Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 76
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reasonPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
ekkk, she doesn't want the air cleared.. she blocked him! And I guess he could sleep on her front porch, golf club in hand til she realizes he is the " one"
 spot4username
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 8/6/2017 11:37:42 AM
^^^
You know some people don't really grasp how all this newfangled technology works. If he is no longer a paying member so he has no idea who has him blocked. The "interests" that show up are just an algorithm. They aren't real. They probably aren't even active profiles. They are just profiles that fit and were at one time created. Nothing more.
 sun___flower
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Women be crazy
Posted: 8/6/2017 11:41:56 AM
Ben
I hope the woman from the gym that I did date for a few months didn't say bad things about me. None of it would be true. Ya know how women are.

halcyon_skies
Msg: 79
Women be crazy
Posted: 8/6/2017 12:14:20 PM
If this woman had Ben blocked at one time, the last thing he should do is ask her out---she's not interested. It would just make things more awkward for him at the gym if she turned him down. It's likely that Match was responsible for unblocking him, and not the woman. I was a member of Match at one time, and this happened to me.

I had blocked a man who said something to me of a sexual nature, that I deemed to be inappropriate. He winked me a few weeks later. I did some investigating and found out he was no longer on my block list. I had NOT unblocked him.
 sun___flower
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Women be crazy
Posted: 8/6/2017 12:21:09 PM
Ouija
ekkk, she doesn't want the air cleared.. she blocked him!

Halcyon
If this woman had Ben blocked at one time, the last thing he should do is ask her out---she's not interested. It would just make things more awkward for him at the gym if she turned him down. It's likely that Match was responsible for unblocking him, and not the woman.

+1
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2017 12:41:05 PM

This site is full of all kinds of strange Fish.

Ain't THAT the truth.

It's the mercury poisoning.

Much simpler to simply IGNORE I think.

But not as much fun.

(Wishing them into the cornfield)
 sun___flower
Msg: 82
view profile
History
FMG Drinking Game
Posted: 8/6/2017 12:44:57 PM

It's the mercury poisoning.

*takes drink*
 benartflick
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/6/2017 3:47:34 PM

I see she unblocked you. Forget about online dating nonsense and ask her out. Put it out there, say you saw her profile and that she likes golf. I don't know if it's a good first date, if you think so, ask her out on a golf date. Or delve into one of her other interests. Worst she can do is say no. You'll have cleared the air and get your answer. She may not want to date a gym member, but you'll never know unless you ask her out, the normal in person way.

NewYorker, thanks and I think your advice is logical.

I would never ask a woman out if I knew she wanted a man at least 5'10" (I'm only 5' 8". She appears to be shorter than the 5'3" she has posted). That's the way I am. I don't care. That's her business.

I thought blocking me was rude and insulting. It was for 'no apparent reason' other than let me know she's not interested in me. That doesn't bother me at all. Blocking me troubled me.

I believed I was just giving her a friendly compliment by making her one of my favorites. One might think a normal woman 65 or older would appreciate the praise. It's not like I'm stalking her.

Other than 4 days ago, I doubt if she realized I'm Ben Artflick on Match.com. I'm Ron and that was the only time I was within 100 feet of her (other than walking by a few times over the years).

I've never seen her in the pool, sauna or steam room. If I ever do, I will confront her about blocking me. I wouldn't consider asking her out. Isn't blocking someone like sticking a cross in front of a vampire's face and shouting stay away?

My interest in her would have been (if I had met all her requirements) a possible companion to travel across the country, playing the best public golf courses. Who knows how many years or months we have left. We'll both be leaving a lot of money to our kids. We can't take it with us.

"he has no idea who has him blocked"

I was blocked from viewing her profile (not now). I read that shortly after checking her a favorites. Are you suggesting that might not be true (meaning perhaps I wasn't blocked)?

"The "interests" that show up are just an algorithm. They aren't real."

That's my opinion, too. Her face showed up favoring me long before I checked her as a favorite. I never considered it real since faces were showing up before I posted any photos.
 sun___flower
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for the obvious reason
Posted: 8/6/2017 3:53:13 PM

I've never seen her in the pool, sauna or steam room. If I ever do, I will confront her about blocking me.

This speaks for itself.
 benartflick
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/6/2017 4:28:03 PM

This speaks for itself.

Care to share your thoughts? I can only guess what you meant by that. Insult - right? Are ya picking on the old man?

By her not using the pool while I'm there has absolutely nothing to do with me. I swim and workout usually in the afternoon.

She works out in the morning. The few times I worked out in the AM I noticed her from afar. Four days ago was the only time I noticed her working out in the afternoon - sitting down 3 feet away from me.

Are you suggesting it would be inappropriate to ask why she blocked me? Perhaps she didn't or there might be another reason other than 'not interested in me'. Please share why one woman thinks it is so obviously inappropriate to ask a simple question while chatting in a swimming pool. We all chat a lot there - not in the workout area.

Of course I would be tactful and friendly with a big smile. Most men are in person. Aren't we?
 SLAFFA
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/6/2017 4:31:00 PM
I don't think it is any great leap that the folks who are most enamored with the block feature are the ones most addcited to their various electronic devices?

Ignoring Internet folks is no different than ignoring certain channels on tv.
 gtomustang
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/6/2017 4:38:07 PM
I suspect the rhetorical question is, "if you confront her, what do you expect will happen?" If there is a potential for something uncomfortable to happen, is it worth opening the door to that happening. If something good happens...how good will it be, if she already blocked you. You're reading her body language better than we can, if you think this is not a case of "be careful what you ask for", then do what you wish...and please share :) But otherwise, sometimes people in this world will not accept us, or they just haven't practiced their social skills enough to polish them, or something else is going on (maybe she has a partner who asked what was going on and she needed to cover her behind). sometimes letting go is better than getting an answer...the block may not have been a definite answer as to WHY she did what she did, but what's important is that she did what she did.

JMO.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/6/2017 4:54:43 PM

Are you suggesting it would be inappropriate to ask why she blocked me?

By your own admission, you didn't meet her criteria for age, height, and income. You were not what she was looking for. That should be reason enough not to confront her about blocking you. You can smile at her to let her know you're friendly, but I think that's about as far as you should go.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/6/2017 5:07:26 PM
Did you ever clear up how you knew a woman had blocked you Slafffa?
You are butthurt because a woman blocked you Ben? Motherofpearl. I thought with age came wisdom
Now you gonna lurk in the steam room? Nice. Stay classy
PS " you know how women are " seems all this time on the rock and you do not
 NewYorker58
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2017 5:55:51 PM
Ben, I agree with Mustang guy.

You've probably heard alot lately about when a woman says no, it means no. I just wasn't sure if she changed her mind since she unblocked you, then you mentioned she may have even "liked" you. Now with what the ladies here in the Forum are saying about the site itself doing things on their own, I'm unclear what is really going on with her status. If she blocked you and you were still blocked, I would say definitely do not make any contact with her in the gym.

Why is it inappropriate to ask her about blocking you? Because she sent you a message by doing that, saying she doesn't want to be communicated with, and that extends to in person contact if you're still blocked. That would include approaching her to ask about the blocking, but why ask if you're unblocked? Also, you're cornering her with that question. She will probably say you don't appeal to her in some way, do you really want to force her to say that? She could say worse, or report you to the gym management. If you're unblocked, why not ask her out instead of confronting her or message her? Do what you think is best, then please update us! Don't leave us hanging! ☺

P.S. - That's a big NO, just because she's 65, that does not mean she would automatically feel complimented by your interest in her.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/6/2017 6:42:21 PM
She will most likely disappear in a vapor. Old forumites know of what I type.
Yes, because when someone refusing to take no means no.. I'll ask him out for coffee. Not
This is why people get restraining orders
Hey it's a walk in the Park, but you don't know I'm stalking
SMH
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2017 6:53:59 PM

She will most likely disappear in a vapor

LOL, Oh snap!
 moraima
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2017 10:02:08 PM
"One might think a normal woman 65 or older would appreciate the praise. It's not like I'm stalking her."

WTF..............................WTF..............................WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

A woman who is normal 65 or older would appreciate the praise..............................................What in the name of hell is that supposed to mean??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Screaming in my Chardonnay...............................that or it is kick butt. Might be 65+ but I can still kick butt or at least my XTerra can.
 benartflick
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/7/2017 9:24:08 AM

"You're reading her body language better than we can"

GTO, she blocked me from looking at her photos and profile (months ago), and then she sat down next to me five days ago. There are about a dozen benches and two chairs in a row in front of the weights and mirror. All of them were unoccupied. I think we were the only two people in that room. I felt uncomfortable - first time at that gym during a 10 year membership.

I did a quick 12 shoulder presses and left that area in a flash. I didn't complete my workout. I even avoided looking at her reflection in the mirror.

I'm flying up to Ct in 10 days. It's been 3 or 4 years since my last singles dance at the Gallery. Great place! Plenty of attractive friendly women. Maybe it's changed. I hope not.

"you didn't meet her criteria for...income. You were not what she was looking for. That should be reason enough not to confront her about blocking you. You can smile at her to let her know you're friendly,"

Yeah, confronting her was a bad idea, but I'm not about to flash a friendly smile or an unfriendly finger.

I see wealth or class discrimination as the main reason for being blocked. Of course that's her prerogative and no explanation is required.

I believe I'm right about the main reason she blocked me. (Unless she heard something about me from the woman I dated. It's not true! Ya know how women are. I'm kidding about that 'how women are' comment.)

"Because she sent you a message by doing that, saying she doesn't want to be communicated"

Not wanting to date someone earning less 150 grand a year is different from blocking a profile: 'don't attempt to have a friendly chat at our gym or ask me to play a round of golf'.

Days after she sat down next me (making me uncomfortable) I noticed the topic 'blocked for no apparent reason' on this forum and a member teasing someone about 'moaning' about being blocked. That word 'moaning' persuaded me to chime-in. Perhaps that was a mistake.

I just don't see what you all see, "She's just not interested in you. It's as simple as that!"

Like most people, I'm friendly - even with women I think are unattractive or extremely poor.

"She will probably say you don't appeal to her in some way"

I knew I didn't meet her dating requirements. Maybe she believes men earning less than 150 grand are too stupid to realize that. If we weren't neighbors and didn't frequent the same gym, I wouldn't have been bothered at all.

"why not ask her out instead of confronting her...?"

I would never ask her out knowing I didn't meet her requirements. If a man earned over 300 grand, I think she might wave the height requirement. Even I might qualify if she knew my net worth and how much cash I had in banks, bonds and stocks.

I agree with everyone that I shouldn't ask 'why'. But I don't agree it would be inappropriate asking that question during a friendly chat.
 spot4username
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2017 10:00:58 AM
^^^
I guess I am going to have to daytrip it to Flagler to ask this woman why she blocked Ben. Apparently it is a burning question that needs to be put to rest. Sounds like he has her schedule down pat so I will be able to find her easily.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/7/2017 10:39:45 AM

Isn't blocking someone like sticking a cross in front of a vampire's face and shouting stay away?

Yes, yes, it is.
That should sort of be the end of the query?

Who chases after vampires?
 spot4username
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2017 10:53:29 AM
^
If you go by this thread men of a certain age.
Maybe that should be the new dating tip. Block em and you are guaranteed their undivided attention!
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2017 10:55:11 AM

Who chases after vampires?

Van Helsing.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/7/2017 11:02:58 AM
^^^True that.
And if I were a vampire and Van Helsing was Jeremy Renner,
or Mr. Pig (hahahaha!) I'd possibly not be so hasty in my retreat.
But for most everyone else...vampire be gone!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/7/2017 12:11:01 PM
If you get a paid account, you can send a crab as a gift that stays on a profile for 3 weeks

I do this with biotches only
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason