Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo2
Msg: 101
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?Page 5 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
Oops - double post.
 2ufo2
Msg: 102
Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?
Posted: 6/28/2017 12:07:37 PM
Ouija and Browneyes...

You do know that sloths are green because they can't outrun the algae?

I'll take an otter...
or a pet rat.

SIMP

The point of this thread was not to say, "Poor me, help me feel better about myself" when I don't have issues with myself - but others seem to, but rather, "Why do men feel the need to tell me about their ex girlfriends' assets and talk and talk and talk about it continue to go on about how much more attractive they are than me when I didn't bring it up or ask". Is that so hard to figure out? If it is ask the op to clarify themselves rather than jumping to conclusions which so many of you are seasoned at. Very seasoned.

Good men don't.
If those are the kind of men you know, hang with, and date - then I would think that you do have a problem in that you will tolerate that amount of disrespect.
However, if that is not an issue for you then stop posting about how men comment on how much larger their previous girlfriends were. Because most men - certainly the best men - don't do that.

And carry on.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/28/2017 2:20:55 PM

I'm always amazed at how some folks stay with others who treat them awfully. A guy tells you you need breast implants? And you stay with him? Makes no sense at all.

People are multi-faceted- they are not one-dimensional. The man may have many other endearing qualities.

Whatever other endearing qualities a man might possess, would be negated by insensitive remarks such as that, IMO.

Would you stay with a man who told you all his previous girlfriends had small a$$es---and he suggested that you have butt liposuction because he thought it looked out of proportion to the rest of your body?
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/28/2017 2:38:25 PM
^^hell no!

However OP may like this man as Mr. Right now OR stay friends w/ him while they each find respective different partners.

Just because a man is attracted to a certain body part doesn't make him evil/bad.

He was rude to bring up breasts w/ her though. I wouldn't date such a man.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2017 3:48:59 PM

This is the voice of experience talking and I am being as real with you as I can get, because I have been there and done it and come out on the other side, a bit beat up and bruised, but somehow whole, again and much, much wiser, thank goodness.

I had to get tired of being sick and tired and ask myself some HARD questions. This led me to seek counseling and it was there that the truth came and slapped me in the face and I had to deal with my past.

You are in a pattern and you will STAY in this pattern until you deal with what is truly going on with you.

As trite as it may sound, or cliche, or whatever, love doesn't hurt. Not true love, healthy love.

I can't make you do anything, but I hope, so much, that you at least take a break from this person and go talk to someone.
Get counseling, get help. There is NO shame in it. I just admitted to everyone I did it and I still go, to keep myself in the right frame of mind and on the right path.

Please do it. It won't be easy, this isn't about him as much as it's about you. If you don't do the work and change, even if you leave him, another him just like him will find you, it will happen, over and over.

Healthy people attract other healthy people, so reach out and start getting healthy.

I missed this post? Well a clear example of a young lady, who had unresolved issues, got counselling for those issues and once again has a positive mindset for dating....well done to her and that's what I have been saying all along, about people getting counselling and help for unresolved issues...I even posted help links, but got attacked, by ignorant trolls, who clearly have major unresolved issues themselves and selfishly don't want others to get help...Op get counselling instead of carrying on, meeting the wrong men and feeling inadequate, because they talk to you like crap or treat you bad....get help and choose to make better choices.

http://imgur.com/gallery/wK4w3
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/28/2017 9:08:01 PM
OP, if going under the knife is not a consideration for you, you need to develop a much thicker skin because most men prefer average to large breasts. I find it hard to believe that as many men as you claim have expressed a verbal disapproval of your cup size. I've dealt with some a$$holes in my day who wouldn't even stoop that low.

Pick 'em better.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2017 1:04:51 PM

"Why do men feel the need to tell me about their ex girlfriends' assets and talk and talk and talk about it continue to go on about how much more attractive they are than me when I didn't bring it up or ask".

No - the question is WHY do you sit and listen to it? People do what they do - either you accept it or you don't. It's clear you ACCEPT this kind of talk, because you sit and listen to it again and again and again. Stop listening, start walking.
 MissCarolinaLove
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/2/2017 7:01:28 PM
Honey, are you serious? You DON'T continue dealing with this. I'm glad you're confident with the body you were born with, but if you continue to deal with this man without putting your foot down, you are teaching him that it is ok for him to put you down. That comment he made about some big busted woman grabbing the attention of A CEO, and you not standing a chance against her is so damn disrespectful and shallow. He basically told you that he thinks very little of you.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 7:10:49 AM
You are being just as superficial as this ogre of a chooch you picked up. God gave you a healthy body and two children and your concerns are about a$$hat idiots that reject you and disrespect you because of your breast size. Get a padded bra. WTF. You can blame it on these aholes that degrade you all day long but your thinking is flawed. Your life and your body is a gift. You don't need breasts to enhance your existence. You need a kind heart, a strong will, a good mind, compassion and charity. That's what makes a beautiful woman.

My daughter is holding on to her last breaths. She has been suffering with cancer for 5 years now. She struggles with pain in her body, constant antagonizing agony and she may have to have a double mastectomy. Will that make her any less of a woman.. I THINK NOT.
You should count your blessings as in 2 children that need your attention and affection and devotion and stop worrying about what men think about your tits. It's ridiculous. Get on your knees and THANK GOD you have a healthy body. Stop this inane , stupid drama over your cup size. You're acting like the idiots that spew this bull shit at you. It is meaningless in the scope of things. It's stupidity at it's best.

I give zero f7cks about what men or other woman think about my body. I take care of myself. I walk, I work out, I do yoga, I do meditation. I see my Doctors regularly and I maintain a healthy vegetarian diet. I lost a lot of weight going through the struggles with my girl and now I am back to a healthy 128 pounds and I lost a cup size. So ****ing what? My body is lean and mean and I don't care if men want me or not.

I had a woman attack me here because she said they are fake. They are not.. I exercise and it shapes my body and if I am not a mans cup of tea then I don't waste my time with him. Who the f*ck wants to be with a man that finds you unattractive or would express to you that you were not enough because of your mammary glands. Tell him to F&CK OFF and get on track with your life and what you should be prioritizing!!

If you had real confidence this would not sway you one iota and you would not give these thoughts a second thought. You are not blind, you are not crippled, you are not deaf, you are not dumb, you are not a paraplegic. You are not dying. I assume you have a roof over your head and food to eat. Probably a lot of luxury items and money. You have small breast. SO F*CKING WHAT??

GROW UP.. and stop yourself from internalizing this negative self image over what some baboon says about his ex girlfriends breast size.. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans what other people think about you.. what matters is what you think about you and YOUR SONS think about you.

SERIOUSLY.. This is your problem? Jesus Christ. You don't know what problems are. You're acting like a child.

To answer your question... "Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?"
NO NO NO.. You are allowing others to make you feel that way. You are choosing to feel that way. You are accepting it as some kind of handicap which is a falsehood and f*cking ridiculous. It's not the men.. IT"S YOU. You have problems with your self image and don't try to counter it with the " I am confident" Bull shit that you are trying to convince yourself of because if you were confident you would have told that chump to go f&ck that Apple Pie after you baked it for him.
 cooldog65
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 8:22:52 AM
SIMP (OP)...Just ask him if the ex was so great, why is she an ex? I had to pull that move one time. It worked for me, but results may vary.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/3/2017 2:52:52 PM
Wait a minute, this guy has already thrown an ex into your face and compared you to her? (and essentially decided you need to live up to what she is) You're still associating with him?

And people wonder where the "frustrated nice guys" get their "women like jerks" theories from.

F*cking hilarious.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 5:41:37 PM

Op get counselling instead of carrying on, meeting the wrong men and feeling inadequate, because they talk to you like crap or treat you bad....get help and choose to make better choices.

I agree with this, IF OP is telling the Truth. That's because, I'm thinking this...

Honey, are you serious?

... because this actually BEING the case is about as crazy as a gal staying with the guy and thinking everything's wonderful otherwise, and doesn't see the problem, hence, going out with guys like that all the time. We're not talking about general a-holes... but Blatant too-Hollywoodized versions. It's hard to believe it truly Accurately unfolded the way the OP presented it *AND* her POV. It's just -- Wow.

So I'll try to inject some theoretical realism into this: It didn't unfold like OP presents it. Things taken out of context -- which should still be "HUH?" but not such a blatant "WTF". She'd still have issues being with guys that are not ideal for her or many others, but it's not AS bad as portrayed in her "tv-movie" scenes. :)

For instance, what if thru the conversation that's missing, that OP asked about his ex all the time -- out of curiosity, and fed it in a way that laid out a landing strip for him to Say this stuff about his ex? What if the gal on the date(s) was going on how he'd like to see her if there's any improvement and wanted to talk about it (but didn't like his answers, hence kept asking)? Not a good idea by him for charm by any means -- but you'd be Shocked at how you could Slice some Unique convos into just-segments between guy+gal on simple dates, and the guy (or gal) can appear much worse than they actually are. One person could be Wanting them to say stuff in that range, and the other runs with it... and sometimes the tone set by one opens it more than you'd expect.
 spot4username
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 6:01:13 PM
You know I browse on a lot of ummmm errrr different sorts of dating and social sites.

There are lots and lots and lots of men specifically looking for the "assets" OP possesses.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/3/2017 6:07:53 PM

There are lots and lots and lots of men specifically looking for the "assets" OP possesses.

True. There are fetishes for everything you can imagine, and things you never even thought about imagining.

I thought the whole paraphilic infantilism thing was a talk show phenomenon until I actually met a few of these people about a year and a half ago.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2017 6:28:36 AM
does NOT matter if he is saying it in a light hearted way
and says that you are too sensitive if you get offended
what matters is that he is saying it at all
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 116
Do a$$holes have wings?
Posted: 7/4/2017 7:06:46 AM
If a$$holes had wings, this place would be an airport
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 117
Do a$$holes have wings?
Posted: 7/4/2017 7:14:08 AM
^^^^

I imagine you're not aware the Canadian air force used Canadair CT-114 Tutor jets for training in the past.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/4/2017 10:29:28 AM
To the female poster who suggested to the OP that she get a padded bra:

Perhaps you meant well, but that is no better than a man suggesting to the OP that she get breast implants. Fake breasts are not just about implants---it also encompasses wearing padded push-up bras.

The point is that it's still misrepresentation, and going against what Mother Nature gave her. The OP also doesn't wear cosmetics or color her hair. She's an all-natural woman, and has expressed that she wants men to accept her for who she really is.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2017 1:36:13 PM
To Skies: Agreed. I did make a mistake with that suggestion. She is beautiful just the way she is. Her body is healthy and strong and she is a natural beauty. She doesn't need a thing to be more perfect than the way God made her.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/4/2017 2:04:58 PM

She doesn't need a thing to be more perfect than the way God made her.

So true and when god screws up and you get cancer (which he also created) just remember he is not being a douche bag, he just got bored and created stuff that kills people, so it would keep stuff interesting.

Because why just have people live to a ripe old age when you can screw with them along the way and make them suffer.

Isaiah 45:7

"I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the LORD, do all these things."
 PennyAnte
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2017 5:46:28 PM
LOL TRUMP.. You troll me every time I mention God. I happen to believe in something greater than myself. Please go get fed somewhere else.

Ouija2025
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/4/2017 6:29:01 PM
That was beyond your usual scope of ***holeness Trump
Hope you feel proud.. since you can't feel anything else
 LOLTrump
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/4/2017 7:12:39 PM

LOL TRUMP.. You troll me every time I mention God. I happen to believe in something greater than myself. Please go get fed somewhere else.

You made a bullsh*t claim, I called you out on it.

Please feel free to refute it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2017 10:06:30 PM

Perhaps you meant well, but that is no better than a man suggesting to the OP that she get breast implants. Fake breasts are not just about implants---it also encompasses wearing padded push-up bras.

I think they are different concepts, though. A padded bra is a misrepresentation on how big her chest actually is, if said chest is actually smaller than clothing appearance. Implants are still their breasts -- not mother nature's, but still their breasts -- and it's not "faking" their appearance. A guy Could be slightly disappointed that she had fake breasts when getting down to business -- but this isn't the 90s anymore and they can be done really well and most guys like it when it's an improvement, and Most guys are certainly going to rather have that than someone who's highly flat-chested. Point is: There's no deception in having implants, and there certainly can be (mileage varies) deception about chest size when it comes to padded-bra usage.

The OP also doesn't wear cosmetics or color her hair. She's an all-natural woman, and has expressed that she wants men to accept her for who she really is.

I agree. I don't think a padded bra is in the same boat as coloring one's hair or putting on makeup... it's more in a separate concept of wearing a tight shirt vs loose shirt, or padded bra vs normal bra. I'd probably say it's more like no-bra-at-all VS having one (of any type) at all, for the all-natural gig. And that's Fine. But IMO, OP actually has some strong concerns about her look and attractiveness despite what she leads on (see title VS some statements). Which may be why she does end up hanging with some guys like she describes.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2017 2:35:51 AM
Instead of thinking how can you continue, ask yourself why should you continue. Of course that's up to you. I will say he is a jerk. He's insensitive and he's an @sshole. If he will be around your kids, you may not want him imprinting on them. Please don't ever think of yourself as average or below average for anything.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Am I being made to feel less than a woman for lack of 'assets'?