Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bacheloretteNumberone
Msg: 376
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?Page 16 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
Twice the same conversation about breast size has come with someone I am getting to know. This man has told me twice about how big his former girlfriend's breasts were stating they were like melons and if she applied to work in Vegas she'd be accepted right away. I looked at him unimpressed stating I don't' feel any less attractive because I don't measure up. This man went on to say if a big breasted women who was all dolled up went to a party she'd get the attention of the rich CEO and that I wound't stand a chance (okay, that makes sense because I am average looking, but he wasn't referring to that.)

Girl, what a shallow pond of a man. I only read this 1st paragraph. Hopefully you steered the conversation to IQ's and compared his to an iguana. Please tell me you didn't want to get to know anymore of this person.
 a88ie100
Msg: 377
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?
Posted: 9/27/2017 3:25:12 AM
So in future mention some big**** youve had, and see the colour drain from their face LOL
 gtomustang
Msg: 378
Posted: 9/27/2017 7:11:28 AM
yeah that ^^ would have been a great comeback, b/c it would have put him into the same situation he tried to put the OP into.

"Girl, what a shallow pond of a man. I only read this 1st paragraph. Hopefully you steered the conversation to IQ's and compared his to an iguana. Please tell me you didn't want to get to know anymore of this person."

>>>I think that last line was the general consensus, what did the OP gain from such abuse. maybe there is a time a fellow might marvel at an "asset", thinking of all the special privileges in life he suspects the owner of those assets gets from having those assets. But lording it over some woman on a date, that just seems like he has another purpose in mind.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Big dicks
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:29:24 PM
a88ie, that would be a great reply. Men don't want to hear about big d^cks. They don't want to see them either, they get.......upset, low self esteem, by seeking them in regular movies. That's why we tend to just see women naked. Who wants to be compared to someone else? I have had men ask me how their "stuff" compared to other men. It's a question I take the 5th on.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 380
Small twats
Posted: 9/27/2017 2:50:03 PM

a88ie, that would be a great reply. Men don't want to hear about big d^cks. They don't want to see them either, they get.......upset, low self esteem, by seeking them in regular movies.

On the other side of the spectrum, many women aren't the "size queens" they pretend to be. They will feign the role in an effort to make a guy feel inferior.

Interesting subject change there, New Yorker. Had something on your mind, did you?
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 9:29:35 PM
[[ I don't know if it applies to all Latinos, but they tend to like their women thick. I've seen hefty white women target black men, because they feel they're too overweight for white men. ]]

I am a chubby gal, but am attracted to white guys. There have been a number of Black guys attracted to me, and while they were good looking, the attraction just is not there.
 gtomustang
Msg: 382
Posted: 9/28/2017 7:44:50 AM
boy, I had to take a closer look at that photo, I thought NY58 had joined forces :) I still postulate it may end up being the hottest "angry sex", lol. But ok, on a serious note, yes, SOMETIMES a focus on size is a red flag, a focus on quantity rather than on quality. A fellow may not have a large wand, but he might still be quite the magician in bed (and I don't mean he's perfected the disappearing act :) ). As long as its been for me, even I remember that after a while, a naked breast is just skin over a mound of fat, the titillation (pun intended) is that its a private area few get to see.
 ohenryx
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2017 8:43:45 AM

NewYorker58
They don't want to see them either, they get.......upset, low self esteem, by seeking them in regular movies. That's why we tend to just see women naked.

Sorry, not actually the case. It has to do with censors, and how they rate things.

gtomustang
boy, I had to take a closer look at that photo, I thought NY58 had joined forces :) I still postulate it may end up being the hottest "angry sex", lol.

Sometimes, I really miss out on things because I can’t see the pictures. My work blocks the dating side (Social Media Block), but not the forums, so I can read and post but I can’t see the pictures. What am I missing here?

As long as its been for me, even I remember that after a while, a naked breast is just skin over a mound of fat, the titillation (pun intended) is that its a private area few get to see.

For me, it’s the differentiation, the breasts standing out over the flat stomach. That will arouse me more than seeing the breasts exposed. And that requires the flat stomach more so than large breasts.

But as I have said more than once, the number one thing is a pretty smile. And I don’t mean just a pretty face, I mean a pretty, smiling face.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 384
Posted: 9/28/2017 10:59:09 AM

but not the forums, so I can read and post but I can’t see the pictures. What am I missing here?

