Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whiterose0
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reasonPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

The things are many people will keep attempting to start a conversation even if you do not respond.

This was not a common occurrence in my experience. I occasionally got contacted again by a man I didn't respond to the first time, but it was many months later. Usually it happened after I changed my photos.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason
Posted: 9/5/2018 9:14:37 AM
I rarely send a second message. if she didn't see anything at first, I don't want to be the floor scrapins after she tore threw all the good meat. what I find odd and somewhat insulting is I have found profiles and went to message only to find I am blocked. do women actually go threw all the profiles and block all the men their not interested in?
 TZ_1971
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2018 4:14:31 AM
o/p it happens, move on plenty more in the sea (see what I did there)
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2018 6:14:08 PM

do women actually go threw all the profiles and block all the men their not interested in?

No. Or at least I don't. I don't think I've ever blocked someone on here because there was never a need. They would have to be pretty abusive in a message for me to do that. That being said, I also don't respond to every message I get. I used to say this in my profile, but I took it out. I used to respond to every message I received, but about every 8th or so (sometimes less) response, the guy would message back and take my head off. I got tired of it after a while, so I stopped.

That being said, I just got blocked twice in the last couple of days by guys. So I'd say the blocking thing goes both ways.
 five-marie
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 2:31:58 PM
Other than blocking the obvious rude/sex messages I've only blocked two men. Both I had met, both continued to forget who I was despite me telling them a couple of times. Finally I just blocked them. Kinda rude to block for no reason.
 Norasings
Msg: 156
Posted: 9/9/2018 3:57:33 PM
Just because you don't know the reason doesn't mean they don't have one.
 dragonsfire1981
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 1:14:17 PM
Well I've been reading a few posts today after I was supposedly blocked today, and it looks like a common occurance, granted some of these blocks may be to deter people who don't give off a good vibe, however I was puzzled by mine and cannot see how she could have done it. So I sent someone a message just earlier with a mutual meet me and the first one wasn't delivered, second one said "I was blocked by the user", when all I sent her was a friendly greeting. I find it hard to believe every single one of these blocks is a real block, there was a simple introduction in my message and that's it, the system is already known for filtering out message for stupid reasons, another girl I tried to copy and paste some Polish words in a message to her to her e.g. food (she's Polish) and it claimed I was using a "cut and paste reply" wtf. I had to type out the Polish words. I feel strongly something is also awry with the messaging algorithm.
 Ariadne7
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 11:47:36 AM
I think the Block function is being mis-used. It seems the only effective way to remove someone from the 'online' green dots in your inbox, but sadly also has the effect of deleting all record of your messages to one another.

I rarely blocked anyone - only the most rude or lewd and insulting. Since I started logging in again around June 2018, I notice frequent blocks happening - which is very annoying because it is used as a form of 'ghosting' rather than sending a simple message of 'sorry no longer interested' or some such. It also has the side effect of losing all of your correspondence - which I believe is actually a violation of FOIPP - so I have made one request to retrieve my messages > this is not about trying to 'go after' the guy, but simply to retrieve my own writing and thought processes during the conversation - it was my writing after all. Recently, one guy divulged some facts about himself that proved he was misrepresenting himself in his profile. Before I could respond, he has now blocked me, so I don't even have the evidence now to prove his misrepresentation to POF.

They need to change how the BLOCK function works. There ought to be a way to just 'delete' or 'remove' someone from our various lists, so that we don't have to lose all of our messages. The BLOCK should just prevent us from contacting the user any further - but it should not delete the records of our previous conversation up to that point.

All that being said, I have started using the BLOCK function more now myself, just to clear all those green dots of 'contacts on line' that are above my Inbox list. I don't block until I have informed the person that I am no longer interested though..

my 2 cents
 Natey2
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 2:16:10 AM

They need to change how the BLOCK function works.

See my proposal for SuperBlock and Super Unblock at http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16734529.aspx

e.g. if somebody unjustly blocks you, you can SuperBlock them.

Might generate more revenue for POF too.
 ohenryx
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 9:04:50 AM

I rarely send a second message. if she didn't see anything at first, I don't want to be the floor scrapins after she tore threw all the good meat. what I find odd and somewhat insulting is I have found profiles and went to message only to find I am blocked. do women actually go threw all the profiles and block all the men their not interested in?

As I recall, you cannot be blocked until you have sent a message. Are you sure you didn't message her some time ago, and just forgot it? That has happened to me, certainly.

And some of the blocks you encounter are not exactly self-explanatory. The 14 year age limit, the "only accepts messages from upgraded users", or if she set a 75 mile distance limit. All you see are "only accepts messages from certain users, look for someone else", which can leave you scratching your head.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 9:42:36 AM
At the end of the day, ………………...disregard anything and everything causing one grief, and anxiety.
POF can be used for free. More often than not, one gets what one pays for. The restrictions and blocking remain the same for customers who pay for an account.

There are features / options provided by POF that ........may or may not, be of benefit to the user.
Blocking -proactive and Mail settings -restrictions...………….. benefit a user on the receiving end.

Lesson to be learned. If one is participating online with a dating site, IF you don't like how the site works, try another site!
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 10:27:01 AM
well I didn't lay awake at night worrying about it, just thought it was odd. obviously, they were not interested so sending a message would be useless. I search the sites looking for those that do interest me, not those I detest and block. just 'feels' insulting but in the end, not much different from simply not being interested.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 10:33:48 AM
LOL, Sorry John, my response above was directed to others, not AT you. I really don't imagine you lay awake at night, nor worry. Not at all!
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 10:46:41 AM
right now, more worried about getting showered and making it to my sisters before all the thanksgiving dinner is gone.
 PilotMan2
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2018 10:14:02 AM
may be she changed her mail settings? or she thinks you are to far to meet.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Getting blocked by someone for no apparent reason