Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 saintclara
Msg: 501
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?Page 21 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
^^^Im bored would you like a flame war?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 502
view profile
History
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?
Posted: 12/16/2017 8:16:26 PM
Walt, I'm not sure what you mean

In order to maintain the highest quality arguing you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 9Pluto
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2017 9:12:48 PM

So someone on disability is the same as being retired?
You expect men to pay because you can’t
Utter nonsense

WTH Frothy, are you making crap up? If it is just general, though you're probably right. The sad thing about those who free-load off their partners, is that those relationships almost always end by one of them cheating. More often it is the one getting the free ride, since living a lifestyle of dependence deep down challenges dignity,blurs days and they begin to spin by. The dream of such a person is to have a new partner in shining armor swoop in and save them, so if a horny suitor plays along they are so receptive. Same applies to those on the dole. Challenge their fantasy, though, and the suitor's booted
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 504
Posted: 12/17/2017 3:10:57 AM

(Saintclara) ^^^Im bored would you like a flame war?

It *WOULD* liven up the dry-as-toast air about this place...

But, I'm not sure if these people could handle Full-Bore Arlo...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 9:53:34 AM
I see a lot of guys stating they don't want a sugar mama, so there must be a lot of that going on for them to mention it. Maybe it's because a lot of these men are jobless. For profession, a lot say carpenter or contractor, which can mean they're not working. You're not working for a company, so their job is more like a side job if they're even working. That's what I've gathered from asking some of them. Some men state they're on disability.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 506
Posted: 12/17/2017 10:16:26 AM

(Newyorker58) I see a lot of guys stating they don't want a sugar mama, so there must be a lot of that going on for them to mention it. Maybe it's because a lot of these men are jobless. For profession, a lot say carpenter or contractor, which can mean they're not working. You're not working for a company, so their job is more like a side job if they're even working. That's what I've gathered from asking some of them. Some men state they're on disability.

There's another possibility: some men might be deliberately low-balling their profession, as a sort of filter to weed out some women who might be looking for a man in a certain type of profession, as classes of profession tend to correlate with income.

For instance, rather than listing my profession as "world-class astrophysicist", I might list it as "artificial pig inseminator", to weed out those pesky astrophysics groupies, who will spend my Nobel Prize monetary awards as fast as they roll in. There are only so many paradigm-shifting discoveries that one man can make, after all...

NewYorker58
Msg: 507
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 11:00:01 AM
That's a good one, Arlo, understating their profession. If anything, guys try to boost their image monetarily by posting anything that they have like a house or cars or toys. I could understand a man not wanting a woman to go iccome shopping by their profession. People in the Sciences sometimes make little money when they are a PhD and do research. I think human nature is involved a little bit here with people having interest in someone who is doing okay financially, which part of that isn't looking at what they have to covert it, but to see a person as being successful is attractive.

I'm a cookologist. No Nobel prize for me, just dirty dishes☺ I don't list my credentials, because I don't want men going after me for my large raviolis.
 gtomustang
Msg: 508
Posted: 12/17/2017 11:50:02 AM
"some of the most generous people, are those with little money"

>>>they may have little money b/c they've donated/gifted so much. I was going to put a smiley face emoji after that to say its a joke, but sometimes it really isn't. Some people donate to family rather than put aside for retirement--or they cash in their retirement to help out children during a rough patch.

I did a lot for myself growing up (rather than asking daddy for $$), so sometimes when people complain about the problems they created, I think, "you need to work harder and sacrifice--I did". A dead-broke friend of mine was complaining yesterday that Sirius Sat Radio just changed her rate from $70 to $150 a year, and i'm thinking, "why not listen to a radio station for free? or your millions of CDs?" Not that $70 goes far against her debt, but my only attempt at charity was to not point out to her how she blows her paycheck.

to a point, I can understand why some people are bitter about charity. if we worked hard ourselves, we probably started at the bottom, and met people who are still there b/c they are, honestly, lazy. intellectually and otherwise. on the flip side, are the cheap bastids you mention. Someone who has an excuse about how they spend their $$, has an excuse about how they "spend" in other wars. I won't give my Sirius friend money, b/c she'll waste it, but i'll mow her lawn and make a day out of hanging out with her, and that saves her money from paying a landscaping firm, for example.

money is just a tool. giving someone not educated in how money works, like some of those lottery winners who rush to bankruptcy, is like handing a precision torque wrench to someone who likes to hammer all their problems away. should I meet a willing partner with big ta-tas and tiny bank accounts, I may contemplate sex with her, but perhaps not plan the marriage just yet. whereas some men my age will try to "lock her down" as soon as they can, and then complain later about the price they're paying.
 9Pluto
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 12:20:06 PM
Arlo:
I might list it as "artificial pig inseminator",
^^^Doing quality control putting it in blow-up pig dolls all day long leaves him seeing stars.
ROFL!

NYer:
I see a lot of guys stating they don't want a sugar mama, so there must be a lot of that going on for them to mention it. Maybe it's because a lot of these men are jobless. For profession, a lot say carpenter or contractor, which can mean they're not working. You're not working for a company, so their job is more like a side job if they're even working. That's what I've gathered from asking some of them. Some men state they're on disability.

Arlo:
There's another possibility: some men might be deliberately low-balling their profession, as a sort of filter to weed out some women who might be looking for a man in a certain type of profession, as classes of profession tend to correlate with income.
For instance, rather than listing my profession as "world-class astrophysicist", I might list it as "artificial pig inseminator", to weed out those pesky astrophysics groupies, who will spend my Nobel Prize monetary awards as fast as they roll in.

This subject is so dripping with hypocrisy and dishonesty^^^ That is, sadly, that the lies and deception in profiles are rampant. And people wonder why PoF girls and boys get such a bad generalized wrap. On one hand you have people claiming moral high ground about others lying about body type (it never ends), a.k.a. weight, or age (see '10 years older' thread, etc.), yet for some reason you see liars about profession (probably the same ones that took the moral high ground) who try to pass themselves off with stolen valor of retirement, carpentry, consultancy, etc. Turns out they may be disabled and not list it, probably sitting on a large amount of equity on their homes, yet collecting on the public dole and not even paying property tax to their communities, being the ultimate cheapskates. Ewwwww!!!! The problem is they've learned to lie and cheat so well, and only a few folks like Walts calls them out:

^^^^^^ To me, that sounds like you don't want to show the whole truth of the matter when you are first representing yourself.
I know, I know. First impressions.
Problem with that is that a few of us see thru them before you even put the effort in.

Walts is right. Luckily it doesn't take time for some to see right through the charade. It does not take "getting to know someone on several dates for them to show their true colors", etc...., even for the geeks with degrees in jet propulsion or celestial mechanics! They go out on a date and the partner immediately senses they are being deceived. The dope partners get filtered out and continue dating the cheaters, like cash cows these dishonest gold-diggers really offer nothing but their body, as if that were enough. These people say they are looking for honesty, they deceive you once, they'll do it again, as we all know. Who would want to spend the rest of their life with such a person? Not me - they'd get the boot LOL!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 12:27:34 PM
Mustang, I don't donate to people things, but sometimes donate where it helps dogs. They're helpless.

I can sense your frustration with your friend. I have a friend like that. She just lost her house. She buys her kid a lot of crap. I know some parents want the kids to have everything, but I wanted to say to her, don't you think he would rather stay in his home rather than have some kind of new crap that he doesn't need? Of course she is not just losing money by giving him things he doesn't need, with the price of real estate rising in Washington State, she is going to be losing many 10s of thousands of dollars and that's just insane! There's that saying the poor get poorer. She isn't really poor, because the salary is there, but she makes herself poor.

I know someone with a lot of debt that received a big lump sum from an insurance claim and bought his 13 year old son a $500 Gucci belt. Previous to this, he already went thru 2 401ks, after leaving one job and being fired from another. You know what that means, a 20% penalty for early withdrawl, and with paying the taxes, all the work contributions to it were gone. All he had was what he contributed. It's all gone.

Parents should never cash in their retirement for an able-bodied child. Your other friend sounds like she has an empty head. Too much of wanting what other people have. That's a crazy amount to spend for radio! I cut the cord with cable. I get about 40 stations with an antenna. That was a savings of $50 a month x 5 years it will be $3,000 in savings. Then I added on Hulu for a while for $11 a month with no commercials.
 ohenryx
Msg: 511
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 3:51:03 PM

gtomustang
Some people donate to family rather than put aside for retirement--or they cash in their retirement to help out children during a rough patch.

About a year ago (maybe 2 years?), I met a woman through some OLD site. I think it was through one of the more adult oriented sites, but I really don’t remember now. Strangely reminiscent of another long running thread currently on these forums, she listed her age as 58, but on the second date she told me she was actually 68. Didn’t bother me, she looked good for 58 and great for 68.

We had a lot of fun, some good conversations, and some great sex. But it didn’t last very long. One of those romances that peaks early, and then blows up. The strange part was how it blew up. She told me one night about spending all of her retirement savings on trying to extricate her daughter from a bad marriage. That didn’t exactly “compute”, I’m still not sure how you would spend that kind of money to extricate someone from a bad marriage.

So I asked questions. How did that work? How much did you spend, and what did you spend it on? The answers were … vague and unsatisfactory, so I let it drop. The next day, she sent me a text message saying she was dumping me because I was too interested in her finances. My immediate thought was, “What finances? I thought you were broke?” But I didn’t say that, I didn’t say anything. I have found when someone dumps you, it’s usually best to say nothing at all.

should I meet a willing partner with big ta-tas and tiny bank accounts, I may contemplate sex with her, but perhaps not plan the marriage just yet. whereas some men my age will try to "lock her down" as soon as they can, and then complain later about the price they're paying.

It all counts. Looks, smarts, finances, personality. I am unlikely to even remotely contemplate matrimony until I find at least 3 of those 4. And of those 4, personality is probably the least important for getting the first date, but the most important before I will contemplate long term. YMMV.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 5:46:37 PM

For profession, a lot say carpenter or contractor, which can mean they're not working. You're not working for a company, so their job is more like a side job if they're even working. That's what I've gathered from asking some of them.