I'm not sure what he is referring to. All I see is her donning her "only my dog understands me" (which I have no doubt of, as I said before) shirt.
 cooldog65
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2017 11:16:14 AM
^^^ And I'm seeing that she is now recently based (according to her profile) in Brooklyn, Noo Yawk instead of Federal Way, WA. Strange...
 gtomustang
Msg: 386
Posted: 9/28/2017 7:10:06 PM
1) Pig has added a long haired brunette to his photos, NY is a long haired brunette according to her photos. The dog shirt is ironic to me b/c its backwards--I couldn't even understand it until someone translated. Maybe her Dee-Oh-Gee thinks its Gee Oh Dee? :)

2) Maybe Federal Way is a prison and she got transferred? :)

3) "For me, it’s the differentiation, the breasts standing out over the flat stomach"

>>alas, with my peers, Henry, the breasts are on the stomach and it isn't flat :)

(oh boy am I gonna catch a rashashit for that one! lol, oh wait, Ouija's not here anymore, i'm in the clear)

ok, ok, on a serious note...a beautiful, honest smile that reaches the eyes and isn't the result of happy pills is attractive. At the risk of pegging the creep-o-meter, maybe that's why some people think a young lady's smile is attractive, b/c she isn't busy paying for a house and a family and busting her ass at work for it all. She's not under the stress of an adult, tho i'm sure she finds things to get upset over. An honest smile suggests a person has a positive outlook, right? Actually, now that you mention it...I assume women love a smile on a man, but does any of the ladies here care to elaborate what they like about a man's smile?

I've heard some ladies say they like a man who has a little devil in him, or a little boy's view of the world. A little bit of mischief. Playfulness. So, ladies, what's a creepy smile in your mind, and what's a good smile?
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 387
Posted: 9/28/2017 7:21:51 PM
You thought that was New Yorker?!?! No, no, no, no.

That's one of my favorite singers in an Italian metal band. I met her after the show Sunday night. Took me only 17 years to finally meet her.
 Coma_White
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2017 8:32:40 PM

Twice the same conversation about breast size has come with someone I am getting to know. This man has told me twice about how big his former girlfriend's breasts were stating they were like melons and if she applied to work in Vegas she'd be accepted right away. I looked at him unimpressed stating I don't' feel any less attractive because I don't measure up. This man went on to say if a big breasted women who was all dolled up went to a party she'd get the attention of the rich CEO and that I wound't stand a chance (okay, that makes sense because I am average looking, but he wasn't referring to that.)

Guys don't care one way or the other if a girl is flat chested or large chested if she is attractive and has a nice body.
 IBup4it
Msg: 389
Posted: 10/1/2017 9:56:47 PM
You just got to love the acceptance of the "jerk" like behaviour. Where have I seen it before?

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16648674.aspx

Same geographical area? Hint Hint
 NewYorker58
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2017 10:54:18 PM
Mustang, nope, not in FL with The Pig, lol🐷🐷🐷🐷 However, I did want to bring up his new Italian female rocker friend. I bet he'd jump thru a hoop or two for her, but won't admit it☺ Dare I say, Italian women are special! Pig, I hope you asked her to say something in Italian to you. It is a beautiful romance language.

Mustang, Men tend to be more stoic, maybe not as ready with a smile like women are, though their profiles all say love to laugh and make you laugh like they're Shecky Greene, lol. Personally, I'm not interested in bad boys. They can look bad, but I don't want to deal with bad. Bad can be a certain swagger, maybe tattoos, though I'm not looking for guys to have tats necessarily. Playfulness, young at heart, I'm in for that. I think what would make a smile creepy is if was accompanied with leering.

Federal Way is named after a hwy that was called Federal Hwy. The fed prison is in the town of Seatac. Why did I have to be a prisoner, I could have been in the wpp (witness protection progam)☺ I bet the feds placed a few of them here; it's a great place to hide out. Someone once told me they thought they saw Sammy the Bull G ravano here. He was involved with Gotti and was in the program for a while.

Cool dog, my mom may need me to move back temporarily or for a short time, so I changed my location to see what's happening there. I did think of you the other day. I had my dog at the vet and saw the most DDG black chick there. She was very dark skinned, with unusual beautiful facial features. I asked her what she was and she said black, Indian and English.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 391
Posted: 10/1/2017 11:20:40 PM

Mustang, nope, not in FL with The Pig, lol🐷🐷🐷🐷 However, I did want to bring up his new Italian female rocker friend. I bet he'd jump thru a hoop or two for her, but won't admit it☺ Dare I say, Italian women are special! Pig, I hope you asked her to say something in Italian to you. It is a beautiful romance language.

She's not my friend. She's in a signed band that's been touring the world for ages, and no, hoop jumping isn't in my blood. I didn't ask her to say anything in Italian, but her accent was very thick.

I am also no stranger to Italian women. Three of my exes were Italian, and they just happen to probably top my "biggest pains in the ass of them all" list.
 cooldog65
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2017 11:22:26 PM

Cool dog, my mom may need me to move back temporarily or for a short time, so I changed my location to see what's happening there. I did think of you the other day. I had my dog at the vet and saw the most DDG black chick there. She was very dark skinned, with unusual beautiful facial features. I asked her what she was and she said black, Indian and English.

