Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Have Something to Say to Your Ex? Say it Here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 51
Have Something to Say to Your Ex? Say it Here. Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
well insults after the fact, may seem pathetic and shallow such as "ugly" may reveal that the person does need to grow up, find more appropriate, effective, real observational, insults to convey their true feelings and a wisdom of understanding said relationship dynamics? Show what they have learned and how they have grown, but most will not listen to such a diatribe; therefore, it is not effective or powerful.. often ugly is no referral to looks it is a truly an ugly person. yes I know some people that do contain the whole ugly tree, and i am sure those same people i find hideous, find me hideous.. Both insults are simple and concise. I think when the insults show no effort or observation they are more painful-yet do provide the realization- it is done. Very rarely, do i associate such comments as an indication of desire to hurt. I believe people that use pathetic cliche insults or vulgar liberal profanity could care less about me, i am just a blip on their radar screen-They are putting no thought into, or about me.. you know they have happily moved on.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Have Something to Say to Your Ex? Say it Here.
Posted: 9/12/2017 7:50:47 PM
Everything I've ever had to say to my X, I've already said before.
I said these things to my X in our past, now is now , and what else is life for?

But to do and say ,what needs to be said and done, when the time for saying is required...
And to enjoy the present, and plan for the future, and in the past not be mired....
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2017 2:03:58 PM
"Glad we were both decent about this break-up."
 Kelligreeneyes
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/13/2017 6:30:08 PM
My ex was still not over his wife divorcing his controlling ass. He could not stop putting her down, talking about her, the past, the memories....blah, blah, blah. After sex this was the convo and what he said....I was speechless then but I wished I would have replied like this:

Me: ( sigh)
Him: You like when I go down on you don't you?
Me: ahhh, yeah. You make me feel good.
Him: yeah, the ex liked that too....but she don't get that no more.
Me: really? Well I doubt she really cares....cuz obviously she found someone better.

BAM

He was so ignorant. I didn't respond that way...I was speechless. But I wish I would have said that. LOL
 jay951jay
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/14/2017 10:07:35 AM
i would say thank you for ghosting me after almost 5 years of being together. i'm better now
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2017 7:27:57 PM
"Sorry I emptied my pockets onto the unmade bed and then laughed when you got up and there was a quarter stuck to your ass cheek."
 Seki1949
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2017 10:40:36 PM
How can I miss you, when you won't go away?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2017 10:52:33 PM
(Above.)

Ouch.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2017 11:29:08 PM

How can I miss you, when you won't go away?

"I can't go away because you chained me here in this dark basement!" :)
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2017 11:35:15 PM
(Above.)

Tell anyone, and I'll deny it and call you a liar! (Like who are they going to believe, seriously?)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2017 11:27:59 AM

Tell anyone, and I'll deny it and call you a liar! (Like who are they going to believe, seriously?)

True. They'd believe polite Canadian gals over us American guys. Plus, all they'd have to do is check my computer and see my selection of websites I may view from time to time:

"Yep, he obviously just shackled himself down there, asking for some Dom action against him. Crazy 'Merican!"
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2017 9:13:23 PM
I for one do not stereotype Americans. I couldn't even if I wanted to - all I know about you people is that you like guns and hate immigrants ;)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2017 9:47:24 PM
Once I decided to get rid of him, I had nothing left to say, and I didn't want to hear what he said while we still lived together for a short time while divorcing.

He kept in touch with me, called during lunch as he did when we were married, but I had to cut him lose. He had a gf, then moved in with her, so he was using me to continue his pattern of doing things behind someone's back, which would have been that of the new gf. I didn't want to be party to him being sneaky, and I didn't like him anymore to keep as a friend. I could have told him that, but why bother? I just made sure to screen calls and didn't respond to emails.
 Dedelf6809
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/22/2017 6:17:47 AM
If I had the chance to sit down with my ex and talk to her I would tell her I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was never able to be there for her the way she needed. I'd tell her I'm sorry I took everything she did for granted. I'd apologize for not taking her concerns seriously, blaming her for my problems that had nothing to do with her, and for brainwashing her to think she wasn't good enough for me. I'd apologize for leaving her on her own with a mountain of debt and no-one to help her with that or anything else.

I wish I had the chance to tell her no matter how much I acted like I hated her when my depression was overwhelming I always loved her. I never stopped even though I was the one who left. I'd tell her she's still the most beautiful woman in the world to me and I was a fool to leave.
 forumslady
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/22/2017 7:05:35 PM
Dedelf6809- It takes a TRUE man to admit he's done wrong, so obviously, you've progressed.
As much as people might wish for a repeat, we don't get one.
You have, clearly, learned from this, and good for you.
One suggestion, write all this to her, what you said here and anything else you might feel. Don't send it to her, it's about getting it out.
Once you have it written down, burn it. Then, put it behind you, for good.
Making mistakes CAN make you a bad person, but the difference is, those who admit it and work to change.
The fact you took responsibility for your actions speaks volumes and tells me you are one of the good ones who made a mistake.
Forgive yourself and move on. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2017 10:34:25 PM

Throughout the years I have yet to discover what is so great about living alone,

Really? You actually want roommates?

however I have encountered something worse. Dying alone.

Yes, it's always best to be dying and having people have to tend to ya and feel guilty if they don't... I'd rather be dying alone than making everyone watch me wilter away. That'd be pretty selfish of me...
 spot4username
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2017 3:26:03 AM

Throughout the years I have yet to discover what is so great about living alone,

Just goes to show that we aren't all the same. I can't imagine living with another person. I like my privacy and I like my space. Having another person around all the time gets on my last nerve. Not everyone is meant to be coupled up. I like dating, not cohabitation.

however I have encountered something worse. Dying alone.

Everyone dies alone.
 Inicia
Msg: 68
Have Something to Say? Say it Here.
Posted: 10/25/2017 6:31:32 AM
^^ My thoughts and heart goes out to you
I have a single sister with no offspring, in another state, recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She is still in pretty good health- Or states she feels all right and does not take chemo or radiation-However- I am going down to stay for an indeterminate amount of time, to help in any way I can- i am the only sister retired- she had the good fortune to terminate her employment upon diagnosis-my son is grown and on his own. I hope I can provide help, comfort and distraction/companionship for a person i love and hold dear.
she was able to move across the street from my other sister in that state-it is more convenient for both-the sister there has been very supportive- yet has a child still home-husband and full time, demanding employment. Yes, as a single person, i have a very real awareness that we all do the actual death part alone-i do know if i suffer any debilitating, terminal illness- arrangements for assistance will be difficult and expensive-and state assisted care is often compromised by lack of funding
 benartflick
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/25/2017 6:39:51 AM

"Throughout the years I have yet to discover what is so great about living alone,"

For me living alone is okay, but sharing the same roof with a mate was much better. A few of the little joys of life might be that welcome home smile, hug and kiss. And that goodnight hug and kiss prior to going into separate bedrooms. (I prefer sleeping alone.)

On the other hand, if the moment I enter my house and hear someone complaining about what Trump might have done fifty years ago, I'd prefer to live alone. In fact I might rent her a place in Canada where there's a PM that might be dumber than Trump, but younger, better looking, and gets away with elbowing women in the breast if he apologizes sometime after he cools off.
 benartflick
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/25/2017 6:57:35 AM
To my ex-wife: Is it hot down there? How's your mom and does she still ride around on a broom?

To my long time sweetheart: Are there tennis courts and golf courses up there? I hope to see ya in thirty or forty years.
 Inicia
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/25/2017 7:21:45 AM
elbowing a breast is not equivalent to "grab by P**y"...no need to complain about trump's past- plenty current new stuff-yet no need to dampen my thoughts or words with his ills-
 benartflick
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/25/2017 9:14:33 AM

"no need to complain about trump's past"

That was just an example of mindlessly complaining for no apparent reason whatsoever instead of a friendly smile, hello, hug and kiss. I should have used, "Shut the door you muckin' idiot, you're lettin' the heat out." instead.

"elbowing a breast is not equivalent to "grab by P**y"

A matter of opinion. Some actually believe a physical assault to a woman's breast is far worse than a fool saying something about some women let celebrities grab 'em there and other things. I'm only aware of ONE woman saying Trump grabbed her there after she was moved from coach to first class and then back to coach (her decision without reporting the assault). Ya got the name of a somewhat believable victim?

