Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 451
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?Page 19 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)

Yeah....but.....seriously....don't you think ripping off your pants....aka Chippendale style....was just a little bit too much of an eyeful???

That's on a tame night.

The twerking would have been enough, imo.

You, of all people, mentioning twerking....ha. I'm still waiting on that video.
 Kj521
Msg: 452
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?
Posted: 12/13/2017 6:23:37 PM
^^^Somethings....need to be seen in person to get the true appreciation! Haha Haha! :(
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 453
Posted: 12/13/2017 6:27:05 PM

^^^Somethings....need to be seen in person to get the true appreciation! Haha Haha! :(

Now you're talking. Why the frown??

Kj521
Msg: 454
Posted: 12/13/2017 6:30:18 PM
New Year's Eve? You wanna find out? :)

ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 455
Posted: 12/13/2017 6:33:36 PM

New Year's Eve? You wanna find out? :)

Bring it.
 Kj521
Msg: 456
Posted: 12/13/2017 6:37:14 PM
Okay. Where are we bringing it? Lol!

And pul-leeze! I need real dance music this time! :D

ohenryx
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2017 6:51:12 PM
I never said that I liked line dances, and I never mentioned the Cupid Shuffle. Actually, I never do line dances. When I dance, I dance with a woman, a particular woman, not some random group. But when I’m working, I do take requests and I do try to please the people.

Well, I take some requests. I get a lot of requests for music that is just flat not danceable, and I politely decline those requests. “Sorry, don’t have that one.” If I get a request that I think some of the people will dance to, I’m all in. And let’s face it, line dances are popular, so I go with the flow. I just sit back and watch myself.

One of the Meetup events I sometimes attend is a singles dance at a big church over on the west side (read: high rent district). Yeah, I know, me in a church, and the roof didn’t fall in, and I wasn’t struck by lightning! But.. They have a DJ for their events, I’m not too crazy about his music selections (a little too much C&W for me), but he does something called a “waterfall”. If you’re not familiar with it, it works like this:

The women line up down one side of the room, and the men down the other side. The two lines come together at the head of the room, you take whatever woman is at the head of her line when you get there, and you dance down the room. At the other end, you separate, and join the end of the line to move back up the room and start over again. As there will always be an uneven number of men and women, every time you get to the head of the line, you will dance with someone different. The DJ keeps the music going for 10 to 15 minutes straight, and you wind up dancing with a lot of different women.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 458
Posted: 12/13/2017 7:07:03 PM
Ahem ............Don't misunderstand me. I'm a classic rock girl, with a little hard rock on the side, but ..................I can't remember the last time the Country music industry called the type of music Blake Shelton sings, or any other Country singer for that matter...............Country Western?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2017 8:54:45 PM
Pig, I'm trying to think if I ever felt anything about walking around with my very good-looking ex-h. I think I have to say no. Maybe it's a guy thing.

Kj, Pig, if there are videos of anything, I'd love to see them and promise not to share. In box me☺

Mustang, all you gotta do is dance in the middle of a crowded floor where no one will see you☺ Move with the beat, and you're good to go. Being in the middle is fun anyway☺ Dancing along the perimeter is good when you want to catch someone's attention. I keep forgetting to tell you I'd LOVE to hear the story about how things went down at your previous bank with those ladies. It sounds like a good story😈
 gtomustang
Msg: 460
Posted: 12/13/2017 11:09:43 PM
"maybe its a guy thing"

>>>Generally speaking...for men, arm candy is status. other men look at the woman and judge her "value" by her looks. For women, the status of their partner, is the status. Is he the school quarterback? The BMOC? Does he have the corner office? But get the ladies drunk, however...and then the comparison is basic--are they going home with the hot guy in the bar or not?

ah, the bank teller stories--not as good a story as I would wish:). A long time ago, I choose a bank that is on my way home from work. There's a teller, she's polite, we talk a lot, seem to hit it off. She asks about some of the events I was going to at that time. Now, in hindsight...she was asking just to keep conversation going, to keep the day from getting boring (the bank I am at now, there's a teller who keeps spotting for me, events I might be interested in. She's married, but she's showing more interest than the teller i'm talking about now). So, since she seems interested, I suggest maybe we go together some time. I mean, she doesn't just have a body you want to get in bed, and a face so pretty you don't mind if you never get to see her naked so long as you get to make out all night, she's got a fun, engaging personality. Even women want her to be around. She would raise your energy levels on a fully-clothed date, much less be fun in bed. she's probably got the passion to be a great kisser.

well, the instant look on her face gave it away. She's attractive enough to get hit on often, and recognizes what I mean. She even instinctively pulls back from the desk. From that point on, whenever I came in, if she was the next available teller...she'd do everything she could to pawn me off on someone else. Ask them outright to take care of me so she didn't have to. wouldn't say why, but...heck, I could guess. From the look on some of those tellers' faces...they could guess, too. or likely there was conversation going on. who knows, but I had my fill of it and transferred to another bank. Considering the age of both of us, i'll just blame her overreaction on immaturity. If I got the same reaction from all the other ladies I asked out, I would know it was me. this was purely, "OMG, someone like you is asking me out? Yuck!"

fast forward to...a couple of years ago. Tall, slender, blonde, beautiful face, gregarious. whatever subject you may bring up, she understands it. as if she does/experiences many things in life. a Renaissance woman, if you will. By this time, I've long stopped asking women out. When you get rejected 90% of the time, you have to be borderline retarded not to know why--or narcissistic, except narcs have an advantage, what appears to be confidence can impress some women. Of course, if I was getting bad reactions, then i'd have a different conclusion. But this woman, she was DDG as Henry would say.

she's literally the woman you ask out, just to get the "no" out of the way so you can move on and enjoy her company platonically. You can't resist asking her out, b/c if you ever find out you had a chance, you'll shoot yourself for not trying. Sort of like when you see your favorite car, you know its expensive, but you still ask...just in the rare case its not. You're too captivated, and you can't help but find out if its somehow obtainable. Fear of rejection doesn't even enter into the picture, you just have to know.

so, after some time of bantering back and forth, talking about events (triggered by the inevitable question, "so how's life?", we're talking back and forth about events that go on near us, I find out she travels a distance to this bank branch she's just transferred to, and so I ask her what is there to do in her town. Partly b/c, I just don't go there, and I wonder what I miss. and yes, partly b/c if its interesting, I would love to go there and bump into her. For whatever reason, she has "being asked out" on her mind, apparently, b/c instead of answering my question directly, she asks instead:

"why, are you asking me out? Because my bf just bought me a house"

now, maybe she just felt so glad he bought her a house, that she had to say more than, "I have a bf". Frankly, she was the type of woman a man would buy a house for. She could hold out for that quality of man, the type with that amount of spare change. But, still, it did catch me flat footed. My knee-jerk response felt like it should be, "uh, I wasn't asking what the price of admission was", but I realized that would sound like I was accusing her of being a certain type of woman. when I really was trying to say, she was a certain QUALITY of woman. She easily could have picked up a JFK Jr or Saudi prince.

For the most part, however, I try to remember the rule, "don't play where you conduct business". I'm just a laid-back, low drama type of guy. Someone has to be a 10 for me to throw it right out the window. Asking out someone at my favorite sandwich shop, for example, would be a lot easier--if they don't handle it well, I just go someplace else.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2017 1:05:21 AM
I did find that amusing, as I knew I would ☺ I've got to say how unprofessional these women were. That was a simple little thing that they should have easily been able to handle. A simple "I'm spoken for", was all that was required. "uh, I wasn't asking what the price of admission was", would have been snarky, but also really funny, LOL!!! I love that! Their job is working with a public, you would think they would be better prepared for it.

