Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Bait and Switch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Bait and SwitchPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^^^
We have the MOST amazing candy shop in Jax and you can get a burger and a****ail!!! Sweet Pete's. Heaven.

I thing that looking for the next "better" would be a self-defeating thing to do. Of course I am always looking for the next better pair of shoes....
 south_city
Msg: 77
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:02:00 AM

WHY do people say that?!? No one needs to think they can get something BETTER. They only need to think that that date they made is going to SUCK, and decide to skip it. BETTER down the road has nothing to do with it.

Sometimes what you said is true. But what sandwater said can sometimes also happen as well. All it takes is an email from a person that is taller or they consider to be a little bit better looking. Thus they start talking to that person and ignore the person that they had been talking to.

I doubt most people OLD are looking for the next " better" more like they are looking for a good match.

Looking for something better may not necessarily apply to most people. But I don't think it's rare for that to happen with OLD either with the amount of potential options people have. It's probably somewhere in between.
 hemingway234
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:28:02 AM
Most of your dates on dating sites are going to one and done........ they can't realize attraction until you meet, and many won't be. No problem, you only need one.

And yes, Parents with young kids are tough to date, they don't have time.

And yes, there are plenty of undesirables on dating sites.

If you go for a mail order bride, just remember, they are still real women....... sure, some can be low maintenance, what you want (and you can find low maintenance women here, as well as all over the world)....... but others can be golddigers. And like I said, they are still women and have the same basic needs and require the same care and feeding!

It's normal to have more fist dates than second dates, don't sweat it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 79
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:47:01 AM
er Hemingway... still waters run deep hmm?

"It's normal to have more fist dates than second dates, don't sweat it."
I'd sweat a fist date
 spot4username
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:50:36 AM

"It's normal to have more fist dates than second dates, don't sweat it."
I'd sweat a fist date

Right?!?
I did appreciate the chuckle though.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/21/2017 10:37:52 AM

It's normal to have more fist dates than second dates,

Especially if most of your dates are in sleazy waterfront dive bars.

Parents with young kids are tough to date,

And yet, I suspect that many of them have more dates than me, who has no kids of any age.

there are plenty of undesirables on dating sites.

I'm glad I'm not one of them.

require the same care and feeding!

Aye, there's the rub.

No problem, you only need one.

That's what I have been saying about a winning lottery ticket since 1985.

Still haven't come across it.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/21/2017 11:01:55 PM

Looking for something better may not necessarily apply to most people. But I don't think it's rare for that to happen with OLD either with the amount of potential options people have.

Looking at a long list of members is a false promise. A site with 100,000 members does NOT mean you have 100,000 options. A match has to be made BOTH WAYS, and communication established before you are even close to an "option". Only when you have made a date ( be it a formal date, or coffee meet) do you TRULY have an option: You can show up or not show up. Before then your only choice is HOPE someone talks to you - that's only HOPE, it's not an option.

That fact that its a common experience that even finding a warm body to talk to is a difficult thing in OLD, is proof enough that one's "options" are very, very, limited. Even a woman who gets a deluge of messages doesn't have the seemingly endless options. As I stated above - the match has to go both ways - so, 90% of that mailbag is only trash. Think of ALL the JUNKMAIL you've received in a month. How much of it do you read? How much of it do you respond to? When does a fast-food coupon become an "option" and not just useless paper stuck on your fridge?

People like to look, people like to dream, people have endless choices .... but NOT a wealth of options.
 south_city
Msg: 83
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/22/2017 11:35:58 AM
That's why I used the term potential options to describe the often large amount of people that are within a user's basic parameters ( age range, distance etc ) etc on a dating site. I agree that it doesn't become a true option until mutual interest has been established.

However a person doesn't need many true options for this to happen. Suppose Amy is talking to Bill. She gets emails from 10 more men including one from Chris. She likes Chris better than the rest. Thus she starts talking to Chris and ignores the other men including Bill.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 84
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/22/2017 2:59:51 PM
That is a strange take on B&S...

In my eyes, B&S is when a woman uses an "older" pic as a MAIN pic to get more folks to her profile, ESPECIALLY when her other pics show a significant difference in body size. Getting older is NOT A LEGIT EXCUSE for "significant" weight gain in my book.

"She Let Herself Go" is great in the George Strait kinda way but not so great in OLD.

(Simply masterful steel guitar work in that ^^^ song)

And she is NOT "a few extra pounds" when it appears her waist size exceeds her age.

I have no doubt many men using OLD are equally as delusional.

All this is why 8 ASSORTED pics are a big bonus for serious folks.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/22/2017 3:27:48 PM

She thinks " wow, I really liked Joe, I'd like to see him again. Oh, I have a new msg in my inbox....Hey ! He's TALLER than Joe - so much for Joe ! LMAO ! "

Hey, got that right. I wouldn't be born if it wasn't for that! So much for Joe! :)

WHY do people say that?!? No one needs to think they can get something BETTER.

That's what Joe said to my mom. She asked him to look in the bathroom mirror.... but he wasn't tall enough for that.

At 12 noon I may decide to get a burger. At 12:01 I may decide a burger is not going to hit the spot and I don't want it, so I don't get it. I'm not thinking about dinner or lunch tomorrow - I'm thinking RIGHT NOW this is NOT what I want, so I stop pursuing it.

Yeah, and they do. That's when Joe gets angry, because he's the burger, and you're the hot babe deciding to get something better. Then at 12:05, something even better comes along. After a while, they just hit a buffet so they can sample everything. Ahhhh, online dating. Variety is the spice of life. ;)

there are plenty of undesirables on dating sites.
I'm glad I'm not one of them.

You mean, you're glad you're not Joe (after a better looking guy after a better looking guy than Joe comes along). :)

so if a fellow thinks the grass is far greener on the other side of a fence, why isn't he there already?

Because he keeps getting caught for trespassing when he does. :)

That's why I used the term potential options to describe the often large amount of people that are within a user's basic parameters ( age range, distance etc ) etc on a dating site.

I would add "same league" as one of those basic parameters. It's a little abstract with some subjectivity into it -- but at least on a basic scale, it's pretty straightforward. Not that one Can't get someone out of their league -- just as one Can't get someone way out of their age range or distance. But doesn't any real potential unless it fits.

However a person doesn't need many true options for this to happen. Suppose Amy is talking to Bill. She gets emails from 10 more men including one from Chris. She likes Chris better than the rest. Thus she starts talking to Chris and ignores the other men including Bill.

Yeah, but, say Chris is just a little better than Bill. And Bob in the 10 emails -- yeah, he's cute. Hey, nothing's real until ya meat, right? ;) So she's more apt to juggle a few, because many times a guy will drop off (she's looking out for yourself, understandably). Well, lo and behold, she's going out to meat some guys -- and drops one. She meets one guy and another... hmmm, decisions decisions. "Who should I go out on a 2nd date with? OH, look, I got another message from Victor. He responded -- I thought he wasn't interested. Oh boy, I have to go out with him. He's the cutest and the coolest!"
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 86
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/22/2017 3:36:57 PM
^^^^

" "Who should I go out on a 2nd date with? OH, look, I got another message from Victor. He responded -- I thought he wasn't interested. Oh boy, I have to go out with him. He's the TALLEST and the coolest!"

I had to correct this for you Norway, I don't know why you would substitute cute for tall, as if you didn't know that height trumps cute by about a ZILLION.
 sandwater
Msg: 87
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/22/2017 3:55:47 PM

I'm sure this does happen. But if I was using internet dating, I would keep talking to both Bill and Chris. I may end up not having a date with Chris. If we do have a date, he might say he wants a second date and later ghosts me. Then it would be back to square one if I had stopped talking to Bill.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 88
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:47:59 PM
Goodness Chuck how short/tall are you really? This seems to be your theme
I'd vote shorter and cuter rather than a Lurch type
 tutnosedjack
Msg: 89
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/22/2017 11:25:00 PM

^^^ Welcome back, Wolfie. This username is kinda lame. "AlphaJackSparrow" was much better...too bad you couldn't make it stick, huh?

I see crazy ***hole W is back to stalking me, as soon as he/she/it returns...this mental patient, must have been let out of the asylum again???? How does he/she/it managed to type muck, while wearing a straight jacket????...Oh well....it won't take long for this maniac, to upset everyone again and get banned:))) Big question? will it change peoples posts again????Or behave like an adult with a brain???? BTW...I never reported that sorry excuse for a human being....Don't waste my time on...loony bins...can't even read it's disgusting posts anymore, they are that incoherence....I think it hears voices...Don't feed it...ignore it

Wow did you two miss me or what? You both just got to mention me even when I'm not here. Why in the f*ck would I hide from anyone here. Haven't I made it clear to everyone here that I don't give not a single f^ck what anyone thinks on here. Give me one reason why I should. What does anyone here know more or less than me and even if they did they couldn't sufficiently prove it without any doubt.

This is a place where random anonymous people post opinions. Yes some people have pictures and you can guess if it is really them or not but do you ever know for sure? I mean even if they give you their fb and the pictures there are posted 1 or 2 years ago they could have gone bald and gained enough weight to look like jabba the hut. Some of you people kill me with how serious you take this sh!t I mean really.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 1:21:46 AM

Goodness Chuck how short/tall are you really? This seems to be your theme

I'd guess a little shorter than said height if I were in Vegas, or he really likes tall women he couldn't quite get. But remember -- you're a tall gal who's real cute. A guy who is slightly below average height is going to be frustrated with gals who are at or above his height in her heels . I mean, after all -- if Jason in Friday the 13th was only 5'5" ... would gals really be that scared of him on the campground, or even be ga-ga to date him? ;) Of course not. The goalie mask can only go so far!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 2:49:21 AM
Bait and switch to my mind is encouraging someone, getting them interested and then going cold or dumping them. It is a sick psychological game played by manipulators who dont really want a relationship.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 2:52:24 AM
5'5" is short in anyone's language but a guy that is fit and muscular may attract a very petite girl. I know a guy 5'6" who would not look at any girl above 4'11 or 100lbs and he was being realistic. He got the tiny mail order Asian bride looking for a better life.
 spot4username
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 5:19:40 AM

if Jason in Friday the 13th was only 5'5" ... would gals really be that scared of him on the campground, or even be ga-ga to date him? ;) Of course not. The goalie mask can only go so far!

Are you just being willfully obtuse by continually referencing this guy? I really want to know. The Jason she types of is 6'4".
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 94
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 8:17:55 AM
I know a lot of single short men
 tutnosedjack
Msg: 95
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 8:38:58 AM

Bait and switch to my mind is encouraging someone, getting them interested and then going cold or dumping them. It is a sick psychological game played by manipulators who dont really want a relationship.

No. That is just a crappy date. Bait and switch is you think you are going with one girl by the picture in her profile and you show up and you don't recognize her and it could be because she used someone else's picture or she used her own old pictures. She baited you with what you thought you were getting and gave you something else. Like McDonalds.
 IBup4it
Msg: 96
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 9:27:05 AM
Actually spot both Jasons are 6'3 but so glad your up to date on things.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 9:47:55 AM

She baited you with what you thought you were getting and gave you something else. Like McDonalds.

Only the most pretentious azzhats would go back to a McDonald's food counter and insist on getting a sandwich that looks exactly like they do in the menu photo. People know darn well the standards for fast food are not extremely high. Make a big enough stink about it, and I'm pretty sure the customers themselves would toss you out for being disruptive.

It's not 'Bait and Switch' is you decide to look in a frog pond for some caviar. That's just being stupid.

POF loves to advertise that it has a huge ocean of possibilities world wide - and in a way, it does. But most are too chicken to swim into waters above their heads, so they stay in the shallows, trolling, trolling - expecting to land a whale with a little Snoopy fishing pole - and the only real bait they have - is that they refuse to reel in anything else.

A diamond in the rough looks like a dirty rock. If you want to have any real success in here, it starts by aiming low, and discovering true potential - not by aiming high, and being disappointed when you find out the wrapping paper is the shiniest part of the package. Same goes for your own ego. Knock your self-worth down a few notches. Desiring 'more' doesn't make you a better person - it's the people who actually DO more that get the credit. Sorry to those millenials who grew up getting trophies for participation - you earn it in here by DOing, not by WANTing.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:26:04 AM

5'5" is short in anyone's language but a guy that is fit and muscular may attract a very petite girl. I know a guy 5'6" who would not look at any girl above 4'11 or 100lbs and he was being realistic.

If he had a reasonably attractive face and was in reasonably good shape -- he was being more "chicken" than realistic, though. A guy who's 5'6" can wear heel-based nice shoes or boot-shoes -- which granted, don't measure up to gals' night-on-the-town heels, but it raises it an extra 1.5" (normal shoes I looked up go about 0.5"; so an extra inch).

It's not hard to find gals who are roughly the same height as guys, only a half inch shorter than he, walking around town or at the bar. Harder to find the seemingly preppy+pretty+posh types like that, but not hard at all to find those who are far from the polar opposite. So if he's 5'7.5" in some type of footwear, he could date a gal who's up to 5'3" who likes to wear heels -- without it being any "big" deal. Just a below-average height gal. Problem is, guys will get shot down enough as it is -- so expect to get shot down more, of course. Especially when approaching strangers. Of gals via social connections, it wouldn't be the hardest thing around. And if a guy's in great shape, broader shoulders and muscular, it'd be easier.

Are you just being willfully obtuse by continually referencing this guy? I really want to know. The Jason she types of is 6'4".

Yeah, exactly my point! Jason from Friday the 13th was no short guy! When it comes to picking up babes running around a campground in their panties -- whether you're garnering their interest or chasing them with a knife -- you can't do it at 5'4"... but 6'4" works! ;)

I only razz because anytime I hear just "Jason" said with great importance -- without knowing who they're referring to even by implication, thinking I should... my brain just thinks of Friday the 13th. But yes, I do now know it's her BF. But FT13 still sticks in my mind. :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 99
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:33:35 AM
Norway, are you just being wilfully obtuse by continually pretending to think that guys under 6 feet tall aren't considered ugly , horribly disfigured freaks by the majority of women ?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 100
Bait and Switch
Posted: 6/23/2017 11:13:56 AM
^^^^How obtuse could he be at 5'11"?

hahahahahaha!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Bait and Switch