Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > One-Liner Messages      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 126
view profile
History
One-Liner MessagesPage 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
He doesn't have to be Leo Tolstoy, but it would be nice to reference something he read in one's profile, maybe a shared interest. That would be a good thing to build upon.
 U21984
Msg: 127
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 7/16/2017 3:11:10 PM
Dear New PORKER,

The best message a dude can give you is not just one line, but one WORD...................... C'Ya!!

HAHAHAHAH

BTW, fellas, I have already told everyone in here about the best line to get.

Just her DIGITS plus a BIKINI pic. Should look at my thread about this in the Relationship Forum. It's gold.
 U21984
Msg: 128
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 7/16/2017 3:38:37 PM
Here it is fellas.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16614518.aspx

And yes. This happened to me. It was great!

YUM.
 Camile2099
Msg: 129
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 7/31/2017 7:10:11 PM
After reviewing all the comments on one-liners, it seems to boil down to individual preference. Some prefer getting to know a person mentally before meeting physically, others prefer getting physical appearance and chemistry attraction resolved before any mental communication.

The long term relationship would seem to need all three, mental, physical and chemical, with each being explored at a mutually agreeable pace, and in mutually agreeable order. The trend seems to be that men want the physical and chemistry attraction resolved before they have mental exchanges, and women prefer some on-line mental exchanges before they move on to the physical and chemistry stage. So there again, it depends on how well individual preferences can be meshed. Apparently they don't mesh frequently, judging from the number and longevity of POF members.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 130
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 7/31/2017 7:37:49 PM

The trend seems to be that men want the physical and chemistry attraction resolved before they have mental exchanges, and women prefer some on-line mental exchanges before they move on to the physical and chemistry stage.

The one thing I've noticed with the online experience is that there really is no consistency. Things change all the time, and sometimes it's best to roll with those changes to an extent, yet not completely give in to something you absolutely don't want to. It used to be common for many women to want to take their time getting to know someone online first, but now, you'll see mention of wanting to meet as soon as possible and not play "pen pals" for too long.

I think the concept of "catfishing" may have contributed to that over the years.
 Walts
Msg: 131
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/1/2017 4:57:09 AM

Who would want to be with him? I am really surprised at how many men I see online that are angry and really don't like women.

Actually, some of us just don't like people in general. Nothing to do with gender.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 132
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/1/2017 8:13:15 AM

Perhaps it would help matters if there weren't women with such a Goldilocks approach to this shit. "This message is too short, this message is too long, this message is too generic, this message sounds too eager, this message isn't eager enough......gosh, where is the message that is JUST RIGHT?!?!"

If the message is from a guy who seems to possess other qualities you find appealing, but somehow failed your 5,000 point inspection for a "quality first message", you just might deserve to be alone.

Wholeheartedly agree.
I'd add that women, as much as they scream and rant about being competent and in-control -- do swing wildly with judgements as their own mood suits the matching emotional reaction. Guys do it, too - just not to0 so much of an emotional extent. What I find, as a guy, so amazing - is how furious women get when you point out the obvious - like, "You're mad, so you're less agreeable." "I AM NOT!!!!!"

Guys aren't always crying foul because they can't get what they want. Some are just pointing out the obvious. The hypocrisy of how serious and solid people feel their decision making process may be - when 'mood' - what they FEEL - is really all that matters.

People that are horny find attraction in the slightest breeze. People that are happy will enjoy others' company, even if you don't actually DO anything. People that are skeptical WILL find a reason to be suspicious. It's no big mystery - other than the idea that people are really, really, REALLY lousy at identifying what their own mood really is at the present time - and adjust accordingly for the next circumstance.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 133
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/1/2017 8:18:48 AM
" I am really surprised at how many men I see online that are angry and really don't like women. Yet they are still seeking them out "

You've heard of this thing called SEX , right ?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 134
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/1/2017 11:44:43 AM
SD do you tell men " you're angry so less agreeable? Doubtful. And a few men here do lil else but cry about not getting what they think they want
What is this thing called sex?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 135
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/1/2017 12:16:05 PM
Walt, I hear ya, lots of people are disgruntled with the world.

Butterbuttchuck, I can understand that. A little different, there's angry sex, when you're in a relationship, ticked off at your s/o, but still want to tap that, lol. I think most have been there, done that:)
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 136
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/1/2017 12:48:12 PM
Sweet Danimal stated:
...people are really, really, REALLY lousy at identifying what their own mood really is at the present time -...

We are in the 'over 45' section aren't we? I think most of us, at this stage in our lives, are pretty good (in fact really, really REALLY GOOD) at identifying our own moods---we've 'lived' with ourselves long enough to have at least a little--- most likely A LOT--- of awareness of where our head is at, what sort of passing mood we may be in at any given time.

Not sure what you're on about here~ That women are helpless to be rational in the face of their moodiness or emotional cravings? Judgements 'swinging wildly'(??) depending on mood or emotion and that we're not aware when our judgements might be clouded by such and take a step back?
 gtomustang
Msg: 137
the miner for one-liners
Posted: 8/1/2017 4:16:43 PM
oh, we may be good at identifying our own moods...if we wanted to :) If we've found out for the last 4 decades that we can get away with not GAS what other people think, we may be subconsciously inclined to not ID our mood and act accordingly/responsibily/maturely. There are SOME hot messes out there who still run their lives on what feels good, rather than what makes sense (like responsible spending so they don't need free meals, etc)...and there are fools with peni who chase after them.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 138
the miner for one-liners
Posted: 8/1/2017 5:32:48 PM
I've mentioned before that lengthy and detailed profiles (in my area at least) for the most part, became somewhat of a thing of the past quite a while ago. Many are one sentence and one paragraph at the most. So, women really aren't expecting too much of an extravagant first message. The forums are where I've seen all of the pickiness.

That's not to say you absolutely never see the long profiles anymore, but they're just not the majority at all. Not even close. It's hilarious, too. They'll start with something along the lines of "read my profile first before you contact me!!!!", then you'll see there are eight f*cking rambling paragraphs. If you're oblivious to the fact that turning the space for a dating profile into an autobiography might be why people aren't reading your profile, you deserve what you get. Learning to be succinct can do wonders.
 Walts
Msg: 139
the miner for one-liners
Posted: 8/1/2017 6:08:17 PM

Walt, I hear ya, lots of people are disgruntled with the world.

The world I like.

It's the humans...........
 Camile2099
Msg: 140
the miner for one-liners
Posted: 8/6/2017 6:15:19 PM

It's hilarious, too. They'll start with something along the lines of "read my profile first before you contact me!!!!", then you'll see there are eight f*cking rambling paragraphs. If you're oblivious to the fact that turning the space for a dating profile into an autobiography might be why people aren't reading your profile, you deserve what you get. Learning to be succinct can do wonders.

What’s hilarious (and sad) are people who can’t relate to other people’s preferences in dating and relationships. If a person prefers her profile to be read before contacting her and you don’t want to read it, you are free to move on. While succinct may attract you, not all women want to attract you. They are looking to attract something else - a man who can read and comprehend their profile and be interested in what they have to say. Diversity on this site is here to stay and people will continue to have different preferences.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 141
the miner for one-liners
Posted: 8/7/2017 3:26:56 AM

What’s hilarious (and sad) are people who can’t relate to other people’s preferences in dating and relationships. If a person prefers her profile to be read before contacting her and you don’t want to read it, you are free to move on. While succinct may attract you, not all women want to attract you. They are looking to attract something else - a man who can read and comprehend their profile and be interested in what they have to say. Diversity on this site is here to stay and people will continue to have different preferences.

Fascinating.

I suppose one could also "prefer" to shit and piss on their living room floor, but perhaps they shouldn't be surprised when no one wants to visit.
 Fikirimi
Msg: 142
One-Line Messages
Posted: 8/12/2017 2:21:03 AM
When I first got on here, all of about two months ago, I didn't think I'd reply to a one-line message. Then I got one that was written in such a way that I knew he'd read my profile. He's turned out to be one of the most interesting guys that's contacted me yet, and we've been messaging quite a bit. So I'm going to remove the 50-word restriction on messages. The lame ones are easy to delete.

You just never know.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 143
One-Line Messages
Posted: 8/12/2017 9:03:57 AM
I would never be so shallow as to ignore a gals 0ne liner
 Special4USweet
Msg: 144
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/31/2017 12:50:57 PM
It seems it doesn't matter what men write one line or 6 lines because they don't believe anything we say they think all men are the same.If you do write more than "hey there" they will say to themselves too good to be true.Women are just too judgmental.Well most of them not all if them.At least when we write "hey there" they can't judge that.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 145
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/31/2017 1:32:26 PM
You mean those slender long haired women ( hair mentioned twice!) are too judgmental?
Or most of them
darn them
 sun___flower
Msg: 146
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/31/2017 2:42:08 PM

Women are just too judgmental.Well most of them not all if them.

ABOUT YOU: My preference is Long Hair or medium shoulder length and I'm looking for a gentle sweet and nice SOUTHERN Christian woman.MUST have a slender,average body style ONLY.
I love LONG blonde/brunette hair.Now I need to be honest here LONG hair turns me on! If you have long blonde hair with CURLS I'll be your HUCKLEBERRY.I prefer southern women with LONG HAIR.I don't date outside my race.I like all you long haired SOUTHERN country girls

NewYorker58
Msg: 147
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/31/2017 3:54:46 PM
Special4U, I see quite a few profiles from men where they write don't just say hey or hi because they won't respond. So this short message thing doesn't only apply to women. POF gives a person the option to not let people contact them if they write short messages, so it must mean something to someone. Personally, I wouldn't even bother responding to someone who just says hi. To me, it doesn't show enough interest. Of course if someone wrote me a lengthy message and I didn't care for their profile then it wouldn't make a difference, but a person has to at least try. If I wasn't interested and received a lengthly message, I would definitely reply even if it were to say I'm not interested. I don't message men, but if I did I certainly wouldn't just say hi and I would write something that would show I read their profile. You reap what you sow. No one is going to be offended by receiving a nice message but it could work the other way around so why not put in the effort, isn't that why everyone is here?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 148
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/31/2017 4:00:52 PM
^^^^

You don't msg men but ask why not put in the effort ?????
 Walts
Msg: 149
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/31/2017 4:46:32 PM

You don't msg men but ask why not put in the effort ?????

Supposedly, contradictions are not to be pointed out here in this pond.

At least, that's what one of the women here has told me during a short, brief exchange of emails.

Yes, I laughed.
 cooldog65
Msg: 150
view profile
History
One-Liner Messages
Posted: 8/31/2017 7:14:54 PM

I don't date outside my race.

Nothing wrong with you preferring long hair, but you're really missing out on the exotic ladies of other races.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > One-Liner Messages