Many businesses require their employees to be super friendly. Two banks I use, the employees (women) are over the top friendly. I walk in the door and there are a symphony of hellos. I'm on the shy side, so I'm always taken aback. They're more subdued at a credit union I use. My grocery store employees are very attentive and friendly. Still, while I wouldn't take friendliness to mean interest, it also doesn't mean you can't ask them out. I think if I was a guy, I would ask someone at the bank out. I don't think it's a big deal. If you didn't want to try at this bank, I could understand that too.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 462
Posted: 12/14/2017 3:50:34 AM

((NewYorker58) Those that need to show off their good-looking dates have low self-esteem.

Rubbish. Being proud to be seen with a "catch" is a normal human behaviour. That your ex was a narsacist has no bearing on normal, healthy human behaviour.

(Wilbur) Nonsense. I wouldn't say I "need" it per se, but I certainly do feel a sense of pride in being seen with the women I'm involved when I take them out in public. I also get satisfaction from coming back from the bathroom and seeing a guy is there trying to pick her up. I give them a quick "nice try" smile, and we go about our business.

Any straight man who says he doesn't enjoy being seen with a good looking woman is a liar. (and I'm sure a contrarian here on this very forum will step forward to *try* to deny it)

That's a foolish assertion on your part; but then, we've come to expect that sort of persnickety childish goading from you.

No one rational is going to try to deny an obvious truth. Certain people may try to spin stories about fictional characters using contrived, tortured dialogue, but no one can or will deny the obvious and maintain any degree of credibility.

You're on the correct side of an issue. Enjoy that heady feeling, and don't sully it with your childishness.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 463
Posted: 12/14/2017 5:45:52 AM

Pig, I'm trying to think if I ever felt anything about walking around with my very good-looking ex-h. I think I have to say no. Maybe it's a guy thing.

Horseshit. It's not just a guy thing.

So, what you're saying is - you need for a husband to be attractive *for* you, but you feel no sense of pride in being seen with him? If that's the case, let me ask you this - did you ever care one way or another about *what* he wore to certain events? Would a tank top, camouflage shorts, and flips flops have been okay with you for going out to dinner?

all you gotta do is dance in the middle of a crowded floor where no one will see you

Holy shit. You're actually making sense for once. Yes, that is the place to start if you're doing it for the first time. If you start along the perimeter, you *will* inevitably look out of the corner of your eye repeatedly to see who's watching you, which only makes you look nervous and self-conscious.

Kj, Pig, if there are videos of anything

You'll have to wait for the leak.

No one rational is going to try to deny an obvious truth.

Yes, because this place is absolutely notorious for being inundated with rational people, right?? You have undeniably confirmed you will say absolutely anything, no matter how stupid, just to be seen.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 464
Posted: 12/14/2017 7:29:18 AM
On a more positive note, I got an erection for the first time in a year

Thanks KJ
 ohenryx
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2017 8:22:41 AM

gtomustang
"why, are you asking me out? Because my bf just bought me a house"

My knee-jerk response felt like it should be, "uh, I wasn't asking what the price of admission was"

I’ve never encountered the “just bought me a house”, but back many, many years ago, a friend and I were out drinking and dancing in a hot night spot. My friend was working on a very hot number, he had danced with her a couple of times, then brought her back to our table and bought her a drink. At some point she drops a bombshell,

“My boyfriend is taking me to Paris next month.”

My immediate thought was, “If you have boyfriend, and he’s that serious, what the Hell are you doing down here doing this?”

My friend, who was noted for his quick wit, came up with a much better response.

“I don’t blame you. I’d put out for a trip to Paris too.”

And yes, she did go home with him that night. I had to take a taxi home, but such are the fortunes of war.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 466
Posted: 12/14/2017 8:42:29 AM

HS, I look good, I'm in great shape

That’s a matter of personal opinion. Yours doesn’t count.

I received a nice message last week from a POF guy that said he saw me at a grocery store (he named the store and said the date), said I was more attractive in person and asked me out. Not that I needed confirmation from him. You shouldn't need to be validated by a guy. I hope you can raise your self esteem to feel the same way.

NewYorker58, you’ve got it backwards. It’s your self-esteem that needs to be raised, not mine. Unlike you, I don’t feel a need to brag about the way I look, or brag when men approach me. I don’t require that men pay for dates to make me feel worthwhile as a woman.

I have no issue with going Dutch, or picking up the tab. I don’t care if a man uses coupons. I don’t start threads complaining that men are cheap. I don’t invite men for home-cooked meals at my house, then complain when they want sex. You're constantly in here complaining that men treat you poorly. Again, I think the problem lies with you, and not the men.
 gtomustang
Msg: 467
Posted: 12/14/2017 8:58:49 AM
"you need for a husband to be attractive *for* you, but you feel no sense of pride in being seen with him?"

>>>somehow, that reminds me of some woman who I can't remember, joking the best way to tell if a guy is taken or not is to look at his choice of clothing--would a woman let him out of the house looking like that?

:)

"and yes, she did go home with him that night"

>>>Good for him. either she took it as teasing, or she found a kindred soul. I remember a female customer at an old job who was interested, but being a small town, the local gossip warned me to use a concrete pipe for a condom..."if you know what I mean". Anyway, later on I'm at the lake with a female friend, she's there with...some guy. she comes over to talk to me, and she's got that "knowing smile" going on, like we're both "Steppin' out" on the partners we brought there in front of them.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2017 12:36:02 PM

NG, a cheap guy with no interests only wants to have sex.

What does Cheap have anything to do with it? LOL. You got it all wrong, sister. If you said, "Yeah, I'll just cut to the chase and just fool around with ya. How about you pay me $60, and I'll happily do it? The price of what would be a date?" He wouldn't say no (although possibly skeptical of an outright offer like that - lol).

You wanting to call him cheap -- is a self-esteem defense. When a guy just wants to fool around with ya when he doesn't know ya yet -- he has some sexual interest, but he's not-that-interested in you. Pretty plain & simple.

We went out to the movies and out to eat several times. Those that need to show off their good-looking dates have low self-esteem.

That need to? Yes, I agree. Just the same as those who have it in their mind that one's cheap if they want to just fool around at their place and not take them out (lol).

It'd be great, in many people's eyes, to go Out in public with a Hot person (especially if an Ex is possibly going to be there). But I think it's more that you Want to Experience things out with someone who Is Worthy, Attractively -- to garner her interest, which is a part of that. They don't have to be someone you're "proud" to -- but the main point is, they're someone you don't want to be seen Out with where "I can do better".
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 469
Posted: 12/14/2017 4:16:54 PM

(AT) No one rational is going to try to deny an obvious truth.

(Wilbur) Yes, because this place is absolutely notorious for being inundated with rational people, right??

Never said that it was. I stated that no *RATIONAL* person would argue as you had said; the implication being, that anyone who did argue against your position would be not rational.

I see that reading for content is not your strong suit. You might want to consider suing the school that "educated" you; clearly, they did a terrible job.

(halcyon_skies) NewYorker58, you’ve got it backwards. It’s your self-esteem that needs to be raised, not mine. Unlike you, I don’t feel a need to brag about the way I look, or brag when men approach me.

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!*

HS, you may not brag about the same particulars that NewYorker58 does, but you *DO* brag, and shamelessly. You become an instant expert on *EVERYTHING*: airline seats, gambling, financial terminology... the only reason the list isn't longer, is that you haven't found a way to shoe-horn *MORE* about your high-flying, jet-setting lifestyle, where you travel non-stop, yet still have time to be a real-estate broker.

:rolleyes
 Kj521
Msg: 470
Posted: 12/14/2017 4:50:06 PM
"Kj, Pig, if there are videos of anything"

"You'll have to wait for the leak."

Oooh! I know how to push the record button on my iPhone, Mr. Pig! This is gonna be fun!

Wait....

Mr. Pig doesn't drink.....and I do. Yeah....no videos. :/

"On a more positive note...."

Mr. Dirtee....well....that was just....dirty! lol

Haven't been following much up here in the dating forums....but I think I know who you used to be. And I must say....I miss that fun person. Wishing you love and happiness. :)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 471
Posted: 12/14/2017 5:29:04 PM

HS, you may not brag about the same particulars that NewYorker58 does, but you *DO* brag, and shamelessly. You become an instant expert on *EVERYTHING*: airline seats, gambling, financial terminology... the only reason the list isn't longer, is that you haven't found a way to shoe-horn *MORE* about your high-flying, jet-setting lifestyle, where you travel non-stop, yet still have time to be a real-estate broker.

AT, you're exaggerating, as usual. I know more about gambling than the average bear simply because of my proximity to Las Vegas casinos. I also happen to be acquainted with people who are expert video poker and blackjack players. One of my friends actually wrote a few books on video poker. I don't see how that's considered to be bragging.

Also, I never implied that I lived a jet-setting lifestyle. I worked as a flight attendant, but that was a number of years ago. I do go on a nice two-week vacation once a year, but that hardly makes me a jet-setter. A jet-setter is someone in high society, usually super wealthy, who travels around the world for leisure on a regular basis--often on private jets. That's not me.
 Kj521
Msg: 472
Posted: 12/14/2017 5:40:43 PM
"A jet-setter is someone in high society, usually super wealthy, who travels around the world for leisure on a regular basis--often on private jets. That's not me."

Me, either. But....it could be. :D

Listen...listen....listen....ladies! Lots of beautiful women with lots to brag about in these forums...own it and brag on! :)

Okay....lots of guys to be proud of here, too. ;)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 473
Posted: 12/14/2017 6:39:24 PM

Never said that it was. I stated that no *RATIONAL* person would argue as you had said; the implication being, that anyone who did argue against your position would be not rational.

You are a world class idiot. Yes, I said the contrarian would be a liar, and I don't believe it would be a stretch to associate irrationality with such a person. Your input wasn't necessary. Your "issue" was with my making the remark to begin with, despite it being made in a most fitting place. It was justified, so go f*ck yourself.

Furthermore, who are *you* to be calling anyone out for being braggadocious or "childish"? You flip back and forth between your gimmicks like someone with a multi-personality disorder. So, you're playing sanctimonious paragon of virtue now? Hilarious.

Oooh! I know how to push the record button on my iPhone, Mr. Pig! This is gonna be fun!

Wait....

Mr. Pig doesn't drink.....and I do. Yeah....no videos.

We're talking about the one that already exists, Twerky McTwerkerson.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2017 8:49:21 PM
Arlo, pride? I don't think so. I didn't raise him, I have no reason to feel pride. I feel pride in my dog. It's because her health and good looks are partly what I created thru my caring for her.

Pig, that outfit you described, it's required wear here, but I get your point. I don't care what someone wears so much, unless there's a dress code of sorts. Or, I may care, but I don't tell someone what to wear. Everyone I've been with has taken pride in themselves, never looked like a mess, so everyone looked good anyway.

Dirty John, your story was on Dr. Oz today. Your wife was on with her daughter that killed you.

HS, you're an exaggerator and a liar. I feel sorry for the old guy. He got the bad end of this deal.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 475
Posted: 12/14/2017 9:16:22 PM

HS, you're an exaggerator and a liar. I feel sorry for the old guy. He got the bad end of this deal

I told my guy what you said about him looking old. He took one look at your pics and concluded that you're frumpy-looking, big-hipped, have a resting b!tch face, and coarse, frizzy hair that resembles pubic hair. He also said to tell you that you're in no position to be judging other people's looks. I agree with his assessment.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?