Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 51
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reasonPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
OT

Jeeze, I guess being that tall you've probably whacked your head on door frames a fair few times, eh?

Ladyinred0407
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 8/3/2017 5:49:02 PM
FG, to be very honest with you, the posted rules, policies etc. etc. you find behind the scenes here............may or may not be factual. The POF team left a long time ago and the Match team never dropped by to check -in.
I have nooooo idea who is in charge, and I doubt anyone is..........................Well sometimes there is an Elvis sighting but other than that, we have been left behind to manage on our own! OOOOOOOOOOOOO now THAT'S scary!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/3/2017 5:49:32 PM

On this one, you can't block someone who blocks you because you have to do it thru messages.

You do not need a message to block someone.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/3/2017 5:49:33 PM
" I messaged her once more just to be sure "

Since you are SURE how blocking works on POF, best to just move on the moment a woman loses interest regardless how " dumbfounded " you may feel at the time
 familyguy4444
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 5:52:18 PM
Thanks for actually addressing the original issue. That could be the case. But when the too many blocks and you're deleted policy is on the current FAQ, you have to assume it could be carried out.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/3/2017 6:08:34 PM
My word.
Sheesh, only the guilty act so worried, free site, copy your profile, get deleted for bothering the women who told you go away
Create another
Results the same but...
There was a Reason, she told you good luck good bye
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 6:32:11 PM

I'm not looking for any advice.

That's never stopped anyone from offering it on POF.

They will go on....and on....and on....with their 2 cents.....which becomes 2 dollars.......

Most of you want to make this personal and get too emotional about this.

And yet, "they" turn around and tell others not to take anything personal.

Another smh moment.

Wouldn't it be more fun to wish people into the cornfield (Twilight Zone reference) instead of just blocking them?
 familyguy4444
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 6:47:51 PM
Yes, that's something I'd support. Banish them to the cornfield.... We are in the Twilight Zone, after all.
 spot4username
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 6:49:10 PM

Wouldn't it be more fun to wish people into the cornfield (Twilight Zone reference) instead of just blocking them?

Let's send them to The Phantom Zone!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/3/2017 8:28:29 PM
or to Maryland, :) Sir if a woman blocking you causes such angst I suggest you don't watch GOT
There is ALWAYS a reason. Maybe she hates your shirt .. shrug
I don't have a brand new Tache.. damn I want my day in Court. And a refund for the free site I bug men on who have zero interest in me

Plus side, I only paid 160 today at the Dentist. All together now
Sephora spree
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/4/2017 7:59:42 AM
Damn.

False teeth are cheap!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/4/2017 11:59:42 AM
you have them stillsosoft?
Or did you make your own in a craft class?
 familyguy4444
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2017 6:27:36 PM

Jeeze, I guess being that tall you've probably whacked your head on door frames a fair few times, eh?

This is what I mean by getting personal for no reason and not sticking to the subject. No, I haven't "whacked" my head on door frames much. I'm aware of them and know how to duck. Unlike many people on this site, I can write in complete sentences and understand how to use grammar. So if you're insinuating I'm not intelligent, that's not going to fly.

I did make you the first person on POF I have blocked for a legitimate reason of unwarranted personal attacks. And it did feel pretty good. I'll have to do that more often.
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/4/2017 6:43:14 PM
Wow.

You called my comment about your height a "personal attack"? And surmised I thought you unintelligent?

Dude...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/5/2017 8:37:43 AM
Mz_Informed, you should have realized from earlier posts that he was going to take your joke personally. I'm sure you were just trying to lighten the mood, but not everyone shares the same sense of humor.

If you had made a similar type of joke about a man's weight and asked him if he got stuck in door frames, it likely wouldn't have gone over very well, either.
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/5/2017 9:29:04 AM
Thanks, halcyon, I guess I should have known better. Oh, well.

I'm still gonna be me!!

And if blocking me puts a little smile on his face, cool. It's all good.

Edit to add: Oh dear, I'd never make a comment about someone's weight. I suppose I didn't think that through; that someone could be sensitive about their height (being tall) as well. Oopsie.
 sun___flower
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2017 11:48:58 AM

I did make you the first person on POF I have blocked for a legitimate reason of unwarranted personal attacks. And it did feel pretty good. I'll have to do that more often.