Trump also said he kissed many. I believe that since several women came forward with believable stories about kisses. Oh, I almost forgot, one woman said he touched her arm. Hey, they were looking for allegations that ad up. Even with all those kisses, an arm touch, two phony rape allegations that were dropped almost immediately, and that implausible fairy tale on a plane they could only come up with 16 sexual allegations.

I can't understand why there was nothing but high praise for a man grabbing a married woman, bending her backwards while firmly holding her back and head, and then kissing her on the lips for 6 seconds. People at that Oscar presentation cheered and applauded. That unwanted kiss is rated in the top 2 memorable Oscar moments of all time.

I'm old enough to realize the world is filled with hypocrites and it only matters who you are. Many in Hollywood thought it was okay for a 43 year old man to rape a 13 year old girl since she wasn't a virgin. Most gave that rapist a standing ovation when he won an Oscar. Some of those same people condemned another man for kissing women and saying something very foolish to another man.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2017 10:57:38 AM

I'm still working full time. After about 2 hours though I'm totally spent but keep pushing for the eight hours. There are days I literally collapse on the floor when I get home but I have to eat yet so I brace myself against the stove to prepare a meal. While taking chemo the following three days a person's body isn't even their own. Motor skills are wiped out. I had a feeding tube put in because opening a few cans of formula was doable instead of cooking.

You're basically saying it's not the concept of living without roommates -- ie alone -- but you don't have help that you need because you're Not in a retirement home / hospital on the last legs, but heroically working full time and trying to go about every day life in a MacGuyver sort of way. Your point is -- that sucks and you Don't want to do all that alone, which I totally believe. Of course you'd rather have someone you know help VS in-home health services stopping by when times are the toughest.

But the point of "I don't want to die alone" -- is "having people by my side as I slip away". It's not about lack of health care and lack getting what you need during those times... but having friends/family members being by your side the whole time. For me, I'm not like that (nor am I the only one, even among those older). I don't want to have people I know change their venue to take care of me because I'm going to pass in the not so distant future. If I'm on my death bed -- or even in a hospital a mess at the time -- I don't want people visiting me (obligation), but obviously I'm not going to say No. I'm that Type, and there are some like that who are not young. That said, maybe in a few decades, as we can certainly change in a number of ways over time as our brain changes -- maybe my Emotional POV will change too.
 6jellybeans
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/25/2017 1:59:46 PM
What is great about living alone?
1. Your mess and only your mess. You don't have to clean up after someone else and if you can't be bothered to wash up no one there to winge about it
2. Bed space. LOADS of bed space and you can sleep just as you want, no having the dovet thrown over you or having to cling to a tiny corner...
3. You can eat what you want when you want
4. You can poo in peace with the door open
5. You can walk round naked and not a care in the world or worry about who is going to drop by
6. You want to read a book you can, you want to listen to loud music you can
7. No farts other than your own
8. The loo seat is always down
9. The tooth paste is never squeezed from the middle
10. No one takes the last of the milk
11. No one leaves empty loo rolls around
12. No one to come clumping in at 2am stinking of booze and slobbering
13. You don't have to suffer the indignity of someone seeing you when you are ill and you can just be grim in peace
14. Mornings. You can enjoy sun rises and enjoy the mornings as you please, get up or stay in bed doesnt matter
15. No nagging
16. No dirty pants left about the place
17. No special sock discovered under the bed
18. Your stuff stays where you put it
19. No one to clear out your bank account other than yourself
20. Total freedom to go where you want and do what you want

I can go on! Being single and living on your own is so much easier than living with someone else.... Absolutely love it! And is also why I am being damned careful about who I choose to live with in the future.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2017 2:31:48 PM
Yes, to all the above!

21. Not making any compromises inside your home (mostly covered^^^)
22. Now you can go to sleep angry if you want to, but......it will be peacefully☺
23. Breaking up is so much easier. No one is packing up, less heartache for everyone that way.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Have Something to Say to Your Ex? Say it Here.