Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Am I being made to feel less than a man for being frugal?Page 25 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)

He was at least 3 inches shorter than he claimed...

I assume you're referring to his height?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 602
view profile
History
Am I being made to feel less than a man for being frugal?
Posted: 12/23/2017 12:52:59 PM
Kj, thanks for the date update, both of them☺ That was a sweet comment by your date to say you're worth it and that he wasn't flustered by the time change. Everything good in life is with waiting for! I hope it turns into something good!

Henry, I've always heard finances were a major cause of marital problems. Probably not only spending styles, but struggling on small incomes, especially when couples are just starting out, less money when kids come along. #1 can have a domino effect and lead to some of the other issues, though one may say visa versa.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 603
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2017 4:47:36 PM

1. Infidelity
2. Money
3. Lack of communication
4. Constant arguing
5. Weight gain
6. Unrealistic expectations
7. Lack of intimacy
8. Lack of equality
9. Not being prepared for marriage
10. Abuse

I think that can be a bit misleading -- as what causes the infidelity? Usually unhappiness (although obviously not all the time) -- so what caused that? Something else on the list, which should score above it. Oh, he got fat and she then cheated? The real culprit's weight-gain. IMO, it should only be considered if it means "Infidelity in marriage with no issues".

"Oh, it was infidelity, not weight gain. If he/she let me sleep around with others, he/she can gain all the weight they want, and I'd still stick around!" isn't going to fly.

So yeah, I would say Money issues in one direction or another is probably the #1 underlying culprit.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 604
Posted: 12/24/2017 9:59:42 AM

(gtomustang) someone had asked here, last month, what it means when the woman pays the bill.

They're handing out parkas in Hell...
 gtomustang
Msg: 605
Posted: 12/24/2017 2:41:06 PM
well, luckily forum hell is a no-parka space.
 whosmeow
Msg: 606
Posted: 12/24/2017 6:15:26 PM
^LOL!!! The forum hell meter maid must be handing out tickets like she's from NYC...
 forumslady
Msg: 607
Posted: 12/27/2017 6:42:53 PM
ohenryx- I saw your post, the top reasons for divorce.
I believe you, there is no reason for me not to, but I have to admit this is the first top ten list (as far as reasons for divorce) that money wasn't #1.
I've mentioned before that I was raised in a small town and still only live across the bay from where I grew up.
I know a lot of couples that have come close to divorce, or who have divorced.
4 dealt with infidelity. Out of the 4, 3 worked it out, 1 divorced.
All of the other couples I know who divorced, one was due to the wife getting a job offer and the husband refusing to relocate, all of the rest were about money (8 couples).
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 608
Am I being made to feel less than human...thread gone wild!
Posted: 12/29/2017 4:06:27 AM
I wonder why Wilbur hasn't been back to brag about his escapades at the "heavily-populated dance floor", at which he predicted he would get phone numbers and/or FB friend requests, unsolicited? Could it be that his popularity with the ladies only exists in his mind, and he's a perpetual wall-flower at such venues, standing to the side, drinking his Shirley Temple through a bendy-straw, eyebrows furrowed as he tries (and fails) to comprehend why women are overlooking an obvious catch like him? C'mon, Wilbur, spill! I promise not to make fun of ya!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 609
Posted: 12/29/2017 6:15:23 AM

I wonder why Wilbur hasn't been back to brag about his escapades at the "heavily-populated dance floor", at which he predicted he would get phone numbers and/or FB friend requests, unsolicited?

I actually forgot all about it. New Yorker's psychotic episodes have had my attention as of late. Actually, though, someone approached me at the fire pit outside the venue before I ever made it out to the dance floor. She had mistaken me for a local audio engineer who happens to share my first name. We talked until about midnight, then hit the dance floor. Sucks to be me!

he's a perpetual wall-flower at such venues, standing to the side, drinking his Shirley Temple

We've got two problems here, you bored and lonely schmuck. First, I don't drink. Secondly, four people from the forums have met me and can verify I'm anything but a "wallflower".

Try again, Goutman.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 610
Posted: 12/29/2017 6:57:11 AM
Edit: First, I don't drink anything but water when I'm out.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 611
Posted: 12/29/2017 5:04:55 PM

(AT) I wonder why Wilbur hasn't been back to brag about his escapades at the "heavily-populated dance floor", at which he predicted he would get phone numbers and/or FB friend requests, unsolicited?

(Wilbur) I actually forgot all about it. New Yorker's psychotic episodes have had my attention as of late. Actually, though, someone approached me at the fire pit outside the venue before I ever made it out to the dance floor. She had mistaken me for a local audio engineer who happens to share my first name. We talked until about midnight, then hit the dance floor. Sucks to be me!

We will, for the sake of argument, accept your story as true, and not just a creation of your fevered imagination...

If "success" for you is frequenting dance venues, then YOU DA MAN!

(AT) he's a perpetual wall-flower at such venues, standing to the side, drinking his Shirley Temple

(Wilbur) We've got two problems here, you bored and lonely schmuck.

I'll stop you right here, cretin. A Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic drink.

Are you naturally this obtuse, or did you have to work at it?

(Wilbur) First, I don't drink.

That's actually a responsible position to take, and I'm not gonna bust on you for it. The vein of things to mock you about is incredibly rich, as is.

(Wilbur) Secondly, four people from the forums have met me and can verify I'm anything but a "wallflower".

Meeting SwedishChef456 four times does not qualify as having met four different people from the forums. I can understand your confusion, though: he *TALKS* as much as four people...

(Wilbur) Try again, Goutman.

Do you even know what "gout" is? I'll wager not, and you just fixated on the word because it rhymes with "trout", and you thought it'd be a neato-keen word to use to "zing" me...
 forumslady
Msg: 612
Posted: 12/29/2017 7:29:56 PM
Arlo Troutman- I don't EVEN want to know why you insist on calling POD's Wilber.

Meeting SwedishChef456 four times does not qualify as having met four different people from the forums

I almost went to the meet POD's is talking about. The 5 of us were planning, well, with me, it was me and one other person, she was kind of the coordinator of the meet.
I'm not going to say who she is, if she wants to say, that is up to her.
I know every forums member who went on that meet, it happened he isn't making it up.

Keep engaging him, it's kind of fun, watching him hand you your azz. :D
 cooldog65
Msg: 613
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 7:46:14 PM
^^^ He's referring to Wilbur the pig from the children's story Charlotte's Web.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 614
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 9:40:37 PM
I think Wilbur, I think Mr. Ed, but he would look more like Mr. Ed with them both having a long the tail, LOL.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 615
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2017 12:24:55 AM

Meeting SwedishChef456 four times does not qualify as having met four different people from the forums. I can understand your confusion, though: he *TALKS* as much as four people...

True. And we never met. But you wanking yourself in your photos doesn't exactly qualify as you even having chance with that "one bartender" you fantisized about after that Charity beer she gave you. :) Dude, just keep jerking it -- it's cool.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 616
Posted: 12/30/2017 3:21:47 AM

(AT) Meeting SwedishChef456 four times does not qualify as having met four different people from the forums.

(forumslady) I almost went to the meet POD's is talking about. The 5 of us were planning, well, with me, it was me and one other person, she was kind of the coordinator of the meet.
I'm not going to say who she is, if she wants to say, that is up to her.
I know every forums member who went on that meet, it happened he isn't making it up.

How very nice for him and you.

(forumslady) Keep engaging him, it's kind of fun, watching him hand you your azz. :D

Are we even reading the same posts?!? Mine are witty and scintillating, while Wilbur's have all the elegance of a hippo with the runs.

(forumslady) Arlo Troutman- I don't EVEN want to know why you insist on calling POD's Wilber.

(cooldog65) ^^^ He's referring to Wilbur the pig from the children's story Charlotte's Web.

Difference being, that Wilbur is cute and appealing. Wilbur here... isn't. :roll:

(AT) Meeting SwedishChef456 four times does not qualify as having met four different people from the forums. I can understand your confusion, though: he *TALKS* as much as four people...

(SwedishChef456) True.

It's a big step forward, that you realize your verbosity. There may be hope for you yet.

(SwedishChef456) And we never met. But you wanking yourself in your photos doesn't exactly qualify as you even having chance with that "one bartender" you fantisized about after that Charity beer she gave you. :) Dude, just keep jerking it -- it's cool.

I don't even know where to begin with this. But, one step at a time... :laugh:
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 617
Posted: 12/30/2017 3:49:05 AM

(SwedishChef456) But you wanking yourself in your photos doesn't exactly qualify as you even having chance with that "one bartender" you fantisized (sic) about after that Charity beer she gave you. :) Dude, just keep jerking it -- it's cool.

Really? Masturbation insults? What are you, 12 years old?

Man, even the people who like* you must be cringing...

*"Like", in the same sense that one would be proud of a cat learning to poop on the toilet...
 Cynderella
Msg: 618
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2017 4:38:50 AM
💩 Wow just Wow 💩
I don't get the insults and the jabs at
POD and NG
I get not all are going to get along but
this is over the edge.
I feel I'm in a school yard nightmare.

Can we just kiss and make up?
 forumzfishonly
Msg: 619
Posted: 12/30/2017 5:31:44 AM
I think it’s just a case of hair envy
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 620
Posted: 12/30/2017 5:58:45 AM

(Cynderella) 💩 Wow just Wow 💩
I don't get the insults and the jabs at
POD and NG
I get not all are going to get along but
this is over the edge.
I feel I'm in a school yard nightmare.

Can we just kiss and make up?

Conspicuous by absence, is me. *THEY* insult *ME*, too. Yet, apparently, you don't see that -- just my zingers.

Where's the love for the ole Arlo-Man?
 snowbikes
Msg: 621
view profile
History
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?
Posted: 12/31/2017 9:54:52 AM
In my opinion yes ! Assets mean NOTHING !
 KountryGirl3363
Msg: 622
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2017 10:03:48 AM
RUN, RUN, RUN, that is not a good guy with a good heart if he thinks that way, not cool
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 623
Posted: 1/1/2018 11:41:02 PM

I'll stop you right here, cretin. A Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic drink.

You pretended to not see my edit just so you could drop this? What a lame ass.

Difference being, that Wilbur is cute and appealing. Wilbur here... isn't.

Interesting, yet I have 16 messages (three are forum people, though) sitting in my inbox right now despite my profile stating I'm only here for the forums.

Where's the love for the ole Arlo-Man?

Well, f*ckin' aye. Now there's a question with the potential to leave the world drawing a blank.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 624
Posted: 1/2/2018 3:12:29 AM

(AT) I'll stop you right here, cretin. A Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic drink.

(Wilbur) You pretended to not see my edit just so you could drop this? What a lame ass.

Your edit consisted of you talking about drinking water. No acknowledgement whatsoever that the concept of a Shirley Temple even registered in what passes for your mind.

(AT) Difference being, that Wilbur is cute and appealing. Wilbur here... isn't.

(Wilbur) Interesting, yet I have 16 messages (three are forum people, though) sitting in my inbox right now despite my profile stating I'm only here for the forums.

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!*

You keep going on about stuff like this, as if it means anything.

(*shrug*) Even if true -- so what?

(AT) Where's the love for the ole Arlo-Man?

(Wilbur) Well, f*ckin' aye. Now there's a question with the potential to leave the world drawing a blank.

I wasn't talking to you, Mr. "I have 16 messages in my inbox!!! People *LOVE* me!!!"

Strange, you are...
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 625
Posted: 1/2/2018 3:41:46 AM

Your edit consisted of you talking about drinking water. No acknowledgement whatsoever that the concept of a Shirley Temple even registered in what passes for your mind.

Idiot. It left no room for you to claim I didn't know what it was, but you pretended not to see it.

You keep going on about stuff like this, as if it means anything.

Well, "what it means" is your claims are false, you dumb ass. Women don't write men they find unappealing. If you don't like my "braggadocious" counters, perhaps you should stop making stupid claims.

Even if true -- so what?

Even if true...haha. Would you like a screenshot?

I wasn't talking to you

Tough shit, you goofy sleestack.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?