Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 126
Getting blocked by someone for the obvious reasonPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I have an easy rule of thumb re being blocked :

treat them as if they no longer exist

simple
 NewYorker58
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for the obvious reason
Posted: 8/10/2017 6:21:54 PM
Whoa, hakkata, telling it like it is, lol.

It's a rarity for me to block someone. I can't even recall when I have done that. I treat everyone with respect that are respectful to me, and don't find myself in this situation all the time of needing to block people. Men appreciate a kind message coming back to them after they take the time to message someone. Some people online have lost all their humanity.
 pepperstrand
Msg: 128
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 5/27/2018 11:59:11 AM
Block someone if they are mean, aggressive or don't jive with your morals and values. I did this recently, thought things were going along well then he talked about a topic that I feel was totally not right due to the fact we had not had a first date. So... block. Watch your manners if you don't want to be blocked.
 siisaa
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2018 12:58:51 PM
there's always a reason. it might be minor or major but alas, there's a reason they did it. if you get blocked habitually, it's something you're doing to turn these people way off.
 WakemanR
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 4:59:51 AM
Surely being blocked is the ultimate "no thanks"? Just move on....
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2018 8:07:59 PM
I get blocked all the time.
I forget who I have messaged and on the second message I often get blocked.

If its not meant to be then that's fine.
Plenty more fish...…

I block people myself as I just don't fancy them or they live too far away.
I believe its better to block someone than give reason and rhyme why I don't want to know them.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2018 11:19:15 PM
Why block someone just because they contacted you and you're not interested?
 blkveilyn11
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 10:37:22 AM
has happened twice they tell me about people not being who they say are me saying back yup lots of scammers then they block you. had so many fakesbeginning to catch onto who they are
 NewYorker58
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 2:05:10 PM
blk, is very easy to spot a scammer. Are they younger than you, are they better looking, live in another state or country, don't speak proper/normal English for someone in the US or Canada? If so, you block them immediately. There's no reason to start conversing with them. Once you respond, they think Bingo, I've got a live one.
 Gino_Vaselino
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 8:30:06 AM
that is WEAK

I don't know wtf is wrong with people - instead of blocking, how about being a god damned HUMAN BEING and saying; "know what? I am sorry, I don't really wanna chat anymore, because of _____ (fill in the blank)

I have been kindly dumped and I have dumped also, very kindly and carefully.

It's about time people be good to each other, EVEN WHEN THERE"S NO IMMEDIATE GAIN

It's called making the world a better place, one gesture at a time

BTW that blocker chick is an ^^^hole
 Gino_Vaselino
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for the obvious reason
Posted: 6/12/2018 8:30:34 AM
I agree with you 100%

Thank God for people like you
 Gino_Vaselino
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2018 8:31:08 AM
ok, but the fellow above gave no indication he'd said something "around the bend"
 ResilientGent
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/30/2018 1:45:26 AM
Got blocked for looking.
I have looked at more then one profile & had to go to real life, came back & clicked on a profile again to read it some more so i can send a message in regards to something i have noticed we had in common, only to get the "you have been blocked message".
Personality not looks, dont judge a book by its cover
 ssm508
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 7:10:55 AM
Some people will block you when they aren't interested or lose interest for whatever reason(s) as a preemptive strike. One time I was talking to a woman. She emailed me and asked me a few questions. When I tried to respond and answer her questions, I found out I was blocked. I think blocking should only be used when someone is unable to take no for an answer or is rude.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 9:02:25 AM
Blocking men routinely and for no good reason is ridiculous, and not very nice to do. I don't even block scammers. When they start they're scamming bullsh!t by saying to e-mail them offline and ask for my telephone number, I give them the number to my police station, then report them to pof. Rare is the time anyone has been offensive.
 ScurvyLittleSpider
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/3/2018 2:04:42 PM
I liked this:
[Need Quote Marks]This site is mostly fruitcakes. Getting upset because you cannot read the mind of a fruitcake is not a good plan.
 Chris_1191
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 9:39:41 AM
I've just experienced the same thing. We were chatting for a couple of weeks. Things seemed to be going in the right direction. Then today I come on Pof only to find all messages deleted and that she's blocked me. Really annoying because she was literally everything I've been looking in a gf for many, many years.
It's so disheartening.

I think if you're going to block someone then they should have to provide a reason that you can see; i.e. Found someone; not really interested etc, then be allowed one last correspondence to address what they've said - that way if you acknowledge what they've said, they can unblock you.
 daynadaze
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 6:09:44 PM
Several decades ago, when I was all freaked out (again) about what someone had said or did, I was told that it was none of my business. At first I thought they were nuts, didn't understand, had no feelings, then I started working on having better things to do than manage others peoples reaction to me, and wow, what a great relief. Life has been so much easier. If someone doesn't like me or talk to me, who cares. No one is required to like me.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2018 12:02:01 AM
I like yer style Dayna....
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 8:36:45 PM
Sometimes you just have to think that the problem is them than you. Especially if you have been polite, logical, rational, and non-combative. Some people just can stand others who don't see things their way, respond they want them to, or hold the same ideals they do.
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 8:39:38 PM
True. I give got blocked a few times because I said something that someone did not like. And while it was not rude or mean, I in my heart said it anyway because I just don't have time to put up with people's feelings. I have a bad habit of removing my emotions from a lot of my thoughts and opinions, so I come off rude, arrogant, and/or mean.
 siisaa
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2018 10:13:44 PM

I like yer style Dayna....

Same. I've been a fan of her no-nonsense, practical, down to earth posts for ages.
 zonavar68
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2018 1:59:01 AM

Why block someone just because they contacted you and you're not interested?

That's a massively common thing. I think that because a person perceives someone they're contacting might be interested they do it with good intentions but women seem especially spiteful when they look at a message even when it's not rude (honestly, do women really get bombarded with crude/rude intro messages?) they think "this guy is not interesting why is he even contacting me? I'll just block him because I don't like him" and that's a way to 'brickwall' people a women doesn't like on face value.

For me, if I think a person contacting me is fake, I do an assessment of whether it pans out based on a bunch of factors and block when the factors stack up to a conclusive determination of a fake profile (which usually means links to an organised crime romance scam operation that floods almost all dating sites with massive of fake presences).
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 149
Posted: 8/4/2018 10:12:10 AM
The things are many people will keep attempting to start a conversation even if you do not respond. It gets even worse if you send a quick note hinting you aren't interested and good luck. Blocking saves you so many problems. Online dating is frustrating enough without that.
 Bigtimdog158
Msg: 150
Posted: 9/3/2018 2:52:17 PM
I was just hoping someone could tell jmich29 that she blocked me on accident so I can chat with her. She in the baltimore area and still writes thinking Im not writing her but I cant.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason