocker?"
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 29
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/15/2017 5:52:31 PM
thanks for the laugh ouija lol!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 30
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/15/2017 5:54:06 PM
NewYorker

they use those general terms so they dont have to remember your name. It is like "babe" and "darling". I called a guy online "babe" once just for fun and he objected... lol!!

The scammers persist because once in a great while they hook a sucker..
 NewYorker58
Msg: 31
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/15/2017 6:19:58 PM
Scamming by the Nigerians is a multi-million dollar business. When I see men and women on Dr. Phil that are scammed, they just love being called "dear" or referred to as "my love". Yep, no having to remember names that way.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 32
scammers
Posted: 6/16/2017 6:46:52 AM
NY58 - I looked but can't messgae you ( ur restrictions, was going to send you a photo of the baby.
I got a kinda scamming message today, I do think it is nasty ppl prey on the neediness of others :(
 hearton64
Msg: 33
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:15:53 AM

Interesting. Now I’m a “con artist” because I’m interested in sex?
That’s a new one. I hear “player” all of the time, but this is a first,
calling me a scammer and/or a con artist.

Haha! Why would you think I was accusing you personally
of being a con artist for being interested in sex??

Players are renound for saying anything they need to to get laid.
That's a scam/con.

If that's your m/o then I can see why you'd take offense
If not you might want to stop internalizing my
generalization.

Sheesh.
 hearton64
Msg: 34
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:23:42 AM

It is probably just a pipe dream trying to find honest
and sincere people on these sites who are not just trying to HOOK UP
but doubt I will continue further, especially since all 3 scammers were
with the same site, this one. Disappointed, but not really surprised.

This guys complaint was in regards to women
lying to him claiming to want a relationship when they
only wanted to "hook up" sexually and he feels disillusioned and defeated?!!

My response was "join the club" as women
come here to date and most men are only here to hook up.

It took me a year to find a man who lead with his heart and
not his c o c k! And the ones who only wanted sex didn't have the decency
to be upfront. They played games and pretended
they were looking for a relationship.

That to me is a con artist.

I found this thread amusing and ironic!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 35
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/21/2017 6:02:07 PM
Jellybean, sometimes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't, with regard to contacting men. I like your profile and any man would and should be happy for you to contact them. Thing is, so many men are on POF, because their wives kicked them to the curb with good reason. They have issues and don't know how to be part of a good working relationship. My advice to everyone here is to seek relationships outside of POF. New experience for me are the men that never married. Believe me, there is a reason for it and it's not good when they're in their 50s; I'm 59. Next are the guys that are older and list their longest relationship as being under 10 years, worse if it's under 5 years. It shows no one can tolerate them:)

I liked reading your Brit terminology:) I had to look up pillock:) I have friends in the UK and Australia and we're always asking each other what certain words we use mean. I hope you're well and safe with so much going on there lately.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 36
scammers
Posted: 6/21/2017 6:21:26 PM

Thing is, so many men are on POF, because their wives kicked them to the curb with good reason. They have issues and don't know how to be part of a good working relationship.

The same stands true for the crazy females.

New experience for me are the men that never married. Believe me, there is a reason for it and it's not good when they're in their 50s; I'm 59. Next are the guys that are older and list their longest relationship as being under 10 years, worse if it's under 5 years. It shows no one can tolerate them:)

You should also mention the people who state "average" as body type but you can clearly tell they are closer to a few extra pounds, as that is a great indicator of someone who is not very honest and typically they will lie about a ton fo stuff in an attempt to make themselves look better.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 37
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/22/2017 12:00:38 AM
Jelly Bean, I do think it's possible to meet someone here that can turn into a lasting relationship.

Fanny pack is that pouch thing a person wears around their waist to put things in when they're out and about. I think because it can be worn over the butt, it's called a fanny pack. "Fanny" being another word for "butt" in the states. Someone may say, get off your fanny, which is funny if I apply the word it's meant to mean in the UK, LOL:) I guess one can still say it would still mean to get up, but get up off your ..........:)

I'm familiar a lot of your terminology, because I watch a lot of Brit comedies, like "Vicious", "Absolutely Fabulous", "Keeping Up Appearances", "Fawlty Towers", "Alo Alo" (not on anymore), and the hilarious "Mrs. Brown's Boys". "Downton Abbey" was very popular, and so many of us were so sorry to see that show come to an end. Another show started after that, "Mr. Selfridge" and that was pretty good.
 spot4username
Msg: 38
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/23/2017 1:52:37 PM
I heart Father Ted.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 39
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 6/23/2017 6:43:55 PM
I'll have to look to see if I can find that show anywhere!

Gas can mean farting here too. Yeah, rubber is a condom:) I think most in the states know "lift" means elevator and "flat" means apartment, and going to the loo is the bathroom. I see a very commonly used word is brilliant. Everything is brilliant, lol.

That is one word that we do share, "Prince". Good luck to you also!
 dark_ankh
Msg: 40
scammers
Posted: 7/3/2017 2:57:45 PM
Every dating site has it's fair share of fake profiles and scammers.

You just need to ignore them and move on.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 41
scammers
Posted: 7/3/2017 2:57:56 PM
Ironically, the only scammer I see here is the OP. He is NOT the original Tigger.
 cooldog65
Msg: 42
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 2/14/2018 11:33:14 AM
Just received this message from a "61 year old" with a picture of a much younger woman:

Actually i made a mistake with my age here i am 27 years of age and i am called sheila i am from Aurora in Colorado and you ?

My reply: I'm in Uranus.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 44
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 2/14/2018 11:49:42 AM
^^^^

I'll get messages from different people saying the same thing, but from and for different people. It will say while they were looking at POF, their friend noticed my pic, liked it, blah, blah, blah, and they're contacting me on behalf of their friend.
 CBGB77
Msg: 45
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 2/14/2018 12:54:50 PM

Posted By: Newyorker58 on 2/14/2018 142 PM
Subject: scammers

I'll get messages from different people saying the same thing, but from and for different people. It will say while they were looking at POF, their friend noticed my pic, liked it, blah, blah, blah, and they're contacting me on behalf of their friend.

That the same as the message I got from the woman who told me her friend was mining gold in South Africa,lol.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 46
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 2/14/2018 1:21:14 PM
They like to add on the potential of the person being rich. When I see people scammed on Dr. Phil that way, in the end, the scammed people are mostly upset about loss of love than the money they were scammed out of, because they sent money.

This person was probably going to say they struck gold, but......they need $$$$ to mine it. When they mine it, they will repay you 20x over.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 47
scammers
Posted: 2/14/2018 2:34:56 PM
(NJY58) When I see people scammed on Dr. Phil...

Well, there's your problem, right there: Dr. Phil is scripted entertainment, *NOT* an actual study of real psyches...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 48
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 2/14/2018 5:19:45 PM
I don't normally watch him, but try to catch shows on OLD. Those are true scenarios.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 49
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 2/14/2018 5:37:05 PM
I really do think that the absolute bestest time to fall for a scam, flim flam or con job is on Valentines Day.... Which happens to be RIGHT NOW!....

Candy is dandy, liquor is quicker, and a holiday is a holiday. Most of those are scams too. The only thing necessary to pull off a successful fraud is to get someone to first... BELIEVE.... JMO....
 NewYorker58
Msg: 50
view profile
History
scammers
Posted: 2/14/2018 6:02:15 PM
I think it's a nice day to show appreciation for one another, especially when people forget that they should do that. I always loved making a special dinner, which would most times be filet mignon au poivre with potatoes dauphinoise and broccoli with oil, garlic and lemon. How can that be bad☺
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > scammers