Gee, thanks for the insult. I've worked that profession for 45 years. At no time have I been out of work as you put it. I revel in a random day off. Can't tell you how many non-weekends I've had to deal with, because something HAD to be completed.

There was a few times I worried about working consistently. During the early 80's after the peanut farmer drove up interest rates, and the past 8 years when the dems were claiming that 1% growth was what we were going to see from now on. This past year, I've been reveling in consumer confidence, and steady growth. My bank account has been telling me that we are on the right track, and no dem can convince me that we're going backwards.

So, I strongly suggest that you re-examine your views on carpenters/contractors. Try asking them how long they've been at it. Double digit years usually means they are capable, hardworking guys that know how to work at their profession.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 513
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 7:35:44 PM
Henry, she's the one that brought up her finances. Maybe....her lying is indicative of her character? Do you think she was leading you into asking her if she needed money? Trying to work you thru sex first?

Purple, that excluded you, of course☺ My ex-b in NY is a carpenter, retired from his job working for a company, and now is busy all the time with side work. He's a hard worker with a lot of energy. I helped him do side work while he was still working his regular job. He's a real hustler.
 notyourbusinesss
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 10:02:32 PM
Women with small "assets" are sexier.more erotic to see a nude with small tits than what you call "Mellon's"
And small assets women are less heavy 😂😂😂 easy to move and park them around the house 🙄
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 515
Posted: 12/18/2017 3:06:44 AM

(Arlo):
I might list it as "artificial pig inseminator",

(9Pluto) ^^^Doing quality control putting it in blow-up pig dolls all day long leaves him seeing stars.
ROFL!

Oh, sure, laugh now; but, those artificial pigs aren't gonna inseminate themselves...

ThroatLozenge
Msg: 516
Posted: 12/18/2017 8:05:14 AM
I’m craving Mac n Cheese
 spot4username
Msg: 517
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 8:28:46 AM
^^
With a side of wine, Lubriderm and tissues?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 518
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 12:11:19 PM

Yes, I agree. I know guys who won't approach a woman unless they can envision walking down the aisle with her. They're still single.

It's not that they're Single -- it's that they are Dateless (big diff). The point is that they can't even Enjoy the fruits of being more-or-less Single. Someone with GTO's POV, looking at a gal he doesn't know (yet?) and trying to measure potential incompatibilities in a hypothetical future, off way too little information -- I think one main factor in that is Fear. A reason to avoid anxiety & potential rejection -- and also past visions of dating situations not going well that helps dictate what they do in the Now. Which is fine when there's ample info to go on, but sheesh -- she's attractive, you're bantering, she's friendly & cool -- make a move and Find Out. Just because she's not going to be yer "one and only" doesn't mean ya can't have heaping spoonfuls of fun adventure. :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 519
Posted: 12/18/2017 2:37:48 PM
Huh, I thought that was butterchickenchuck who's back, not CT. interesting,when you click on "history", you get frothing and dirty john posts. good catch, spot!

Its true, Bush did no favors for the housing industry with underwater mortgages, but at least Obama cleared house (pun intended) and the ARRA stimulus package slowed the hemorrhage. now there's a handout to real estate developers like Chump and Sen. Bob Corker in the new tax package, so if it stays, we'll see where that goes. certainly all the storm damage this year helps certain areas.

Admittedly, I do want to avoid drama--its just not an adventure for me. I've tried it in the past, and I found that out. it does make a "perfectionist" out of me. Also I don't enjoy banging my head against the wall. Give me a car to repair, I know it was designed to work, I just have to find the part that's faulty. I know hard work will pay off. But hard work won't change a woman's mind about how I look to her :)

now, there are times when flirting is fun--when its done for no other purpose than to flirt. even with this hot bank teller, I still tease her a little bit. that's fun to do. for the most part, tho, I've gotten a bit goal-driven--if i'm going to flirt, its to get a date. Not as many people are fun to flirt with just for the sake of making time pass. It takes a special personality.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 520
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 3:47:51 PM
You don't have one of those code readers? Too bad there aren't ones for people to instantly find out if there's anything wrong with them.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread, unless of course you want to
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 521
Posted: 12/18/2017 4:34:10 PM

Not as many people are fun to flirt with just for the sake of making time pass. It takes a special personality.

For me, there has to be intent behind the flirting, otherwise, I'm just wasting time and effort. I used to engage in it "just for the fun of it" until a little over 10 years ago when one of my mother's friends took it way too seriously.
 Kj521
Msg: 522
Posted: 12/18/2017 5:27:29 PM
^^^^Really? I beg to differ, :)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 523
Posted: 12/18/2017 5:51:10 PM
What exactly are you begging to differ about?
 Kj521
Msg: 524
Posted: 12/18/2017 6:02:16 PM
^^^Your penchant for flirting without intention, dear. ;)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 525
Posted: 12/18/2017 6:13:34 PM
You will have to elaborate because I'm not quite sure I'm following.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?