That answers my curiosity about your current change in location.

I had to look up what DDG was...Drop Dead Gorgeous, not Dirty Dirty Girl.

She sounded incredible. If she had an accent...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2017 1:27:07 AM
I'd like to play into your fantasy and say she had an accent, but she was American born, but not in Washington State☺ It is possible she could be a dirty girl👯 Maybe I should have asked her if she worked a pole💈 She was so pretty, I think she could have gotten you to give up clothes removal artists👄
 Nocturne130
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2017 11:48:34 PM
I didn't read all the answers, but read enough to boggle my mind . . . I don't know you but breast preference is incredibly subjective. Small breasts can be absolutely beautiful. My ex*, for instance, had enormous breasts. I actually married her despite their ridiculous size. (She once had 11 pounds removed to be more attractive to the guys she was cheating on me with.) Smaller breasts look damn fine to me (yeah, I am somewhat biased by my experiences). And if some chick grabbed my crotch to check how well I was endowed it would be one of the few times in my life I have ever cussed a woman out. Everybody is built differently, and we all have different tastes. If this happened to me, I would hope I would respond this way - "I am who I am and I don't intend to have surgery because I don't want to. If that is a deal-breaker for you move on now, if not this is the last time we discuss this." BTW, that "just kidding" BS does not fly - you know what he meant so call him on it. And also I *do* love when girls do grab my crotch or my a**, just as long as they are smiling and not being judgy about it . . .

* she had them before her weight more than doubled in size within months of our wedding, then they were larger. Hope all the guys and the 6th grader she apparently slept with loved them. One guy is still missing after he tried to motorboat her a decade back - all they found was a sweat soaked sock which fell out one day when she bent over to try and find her cooter. The woman had more gravitational mass than Pluto, and it was somehow filled with Jupiter's volume of evil bile . . . bitter? No, not at all . . . LOL OK, the point here really is do not feel bad about your body - unless you are an evil, cheating witch. Actually more of a succubus probably . . .
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 395
Posted: 12/6/2017 6:48:31 AM
Don't be feeling too bad for her just yet. She recently took a jab at a guy in the idiot tank known as the Profile Review section over his height.
 gtomustang
Msg: 396
Posted: 12/6/2017 7:28:09 PM
oh, so now size matters?

every now and then, I feel like submitting my profile to PR. I mean, I laugh at other people in the other issues forum, so its only fair, right?

The responses might even make me laugh.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2017 8:25:52 PM
Mustang, what does this mean, "......who will take you to amazing places"?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 1 million of the last 2 million posts on a thread. You can not post to this thread, but what the heck, go ahead
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2017 8:45:27 PM
and is this guy all that? That he is making those comments to you when he knows you feel uncomfortable is not a good sign.... you could retaliate and point out something that he lacks but that would be taking the low road. You need to ask him why he is seeing you if you are so lacking in assets? Relationships are supposed to make us feel good and appreciated, accepted for who we are...
 ohenryx
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2017 10:42:36 AM

gtomustang
every now and then, I feel like submitting my profile to PR. I mean, I laugh at other people in the other issues forum, so its only fair, right?

The responses might even make me laugh.

Back when I first came on POF (in 2010), and was having no luck at all in getting replies, I tried posting in Profile Review. The results were ... strange? maybe "surreal" would be a better word. I have paid no attention to that sub-forum since then.
 gtomustang
Msg: 400
Posted: 12/7/2017 10:44:05 AM
NY, in my experience, there are people who's idea of hanging out is, "let's go someplace and get loaded". and there are couch surfers. and there are people who only like doing one thing ( when they aren't watching golf, they're talking about it, for example).and there are the people who are looking for the social director, so they don't have to be one.

I remembered one Aphrodite woman I had met in college, she wasn't just hawt, she looked like she brought the party with her. She went fun places, b/c she wouldn't be bored. Or maybe she got brought to some, by a dude hoping to get lucky. She tried a variety of things, just to try them. If they were a dud, then she found a way to laugh about it. Even in a boring Eng Lit college class, she could find a way to make it fun.

Even if she wasn't good looking, guys would want to date her on the notion she was going to make their boring routines, more fun. she was going to put into their lives, what was missing. there are women like that, or I guess its better to say, there are women who men view as being that person. and to be blunt, she's a "ticket" into some places that might just be too cool for us...no one questions what we're doing there, if SHE is willing to be with us. sounds a bit like we're putting her on a pedestal, eh? ah, the issues of youth, when we don't know any better.

anyway, putting phrases into a profile is a double edged sword. someone may misconstrue what you mean, if you don't explain it. but those who "get the reference", feel like clicking.

Henry, I tried PR ages ago, I remember a guy who's pic looked like a prom photo, didn't like that I wasn't wearing a suit and tie in my photo. naively, I argued with him :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?