SLAFFA
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/5/2017 12:04:25 PM
This site is full of all kinds of strange Fish. Maybe a week or so ago, a woman that I had never contacted (much less even VISITED her profile) blocked me because...?

I have reched the conclusion that perhaps she does not like dogs. Or sunglasses. Or hats. Or motorcycles.

Personally? I have been doing Forums since around 05 ish and have never even considered blocking someone for ANY reason.

Much simpler to simply IGNORE I think.

Which is why I highly recommend it.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2017 12:04:41 PM

But when the too many blocks and you're deleted policy is on the current FAQ, you have to assume it could be carried out.

Familyguy, I truly don't mean to pick on you, BUT..........IF you assume POF could could follow thru on the "too many blocks, you're deleted policy", and then you say, "I'll have to do that more often"..........................Are you testing the Match team?

In my years here I only used the block feature perhaps 3x's, when they became rude, nasty, and wouldn't take no for an answer.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/5/2017 12:12:21 PM
And announcing who you block ( a regular and liked forumite) yea, that wouldn't possibly earn you even MORE blocks FG.
I can see why you are having some difficulties.. time spent moaning about being blocked could have been used to craft a fab message to someone else hmm?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/5/2017 1:09:54 PM

This site is full of all kinds of strange Fish. Maybe a week or so ago, a woman that I had never contacted (much less even VISITED her profile) blocked me because...?

How do you know she blocked you if you've never visited her profile?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 72
Another mystery to be solved
Posted: 8/5/2017 1:58:15 PM
The block feature is a useful tool, most or too lazy to delete then create a new profile to continue the hounding
No idea if I've been blocked or not - could give a rat's corpse if I have been.
Have a fair number blocked - msgs like today's offering
" hey sweetheart you look like my kind of woman" in Ohio. 5'8. Woot.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2017 11:16:12 PM
FG, she could have been saying that to see what you'd say and push you to maybe ask to meet, but apparently not. Turns out what she said was her way of saying convo over, but I wouldn't have assumed it by what she said.
 benartflick
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/6/2017 10:22:41 AM

"I can see why you are having some difficulties.. time spent moaning about being blocked"

I'll share and grumble! It was devastating to me. I immediately took down my photos here and on match.com when I noticed I was blocked from just viewing a profile on match.com.

Just the possibility that a 65 year old neighbor who works out at my gym might find me so repulsive she had to make it clear not to send her a friendly 'Hi' or even give her a friendly smile at the gym bothers me.

Last week I was working out several feet away from her. I didn't even give her my usual friendly smile when we made eye contact. I just turned my head and worked out.

Since I didn't meet her age, height and income requirements I never would have asked her out. After noticing we had a lot in common and she was an avid golfer I made her one of my 3 favorites on Match (all golfers). That's when she blocked me from viewing her profile.

I hope the woman from the gym that I did date for a few months didn't say bad things about me. None of it would be true. Ya know how women are.

I just noticed (minutes ago) I'm no longer blocked by her.

Under who favored me: her photo and photos of two other women are shown with the words "They're into you along with 14 others". Then there's subscribe now and find out who they are. I doubt if she made me a favorite (why block me if that was true?). Also, there is no way those two other women are into me. If there was a remote possibility, I would join in a heartbeat.

I think Match is just trying to make a few bucks. I never subscribed because ya have to be a paid member to respond to other paying members that contacted you.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2017 11:14:08 AM
Ben, I can understand how you feel for what you believe to be true, but I don't think it was that bad. Your neighbor may have blocked you to show she's not interested, but so what? Seeing someone online at the gym is awkward. I see she unblocked you. Forget about online dating nonsense and ask her out. Put it out there, say you saw her profile and that she likes golf. I don't know if it's a good first date, if you think so, ask her out on a golf date. Or delve into one of her other interests. Worst she can do is say no. You'll have cleared the air and get your answer. She may not want to date a gym member, but you'll never know unless you ask her out, the normal in person way.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason