Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 101
Getting blocked by someone for the obvious reasonPage 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
^^^^I forgot who you used to be. And then I remembered.

I liked you better before.
I'm glad you're in a relationship, but sorry you're so angry in here.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 102
Getting blocked by someone for the obvious reason
Posted: 8/7/2017 12:26:05 PM
Clooneys, you actually took the time to open my profile and send me a gift?

It's doubtful you'd bother to do that with women you didn't give a rat's azz about. After all, you're the dude who's so fond of bragging about how you never initiate first contact with women in here, eh?
 sun___flower
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2017 12:26:44 PM
Ben
I just don't see what you all see, "She's just not interested in you. It's as simple as that!"

Her blocking you so that you could no longer even view her profile doesn't tell you she is not interested in you? What would it take for you to see that she is not interested in you?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/7/2017 1:13:56 PM
Mace in the Sauna room?
Sugar in the gas tank?
5 year script to Bird Talk?
omg, you didn't look at her reflection in the mirror hahaha. Maybe she doesn't cast one. :/
I agree a day trip on order, beat the info outta her need be.
No one blocks Ben ( use approp tough guy voice)
Ben " I will leave her alone"
Narrator - " but Ben didn't meaning he had to find a new gym"
How come you don't have a pic up of the happy couple he who used to be Clooney?
 spot4username
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2017 1:31:19 PM
I mean it is only two hours. Easy peasy. When I am done interrogating this could have been so lucky to be complimented by him 65 year old I could check out some local gyms as I agree he will be invited to find a new one. I can also walk both of them through the way all the settings work on an online dating account. I offer a full service confrontation.

On another note I'm a little jealous that I did't get some sort of gift on my profile. I guess we all see where the poster formerly known as Clooney's heart lies.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2017 2:54:05 PM

Are you suggesting it would be inappropriate to ask why she blocked me?

If she's not someone you mingle with, yes it would be. It was too much for her to Block you, but her mentality, as you noted, can be on a bit of a different wavelength and kinda self-centered. She walks over and sits next to you -- she probably didn't keep it fresh in her mind "I blocked Him".

It's a worthy question to ask IF you two end up in the future mingling a lot AND the topic of dating sites comes up, to weave it in. THEN it wouldn't be confrontational -- just a question as to what that was about, is all. From her perspective, she may not like her profile seen by guys in her building (sans maybe a hot one she likes), and from her perspective it's just a "Not Interested" thing. So in the future here, if she Is talkative & friendly with you and all -- you could pretty much bet it was her way of marking as "Not Interested" and wasn't thinking of it in any real Negative way. I don't think you should take the Block to heart. Some people use it differently than others, and she goes by the beat of her own drum, so it shouldn't be the biggest shocker.
 gtomustang
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/8/2017 4:19:58 AM
Ben, you know the intersection in "front" of the Gallery? Its a rotary now...and not a good one...will probably still be blocked off by the time you get here. Apparently next June they may have it all figured out, so you'll have to reach the Gallery by the back roads, if you don't already head that way.

Spot, sorry you didn't get a gift, I hear wiccan defector gives women crabs.
 spot4username
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2017 4:47:31 AM
quote] Spot, sorry you didn't get a gift, I hear wiccan defector gives women crabs.
Actually I did get a gift and it isn't crabs. He was quite the good sport.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/8/2017 7:57:32 AM
It's "defecator", not "defector", and if you got a gift, I sure hope it's not that! 💩
 gtomustang
Msg: 110
really? no #$#
Posted: 8/8/2017 6:27:38 PM
i'm trying to clean up my act, upon advice of a poster :) but thanks for the correction.

what is a witch pooper, anyway? I would think, "wiccan deflector" would make more sense. I tried being one once by waving my, um, wand. Apparently it had no magic, black or otherwise.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 111
really? no #$#
Posted: 8/8/2017 6:31:26 PM
In that case, it was a crab, singular---NOT crabs. But thanks for playin'. ;)

I dunno. Ask him. It's moot point anyway, since he's changed his username yet again.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 8/9/2017 9:29:01 AM
Blocking is a feature here some women use to weed out prospects. It's unfair because if you get a certain number of blocks I think the system here automatically deletes your profile.. .
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/9/2017 9:37:07 AM
"if you get a certain number of blocks I think the system here automatically deletes your profile.. ."

Oh really ? I don't think that has even been mentioned in this thread yet
 moraima
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2017 6:15:05 PM
""if you get a certain number of blocks I think the system here automatically deletes your profile.. ."

Holy Hell....................I have been here for over a decade. Must have blocked dozens. Guess they are floating around in cyberspace.

Had no idea how much power I had. Insert evil laugh.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/9/2017 7:20:45 PM

if you get a certain number of blocks I think the system here automatically deletes your profile.. .

There is a bit more to it than just that.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2017 8:03:43 PM
^^^ Not sure LOL Trump. If there is more to it.
The OP didn't say how old she was. The system auto blocks men if they try to contact women 14 years younger .
The OP didn't say she had mail settings that might restrict him from contacting her ie. distance
The OP would have had to make a first contact with the lady. You can not block someone unless they contact you. You can't block a person just because they looked at your profile.

So what's more Trump.. would you elaborate?
 benartflick
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/10/2017 6:39:31 AM

What would it take for you to see that she is not interested in you?

Sun Flower, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I thought she wasn't interested in me when I responded to the OP's thread due to her requirements: 5'10" plus and income over 150 grand. I didn't trust Match's 'They're into you or they fav'd you'. For over a year her photo is with women supposedly favoring me. (Yesterday I realized it's likely she and some other women checked me as a possibility when I showed up in their daily matches.)

TO ME blocking doesn't just mean 'I'm not interested'. I took it as keep away and don't say 'Hello' if I sit next to you at our gym. I felt like she implied I was a possible stalker or someone not worthy (a poor man earning less than 150 K) of being friendly with at our gym. Her not being interested in dating me had nothing to do with me being annoyed.

Now I'm more aware of how Match works. I blocked everyone from viewing my profile. I'm not a paying member and it was simple. I can unblock at any time. It's possible she did what I did yesterday. We'll never know and I'll never ask - since that would be inappropriate. (I still disagree, but I'll go along with the majority here.)

"If she's not someone you mingle with, yes it would be."

I agree, but if we were alone in a sauna or pool, after a brief chat I don't think it would be inappropriate inquiring about the blocking in a friendly manner. Especially now after realizing she may have blocked everybody from viewing her profile temporarily (like I just did). I have no way of knowing (without asking).
 LOLTrump
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/10/2017 6:43:37 AM

So what's more Trump.. would you elaborate?

The number of blocks someone gets is not the only criteria for profile deletion, there are other things that come into play.
 hakkata
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:10:37 AM
^^^ It could be Ben that she has read your various messages here over the years and does not like a guy

(1) who constantly complains about others, like doctors, lawyers, museum admins and the money they make, etc. I.e., as I perceive you, you are a perpetual grouch, angry at the world. There was a period you never had anything good to say about anybody. The doctors were all incompetents.. the lawyers didn't know what they were doing..etc. etc.

(2) You are a blue collar guy who worked in the maritime industry right? Able bodied seaman? Longshoreman? Older, sophisticated women are not worried so much about income when a guy is 68 as much as intellect and financial stability to take care of himself. I'm guessing based on your background you don't have millions in the bank...maybe just getting by on a fixed SS income?

(3) You also on here have made gross exaggerations in the past, if not being an outright liar... for example, that little story on off-topics about the politicians son who got away with a drunk driving accident... when you had no idea if the guy got away with anything, whether he was liable for anything, but especially amusing was the story where your relative touched a live wire and blew up, leaving nothing but a large crater in the ground.

(4) Than there is your profile photo... or was... two guys.. it was not clear who was you, but it showed an un physically fit man at the golf course if I recall.

This is the thing...people use these message boards and that's all well and good... .but if you are looking to date and you expose to the world who you are by your posts, you really shouldn't be surprised if you act like an ahole that women are not going to be interested in you. So it could be the way you have portrayed yourself over the years here, it could be your being an unfit guy, it could be she does not perceive you as sophisticated enough for her, or maybe you are simply too angry for her.

But you know what...you are 68 years old. Companionship is great... but you are not a school boy anymore. Who gives a damn why she blocked you. She is not interested ...end of story. You go on with what is left of your life, and being alone may well be superior to the alternative. I get the feeling from your posts on here you would be a very, very difficult guy to get along with. I can't blame a woman from not being interested. Women too at 65 are probably not interested in being involved with just any guy again just for the sake of companionship. They get they're basically in the invisible status... and they get used to it and accept it. So should you. Just sayin.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:17:40 AM
LOL

Sometimes I wonder just how delusional some forum regulars are to think that more than a very small percentage of people even KNOW about this forum let alone read it AT ALL.

I bet some regulars think of themselves a certain type of celebrity who might get asked for an autograph if recognized while out in public !

SMH
 hakkata
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:27:07 AM
^^^^ and I think you are fooling yourself. If somebody is contacting you on POF or you are contacting somebody, the first thing most people probably do is put that user name in Google to see what they find, which will lead right to this forum. After all..knowledge is power... wouldn't you want to know as much as possible about a person before you meet them?

Most people do not participate in the forums, but I am betting far more people read them than you realize.
 benartflick
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:42:24 AM

Sometimes I wonder just how delusional some forum regulars are to think that more than a very small percentage of people even KNOW about this forum let alone read it AT ALL.

Butterchickenchuck, I doubt if the troll above is serious. He might be. I used to respond to him, but found out the guy or woman has a serious reading comprehension problem. Naïve me took the time to provide him with solid proof a couple times, he couldn't understand a word (unless he was just acting like a moron).

He's had numerous ID's and been trolling this forum for years. From one of his ID's I suspected he's a gay short man living in the UK. Don't know and don't care. I'm certain he has some serious mental problems - even worse than my ex-wife and her mother - if that's possible.
 hakkata
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:52:44 AM

Don't know and don't care. I'm certain he has some serious mental problems - even worse than my ex-wife and her mother - if that's possible.

Classic case of projection.. I get why you don't like the truth about you Ben, although I do think that you took some of my advice about your constantly complaining to heart.. you do seem to have toned your b i t c h in down a bit, have attempted to appear to be a more decent, reasonable person. The problem is, your true personality has already been exposed here. You can't hide who you are if you keep this username.

Its because I found you such a whiner and complainer and exaggerator and a liar that I started commenting to you. If I were you, I would create a brand new ID...I'm guessing very few women familiar with your posting history would have any interest in you. Just giving it to you like it is. I get reality is a difficult burden to accept at times.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/10/2017 10:33:25 AM
"I'm certain he has some serious mental problems "

There's more than a handful of them here - I keep expecting to see a story on the news about a homicide involving forum adversaries. Seriously, there's one guy in particular I think is totally capable of it. For obvious reasons, I'm NOT going to say who.
 sun___flower
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2017 11:07:49 AM

TO ME blocking doesn't just mean 'I'm not interested'. I took it as keep away and don't say 'Hello' if I sit next to you at our gym. I felt like she implied I was a possible stalker or someone not worthy (a poor man earning less than 150 K) of being friendly with at our gym. Her not being interested in dating me had nothing to do with me being annoyed.

Thx for replying, Ben. I understand from your first posting that you thought her blocking of you meant she finds you 'repulsive.' I don't think that's necessarily the case. I think some people use blocking as an organizational tool, to sort profiles that are not a match.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason