Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What do you get out of this forum?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chromis1
Msg: 76
view profile
History
What do you get out of this forum?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

before they went the way of the dinosaur.

That they did. Evolution of these forums. Anybody who's been around for more than a few years knows that the participation rate has plummeted. I'd bet a lot that the biggest reason can be pinned on the removal of forum posting history from profiles.

I haven't been to DH in quite a while, but I remember the profile structure to include forum posting. And, even if that wasn't the case, DH was still like a Wild West. Anything flew, and the vast majority of posts where single sentences, either 1) flirting, 2) belittling, or 3) supporting. It was crazy. SAD AS THIS MAY BE TO REALIZE - this forum's collective average IQ may be several dozen points higher than over at DH. Ya know ... just to give you an idea ....
 abee_normal
Msg: 77
What do you get out of this forum?
Posted: 7/16/2017 12:39:57 AM
Reading this thread brings back memories, but it's funny that nobody is really answering the question... your too busy prancing down memory lane. Lol.

. Forums are dead because there's no direct link anymore. You have only this incestous pool of DNA floating around to draw life from. You are the forum lifers pontificating to the choir, doing your best 'remember when's'. Cue Springsteens glory days...

Cowboy. The man the myth the legend. He's dead? That's accurate? Poor **stard. Yea he liked the ladies, little patience for the guys. I imagine hearing the same questions over and over would try his patience, and since guys lack vaginas, he had zero secondary interest in being nice about it.

I used to be here prolifically. Maybe one of the few who met someone in the forums themselves.... we read each other's thoughts before we checked out profiles, and translated that into a real relationship. One of the great loves of my life that we are all granted. While in motion, this forum was part of our daily conversations, our sex life and flirtations scattered throughput these topics... mine mostly gone as I got myself in the naughty kids table and my profiles deleted by mods. But her's remain mostly, an emotional minefield that years later, I am still ill equipped to dismantle, so leave untouched and tread carefully. It's sacred ground. I. haven't been here in a long time and I'm mostly eastbound and down, loaded up and trucking. Lol. That's what I got from the forums.

I'm disappointed to see familiar names and faces still looking for love here. ghosts stuck in the machine, chronic bridesmaids but never the brides. I'm not trying to sound like an ass and judgemental, but I thought some of you would have listened to your own advice and figured it out by now. Maybe your back after making a completely different set of mistakes. Cue up pink flloyds two lost souls swimming in the fishbowl, year after year...

this is a dying platform. Maybe your all ghosts that haven't realized your already dead, and I'm Hayley Joel Osment. Lol.

Peace.
 am70sguy
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 1:42:34 AM
Been a lot of years years for me since I've been to POF. Looks like Match doesn't really want to support forum use anymore since there isn't a link for it now. Used to be a good source of entertainment. Too bad they sold out to match, but for 570 mil I wouldn't say no either. Sorry to see it pushed to the wayside.
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/16/2017 2:54:08 AM

Looks like Match doesn't really want to support forum use anymore since there isn't a link for it now.

PoF got rid of the Forums' link on the Dating side ~5 years before they sold PoF to Match. It's been a dying forum since then.
 spot4username
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 5:11:37 AM

I haven't been to DH in quite a while, but I remember the profile structure to include forum posting. And, even if that wasn't the case, DH was still like a Wild West. Anything flew, and the vast majority of posts where single sentences, either 1) flirting, 2) belittling, or 3) supporting. It was crazy. SAD AS THIS MAY BE TO REALIZE - this forum's collective average IQ may be several dozen points higher than over at DH. Ya know ... just to give you an idea ....

I post over there every so often. Your description is accurate. I have to scroll through 50 threads to find one that is "real" and it usually quickly devolves into garbage. I made a thoughtful post recently and was answered with some guy just calling me fatty in consecutive posts. It was surreal.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 6:41:11 AM

this is a dying platform. Maybe your all ghosts that haven't realized your already dead, and I'm Hayley Joel Osment. Lol.
"Very negative approach to these forums and I can't see why you think they are dying? Maybe the gangs who dictate who posts threads has something to do with that, because whenever they don't agree with a subject, they sabotage the thread and throw a lot of hateful remarks towards the op or vote it off, so blame them for people not creating the threads and blame others for not standing up to them" All people can do now is resurrect old threads, because no new subjects are being created"
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/16/2017 7:59:00 AM

I made a thoughtful post recently and was answered with some guy just calling me fatty in consecutive posts. It was surreal.

FATTY?? What the f*cking f*ck? Is that supposed to be irony.... like calling a tall guy "shorty" or calling me "baldy"??
 spot4username
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 8:20:24 AM

FATTY?? What the f*cking f*ck? Is that supposed to be irony.... like calling a tall guy "shorty" or calling me "baldy"??

Like how every huge bouncer is nicknamed Tiny. He said that he can "see my photos" and just kept calling me fatty. It was hilarious. That is pretty much the mentality over there but you already knew that. Maybe a bunch of us should just go take over a thread and post actual words and sentences that make sense.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/16/2017 9:29:33 AM
It would be like trying to decipher hieroglyphics for them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention..

A doll? *shudder* After a number of unwanted messages I blocked him.

You weren't the only one. He did the same to another woman, and went as far as digging up personal information on her. She tore him a new a$$hole on the forums about it, and he claimed he did it to show her she needed to take better precautionary measures. So, it's surely floating around in the archives in case anyone is skeptical.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/16/2017 11:28:43 AM
When I last posted at DH, (at least 5 years ago) it was SELF moderating with the expectant results. Allowing the inmates to run the asylum is not a particularly good idea. IMO at least.

Here? There are plenty of (still active) Forumites who mostly lurk. Only a few specific Qs will bring them out of the woodwork. Better questions would help. And the folks who still CAN ask questions? I've seen more than a few of their threads deleted by those 2 or 3 wannabe cops who still post here. Folks that understand the system and how to abuse it. And of course the silly people who vote to delete pics or other members

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF you do not want your thread deleted, post it in PoF Site/Suggestions/Help where it is safe from the children. True, it might not get much traffic but eventually folks might learn to check that Forum.
 U21984
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/16/2017 3:16:58 PM
Pig you look like the love child of Fabio and...wait for it...BONO.

LOL

Folks,

These regular posters have the WORST advice. hahah
It’s crazy! This place is NOTHING but losers – not counting me and a few other guys, of course!
Others have said This Forum is the BIGGEST COLLECTION OF LOSERS known to the Internet!
For documentation, google =POF FORUMS= People have known about this place for 10 years and running! LOL
Better Choice - Listen to me fellas, and read my threads. I GET chicks. Just. Like. That!

Not always, but steady..........Everyone knows it, too. Well, game knows game.
 jco415
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/16/2017 7:11:49 PM
^^^And yet here you are!
 U21984
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/16/2017 7:21:59 PM
Yes, as Steve Jobs once called the iTunes app for windows - The cold drink of water in the midst of......

hahahaha
 Chromis1
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2017 8:50:47 PM

I'm not trying to sound like an ass and judgemental

You didn't succeed.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/16/2017 9:13:18 PM

Pig you look like the love child of Fabio and...wait for it...BONO.

Aw, f*ck...and to think all this time I've been trying to mold myself after John Goodman and Steve Buscemi.

I guess I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Back to the drawing board.
 U21984
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/16/2017 9:53:45 PM
Soooo many...er....WINNERS.... in here! haha

Well, winners like Hillary Clinton!

But, at least I can straighten guys out.

Older women are on their own. I don't know what to tell them. Seriously.

Unless they are like 22 and even them have been mouthing off to me (not on forums but inbox!) haha
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/16/2017 10:42:39 PM
^^^^

Definitely lives in his parents basement because he had the time to make 50 posts in 7 hours. Most likely bullied as a child and this is his way of dealing with it. Gets a great deal of satisfaction from his behavior however he displays it in other ways when around people and as a result has zero social life.
 U21984
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:14:35 AM
haha I've been stalked by COUGARS before.

This is the first time being stalked by a OLD......DUDE.

hahahahahaha

Look at his posting history. Following me around!

hahah
 gtomustang
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/17/2017 4:38:05 AM
Spot: your post about Cowboy was interesting, he once posted a disinterest in FL women, but I guess if they are attractive he's interested :) The fact he stalked someone else, I wonder how many other people he bothered--we're all capable of reaching people around the world we wouldn't meet otherwise, and having an effect on some part of their lives by how we treat them. Of course, there are the stories about being a transient ranch hand looking for couches to surf. Not to pick on the dead, but its just interesting how we can meet a human and see one side of them, like the tip of an iceberg or the classic story of the blind men meeting an elephant and describing it only by the part they are touching. There is always more to the story, like people who come here to tell their tales of woe about their partner...you wonder what the other person has to say about what they saw on the first date :)

I should have said I was referring to mods here, b/c according to account they sound as tho they have a self interest. This is a forum people go to b/c they have an issue to discuss, and...well...maybe that issue is rooted in a need for control, and they saw an opportunity :)

Chromis: I was a long time member of AskIsadora forums. She ran it to advertise her business, but whoever set the site up for her loaded it with options, so it kept peoples' attention. The membership turned it into a social site, built up quite a connection with each other, plenty of people met F2F even if it meant hopping a plane, and then Isadora decided to return it back to what she wanted. Membership dropped like a stone as people left in hoards b/c it was no longer social. Now you can see the tumbleweeds blowing thru.

Abee & AM70: you have a point, the forums lost their link, and easy access to anything increases the customer base.

shoot, I thought Pig's new photos remind me a little bit of a long haired Leonard Hofstadter from Big Bang Theory. maybe that should be a new post, what celebrity are you reminded of by who's profile picture. i'm sure it will go over well.
 spot4username
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2017 5:35:31 AM

he once posted a disinterest in FL women, but I guess if they are attractive he's interested :)

And think about that for a moment... he dismissed people in an entire state. How stupid is that? Oh I don't like people who live in xyz. Of course those people could be from anywhere originally but his mindset didn't work that way.

The fact he stalked someone else, I wonder how many other people he bothered--we're all capable of reaching people around the world we wouldn't meet otherwise, and having an effect on some part of their lives by how we treat them.

Since I posted I have received a few emails from women who had similar stories. I don't think my post came as a shock to many women in the forum.

shoot, I thought Pig's new photos remind me a little bit of a long haired Leonard Hofstadter from Big Bang Theory.

I must be remembering incorrectly because I thought those were the same photos he used years ago - not that it matters - if a person is looking to date I believe they have an obligation to post up-to-date photos but if they are here for the forums only having old photos or none doesn't really matter.

I am amused by all the people in the forums who are giving dating and/or relationship advice and then say they haven't been in a relationship in years or even on a date. People who have no idea what modern dating entails; and yes, it is not the same that it was ten years ago. Oh you should do so and so but mind you I don't date... wait... what? Or the ones who basically say they have sworn off men/women but then tell another person how to behave when a conflict or question comes up. I am concentrating on finding a new job right now but as soon as that is sorted I will be happily dating again. Dating is fun. I think a lot of people have forgotten that.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/17/2017 10:24:52 AM

shoot, I thought Pig's new photos remind me a little bit of a long haired Leonard Hofstadter from Big Bang Theory. maybe that should be a new post, what celebrity are you reminded of by who's profile picture. i'm sure it will go over well.

I think that's the dude who used to be on the show, "Roseanne". If it is, I've heard that one before.

I must be remembering incorrectly because I thought those were the same photos he used years ago

The Superman bro fist and the exfoliating one are less than a year. The others vary.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:46:47 PM
You are wrong about him not liking all women from a certain State.
That thread would go over like a lead balloon I wager.
Altho some ppl hauntingly remind me of other people.
 south_city
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/17/2017 2:47:15 PM

A doll? *shudder* After a number of unwanted messages I blocked him. I had hesitated to do so because some forums will not allow you to block a mod. I went so far as to contact the big fish over the content of the messages he sent me.

That just shows he was a hypocrite. When men didn't get responses, he told them not to contact a woman a second time, stop complaining about it, and/or was harsh in terms of explaining why they weren't getting responses.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2017 10:57:32 AM

With women he was a doll - with men he was mean spirited, at least in my experience.

I dunno about the former, but he did get positive feedback, sure. But the latter, yeah, in a prev account I did experience that, even 1st-hand once.

The fact he stalked someone else, I wonder how many other people he bothered--we're all capable of reaching people around the world we wouldn't meet otherwise, and having an effect on some part of their lives by how we treat them.

One can criticize people from doing X [stalker-ish] which isn't cool, while they themselves will end up doing pretty much the same thing. But looking at what they-themselves do is looking thru a different lens and not realizing it. "Do as I say, not do as I do," as the adage goes.

In another way, one can be overly-critical of folks being too much like X [stalkerish] when it's not... while not realizing what they themselves are doing, which they think is perfectly fine and may be roughly correct, is the same thing they criticize... which actually Isn't such a bad thing.
 gtomustang
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/18/2017 3:36:41 PM
Albie damned, Pig, you're right. Didn't know that

http://sharetv.com/person/johnny_galecki

you are also right, Ouija, only one lady he posted thinking she wasn't worth an airline ticket. my bad. but still hypocritical, thinking other guys too shy were manhood-questionable. i can't imagine how a thread about who profile pictures look like, could go sour. We're a loving family here :)

norwegie (I won't tell you what actor your picture reminds me of, b/c i can't remember the name of the actor), i think i missed the point of your last post. I thought you might be saying, "if a hypocrite correctly tells us what we are doing wrong and we correct it, the end result is a good thing", but its probably another point you were trying to make.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What do you get out of this forum?