Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kj521
Msg: 576
Am I being made to feel less than a man for being frugal?Page 24 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
^^^Of course. I will always make time for you. :)

NewYorker58
Msg: 577
view profile
History
Am I being made to feel less than a man for being frugal?
Posted: 12/21/2017 9:58:40 PM
NG, you know the story, don't play dumb. Before the movies, he was siphoning water out of his trunk into bottles to take in with him. I think we can all safely say he's not just "appearing" to be cheap, LOL. I could live with the free movie pass, but the water.......
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 578
Posted: 12/22/2017 7:20:32 AM

When you meet someone and go from there as a couple, that's a "date".

Hello, and welcome to another exciting episode of "Arlo Knows Nothing".

No, you clueless pissant. That's not a date. I'm sure you've consulted your trusty online dictionary on this in an effort to make a connection but try convincing a woman in a bar or club that asking her on a date and asking her to go home with you an hour after approaching her is synonymous.

You've been slumming around here too long, and as a result, you can't conceive of a "date" existing outside the parameters of social media. That's just sad

Hilarious. I've probably been on more dates this year than you have in your lifetime. Tonight, I'm hitting a heavily populated dance floor, and I can assure you I'll get at least a phone number or asked to friend on Facebook without even asking.

Whenever I read one of your posts, I hear the nasally whine of Tim Kazurinski -- or Joe Pesci after huffing a helium balloon.

You would drink a vial of Danny Devito's chest sweat and snort a line of dead skin shavings from his feet to have my voice, Troutboy.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2017 11:59:57 AM

She just failed my 3rd date test

NEXT!!!

You forgot to do the Hair Flip! One is supposed to do the hair flip when they express-the-"Next!" :)

So.....is it tacky if I offer my date a coupon as my contribution toward dinner?

You being the gal, you're less apt to come off as tacky at all. Best way to avoid sensitive types -- is to mention that you actually have something for x% off at said place, and that you'll give that to them. Then, when applied when the check comes, it's surely not a weird thing.

I see we're playing yet another round of "norwegianguy456's unique (and dead-wrong) definitions".

I'm not riding on any unique definition -- I'm shooting down your laughable one, that I actually don't think you actually believe... but too much pride to concede, even to the obvious. :) Again, you're not laying out any arguments on How mingling with a gal at a bar = Being your 1st date, if you end up becoming a couple in the future. That is a definition I never heard of. Find someone else who shares this unique definition of yours -- then it'd be deserving of a hot-second of not being laughed at.

try convincing a woman in a bar or club that asking her on a date and asking her to go home with you an hour after approaching her is synonymous.

What's worse is that troutboy is actually saying that mingling with a gal at a bar, and Asking her out on a date IS the 1st date -- *if* you become a couple in the future. It's not a 1st date if you don't become a Couple. So it's some retroactive shift on when your 1st Date was. I can't see how any of the various online dictionaries could even hint at supporting that self-made definition. :)

NG, you know the story, don't play dumb. Before the movies, he was siphoning water out of his trunk into bottles to take in with him. I think we can all safely say he's not just "appearing" to be cheap, LOL.

Well, that's Tacky, being cheap or not. Movie theaters have water fountains (for a water cup to fill), but even if he said "The tap water here has a tang to it, I'm picky -- so I'm going with my filtered water," -- it may not be Being cheap so much, but it's Tacky as hell. Let's say he doesn't like movie-theater popcorn, and has some Awesome popcorn he makes at home, and on date 1/2/3, he lets you taste it. It's really good. So then in the parking lot of the theater, he opens the Trunk where a big bag of it is stored, whips out some brown paper bags, and fills them up and hands one to ya -- and says to smuggle it in. Hey, he can make the argument that he's not a cheap guy -- and can demonstrate that -- but Geezus man, you're being TACKY though. :)

Anyway, my point before was him trying to Hide the coupon when in the movie theater. He was avoiding tackiness on that end (not realizing the water-from-trunk-of-car gets the gold star on tackiness) -- but didn't do a good job of it. My point is, him having a coupon to apply, Shouldn't be seen as tacky at all, when done right. Trying & failing to hide it ends up making things tacky.
 saintclara
Msg: 580
Posted: 12/22/2017 12:42:24 PM
I come on this thread for a break and the dudes are so b*tch*y it's like seeing transgender dudes everywhere.People should practice being nice to eachother it doesn't hurt to have manners and be polite to eachother. This is a civilised society it's not posters fault if your life is messed up and you haven't had sex it happens to the best of us and we should practice group hugs love peace
 saintclara
Msg: 581
Posted: 12/22/2017 12:45:54 PM
Hilarious. I've probably been on more dates this year than you have in your lifetime. Tonight, I'm hitting a heavily populated dance floor

With channel XXX and a bag of popcorn which isn't dating .
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 582
Posted: 12/22/2017 5:01:23 PM

(NewYorker58) NG, you know the story, don't play dumb.

He's not playing.

(AT) When you meet someone and go from there as a couple, that's a "date".

(Wilbur) Hello, and welcome to another exciting episode of "Arlo Knows Nothing".

No, you clueless pissant. That's not a date. I'm sure you've consulted your trusty online dictionary on this in an effort to make a connection...

Nope. That's SwedishChef456's gig, you knuckle-dragging troglodyte.

(Wilbur) ... but try convincing a woman in a bar or club that asking her on a date and asking her to go home with you an hour after approaching her is synonymous.

No. I have no interest in trying to win semantics arguments when I'm pitching woo at a lady. Put down the spliff for a minute, and try to focus your blood-shot eyes and fuzzy brain before you engage your fingers...

(AT) You've been slumming around here too long, and as a result, you can't conceive of a "date" existing outside the parameters of social media. That's just sad.

(Wilbur) Hilarious. I've probably been on more dates this year than you have in your lifetime. Tonight, I'm hitting a heavily populated dance floor, and I can assure you I'll get at least a phone number or asked to friend on Facebook without even asking.

Two things about this:

1) Almost certainly true. So?

2) I recall, not long ago, you were boasting about not caring what others think of you. Yet, here you are, telling everyone what a Mean, Lean, Dating Machine you are. The sadness just continues...

(AT) Whenever I read one of your posts, I hear the nasally whine of Tim Kazurinski -- or Joe Pesci after huffing a helium balloon.

(Wilbur) You would drink a vial of Danny Devito's chest sweat and snort a line of dead skin shavings from his feet to have my voice, Troutboy.

Yep, you definitely wanna stay away from those smoky recording sessions...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2017 5:46:42 PM
He wasn't worried about water quality☺ He hid the water scenario too. In a way, I'm fine with what he did, because he was just being himself. Then it was up to me to decide if I liked what I saw.
 forumslady
Msg: 584
Posted: 12/22/2017 6:18:11 PM
Newyorker58- " He wasn't worried about water quality☺ He hid the water scenario too. In a way, I'm fine with what he did, because he was just being himself. Then it was up to me to decide if I liked what I saw."

Wait, I thought you were joking. Did you really have a date that snuck water into a movie theater? :0

Wow, you might have just won the date from he!! contest. My sympathies, truly. I might well have embraced my inner smarty pants and suggested he dig in the trash for people's thrown away popcorn. The bad thing is, this guy sounds like he might have embraced the idea.

There's thrifty, then there's cheap.

He reminds me of a series I watched one or two of on Netflix. I can't remember the name of it right now, but it was about people who are cheap on the same level as your date.
I had to stop watching after one that featured a woman who served people food she dug out of trash cans, I kid you not. She was an accountant who made good money. She also would set her a/c to 80, in the summer, used a space heater in winter, showered once a week and saved the water to bath with for the rest of the week in gallon jugs. I couldn't take watching anymore after that. :o
 NewYorker58
Msg: 585
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2017 7:09:14 PM
Nope, not joking. He met another POF girl and asked her over to his place for sandwiches, LOL. He complained that she didn't fasten the tops of the condiments on well enough. That was probably her passive-aggressive way of saying F-you to him. It's too early on in a relationship for men to do financial shortcuts, and not enjoy life more. He refused to go on vacation with another gf he knew a while (to OR); so she went by herself.
 forumslady
Msg: 586
Posted: 12/22/2017 7:32:11 PM
Newyorker58- I hope I'm not overdoing it with my frugal talk. I was raised by my grand parents, who came of age during the great depression.
They taught me valuable lessons when it comes to money, the difference between wants, verses needs.
My match will have to respect money, but I'm not the type to never have fun. to never use money for for that purpose. I know that is a want, not a need, but I can't take anything with me, in the end.
I love saving money, it's like a game, to me.
Things like shopping for Winter clothes at the end of Winter, when they are marked down, using coupons, going to flea markets, Good will, yard sales, these are all tricks of the money saving trade.
However, I WILL, and have, pay full price for things that bring me and those I love joy and give us a chance to enjoy ourselves. especially together. ( We have gone to Six flags over Georgia several times at a steal, thanks to my money saving know how, if anyone that sees this lives close to a six flags, pm me, I'll tell you how to save SERIOUS money there)
I try to walk the line when it comes to thrifty, verses cheap.
There are some things that cost more money, but the memory's we get from them are priceless. :)
(We are going to eat together, 7 of us, at a local pizza place on Christmas eve, pizza and drinks, for 25 dollars. Anyone that wants to know how I did this, again, pm me and I'll tell you)
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 587
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2017 7:51:35 PM
I still will use my Veterans discount. lol
 forumslady
Msg: 588
Posted: 12/22/2017 8:29:42 PM
TEXASCHICK-" I still will use my Veterans discount. lol"
Gosh, I can see how you would find that funny.
Good thing you came back alive to joke about it. Not many do, but what ever works for you, go right ahead.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2017 8:57:03 PM
Forums, I'm frugal too, but it's a means to an end. I feel that not throwing money away on crap lets a person spend it on enjoyable bigger ticket items, like you did. It sounds like you know how to create a balance.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2017 9:22:49 PM
While I feel sorry for you ladies.... Having to endure such cheap dates.... I do find these stories about cheapness and what some guys will do to save money on a date entertaining nonetheless.
 forumslady
Msg: 591
Posted: 12/22/2017 9:25:51 PM
Newyorker58-" Forums, I'm frugal too, but it's a means to an end. I feel that not throwing money away on crap lets a person spend it on enjoyable bigger ticket items, like you did. It sounds like you know how to create a balance."

Exactly! The thing is, with this being such a big deal to me, how many people are there out there, well, men, who have the same mind set?

Let's face it, I'm a rarity at my age. A lot of men are out there that got back into the dating game, after marriage, BECAUSE they aren't smart with money.
Differences in money styles is THE number reason for divorce/break ups. (At any age)
(This goes for some women too, for those of you that insist I add this fact)
I will NEVER pair well with the type who thinks they are entitled, and/or overspends.

Over spending, feeling entitled, are deal breakers for me. However, so is their opposite, the (truly) cheap ones that will harp on you to do things as unreasonable as wash plastic plates.

I would be a part of a couple tomorrow, if i could only find someone that believes in ying/yang. Balance, give/take, that sort of thing.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 592
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2017 9:34:59 PM
And, honestly I too have brought water into a movie before.

Worked out bad for me because I missed part of the movie while I was in the bathroom letting out the water I brought in.

Pretty karmic, in the vast scheme maybe.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 593
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2017 10:15:22 PM
Kj, inquiring minds want to know, how was your date?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 594
Posted: 12/23/2017 1:27:37 AM
^^^

Living off alimony
 Cynderella
Msg: 595
view profile
History
Am I being made to feel less than human...thread gone wild!
Posted: 12/23/2017 3:15:51 AM
This thread went so sideways...

To OP: No one can make you feel like anything
if you don't allow it.
To the posters: I take my dates to Wendy's...
I lie about my age to get the senior discount.
Or
I go to McDonald's and claim I'm under 12
for the kids meal.
 Kj521
Msg: 596
Posted: 12/23/2017 5:54:05 AM
"Kj, inquiring minds want to know, how was your date?"

Ooooh. Yeah. Well. I now remember why it is I stopped dating. So...that's a positive. :)

He was at least 3 inches shorter than he claimed...10 years older than his picture and isn't "technically" single yet but "emotionally" he has been for a loooong time! So when the check was presented....I was more than happy when he slid it to my side of the table after I made the offer of "May I?". At that point, I was having much difficulty controlling my urge to whip out my glasses to confirm that the few sprigs of hair on his head were indeed...fresh...hair plugs. But I knew if I confirmed my suspicions....there is no way I would not just bust out laughing. So...it will be one of life's little mysteries I am more than happy to leave unsolved.

And dang it! I WISH I had looked for a coupon! :D
 forumzfishonly
Msg: 597
Posted: 12/23/2017 6:41:19 AM
KJ, Very nice of you to be congenial and finish the date, nothing worse than to start a date on lies, especially ones as obvious as height and age,
smh
You shouldn’t still be single , you’re beautiful and your personality bubbles right through the screen of my iPad

Merry Christmas and Good luck to you 2018
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 598
Posted: 12/23/2017 8:24:43 AM

He was at least 3 inches shorter than he claimed...10 years older than his picture and isn't "technically" single yet but "emotionally" he has been for a loooong time! So when the check was presented....I was more than happy when he slid it to my side of the table after I made the offer of "May I?". At that point, I was having much difficulty controlling my urge to whip out my glasses to confirm that the few sprigs of hair on his head were indeed...fresh...hair plugs. But I knew if I confirmed my suspicions....there is no way I would not just bust out laughing. So...it will be one of life's little mysteries I am more than happy to leave unsolved.

And dang it! I WISH I had looked for a coupon! :D

I'm not a fan of liars. They think their time is more important than yours.

That was nice of you to pay the bill. It will leave him more money to pay for his hair plugs.
 gtomustang
Msg: 599
Posted: 12/23/2017 8:53:57 AM
someone had asked here, last month, what it means when the woman pays the bill.

now they know :)

offering to pay Dutch, or offering a coupon, might be a nice way to show a new potential that the two of you share (hopefully among other things) a viewpoint on finances. Not that one is rushing off to marriage (supposedly many marriages break up over financial views).
 ozarkguy
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2017 9:14:32 AM
@KJ Dang.......you picked up the tab?
I've maybe had a few gals (very few) buy breakfast, usually with the comment that "you can
get dinner" and then only after we probably had had 5-6 dates and quite a few meals under
our belts. But don't ever remember a gal offering to pick up (or split) a dinner tab.

Note to self: Start dating FL gals. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?