Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 78
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?Page 4 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)

why do good looking women boast about their physical assets? I know that was a tongue in cheek, but i'll answer anyway :)
its obviously the easy way to get some form of attention, which is a pity. and a woman who asserts her intelligence can be considered b1tchy. which is also a pity. a woman, generally speaking, might be graded or measured on what she's going to be in bed, rather than what she's going to be in a relationship. and perhaps that's part of where relationships fail. we wouldn't buy a car on how well the red paint catches the eye, for example.

Very sound post indeed...yes it was tongue and cheek...she already knows she will get attention, just walking down the street and no need to highlight her assets on here really;)lol... You are right about the outside of something, does not mean it works to the required specs...like a beautiful looking car, without an engine or a car that runs well, but looks like a banger...sarcasm vs Intelligence...put downs vs debating...facts vs opinion....profanity vs respectability...right vs wrong.. many different Variables to be considered
 sleeps_in_mouse_pajamas
Msg: 79
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?
Posted: 6/27/2017 8:05:25 AM
"The key part of the phrase SIMP made is: 'I looked at him unimpressed' rather than: 'I don't measure up'. She meant that it was his standards she wasn't 'measuring up' to, not her own"
^^^This.

"I have a "donkey" booty. I am not ashamed of it, rather I like it & have attracted "a$$men" my whole life- I hope you embrace your delicate bone structure & attract men who adore it!"

The description you used about your booty threw me off guard and I laughed as I wasn't expecting to to read the word 'donkey' in this thread. BTW thanks for your kind words. I got you mixed up with Halocyn because you both have the same colour hair. I have a bad memory and don't write things out and explain things correctly which leads to misinterpretation of what I am trying to get across. Leaving 'one' word out can result in a lot of people dissecting what I say to put me down publicly on a thread because what is written can have different meanings. I wonder why people enjoy dissecting others and cutting them up? I guess the more a person does this the better they get at it. I call it piling on. I've never been good at that because I try to see the positives of what a person is saying instead of trying to make them look like a piece of sh*t.

"Yes, you have to ignore a lot of the advice given here. People are way to happy to suggest that you give up the guy you're meeting, to find someone else. Often it's rubbish advice.

Life is about building experiences. Your friend may not be long term permanent, but nevertheless, you're building knowledge and experience. No one will make your final decisions, only you will. Enjoy his friendship as long as you choose. If he brings up unpleasant things, you may have to be prepared to change the subject, and if he persists, say that you need to leave or go home to do some work or something. Hopefully he'll learn. And as a hint to you, don't hesitate to date multiple people at the same time.

The only suggestion I have, which is pretty simple... about your "assets", is to get bras which increase your size slightly. You won't be the only one doing it. Easy to do, and you might just find that even one size increase will be something you like. Doesn't mean you op for surgery, not ever. Clothing is something all of us women spend time choosing, and that includes the bras we all wear."

I told him on Sunday to never bring up the topic of implants or the size of his ex's chest again. She and I are completely different. She wears makeup, colours her hair, and wears high fashion.

This man has his flaws like everyone. The rest of the time we have four hour conversations or can spend hours together that pass like one hour. I can't do that with just anyone. If he does bring up an uncomfortable topic I will redirect the conversation elsewhere which is a good suggestion.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 8:27:36 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking - hate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying - hate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ - Misogyny - vs opinion about one woman... it's not hate of that female poster...it's an opinion about her...it's not hate of all women to have an opinion about one woman and not hate of all men to have an opinion about one man...even if you said some men or some women, it's still not sexist, because it's not discriminating against one gender as a whole...tiger you really need to get yourself educated about, what sexism is and also cyberstalking and cyberbullying, because your doing both those things to me and have been for months...I thought you said you work in the mental health secure? it must be getting to you and you need to time on the couch

^ Deflection on display. I said nothing about sexism. Misogyny is prejudice. You formed an opinion based on your own values, rather than SIMP's. You need to educate yourself.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 8:32:41 AM

[His ex]and I are completely different. She wears makeup, colours her hair, and wears high fashion.

He compares you to his ex, and yet his ex is an ex. Presumably for a good reason.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/27/2017 9:28:45 AM

Deflection on display. I said nothing about sexism. Misogyny is prejudice. You formed an opinion based on your own values, rather than SIMP's. You need to educate yourself.

You really are as fick as shit...omg...a cyberstalker following me around and talking shit about me, all the time claims I am deflecting?...WTF have you been smoking...Where the **** I'm a prejudice and what about all the other posters, who did not get her joke, about sending breast picks and judged her? are you gonna attack them too?...of course not..you ****ing moron and a hater...you are so retarded and yet you claim to be educated...no way do you work for the mental heath service, but you might be in the mental ward as a patient though...You know nothing about me or my values and you are infact prejudice. ignorant onto, of being a cyberbully and cyberstalker...stop following me around...people think I am you...I don't want a shadow following me around all the time and people stop posting, when you start your shit...I can ignore you, but at this point I'm thinking of the other posters and the threads on this site
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/27/2017 9:40:10 AM

The key part of the phrase SIMP made is: 'I looked at him unimpressed' rather than: 'I don't measure up'. She meant that it was his standards she wasn't 'measuring up' to, not her own.

I'm not buying it. The OP is seeking validation in the forums that the men she meets are all jerks, rather than looking inward. Perhaps you are not familiar with the OP's posting history. This is not her first rodeo when it comes to starting a thread about how men make inappropriate comments about her breast size.

She started a similar thread under a former username, entitled, "What ridiculousness have people asked you about your appearance?"

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16473071.aspx

And here's yet another: "Inquisitive or ignorant? Inquiring about a person's physical anomaly/defect."

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16529680.aspx
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 10:26:35 AM

She meant that it was his standards she wasn't 'measuring up' to, not her own.
I'm not buying it. The OP is seeking validation in the forums that the men she meets are all jerks, rather than looking inward. Perhaps you are not familiar with the OP's posting history. This is not her first rodeo when it comes to starting a thread about how men make inappropriate comments about her breast size.

I think it's both. The main point is, she isn't measuring up to his -- and she feels, as this isn't her first rodeo on the subject, that she's not measuring up to male tastes and is concerned about it. I think she feels she's not measuring up to what she wants to be, because she's not measuring up to what guys want.

If her stories are 100% accurate with guys, I will say that one thing she does need to work on is the guys she gravitates toward. It seems to be an example of a gal wanting guys who are jerks -- again, if her renditions are 100% correct on what unfolds between them.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/27/2017 12:24:02 PM

This man has his flaws like everyone. The rest of the time we have four hour conversations or can spend hours together that pass like one hour. I can't do that with just anyone. If he does bring up an uncomfortable topic I will redirect the conversation elsewhere which is a good suggestion.

This is a good conclusion IMO

I know this is not a profile review, but I'd change your main pic to the one showing your legs in the short skirt.

"She's got legzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" ~ZZ Top
 sleeps_in_mouse_pajamas
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/27/2017 2:06:57 PM
"I'm not buying it."

That is your problem not mine. For you to dig and dig into a person's posting history and have the need to post it for everyone to see makes me think you need counselling because it is obsessive and the end goal here is done out of spite which is not cool and ugly.

The point of this thread was not to say, "Poor me, help me feel better about myself" when I don't have issues with myself - but others seem to, but rather, "Why do men feel the need to tell me about their ex girlfriends' assets and talk and talk and talk about it continue to go on about how much more attractive they are than me when I didn't bring it up or ask". Is that so hard to figure out? If it is ask the op to clarify themselves rather than jumping to conclusions which so many of you are seasoned at. Very seasoned.

When you try to embarrass others you ultimately embarrass yourself.

"If you were truly comfortable with yourself you wouldn't have started the thread
I think Broadcasting
You have a bigger chest than me, never happened to me ONCE
hmm
wonder why
But I think rats make good pets."

Huh? This thread has nothing to do with my feeling put down but I am being compared. Good to know nobody has put you down for your chest size, however, this doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others so what is your point?

Glad you think rats make good pets. Hopefully this is genuine and not something to bait fourmites.

Ouija2025
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/27/2017 2:23:51 PM
What HS posted proves otherwise. A friend has pet rats, and they are sweet and playful
I want a sloth. For real
How would saying rats make good pets be baiting? cheeseandcrackers. Maybe you should keep dating the body shaming Artist
 browneyesboo
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/27/2017 2:33:59 PM
^^^^OMG I LOVE sloths...I want one too!
I also wouldn't mind that job where you give sloths baths and then
hang them up to dry...hahahahaha!

Anyways.
I'm thinking about starting a thread because I have short legs.
Which must make my torso long...which is also a problem.
But I'm short.
Just wish my legs were longer, although, once they touch the
ground, how much longer could they be?

*thinks and thinks*
 swedishtextiles
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/27/2017 2:40:23 PM
I love sloths,too.

Birds of a feather!

I saw on some wildlife show that they only defecate once a week. They make their way slowly down the tree (or do they just let go of their branch for a thrill???) Do their business, then climb back up their tree for a well deserved snooze!

hahahaha
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 3:13:31 PM
While I sit here and ponder all this, I realize, I'm thirsty. ...........................Anyone going by the kitchen? Can ya grab me, a glass of ice water? .................................Oh wait.....................Where's sun-flower when I need her? Who saw her last? Ouija? ............
Maybe the real problem here....................Huh? ..................Yah, that's what I was thinking..................Let's blame the mouse on the pajamas!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/27/2017 3:27:47 PM

That is your problem not mine. For you to dig and dig into a person's posting history and have the need to post it for everyone to see makes me think you need counselling because it is obsessive and the end goal here is done out of spite which is not cool and ugly.

No, it's yours. Your posting history is public fodder for anyone in the forums to read and judge. If you're ashamed of your posting history, then don't put it out there in the first place. Do you honestly think my memory is so short that I can't recall that you've had this very same discussion with forum posters a year ago, and you've apparently learned nothing from their advice at all?

The point of this thread was not to say, "Poor me, help me feel better about myself" when I don't have issues with myself - but others seem to, but rather, "Why do men feel the need to tell me about their ex girlfriends' assets and talk and talk and talk about it continue to go on about how much more attractive they are than me when I didn't bring it up or ask". Is that so hard to figure out? If it is ask the op to clarify themselves rather than jumping to conclusions which so many of you are seasoned at. Very seasoned.

Sorry, but that says more about YOU than it does the men who neg on you. You are the common denominator in all these exchanges. Not only do you have a "faulty picker", I'd lay odds that you actually enjoy conflict, and relish the opportunity to try to put others in their places. That's why you insist on repeatedly calling attention to your perceived "flaw".
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/27/2017 3:33:06 PM
What about the women picking men that won't commit??

vvvv

Using both sides of the toilet paper can reduce costs as well.

I have 2 spools. 1 on each side of toilet.

Happy spooling folks!
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/27/2017 3:44:46 PM

they only defecate once a week

Think of all the money one can save on toilet tissue.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 3:54:14 PM

That's the spirit !

Way to settle !

I told him on Sunday to never bring up the topic of implants or the size of his ex's chest again.

But he's still thinking about it.

(The elephant in the room)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 4:47:01 PM

^^^^OMG I LOVE sloths...I want one too!

Don't you worry -- here in online dating there's plenty of sloths to find. Not my recommendation to the ladies... and they're not exactly the real thing, but there are more than enough guys in personal ads who are just as slow moving, with just as much back hair. :)

The point of this thread was not to say, "Poor me, help me feel better about myself" when I don't have issues with myself - but others seem to, but rather, "Why do men feel the need to tell me about their ex girlfriends' assets and talk and talk and talk about it continue to go on about how much more attractive they are than me when I didn't bring it up or ask".

Well, the point of this thread is Actually "Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?" So yes, it's not just about a guy droning on about his ex + knocking you in your physical looks -- which is wack -- but the main point is being felt like less of a woman when yet-another-guy does that. I can understand it taking it's toll. But I do have to say, you should have been Turned Off by him... you shouldn't like guys like that. It shouldn't even be a head-scratcher on whether you go out on another date with him! :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/27/2017 5:44:05 PM
Sloths and Otters
woot
I am still trying to think of what I'd say if a man said my breasts too small
Ha, he best be packing 12 inches, own a Lambo and a Castle and I would still tell him to fuk off. Me and my tiny titties would make him cry :)
 spot4username
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 5:50:16 PM
^^^ Just point at his crotch and say
"right back at ya!"
For best impact use the two finger gun method.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 6:47:29 PM

people stop posting, when you start your shit

Haha! Does it look like it? What a strange misguided (not to mention paranoid) individual you are.
 forumslady
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/27/2017 7:02:48 PM
Sleepsinmousepajamas- " This post is about men comparing me to other women and trying to figure out why they feel the need to do it. "

No one can say I didn't try with my first post.
All that typing, what a waste.

So, This time, I'll take a different tack- Men that do this do it because they can and because they are a-holes. The End.

You want to be with an A-hole? Have at it, best of luck to you. I'm sure I believe he's a real prince, the rest of the time.

(Disclaimer for the trolls- Not all men are a-holes. I know this and have said so, somewhere around 1oo times. Please don't make me have to say it, again.)

All my money went to rent last paycheck. The liquor cabinet is dry. Darn it. Where's the forum drink cart? I need vodka, stat. :D
 platypus_man
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2017 6:08:16 AM
I'm always amazed at how some folks stay with others who treat them awfully. A guy tells you you need breast implants? And you stay with him? Makes no sense at all. As far as having implants done, well, only if it's for yourself. Far too many people like to chip in and say that we should all stay how we are naturally. However, I had an ugly birthmark on my face, and had it fixed. Made me feel tremendously better. So if you're not happy with some part of your body, and can get it right, go for it.
That said, there are guys for whatever you look like, and plenty aren't crazy over huge breasts. I've always liked slender women, but that's just me. So, figure out who likes who YOU are, and pick a mate from one of them. Because you can't force someone to find you attractive; and if you don't have what they want, you'll be fighting an uphill battle the rest of your life.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 101
Posted: 6/28/2017 6:48:27 AM
What amazes me about the opening post & the young lady who wrote it is...if she lived in Upstate NY or the Nashville (where I live) area, just based on her photos & what she writes, she would have them lining up for her...I am sure in many other locations too.

I'm always amazed at how some folks stay with others who treat them awfully. A guy tells you you need breast implants? And you stay with him? Makes no sense at all.

People are multi-faceted- they are not one-dimensional. The man may have many other endearing qualities.

As far as having implants done, well, only if it's for yourself. Far too many people like to chip in and say that we should all stay how we are naturally.

I don't think a natural, tree-hugging gal would want to do this-plus it costs beaucoup bucks.

However, I had an ugly birthmark on my face, and had it fixed. Made me feel tremendously better. So if you're not happy with some part of your body, and can get it right, go for it.

I get what you are saying & glad you had the birthmark "fixed" but I don't think the OP's figure in any way shape or form is the same as "an ugly birthmark"!

That said, there are guys for whatever you look like, and plenty aren't crazy over huge breasts.

Especially when you get older & the start sagging & hurting & try wearing an underwire bra in the summer :0(

I've always liked slender women, but that's just me. So, figure out who likes who YOU are, and pick a mate from one of them. Because you can't force someone to find you attractive; and if you don't have what they want, you'll be fighting an uphill battle the rest of your life.

100% agree. This thread strikes a chord w/ me on a personal level, bec. for many years my butt was commented on, sometimes positive & sometimes negative.
When I finally realized my a$$ was an a$$set, is when my opposite sex relationships got better.
OP I really hope you can see yourself in a positive light, including your breasts, if you don't already.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 102
Posted: 6/28/2017 8:04:07 AM

This is the voice of experience talking and I am being as real with you as I can get, because I have been there and done it and come out on the other side, a bit beat up and bruised, but somehow whole, again and much, much wiser, thank goodness.

I had to get tired of being sick and tired and ask myself some HARD questions. This led me to seek counseling and it was there that the truth came and slapped me in the face and I had to deal with my past.

You are in a pattern and you will STAY in this pattern until you deal with what is truly going on with you.

As trite as it may sound, or cliche, or whatever, love doesn't hurt. Not true love, healthy love.

I can't make you do anything, but I hope, so much, that you at least take a break from this person and go talk to someone.
Get counseling, get help. There is NO shame in it. I just admitted to everyone I did it and I still go, to keep myself in the right frame of mind and on the right path.

Please do it. It won't be easy, this isn't about him as much as it's about you. If you don't do the work and change, even if you leave him, another him just like him will find you, it will happen, over and over.

Healthy people attract other healthy people, so reach out and start getting healthy.

I missed this post? Well a clear example of a young lady, who had unresolved issues, got counselling for those issues and once again has a positive mindset for dating....well done to her and that's what I have been saying all along, about people getting counselling and help for unresolved issues...I even posted help links, but got attacked, by ignorant trolls, who clearly have major unresolved issues themselves and selfishly don't want others to get help...Op get counselling instead of carrying on, meeting the wrong men and feeling inadequate, because they talk to you like crap or treat you bad....get help and choose to make better choices.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?